Dumbledore's Army (open for sign-up!)

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Have you preordered FB&WTFT and/or the Cursed Child Script?

Yes, I preordered both!
22%
Only Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them.
11%
Only the Cursed Child script.
30%
I haven't preordered either of them.
37%

Total votes : 82

Re: Dumbledore's Army (open for sign-up!)

Postby HP Fan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:42 pm

OMG
    It's like 2:30 am and I'm reading dramione fanfiction and THIS WRITER JUST CHANGED EVERYTHING
    AND THEY USED SCIENCE
    MY BRAIN IS EXPLODING
    LOOK

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370009/10/Inverse
    Scroll down til you see the italics
    Holy crap my brain is dead
    wow

The fic is dramione, but what they wrote explains that the "mudbloods" are actually the pure bloods, because of inbreeding, and they explained LOGICALLY how muggle-borns got their magic
    And they used a MUGGLE scientist
    Help I'm stunned

Edit: I also just learned that our queen, JK Rowling, schooled someone on Twitter (not the first time, but I love this)
    They asked, “I wonder why you said that Dumbledore is gay because I can’t see him in that way.”
    Her response:
    "Maybe because gay people just look like... people?"

*bows down to our almighty queen*
    Incase you need more reasons why JKR should be a queen in your eyes, read this link :3

Edit 2: oh, and incase you haven't heard, THERES A HARRY POTTER PLAY COMING OUT
    IM DEAD SIRIUS
    ITS GOING TO BE A PREQUEL TOO
    MORE INFO HERE!!
daredevil has been my life for the past year and a half. please watch it, you wont regret it.

HP Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fandomstyles » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:49 am

what is your favorite book? favorite movie?
Um... I don't really have a favorite... I love them all :)

what is your favorite creature mentioned in the series?
Either a hippogriff or a phoenix.

do you have any phrases you picked up from the series that are now part of your regular vocabulary?
I'm not really sure... Maybe Siriusly? I started saying Uranus not like your-anus... Ron's joke killed it. XD If I think of something I'll post it, I guess...

do you have a name of something from the series that you can't pronounce/name correctly?
Nope. I'm pretty darn good at pronunciation. Jk, biggest lie ever. The names aren't my problem XD

what major or minor relationships from the series do you ship? any particular reason why? cannon and non-cannon are fine.
Ronmine, whatever Harry and Ginny are (I can't remember right now)... Umm... Jily... Yep.

I did totally go through a couple of pages for these questions...

Anyways, I'm fandomstyles... I don't really have a nickname. If you think of one, feel free to ask. I'm a female and my House is Ravenclaw. If I wasn't in Ravenclaw I would (apparently) be in Hufflepuff. My oldest sister is Gryffindor, as is my younger brother. I don't know about my other older sister; she wouldn't care anyways. I hate it when people say they are in one House and (in my professional opinion) shouldn't be. Like, they just assume. I don't know what my patronus is... I wish I did, but I don't. So... Yeah.
Hi there fellow CS users! School has started for me and this site blocked by the Wi-Fi for some weird reason. So, please excuse my inactivity because of homework.
Also, my life has recently been turned upside down, so bear with me. I can't help my home life.
fandomstyles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi there! I'm the newest member of the Army. My name is Cuthbert Bagnold(not my real name of course). My wand is made of hazel wood with a core of dragon heartstring, measures at 11 1/2 inches, and its flexibility is unyielding. My Patronus is a dragon, Hungarian Horntail to be exact. It's an extremely powerful Patronus, but it can be hard to control, and sometimes my wand burns my hand to the point where I throw it out of my hand. The reason I'm so confused about my wand is because I have emotional problems, and hazel wands react to their wizard's emotional state. Sometimes I just think that my wand made a mistake, but Mr. Ollivander says a wand never chooses the wrong wizard. I recently graduated from Hogwarts at the top of my class, but I still hang around the school, working as Slytherin co-head. When I'm not reading a book in the Slytherin common room, I can be found outside smoking a cigarette. One thing I'm known for is inventing a defensive spell called Embargo. It's hard to perform, but it's a very useful spell, as it temporarily 'shuts down' a wand's core, making it unable to perform magic. It's a bit more practical than Expeliarmus, since a person can just pick their wand back up.

That was a long introduction, but it was worth it

Code: Select all
[b]Have you ever invented a spell? What is its affects?[/b]

Have you ever invented a spell? What is its affects?
Yes, Embargo, makes wands unable to perform magic

@Slytherin
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HP Fan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:11 pm

i apologize for slacking off on the house points lately!
    not as many people have been posting, so i haven't been keeping up with it
    once the month resets, though, i'll start counting points again ovo
daredevil has been my life for the past year and a half. please watch it, you wont regret it.

