Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

No-Face Adopts ((Unfortunate close)) by byyrde

Based on Click to view
Artist byyrde [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

No-Face Adopts ((Unfortunate close))

Postby byyrde » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:25 am

The No-Face; A species of mystery

Staff
Owner;
Captain America.

Co-Owners;
Loki.
Wind Song(Lines by Windie)

Mods;
N/A as of right now.

Artists;
Wind Song
Loki.
Captain America.
~~

Rules
Please follow them. ouo
-The No-Face is a unique concept created by me. Do NOT steal the idea.
-No designs of the No-Face you've come up with yourself, unless you are a certified artist.
-Fill out forms to the best of your ability.
-No art theft, or you will be banned.
-Show some respect. Listen to the mods/owners and don't trash talk other players.
-You may get art of your No-Face, if you own one.
-No mini-mods. I or some other staff member will handle it.
-You cannot pretend this is another species. It is clearly a No-Face
-For now, only 2(TWO) No-Faces per person, until we get more artists.
-When we need more artists/mods, we'll hire them. Don't offer yourself for the job.

For Adopting
I don't do custom No-Faces, first of all. So don't ask please. ;A;
Only try for one or two No-Faces at a time, to leave some for other players.
Use the form, please, don't make it up.
If they're for adoption, they will have a sign that says adopt me.
Quality over quantity. The better your form is, the more likely you are to win.

No-Face Information
Overview;
The No-Face, a rare and complicated species, are a scientific breakthrough. Scientists have found a creature who lives with a mask-like skull over their face, and survives. The animals have thick fur, long claws, and heavy built bodies. They seem to not need to eat, but little so far has been discovered about them. No-Faces are about as large as a grizzly bear, standing a bit taller than one would.

Please visit the second post to learn more about them. Artists are required to read the "Color Tendencies" part, and Adopters are encouraged to read the "Habitat" and "Behavior" parts. Thank you.
~~~
Last edited by byyrde on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: No-Face Adopts -WIP THREAD-

Postby byyrde » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:06 am

No Face Information

Physical;
No-Faces have large, bulky bodies with a very square build and physique. The muscles are largest around the legs and neck, although why the neck has such strength is unknown. It is believed they have large neck muscles to support their masks, some of which can weigh up to 25Ib alone. Beneath the fur the No-Face has a leathery layer of skin, and a second, thick layer of fat. The area of the head under their skull is also skin, except it is softer and wrinklier. It is thought that they do have a face beneath there, but it has not been seen by anyone, as the area deteriorates too fast.

Skeletal;
The thick bodies of the No-Faces are designed for power. Their skeleton is as well. No-Faces have thick, strong bones. These are completely solid, and it is almost impossible to break them. The soft marrow that usually sits in the middle of the bone is very thin and hard to get at, thus leaving more room for the thick, powerful bones to form. A No-Face's claw is as strong as a diamond, but surprisingly elastic at the very end. The facial mask that covers their face doesn't even have marrow, it is all pure bone. Breaking the mask is nearly impossible. It is recently discovered also that their mask is, in fact, separate from their actual skull, giving the brain twice as much protection. The skull is thinner than the mask, but strong and slightly flexible, allowing it to withstand more and stay together easier.

Anatomical;
From what information scientists and biologists have been able to piece together about No-Face anatomy, they have a very wolf-like or maybe hyena-like anatomical setting. They have a very large brain inside their heads, as without a true face there is more room for one. The spinal chord is thick, and runs parallel the vertebrae, as in most mammals. They have suprisingly large stomachs, and are able to harbor mass amounts of food. The digestive system does not break it down all at once, and filling their stomachs is thought to keep them fed for a month, or maybe longer. No-Faces seem to lack nerve endings in the facial area and head, so even hitting them as hard as you can only gives them a headache, from broken blood vessels. The respiratory system of a No-Face is even more confusing than the missing nerve endings. They appear to have no where to breathe through, but they do indeed have lungs like any mammal on Earth. Scientists still yearn to discover the secret behind this.

Appearance;
When a human sees a No-Face, normally they mistake it for a very strange bear or other large mammal. In truth, they look very different from so. No-Faces have a strong, well muscled body, and their thick fur gives them the appearance of being fat or chubby. The fur is long and silky, pleasant to the touch, and bushy enough to completely cover the creature. The fur does not extend to the paws. They have paw pads, but these are very thin and almost alien-like. The long claws of the creature has a dull, or sometimes a gum-drop coloration to it. The fur can range greatly in color. The skull covering of No-Faces is normally a similar color to their claws, and can vary in shape and size. No-Faces' tails are medium-ish and stiff. They can bend side to side easily, like a dog's tail, but otherwise are stiff and hard to move. The thick skin and bones causes this.

Behaviour;
The No-Face is an incredibly noble species. They have a very brave and almost knight-like stature, not common to slouch or slump. They are kindly enough creatures, who will not harm unless bothered into it. The males are tough, often troublesome and are very willing to fight for a female. The females wander in a large group, while males stay away for most of the year until breeding season. Sometimes, you can find a small group of older or larger males moving together, although this is uncommon. They will break out after breeding season. Mates will continue to meet year after year, unless another male steals the female or the male dies, in which case the female finds a new mate.

Habitat;
No-Faces have a wide spread, as they can cope easily in many habitats and areas. Most often they can be found in forests with a moderate amount of rainfall, that is near large meadows or grasslands. The males that way can have cover in the trees, living alone or in their groups, while the herds of females can have freedom in the fields. Other areas that No-Faces tend to live is in snowy areas, around pine trees and various other arctic plants. These areas are harder to find, and sometimes have a higher population density.

Color Tendencies;
The No-Face is a natural species, who rely on natural colors to keep themselves hidden from danger. They may be large, but still things like humans and packs of wolves can easily take one down. No-Faces can range a variety of colors, from black to white to, and rarely, a shade of brownish green. The most common marking found are dappled spots of a darker color than their base color, often on the back, tail, legs and heads. The males are often darker colors than females, due to the fact they are always sticking to the shadows. Both genders have a single skull color, although, and very, very rarely, they may have a 'birth-mark' on the skull. The claws are usually the same color as the skull.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby byyrde » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:29 am

byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby byyrde » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:29 am

Last edited by byyrde on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: No-Face Adopts -Open for posting. ouo

Postby sobermilk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:35 am

These are so cute! Are they free?

Last edited by sobermilk on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sobermilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby byyrde » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Up <3 Feel free to post! We have an adopt up. ouo

quinn | she/her or they/them | lesbian

busy with university and struggling a lot with mental health so i'm really sorry for dipping out suddenly but i just can't keep up with my art and my work :( all the best everyone xx
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby red; » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Bump
Last edited by red; on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
red;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby red; » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Bump
red;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby byyrde » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Freckletail wrote:These are so cute! Are they free?

Yes, sorry, meant to answer this and forgot. ;A;

busy with university and struggling a lot with mental health so i'm really sorry for dipping out suddenly but i just can't keep up with my art and my work :( all the best everyone xx
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby byyrde » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:06 pm

177525 wrote:Username; 177525

No-Face Name; Alekia

Age; 2yrs

Personality; Alekia is very shy and still is young. she is a very slow learner and needs all the help she can get. She is fun one you get to know her but get on her bad side and you will regret it

Short Story/Art

Please post the form on the No-Face's post. o3o"

byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me