Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Zemtri <3 * guest artists chosen! * by Charchar2

Artist Charchar2 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Zemtri <3 * guest artists chosen! *

Postby Charchar2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:20 am

Hey there, here you can adopt one of those horse-like creatures known as Zemtri ^^
But of course, I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I? You're probably wondering what Zemtri even are ...
let's see, I think I have some old articles around here about them ...
-digs around in closet-
Aha, here we go!
Would you like to read it?

Exciting news reports have spoken of a new species, just discovered on an - also newly discovered - island in the Pacific. There are many name suggestions for these creatures, the most promising of which is "Zemtri," but no official name has been decided yet. But, of course, you're probably wondering what these creatures look like - and what all the fuss is about. After all, new species ARE discovered rather frequently nowadays.

At a glance, Zemtri appear rather similar to their distant kin, the plains zebra. But upon closer examination they are truly quite different. The first thing most notice is their horn; bright, bold, and oddly twisted, almost like a lightning bolt. Scientists are currently unsure of its use, but suspect it may be used to release electrical currents for communication. Secondly, they have a strange marking upon their hind legs; it looks almost like a power symbol, coming in a variety of colors. Once again, scientists don't know its exact use, although they have discovered that, rather interestingly, when a Zemtri is hurt, hungry, or tired, it will pulse a dull red shade regardless of its original color. Lastly, the have a sort of power cord rather than a tail! Rather bizarre, I must say! It is thought that this, when plugged into an electrical outlet, can give them an energy boost, although this theory has yet to be tested.

But, of course, you're still probably wondering why the scientists are so excited. Well, when they first came to the island and saw these creatures, one of the scientists - well meaning but not thinking - attempted to take one of the Zemtri foals they came across back to his boat. The Zemtri's mother burst out of the forest, and, seeing what was happening, became very, very angry. Sparks began dancing all over her body and she charged toward the scientist, who jumped in the boat and pushed off just in time.

When the scientists thought about this occurrence, they began to get very, very excited. The world was in a dire state, needing electricity but with no reliable renewable source. And these ... these Zemtri could produce it at will! It was a perfect! They could bring them back to America and ... voila! A renewable power source!

So, as you can see, the world is quite excited about these promising equines. Any day now the scientists should be back; and perhaps soon it'll be Zemtri electricity farms, not power plants you're seeing!

Ha! If only things had worked out so well.
That was years ago.
I remember, when they first brought them back, we were all so excited.
These beautiful electric horses seemed like the answers to all of our problems.

Suffice to say, they weren't.
Their horns did indeed let off electric currents for communication; they interfered with telephone lines and nearly all electronic devices. Even though those scientists had only brought back a handful of Zemtri, the currents were strong. And, of course, in anticipation of needing more for electricity's sake, they had bred tons of the creatures.
They were spread out all over the globe, having been sold before the scientists even returned! This effectively ruined most electronic devices. And you know how we humans are dependent on our gadgets. Eventually, though, through careful selective breeding, scientists managed to create Zemtri who wouldn't destroy any remaining devices.
But all those high hopes of using their electricity? They went out the window. First off, the Zemtri only produced it when they felt like it. Scientists tried taming and training them, but the Zemtri were stubborn and refused to listen. Secondly, when one scientist noticed that the electricity was produced when the Zemtri were angry, he suggested that they try to make the Zemtri angry so they'd produce electricity. Yeah ... that didn't work so well. He caused a stampede, which resulted in the Zemtri - significantly stronger than the scientists had estimated - breaking out of the research lab and stampeding over the countryside.
Eventually, the disappointed scientists had to admit that it just wasn't going to work. The Zemtri - even though they had bred out all technology interference - were simply to wild to use as a power-source.
I was disappointed but not terribly surprised. But, when listening to the news that evening, I learned something I found shocking and horrible - the Zemtri were going to be put down. I couldn't believe it. Listening intently, I learned that it was simply because no one wanted them now that they couldn't be used for power; so there was no one to take care of them. I was horrified. All of those proud, magnificent creatures being ... killed? It was awful. It just wasn't right. Turning my attention back to the news, I learned one more little piece that sealed the deal for me: they were being killed just one mile away from my neighborhood. In an old abandoned horse farm.
I knew what I needed to do. I drove there at once, and asked to speak to whoever was in charge of their fate. "I'll take them," I said to the man who came to speak to me. He looked confused. I tried to explain. "The Zemtri. I'll take them. I don't care if they don't make electricity! I'll fix up this old place and keep them here. I'll raise knowledge about them. I'll find them new homes," He just shook his head slowly and whistled. "If you really care that much..." I looked at him anxiously, awaiting his answer. "All yours," he said, motioning to a horse trailer that pulled up. There was lots of bumping and thumping inside. I knew I had a big job ahead of me, but I couldn't help but smile. I had always loved horses.
The doors opened and the gorgeous Zemtri spilled out. They were even prettier in real life. Chestnuts, paints, shiny black ones, all of them were beautiful and amazing. I knew I'd made the right choice.

So, what are you waiting for? Wouldn't you like to give one a loving home?
Of course, there are a few forms to fill out ... oh, and some rules! Just to keep order, you understand.

- Please do not steal this species/claim as your own ^^
- You are allowed & encouraged to use your Zemtri in your signature, art, RPs, etc <3
- If you do not want your Zemtri anymore, PM the artist who made it & it will be re-adopted.
- Please post adoption forms on Zemtri's pages, only - the main thread is for breeding, news & questions <3
- You may only have up to 5 Zemtri.
- You must give credit of the Zemtri's design to it's artist.
- Please be polite & respectful ^^

That's pretty much it though!
Now why don't you go look and see if there's the perfect Zemtri for you out in the pasture? <33
Last edited by Charchar2 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm traveling til Friday w/ no access to my tablet!

Mostly quitting CS; I'll check messages on occasion but DA or Skype is probably a better place to contact me.
Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Zemtri <3

Postby Charchar2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:20 am

Every so often, Zemtri will fall in love and have little Zemtri foals.
Zemtri are loyal mates so once couples are together, they're together for life. ^^

Zemtri breeding is free but you may only post a form when slots are open. <3
If you are breeding your Zemtri with another that doesn't belong to you, that's fine, but the other Zemtri's owner must fill out a form as well ^^

1. - closed -
2. - closed -

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Mother link:[/b]
[b]Father link:[/b]
[b]Who will be keeping the foal?[/b]
Last edited by Charchar2 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mostly quitting CS; I'll check messages on occasion but DA or Skype is probably a better place to contact me.
Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:21 am

Last edited by Charchar2 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:00 am, edited 7 times in total.

Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:21 am

You may post now <3

Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby altiora » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 am

Is there going to be a competition or form for wanna-be artists?
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Commander? Can... can I say something?"
"Yes, of course, Hera. What are you thankful for?"
"Memoria." "Memoria?"
▔▔▔▔

toyhou.se
my carrd
[art TOS]
quote credit
x x x

▔▔▔▔▔;;▔▔

cain, or cass
they - them

queer adult.
bird lover !!

( also space, &
podcasts too )

i encourage
constructive
criticism
.▔▔▔▔
" I WILL SOAR, THEN,
BEYOND THIS POWER OF MY NATURE,

AND RISE BY DEGREES
TO HIM WHO MADE ME.

(saint augustine's confessions)
I enter the fields and spacious halls of memory, where are
stored the countless images that have been brought into them
from all manner of things by the senses. There, in the memory,
is stored what we cogitate, either by enlarging or reducing our
perceptions, or by altering one way or another those things
which the senses have made contact with; and everything else
that has been entrusted to it and stored up in it, and which
oblivion has not yet swallowed up and buried. "
altiora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:48 am

Maybe in a bit ^^

Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fallenfishy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:52 am

Awh, these are adorable <3. I love them c:!
~Marking<3
My handsome bean Rangi. Art by Ruki.
Fallen or Fishy | Adult | She/her

I love drawing and playing video games like Pokémon,
Monster Hunter, ESO, etc. I am shy but friendly, feel
free to reach out if you want to talk about anything!

Art Shop

Discord: fallenfishy#5894
Toyhouse: fallenfishy

Awesome Species wrote:

Spirit Grove - Faeriekins
fallenfishy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:53 am

Thank you! <3
The first adoptable is up ^^

Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:34 am

Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby white . horse » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:06 pm

Ooh, love these guys. I might want to be an artist when the competition comes up! c:
white . horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me