Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

{Contest} Make Nellie a mate! {Winners Announced!} by puddssoul

Based on Click to view
Artist puddssoul [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 50 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

{Contest} Make Nellie a mate! {Winners Announced!}

Postby puddssoul » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:09 pm

That's right! I'm hoping to find my character, Nellie, the perfect mate. This contest will be judged on a combination of both personality and design, so don't worry if you're not the best artist, or not the best writer. There aren't many of us are both, and it will be a average of both. :D Without further ado, here's a picture of my Nellie:

Or here, as Pup #3:

Things I like:
Splashes of rainbow (but not overpowering)
Cool colors (blues, violets, etc.) or earthy tones (browns and greens)
Contrasting colors (like blue and red together)
Pale colors together
WINGS :D
Colors that would produce interesting pups when paired with Nellie <3
Manly accessories (well, accesories in general, but for a male, manly ones, like a shark tooth necklace or a feather behind his ear or something -- let your imagination go wild!)
Bright colors to accentuate
BALLOONS :D
Purple! XD

Things I don't like:
Overpowering colors (like you'd need sunglasses to look at them)
A BUNCH of patterns together (I love checkerboard or lepord print, but not together XD)
Girly colors on a male (no pink, please -- I really don't like pink)

Again, these are just suggestions. If you'd rather just glance at Nellie and go wild, go ahead. :D I'd love to see what you guys can come up with.

And, the moment I'm sure everyone has been waiting for -- PRIZES.

First Prize (the one who will get to be Nellie's mate ;D):
*Your pick of a pup from their first litter (you can do it, or I'll find someone else to, you get first pick :D).
*Your pick (you get first pick from here too ;D) of eight pets from my 'Contest Prize Pets'. There's a fair mix of different breeds and rarities in there.
*If you're interested, a 1x1 roleplay with me so we can roleplay the pups. :D

Second Prize (I'll take your design to be a mate for one of my other female characters):
*Your pick (second pick, obviously) of five pets from the 'Contest Prize Pets'.

Third Prize (ditto as Second Prize):
*Your pick (third pick) of three pets from the 'Contest Prize Pets'.

Runner-Ups:
If I feel that you put a lot of time and effort into your design yet I didn't choose you for one of the placings, I may drop you a little thank-you gift for trying. I may even offer to buy your design from you for wishlist pets or left-over prize pets if you're interested in them. If you don't want your design, you can also pm me and ask if I'd like to purchase it. Otherwise, have fun with your new character. ;D

I may also offer items (here kindly modeled by my lovely Mina) shown here (including the ones she's 'wearing', not just floating ones) along with a few others:
Pet's name: Mina
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Shoot me a pm if you're curious about which ones!

Please note that I will be adding pets to the Contest group as I go along, I just want to get this post up so I'll have more time to worry about prizes. ^-^ The trade settings for the group are disabled, so hopefully none will be accidentally traded away. So if you want to look at them, you'll have to go through and look at my pet collection. If you have any requests for pets to be added, don't be hesitant to pm me, but remember, I don't have to take your suggestion. If it isn't a double, I probably won't put it in there, and I won't be putting my 'Favorites' pets in there. <3

Please follow CS rules and the rules of the artist's lineart (no removing the signature and all that) and besides that, let your imagination go wild! I can't wait to see what you guys can come up with for my darling Nellie! <3 Thanks for your time!

This will end 10/01/2012, or before that if I see a design I cannot live without OR if we reach a large number of designs (such as thirty or forty) and I do not think I can judge any more than that. :X

Edit:
A few things I forgot. ^-^"

1.) You CAN put in multiple entries if you'd like to. Just don't keep it rediculous -- please, no more than five per user (not that I think anyone will ACTUALLY make that many xD).
2.) Personality is not required, HOWEVER it IS a boost. Even it's just short and something like, "Shy, sweet, wallflower."
3.) I am NOT required to hand out participation prizes, but if you try and don't place, I probably will send you a few pets if I feel you put a lot of work into your design. :D
4.) If you pm me and ask me to buy your design, I am NOT required (especially if you demand high prices) but I probably will make an offer just because I'm kind of a design-hoarder. XD

Another edit:
Someone requested a sort of scoring thing, so I'm going to do one real quick. :X I'm starting with the first entry and working from there. If I miss yours, please say something -- but if it's not up here yet, I probably haven't gotten to it yet. Don't take these scores too much to heart, my mind might change while I'm looking over them, but it should work as a general ranking.

