by Wesley

Contest Entry;; Wayland

Postby Wesley » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am

Just a work in progress so that I can post it before I lose my ideas. C:

Username::
wesleydog

Name::
Wayland
Wayland \wa(y)-la-nd\ as a boy's name is pronounced WAY-land. It is of Old English origin, and the meaning of Wayland is "land by the road". Place name. Mythology: the Scandinavian Wayland was a blacksmith with supernatural powers, equivalent to the Roman Vulcan. Singer Waylon Jennings.
Reference

Male ♂

Blacksmith

Armour Material::
Steel

Armour Theme::
Stars & Nighttime
Armor Concept~

Bear Breed::
Wayland is an Ursid hybrid, a mixed breeding of two different types of bears. Most specifically, he is a breeding of the Asian Black Bear and the Spectacled Bear as described in the end of the Ursid hybrid link.

Eye Color::
Auburn Red

Art::
Yes, it's by me. <3

Story::
WIP (it's coming too, though. My favorite thing to do is write. Any criteria on how long this has to be or how short this has to be? I don't want to disqualify myself or lower my chances by not writing enough/writing too much.)

Personality::
Wayland is a very intricate bear, quite the studiopus worker. He prefers for the world to be a bit more silent, and he sees the rotation of the world on its axis as an important sign for life. He looks to the stars to read them, though it is not his common practice, as his best practice is with metals of any sort, working not only to design and create them, but also to fix them, and to help them fit onto their "bearers". He has a lacking sense of humor, but is not a cruel soul. He simply is a very literal, quiet man. He's a bit of a worrywort, not very courageous, and this is why he prefers to work with the metals, staying behind in camp. It is not often that he will go out for hunts, and he likes to feel needed and important. He strives and works very hard to achieve the ranking of the superior blacksmith, and he enjoys getting everything done in a timely manner. He works better under pressure, but never executes anything other than perfection. If he doesn't like it, he does it over again. He's a very get-it-done, hard-headed bear of many wise words, but few to share them with. His favorite thing next to his biggest hobby is nighttime.

Other::
Explanation of his eye markings~
Wayland's left-eye markings explain his occupation quite well. In the background of the marking is fire, explaining the fires and sparks that he plays with the enable the bending of the metals, and the nickel streaks around his eye are meant to be the metal 'rivets' that are so often seen as they are here.

Thank you for this opportunity! I enjoyed developing the character of Wayland. I hope that you like him!
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me