Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

H10 Horse Sim Mascot Contest by Toppyrocks

Based on Click to view
Artist Toppyrocks [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

H10 Horse Sim Mascot Contest

Postby Toppyrocks » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Welcome to the H10 Horse Sim Mascot Contest! With the thread renovations, we are also re-vamping our mascot. This is open to members of the H10 Sim, but if you are not one already you can join here!

Here's the rules:
This will be a mascot, so it will NOT belong to you if you win.
The contest will be open until the renovations are done.

Guidelines/what we will look for:
Since this is a revamp of our old mascot, some element of the design should be kept. If it is not obvious, an explanation is welcome!
The mascot looks bascically as pictured, but [url-http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=353214&size=large&format=auto&rev=2]this is the best reference[/url]
The mascot design should be kept with natural colours mainly, but if you want to throw something else in, it may narrow your chances of having your design picked, but you never know!
Please keep in mind that H10's colours are a greyish blue(the tack colour of the mascot, linked above) so the design should not clash with that.
Also keep in mind, as a mascot, the design will need to be copied and duplicated, so complex designs will have a much less chance of winning, as well as the mascot should be fairly recognizable.

The judges are TBA, but will be made up of a panel of outside opinions and present and previous owners of H10.
Judging will be using a points structure, also TBA. Judging will be based on:
Design
Attractive-ness (ie, if it will catch people's eye and make them want to join)
Ability to transfer design to new linearts/art
How recognizable and unique the design is.

It will NOT be judged on:
Shading
How good the artist is

Basically, this is a design contest, not an art contest, but try to make it neat anyways, so we can properly see the design.

Questions?
Comment below.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not."
-Dr. Suess

Toppyrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: H10 Horse Sim Mascot Contest

Postby Oddly Shaded » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Wonderful. Will do my revamp soon :)
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: H10 Horse Sim Mascot Contest

Postby Toppyrocks » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Great! Glad you like. Can't wait to see!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not."
-Dr. Suess

Toppyrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me