Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Adopt a Kitkin by Cloud-wolf

Based on Click to view
Artist Cloud-wolf [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 17
280 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Adopt a Kitkin

Postby Cloud-wolf » Sat May 05, 2012 3:13 am

Welcome to kitkins!

If i'm hiring guest artists I will post it here: [OPEN]

Current guest artists: Currently hiring!

Just fill out the form below to be a guest artist for the month of November:

Code: Select all
Username:
Why you want the position:
Examples of art:

Support us

want to support us? why not spread around these banners and stamps!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1167168][img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/136/7/4/kitkins_by_cloudspinner-d4zzctu.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1167168][img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/173/5/c/kitkins_stamp_2_by_cloudspinner-d54eho0.png[/img][/url]

Fanclub:http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1676295&p=51381035#p51381035
Roleplay: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1170876

Rules:

-Do not claim species as your own
-Do not claim the line art as your own
-Do not remove my signature from image
-Please read the first post
-Only one per person per day
-Do not ask if/how to adopt please see below.
-If you do not own it you cannot use the image in any way shape or form without the owners consent.
-Do not sell your kitkin or give it away! if you no longer want it let me know and i'll put it back up for adoption.
-Do not order customs of kits that have already been created
-Please read the first post before asking a question odds are your answer is there.
-Please don't order customs based on characters in books, films and other owned works (due to copyright).
-Please send your trade firsts when asking for customs it helps keep everything in one place and more organised.

Temporary bans and warnings will be given to those who ignore the first post on either this topic or the adotable's topic.

Adoption:

If it is for adoption it will say adopt me on its picture. Each adoptable has its own requirements which you will find on its page. All you have to do is fill in that adoptable's form.

History:

Kitkins were first thought to be a close relative of the cat although it was recently found they are much more closely related to squirrels. They are a very rare species although due to their recent discovery numbers are now rising. They are very adaptable and can live in most climates but are still very hard to find in the wild this may be due to their natural shyness of people. Domestic kits are found to be much friendlier although due to their agility and seemingly endless speed they can sometimes be hard to train. Kits can live alone or in family groups but generally do not allow strangers into their groups. Yearlings can sometimes leave the family group to find a mate and make a family of their own or to live a solitary life. Kitkins are not very strong but in a group are forces to reckon with but due to their fragile bodies’ kits often avoid fights instead settling disputes by puffing up their fur to appear bigger and barking the loudest. During mating the male kit follows a complex set of steps. The male will build a burrow for the female. The biggest and strongest kits as well as those that build the bests burrows will attract the most females. When he has chosen a mate he will perform a ‘dance’ for her jumping, leaping and swirling his tail trying to show his stuff. If the female chooses him she will copy his dance until they are synchronized. When the dance is over the pair will confirm their bond by grooming one another.

Facts:

They live to about 20 years old they are considered adults at 2 at 1 they are teenagers (technical term yearlings).
They like to live in family groups although can live alone.
Very small bodies just large enough to fit in your palm.
Soft, fluffy bodies.
Very short legs, so short in fact, you can only just see their paws beneath their fuzz.
A long lion like tail used for balancing.
Fairly large pointed ears to help them hear their prey.
Favourite foods include small rodents and bugs as well as small berries and seeds.
Noise: Bark, Squeak, Yowl.
A group of them is called a flurry.
They are very fast and agile despite their short legs.

Breeds

kitkins have several different breeds.
(The designs below are already owned please do not ask for them as a custom you can't have them. Thanks)

Normal

These are your average kit with no real distinguishing features. They are about 15 cm in length not including the tail (30 cm with). This kits are more adaptable and can live in most environments.
They can have add ons such as long hair or jewelry.

Hybrid

tufted, orb and elf:
A cross between two or several kitkin breeds. They will have features from each. Size depends on which breed they are most like however it is usually somewhere between them. These kits do best in the environments of the breed they are most like and can therefore be quite adaptable.

(Note these don't have to look like the example given they can be any of the breeds mixed together)

Orb kitkins
by Haydee of Greece

orb kitkins are a special breed of kitkins with glowing orb tails, bright colours, horns and jewelry. These kits are the same size as normal kitkins and live in similar environments.
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1190692

Mutations
Rather than an actual species these are just odd kits born with special features that don't belong to any species. They are one of a kind. The size depends on what breed they are most like and their favored environment varies from kit to kit.

(note these kitkins don't have to look like the one shown it is just an example the previous dragon ones are also good examples)

Elf kits

Half the size of normal kits these kits have very large floppy, pointed ears. They have very small tail tufts that grow in the shape of a ball. These kits nearly always wear jewelry. This is the only kit breed that can have wings beside elf hybrids. They are faster and more nimble than normal kits and prefer a forest environment. These kits generally eat fruits and seeds rather than prey apart from the smaller insects. They are generally more docile that other breeds.