Cerulean Wake with Birch!:
8/10
Love the design, and I love the name (tree names. I lurve them...). If you would have added a personality, it probably would have pushed it over the top. :X I love how the design is simple but eye-catching! That little leaf? Adorable!

Elysmear with Ashen!:
7/10
I adore the uniqueness of him, and how different he is from all of the other entries -- and the first one with wings? Oh yes. ;D Again, the whole no-personality thing, and I really would have liked a little more of the cool colors on him besides just the eyes.

Shewolf28 with Unnamed!:
6/10
It's clear how much detail and time you put into him, and I find him absolutely charming. I'm just not sure about the amount of rainbow and the floofy hair. If you would have given him a name and short personality, it definately would have boosted your score.

~Lucky.Irish.Punk~ with Corde'Tepente!:
9/10
You know I simply adore his personality and name both. So unique and inspiring! I love the glow, along with the small touches of rainbow that set him apart from the other designs. Again, it's obvious how much time you put into him, and I was drawn to him from the very beginning of this competition. <3

Greendragon with Unnamed!:
5/10
Handsome, but with no name or personality, there's not much to judge on. I'm not sure about the white leapord print, or at least, the sheer amount of it. He doesn't look as intricate or detailed as most of the designs...

--Sunset-- with Unnamed!:
8/10
I really do adore this design, especially the little details that really make him pop -- the tree branches on the front legs, the rainbow print on the back... even the ivy-looking marks around the eyes. Again, it's another one where the personality and name would have put him over the top. ^-^

Kat2000 with Forest!:
8/10
Gorgeous. I love how the green and orange set the chocolate-y brown off. :D Again, simple, but definately unique. I like his name, but I would have liked his story more if you wouldn't have included Nellie like I said. :X This is about him, not her, for once.

stocking. with Folt!:
7/10
I like the little details on him, and I'm really liking his name and backstory, although if he wins, I'll probably elaborate on it a bit more. His colors mesh a little oddly, but I kind of like it. ^-^

BlackPersianSheep. with Unnamed!:
5/10
I'd probably give him a higher score, but it's clear you didn't put in as much time or energy as the other artists did, especially without even a name. :X I enjoy his design, but I think it might have been better with a little... something extra, to set him apart from the others.

Elysmear with Other Unnamed!:
7/10
I'm astounded by how much I like this design, even with the hair (I don't normally like wolves with hair, just as a principle) and the different tail. :D I really do wish you would have added a name and/or personality so I could give him a higher ranking, but even if he doesn't win, I'll definately be asking to buy him. :X Nellie still needs friends, and I could definately see this stunning guy filling either role (mate OR friend).

Darkeyedwolf with Nightbreeze!:
8/10
Those red eyes. Wow. They see into your soul. O-O I think his personality meshes well with Nellie's, and I enjoy his looks a lot. XD That's exactly the sort of design I'd probably make if I had more than mediocre drawing skills. I especially like the moon over the eye, it makes the eyes pop out even more!

Kat2000 with Neo!:
{WIP -- will finish a bit later <3}
Last edited by puddssoul on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:30 am, edited 7 times in total.

puddssoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {Contest} Make Nellie a mate!

Postby puddssoul » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:35 am

Bump!

puddssoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puddssoul » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:01 am

Bump!

puddssoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puddssoul » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:21 am

Bump! I can add more prizes to the pool if that's what's keeping people from entering! D:

puddssoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ET4252 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:26 am

I will be entering, as soon as I have access to a computer, which will most likely be tomorrow onwards

ET4252

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puddssoul » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:30 am

Awesome! <3 Thanks!

puddssoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puddssoul » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Bump! Thank you, everyone who's entered! <3 I really appreciate it! If I get a few more awesome entries, I'll probably add on a fourth (and maybe fifth ;D) place.

puddssoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puddssoul » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Bump!

puddssoul