Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Entry! :D

Postby sunny*days*ahead » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:19 am

Username:
sunny*days*ahead
Entry name:
Buck Eye
Personality:
Buck tends to be a bit of a "stick in the mud" when it comes to exciting things, but he really enjoys freedom, and because of that he is very independent. Though he looks a bit rough, he is very gentle. Also, not very talkative.
Species/breed:
A mix between a dog and small deer.
Story:
Buck Eye plodded quietly down the over-grown path in the woods. "Hmf, mummammngh..." He mumbled to himself, stopping to sniff at a paw print of a squirrel. Buck had been thinking a lot about his life, as he often did think very deep, sensitive things. But he never let that show around his woodland friends.
He kept silently walking down the road until he came to a particularly shaded area around a thicket of pine trees. "Hey." He stated, peering deep into the shadows. After a few seconds of rustling, a coyote leaped out, tumbling Buck Eye to the dirt. "Oof!" Buck humphed, always underestimating the clumsiness of Jumper, his closest friend. Many people made fun of the goofy coyote, but Buck let the admirer hang around him. "Hey ya, Buck! Wadda say we take a dive in the river?" Jumper rolled off of Buck, and bounced around happily. "How about not." Buck shook, dust flying. Jumper laughed, and took off at a run into the woods. Buck rolled his eyes and sprang into action, easily catching the coyote. Buck typically avoided displaying his rippling muscles, (it caused tension with the other males) but he wanted to have some fun with Jumper.
They reached the river, and Buck dived in first, followed by Jumper. Buck paddled around, and the two splashed each other in the face until Jumper nearly drowned. Buck climbed up onto the bank and laid in the sun. "Ahhh." He sighed. "This is the life."
Hunting/Foraging in the woods, and nature in general. He likes digging holes, too. He gets his name from the nut of a Hickory tree, his favorite kind. He likes his bandanna, but takes it off when hiding in the woods. And despite a predatory nature, he enjoys being around chickens.
Dislikes:
Alpha males (of any kind) and air-headed females (also of any kind). Being fenced in makes him absolutely crazy, as well as being groomed/fussed over.
Last edited by sunny*days*ahead on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_
"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."- Proverbs 16:24

sunny*days*ahead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry! :D

Postby doctor lecter » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:38 am

I love that this guy has antlers and everything, very cute ;D
The colors you used are very nice and I love the spots but other than that the design is a little plain. I am loving it the way it is but maybe you could add some more color? Perhaps some other shades of brown? The bandana and little tail are adorable :3 I just think he could use a little more color, maybe some more spots of different colors (:
Excellent job, I look forward to seeing the rest of the form c:
doctor lecter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny*days*ahead » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Okie dokie! I misread your information post as "Natural Colors****" meaning it was necessary, not optional :P haha. I'll edit it ;D
_
"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."- Proverbs 16:24

sunny*days*ahead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doctor lecter » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Oh, that's okay (: Natural colors are completely optional, although I much prefer them. I really love this guy except I think he would look nice with some darker shades of brown added to him and possibly other colors c:
doctor lecter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny*days*ahead » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:45 pm

I edited him, and added the info. Do you like? ;D *wiggles eyebrows*
_

sunny*days*ahead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doctor lecter » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:14 pm

I really like it! I love the story, and my imagination started going as I read it. I actually couldn't help but picture Buck being a different color, perhaps black. I am not asking you to change this lovely boy again but do you think you could create another version of this that is a dark grey or black, that way I could compare both versions and see which I like best? ( I feel like I am pestering too much :lol:) I just think it would look really nice, perhaps with some bright blue eyes that really stand out and the same white belly and white spots, but with light grey or white antlers.
The form is wonderful by the way ;D
doctor lecter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny*days*ahead » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:08 am

That's no trouble at all! I actually had a ton of fun making him, and was going to ask if I could keep him if he didn't win a place? :3
I'll make a colored-in version of this, and tell me if you like it better :D I like editing, so anything you want me to add, I can do!
_

sunny*days*ahead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me