Entry for abbyquinlan's contest! by Uchuujin

Based on Click to view
Artist Uchuujin [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Entry for abbyquinlan's contest!

Postby Uchuujin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:23 am

Here you go, abbyquinlan! I hope you like it :) Here is an explanation required for some of the accessories/ markings ~

The Necklace: Obviously it is meant to hang like a normal necklace, but I've turned it a little so that you can see all three stones. The Virgo zodiac sign has many different birthstones because the people who make those kind of decisions keep changing their minds! However, the three most commonly associated with Virgo are Sapphire, Peridot, and Carnelian - so I have chosen those gemstones for this character's necklace.

The Forehead Marking: It looks like a regular forehead marking, but it is actually symbolic. This marking is meant to be an abstract symbol for wheat. Can you tell now that I've pointed it out? I used wheat because many times the virgin is represented holding stalks of wheat. I think this is because the constellation Virgo in ancient times was associated with the Goddess Demeter, who is the Greek Goddess of grains and harvest. Also, winter wheat is planted in August/September (the times that the constellation virgo is up in the sky), and spring wheat is harvested in August/September.

The Stomach Marking: All zodiac signs supposedly have a body part associated with them. For virgos, it is the belly and lower intestines. That is why I decided to put the marking on the belly (I imagine there's one on each side although there can just be one on this side if you prefer asymmetry). The marking itself is literally the constellation of virgo.

The Leg Marking: Obviously this is the symbol for Virgo, which you requested specifically for your character. ^_^

The Base Coat: This character's base is silver, which isn't one of your favorite colors listed. I decided to use silver because Virgo's colors are silver and blue. The reason for this is the silver is supposed to be representative of Mercury, which is Virgo's planet. So even though you didn't specifically want silver, I thought that it was important in representing Virgo.

I think that's all. The colors and accessories are all what you've specified. And you're welcome to change the pattern on the leg warmers and arm warmers if you'd like. I imagine he or she probably has a whole stash of different ones to chose from :)

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry for abbyquinlan's contest!

Postby anquinlan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:46 am

wow! stunning job!
anquinlan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry for abbyquinlan's contest!

Postby Uchuujin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:06 am

yay! I'm glad that you like! Let me know if there's anything you would want changed

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items