HP Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:30 pm

I have asked HP Fan if she would like me to make a dueling club in conjunction with this club. The basics are you formally challenge a person to a wizard's duel. They have the option to accept or decline. If they accept, the challenged has the first spell, as courtesy dictates. The duel is turn based, every post you may cast an attack spell or attempt to block a spell. An official referee(most likely HP or animals) will roll dice to dictate if the spell worked. There are two ways to win a duel, by disabling your opponent, such as disarming them or paralyzing them, or your opponent formally surrenders. Winning a duel will award points to your house, while losing neither gains or loses points, however, if the ref feels that a duelist was being unsportsmanlike, he/she can deduct points. Here is an example of how a duel would take place.

HP Fan wrote: Ranma Saotome, I challenge you to a Wizard's Duel!
Ranma Saotome wrote: I humbly accept, may the best wizard win.
HP Fan wrote: casts Everte Statum
Ranma Saotome wrote: casts Geminio on self and lets spell hit clone
HP Fan wrote: casts Petrificus Totalus
Ranma Saotome wrote: gets petrified
Referee wrote: HP Fan wins the duel! [# of Points] to [Winner's house]

The reason I am posting this is on HP's request. She wants to know if anyone would be interested in this before I take the time to make it.

Edit: Here are some of the rules the club would have
If a referee wishes to duel, he/she must find another referee to watch over the duel
When attacking, there is a 50% chance the spell will succeed, 40% it will fail, and 10% it will backfire, the opposite is true for defensive spells, 50% chance it blocks, 40% the attack will break through, 10% the spell will be reflected
Certain spells, such as Accio, certain transfiguration spells, healing spells. and most if not all curses are not permitted to use. Use of a forbidden spell will result in a forfeit and loss of house points
Make sure you put what house you are in at the end of your post so we can tell which house to give/take points to/from

4, 5, and 6 would mean the spell is successful/shield blocks, 2 and 3 means the spell fails/shield breaks, and 1 means that the spell backfires/shield reflects
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dracosmalfoy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:51 am

honestly primadonna by marina and the diamonds really sums up draco malfoy
Last edited by dracosmalfoy on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
im ambitious {he/him}
dracosmalfoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:00 am

Now that somebody else has posted, I don't feel conflicted about posting this. I found some recipes for Pumpkin Juice, Butterbeer, and Treacle Fudge, all of which are things from the Harry Potter fanbase. I also found out that Amazon sells Chocolate Frog Molds for about 7 or 8 dollars. If you want to make Chocolate Frogs, I recommend using a rich melting chocolate, especially if you are making them solid. If the chocolate isn't creamy enough, the frogs will be hard as a rock, trust me. Also, a note if you are making Butterbeer, while it is alcoholic in the books, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter version, which these are closest to, is not. If you wish to make it an alcoholic beverage, I recommend using a recipe that calls for rum extract, and simply replace the extract with real rum. I've made pumpkin juice and it tastes delicious, just like a piece of pumpkin pie

Pumpkin Juice
Butterbeer
Treacle Fudge
Chocolare Frog Mold

@Slytherin
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gwanu » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:21 pm

I actually might make some of those recepies you mentioned, @slytherinsheir, so, if I do, I'll include pictures in my next post, whenever that happens.

I would love to duel I have made a list of usable spells a while back, what would also be nice is if one would have to unlock certain spells and a actually not be able to use all right away, I think that would add a levelling sort of feeling to the whole experience.

@dracosmalfoy
    There are so many songs that represent him, the interest thing about him is that he really turned out to be very complex and more than a side character.

Still in the process of reading dramione stuff, not sold yet
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Greetings, I happen to be the
mad knight and you've
stumbled upon my profile.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
female • INTP • eru
Most call me Gwanu.
I love fictional characters.
I'm a rather nice person.

gwanu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:26 pm

@gwanu That sounds like an excellent idea, some sort of ranking system, the more duels you win, the higher your rank. I'll think about adding that if it goes through
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HP Fan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:43 pm

i think i might have mentioned it before, but while we're talking about making butterbeer:
    i found an image with this and i haven't seen it anywhere else:
    cream soda (NOT DIET SODA ITS DISGUSTING WITH DIET) + caramel (the hershy's type, in the bottle)
    put cream soda in a cup and then pour caramel in into it
    stir vigorously

this is really only good if you like really sweet stuff but it tastes so good omg
    i actually live near the hp theme park, but i liked my version a lot more than the "official" version

edit: make sure to vote in the poll everyone!

HP Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me