Tufted kits

The largest of all kits they have extra fluffy tails, long horns, scales on their noes and large pointed ears ending in little fluffy tufts. These kits do better in mountainous regions and also colder climates as their extra fur keeps them warm. These kits can take down larger prey due to their greater size and will usually eat meat and insects over fruit and seeds. These kits are generally more out going and less docile.

Artists:

-Cloud-Wolf (Does customs and breeding- Customs: 1 wishlist pet. Breeding: 1 uncommon pet (per offspring))

-.Pineapple.Penguin. (Does Breeding costs 1 hoard pet (per offspring))

-Frosttheleopard (Currently unavailable)

-Chamila (Does customs and breeding- Customs: one uncommon wishlist pet)

Breeding: [OPEN]

Fill out the form below:

Breeding.
Link to mother:
Link to Father:
Username:
Pets Name:
Artist You Want:
Other:

-If breeding one that you do not own you must get the other persons permission and you must provide proof.

-Do not charge to have others breed with your kitkin.

-If you do not own an adoptable you can get two people to agree to breed theirs together for you however you must get proof that they agreed.

-The person who gets the kit pays the fee.

What is the fee? Artist prices may vary see the artist section above

Can I design my breeding? Breeding's are not like customs you cannot ask for what you want it is purely up to the artist although perhaps if you ask very nicely artists will make minor changes ^^ If you really don't like the outcome you can ask for a complete redraw, again, if you ask politely but please don't waste an artist's time by repeatedly asking for a redraw.

Customs: [OPEN]

Please fill out the form below:

Ex.
Username:
Pets Name:
Breed:
Artist You Want:
Ref Pix/description:
Background Color (Bubble outline):
Other:

Artist prices may vary see the artist section above
You can no longer request characters made by other people that don't/can't give their permission for example movie characters Due to copyright issues
You can't request Kits that have been drawn previously because each individual deserves a unique kit
Who do I pay? The Artist who you want to do it.
I don't have any of your requested prices! What should I do? Talk to the artist and they may be willing to take different pets. Make sure they make the choice not you after all it's for them ^^ Thanks.
Can I pay in art? That is entirely up to the artist and you will have to ask them.
When do I pay? You should pay before the custom is given. If this makes you uncomfortable send it as a suggestion that way everyone is happy ^^

Affiliates

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Warnings:
none yet

Banned:
none yet
Last edited by Cloud-wolf on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:23 am, edited 136 times in total.
Trade with me

My Gallery

My Deviant art

My Adoptable species:
My Free WME lines:

Cloud-wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt a _______

Postby HypnoticPanda » Sat May 05, 2012 3:14 am

It's so cute. :3
And when the riots stir, you are the sound mind.
And in the disorder, you are the peace sign.
HypnoticPanda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~punkstache » Sat May 05, 2012 3:18 am

awe these are really cute ^^
    x🦇
    x🕷
    x🎃
    x👻
    x🖤
~punkstache

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloud-wolf » Sat May 05, 2012 5:31 am

thanks
Trade with me

My Gallery

My Deviant art

My Adoptable species:
My Free WME lines:

Cloud-wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt a Kitkin

Postby LiebenWolf » Sat May 05, 2012 8:29 am

Are you still hireing? And also when will customs be open?
Never put a sock in a toaster....
LiebenWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloud-wolf » Sat May 05, 2012 8:34 am

yes there is still one spot open and I was actually just about to open customs ^^
Trade with me

My Gallery

My Deviant art

My Adoptable species:
My Free WME lines:

Cloud-wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloud-wolf » Sat May 05, 2012 11:42 pm

bump
Trade with me

My Gallery

My Deviant art

My Adoptable species:
My Free WME lines:

Cloud-wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby No Going Back » Sun May 06, 2012 12:40 am

Friendly bump
TO ANYONE I ROLEPLAY WITH

I will be away for a week, starting Wednesday 16th of March for personal reasons. Sorry I couldn't inform everyone individually- I hope you understand c:
No Going Back

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LiebenWolf » Sun May 06, 2012 5:54 am

Can we apply for artist? There just soo cute >u<
Never put a sock in a toaster....
LiebenWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby No Going Back » Sun May 06, 2012 6:41 am

Hi! I was wondering if I could order a custom for my best friend, Animalmadjem. I wouldn't mind having it on my pet limit, if that's a requirement.
TO ANYONE I ROLEPLAY WITH

I will be away for a week, starting Wednesday 16th of March for personal reasons. Sorry I couldn't inform everyone individually- I hope you understand c:
No Going Back

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me