Masked #1- Mistah J's De La Warr by byyrde

Based on Click to view
Artist byyrde [gallery]
Time spent 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Masked #1- Mistah J's De La Warr

Postby byyrde » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:14 am

The Masked are a large, wild species that live in all habitats. They have a strong, thick mask over their face that protects a vulnerable skull, acid that digests their food straight in their mouth, and a very flexible jaw bone. The Masked sizes range from a great Dane size to taller than a human, depending on the species of Masked. The young are born live and are small compared to their parents. The Masked have a variety of personalities, a lot of which can be based on food. Food is a huge part of a Masked’s life.

The first Masked on Oekaki available for adoption :3

To adopt this fella, we're doing something new. He already has a favorite food, tuna.
(THANK YOU PANCREAS FOR THAT SUGGESTION)

You have to draw a picture or write a story about him and... tuna. |D
Include anything else you want, personality, likes, dislikes. Best form wins!

Code: Select all
Username;
Masked Name;
Story or Art;
Last edited by byyrde on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

quinn | she/her or they/them | lesbian

busy with university and struggling a lot with mental health so i'm really sorry for dipping out suddenly but i just can't keep up with my art and my work :( all the best everyone xx
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Masked #1

Postby .LivingDead. » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:23 am

It kinda look like Slender Man's face, if you know who that is xD.
My sister says she doesn't find CS fun and won't even get on, so as sister, I'll let her pets get into better homes! Feel free to snatch 3 max
.LivingDead.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Masked #1

Postby Fawkes-Rinzler » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:15 am

Username; Mistah J
Masked Name; De La Warr
Story or Art; I breathed a sigh as I watched De La Warr mess with the can of tuna. He had been rolling it around on the floor for the last fifteen minutes, trying to open it and failing. I hadn't offered help as the last thing I wanted was to get bitten. De La Warr began noming the can and glaring at me bitterly. He finally wanted help.

I chuckled as I grabbed the can from him and set it on the counter. The acid was already eating away at the can, but I knew that De La Warr would turn his mask up to it if it didn't have a bit of mayo and chopped up pickles in it. He was very picky, despite the fact that he liked tuna of all things. I quickly went to work around the kitchen, preparing the meal as De La Warr watched me from his bed in the family room. I was once unnerved by the unblinking eyes that studied me wherever I went, but as I had become more accustomed to having De La Warr in the though, little things like being watched and waking up to a faceless pet became very natural for me. I was almost surprised when I saw things like dogs begging at the counters or cats rubbing their whiskers against legs. They had faces and weren't trained! It was alien to me.

As I finished mashing in the mayo and pickles, I could feel something pawing at my leg. I looked down and saw De La Warr looking up at me with his large eyes. I smiled softly and set the snack down for him. Tuna. Why he loved tuna, I never understood.... then again, I liked tuna too. I dished out a bit of the extra food for myself, pouring it into my salad before sitting down on the couch to watch the evening news. Once De La Warr was finished he joined me.

As I watched in horror at the fire that ripped through the countryside, I didn't notice that a certain blue Masked was getting into my dinner! I looked down in time to sees De La Warr's tongue jolting back into his mouth. I gasped and flung myself off of the couch to get to a towel. De La Warr despised lettuce! He'd surely vomit!

I returned with the towel in time to watch De La Warr finish emptying his stomach on my leather couch. I groaned and picked up what I could with the towel. I spared a glance to the Masked in question, who looked ashamed. His head was bowed and he slowly hopped off of the couch and crawled away. I shook my head and stifled a sigh as I finished cleaning up the vomit. It really wasn't De La Warr's fault. If I hadn't had the tuna myself, he wouldn't have wanted the salad....

Once my leather couch was spotless once more, I began looking for my beloved Masked. De La Warr, despite his height, could crawl into surprisingly small places. I looked everywhere before finally peaking under my bed. Sure enough, there he was, curled and looking desperately sad.

"C'mon out, De La Warr, It's alright. I'm sorry ,that was my fault." I said, offering him my hand. De La Warr hissed and curled up farther. So the Masked wanted to mope? Alright, two could play at that game. I grabbed my fishing rod, opened another can of tuna, and pushed it under my bed.I would lure De La Warr out!

I felt movement on my line and I began to reel it in. I watched, stifling my laugh,as the bed moved and shifted from on top of De La Warr. Finally, as the can popped out, a soft blue head peaked out. I smiled and stroked the head. De La Warr purred at the contact before finishing up the can.

I laughed softly and gently led him back to the living room before motioning for him to jump up next to me. After a moment, De La Warr joined me on the couch, set his head on my lap, and began to nod off. I stroked him as I watched the news. This was what I was used to. This was how I lived my life. And I couldn't ask for anything else.
Fawkes-Rinzler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Masked #1- Mistah J's De La Warr

Postby byyrde » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 am

You got him cx

quinn | she/her or they/them | lesbian

busy with university and struggling a lot with mental health so i'm really sorry for dipping out suddenly but i just can't keep up with my art and my work :( all the best everyone xx
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me