Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Hoverfox Official Artist Competition! [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] by Metallic Dragon

Based on Click to view
Artist Metallic Dragon [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Hoverfox Official Artist Competition! [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:35 am

Alright, after a lot of deliberation, gallery-checking, double and triple viewing, and consideration, I have the winners. As soon as each of them sees this post, I would like them to post, letting me know that they accept their position as an official hoverfox artist so I can send them their prize as well. The same goes for those who may win runner-up positions, please post letting me know if you'd like to be an official artist or just a guest artist.

And now, the winners are as follows...

Third Place:
~Freedom~ with XX

Second Place:
ℭøґαʟ ℭα∂α√ℯґ with XX

First Place:
~Asaki with XX

Runner ups:
JayJay
Script
Pocketw a t c h

You may be asking yourself, what exactly is a hover fox anyway?
Hover foxes are cuddly, adorable fox hybrids with unusually large furry ears. As infants they are born with very small, proportional-sized ears, but as they reach childhood, those ears grow so large they can use them to hover a little bit above the ground and glide short distances. Of course, that can't last and by the time they reach adulthood they do grow into their ears a bit and are no longer able to use them for 'flight'. Their diet consists of seafood and different types of sweet and sour fruit, depending on their taste preference and where they live. Most HFs grow to be the size of a german shepherd, though you'll occasionally get some that are larger.

About Hover Foxes:

Ages and Sizes:
Infant: Bat to kitten sized
Child: Chihuahua to Shi Tzu sized
Teen: Red fox to Chow Chow sized
Adult: German Shepherd to Bloodhound sized

-Hover Foxes are mammals, therefore have live births. There are usually two to three kits per litter and all are born deaf and blind with very faint markings. As they grow, their markings darken and their eyes open. At the age of about one month old, their ears begin to grow at an alarming rate.
-Most Hover Foxes have soft fluffy tails, but occasionally some will be born with a genetic defect that causes them to lose the fur on their tails as they grow into childhood. Not to worry though, the fur that grows back is short and sleek and the fur that does not fall out from the end of their tails hardens into somewhat floppy spikes.
-On occasion, there are also HFs that mutate as they mature into adulthood and will grow the same dull spikes on their backs. These are not sharp and will not harm you or your furniture should your fox be prone to rubbing against things.
-Hover Foxes come in many colors and have many different patterns. No two Hover Foxes are the same.
-Dark colored Hover Foxes are rare, as are plain colored Hover Foxes.
-HFs are wonderful fisher foxes, they are great at catching all kinds of seafood. Anything from salmon to trout to shrimp and everything in between. Just so long as they're large enough to lift it out of the water, they can usually catch it.
-HFs are generally very active, loveable, and energetic. It's very seldom that you'll come across a mean Hover fox.
-Hover Foxes are able to glide on their enormous ears from childhood until they reach adulthood. As they get to the end of their teenage years, their body hits a growth spurt and slowly they begin to lose height and distance each time they attempt to glide until eventually they're large enough that their ears can no longer support their weight in flight.
-A domestic hover fox usually lives about 50 years if properly cared for. Wild hover foxes usually only reach about 40 years.

Competition Rules:

- There will be no lineart edits of any kind(you may re-draw the lineart for this competition if you'd like as long as their anatomy remains the same). This means I will not allow any changes in the species themselves, this includes but is not limited to: tails, ears, eyes, etc. The only exceptions are small accessories such as necklaces, bracelets, etc that don't change the body structure of the hoverfoxes.
- Those who do not follow the rules regarding these linearts will be stripped of their artist position and will be asked to change the fox so that it is within the rules.
- Please respect Metta as the owner of the hoverfoxes. Her word is law. These foxes belong to her and she has the final say on EVERYTHING regarding them.
- Darker colors are considered rare, I'd prefer if you didn't use them.
- You may use up to five colors per fox(including eye color)
- You may not keep the designs you make for this competition as there is always the chance that they'll be transferred into an official adoptable.
- By coloring this, you are committing to being an accountable and reliable artist for the hoverfoxes if you win the competition
- You may enter more than once
- I suppose I should dash your hopes now that it's come up... Hoverfoxes can't glow...(unless I get enough PMs begging me to allow glowing as a super duper rare trait that can only be used with express permission from me)

Prizes:

1st place: Official hoverfox artist and Image

2nd place: Official hoverfox artist and Image

3rd place: Official hoverfox artist and Image

Runner ups: Official hoverfox artist

This competition will end when I feel there are a sufficient amount of entries OR on December 1st
Last edited by Metallic Dragon on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hoverfox Official Artist Competition!

Postby Kiesen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:43 am

Dang im already a artist xD I want that advent

Meta can i do some entries just for fun? Maybe inspire some people

If you support/make AI art, I will block you on sight. Thanks.
Smoke - She/They - Adult - Taken
Art by Fewtish on DA
Kiesen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:44 am

If you'd like, just know I likely won't count them when I go to judge the competition
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pepper_Mint_Wolf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:46 am

Entering
Pepper_Mint_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coexist » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 am

entered
I would like to appoligize to everyone for my behavior. Apparently one of my meds needed adjusted. I decided to stay but I will soon start a thread about High Functioning Autisum so that maybe a few people can better understand when I do slip. Love you all!
Coexist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby twilightstar0726 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:43 am

Entering ^.^
twilightstar0726

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Colonel Sarcasm » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:18 am

So on this competition, do you want the five colors in color spots or no?
Currently Under Construction

Mood:
Thinking about mini-skirts. Enough said.

Quote of the Day:
"That's a stupid question, Havoc. I say it because it's true. And when I'm Führer, there will be changes. That day, all female officers will be required to wear...TINY MINISKIRTS!"
- Roy Mustang

Definition of the Day:
Useless: 1. Without useful qualities; Of no practical good. 2. Colonel Roy Mustang in the rain.
Colonel Sarcasm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:20 am

You don't have to, but if you want to put the five colors you used in color spots, you can
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Colonel Sarcasm » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:20 am

ok i'm coloring it in right now!
Currently Under Construction

Mood:
Thinking about mini-skirts. Enough said.

Quote of the Day:
"That's a stupid question, Havoc. I say it because it's true. And when I'm Führer, there will be changes. That day, all female officers will be required to wear...TINY MINISKIRTS!"
- Roy Mustang

Definition of the Day:
Useless: 1. Without useful qualities; Of no practical good. 2. Colonel Roy Mustang in the rain.
Colonel Sarcasm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SketchedMoon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 am

I entered ◕‿◕
SketchedMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me