Contest Entry for G.O.G. by .yuanfen

Based on Click to view
Artist .yuanfen [gallery]
Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Contest Entry for G.O.G.

Postby .yuanfen » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:06 pm

Username:
My username is Αθηναϊκή Δράκος, but it translates roughly to Athenian Dragon (so you can call me that to save the trouble of copying and pasting).

Name of Guardian:
"My name is Akila. If you do not know of my world, I will deign to tell you that it means simply 'intelligent'. I will not be as so bold to announce that I have great wisdom, for to do that would surely offend many- anyhow, I was simply born with that name and its truth is yet to be proven. In my opinion, I do not feel worthy of this name."

"I truly hope that I do not look like a male. It would be most troubling if I did."

God he/she serves:
"I serve the honorable god Ienpw, who you would call Anubis. Perhaps he is not acknowledged as much as Osiris, yet Ienpw is an important god nonetheless. He is the god of embalming, which is one of the most important rituals of our world. While he is no longer Lord of the Dead, he is still very much vital to our world, and I should hope that this is not forgotten.
I believe that one of his most important tasks is to measure the purity of the hearts of the dead. Honesty is crucially important."

Personality:
Akila proceeds throughout her life with utmost formality to others, and refuses to partake in the gossip and jokes that she finds foolish and somewhat controversial. She believes that her purpose is to serve the gods as best she can, not to insult them, for this would be blatant sacrilege in her eyes. Thus, Akila does not have many friends, a fact that she has accepted with resignation. Often she comes off as harsh and cold, usually not speaking to others unless they are doing something wrong or irritating.
She is a very shy Guardian, but is not afraid to stand up for things that she believes in- however, Akila prefers to hide in the safety of the shadows and aid others as well as she can. She is constantly rushing back and forth and doing favors for everyone- of course she knows they're trying to make her do their work for them, but it doesn't really matter, right? She can probably do it better than they can anyway.
Akila can be a bit of an obsessive perfectionist, much to the annoyance of quite a few, including Ienpw (Anubis). For example, she will meticulously gaze over the Scales of Truth for even a partial millimeter's indication of dishonesty and impurity. While Akila herself is far from perfect, she strives to be so, yet is still strangely modest.
Another habit of hers is to repetitively criticize herself when talking to others. These can range from physical, "I was so clumsy today. I'm going to get somebody really mad when I trip over the Scales of Truth one day...", to mental, "I know I'm stupid, you don't have to tell me. Don't try to deny it, and don't lie to me. You know I'm stupid too."
But at heart she is loyal and would be friendly if given half the chance.

Form of disguise when in mortal lands:
"When I must walk upon the common people of this world, I must adopt some sort of disguise, unfortunately, for it would be rather unfortunate if they were to see my true form. Thus, I appear as a Saluki, dark as midnight. To be a jackal, as my god is, would not only be highly disrespectful but also would attract too much attention. Often jackals are associated with death in the mortal lands, which I must admit is true, yet mortals appear to fear death with a somewhat irrational bird-headedness (no offense to the great Horus, of course!). While stray dogs are often in danger, it isn't as bad as being a jackal."

History:
"Unfortunately, my god was came about through some...rather unflattering means that I am not able to tell you about. If you would like to know, ask Nephthys. Ienpw does not talk about his history much, but I do remember when I first met him. When I met Ienpw, he was still the Lord of the Dead, busy with the task of embalming the esteemed Osiris. I'd been chasing that strange creature, Ammit, when I ran into Ienpw. He had seemed quite stressed, and without speaking I had helped him a bit with his tasks. I suppose he didn't notice me, and I slunk away, but Ienpw called me back. Whimpering in fear, for before I had served Ienpw I feared death as much as the mortals, I crouched down and shuddered.
Then I was introduced to a more benevolent side of the usually cold Ienpw, who asked politely if I would come back and aid him in bringing back the new Lord of the Dead. And over time, I became his protector, I suppose. It is still very confusing to me..."

One thing about G.O.G:
"I truly hope that you do not wish to belittle me by asking me this, but I will answer your demands for now, for I have nothing better to do. So, yes, we can only have mortal children. It seems quite strange why you would ask this, but that is your answer."
yuanfen
chinese
缘分

a relationship by fate or destiny
{ art shop || deviantArt }
{ myanimelist || tumblr }
.yuanfen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes