✦ Stars Catvent 2022

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: ✦ Stars Catvent 2022

Postby feather ' » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:30 am

↬ catvent day: twenty-two

↬ username & id: feather ' +979911
    ↬ clan archive: the still waters!!

↬ word count: 68 words <3
    ↬ prompt: No... he doesn't understand a word this Santa is saying, so he allows himself to chase Santa away! (definitely on the naughty list this year!!) He bets Santa could take him to the best cookie place in the world, so he makes sure that the cookie information is forever in his mind!

This is much better than talking to his younger-self... isn't it? at least he thinks so...
feather '

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:31 am

↬ username & id: griff 254592
    ↬ clan archive: Can Ember

↬ word count: 27
    ↬ prompt:

Crowcall paused as he saw a vision of himself. "Hey... follow your heart. It'll be alright. Just... don't forget who you care about please. She... needs you."

Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hush » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:32 am

↬ username & id: Hush 256165
    ↬ clan archive: X

↬ word count: 960 words
    ↬ prompt: Fishswat, the oldest Molly in the clan was visited by the deity of leaf-bare, a tall cat like being whose fur was as white as the near constant mist that usually filled the valley. It took the shape whatever was needed, but for the cats it appeared as a large white lynx with glowing blue eyes, faint markings cover by the layer of frost and snow that caused their body to sparkle in the bring sun of leaf-bare.

It was a normal leaf-bare night for the battle-worn Molly, well past her prime, she spent her days resting while not nagging the pestering apprentices and kits. Though harsh and with a tongue that sometimes dripped with the poison of her words, she was a deeply caring cat who passed her wisdom down to all she could. Her methods weren’t always the most pleasant, however they never caused any real harm, knowing most learned better from experience rather than words. As a warrior she was one of the best, abiding by the code and stressing its values as well as her own personal values above all else. However she was not blind to some of its faults, mostly about kittypets, something she was vocal about and caused her to leave her former clan with her grown kits and mate.

That night the deity of leaf-bare, a creature known as Winter, appeared before her. It stood tall, full winter coat making the snow that rested on the creatures back cause no discomfort. This being was one she’d met a few times over her long life. Once as a kit when her siblings froze in the harsh blizzard she was born into, guiding their spirits to StarClan and sparing her but a glance. Then again as a young warrior, leading her through a blizzard at a distance through the deep snow, using its large snowshoe paws to make a path to her lost apprentice. The last she saw Winter, it stared right at her as she arrived to the frozen over bog. Unlike the first encounters the snow was light so she got her first good look at them, however her vision soon blurred as she found her mate had sacrificed himself to push their youngest grandchild to safety off of the thin ice. Winter was there yet again to guide his soul to StarClan. This time she was allowed to say goodbye at least, through tears as she parted ways with the partner she’d spent most of her life with, thanking the creature before sending them on their way and returning to camp with the kit.

Due to her age and the aching in her bones caused by leaf-bare, Fishswat barely slept through the night any more. Finding herself down by the partially frozen over stream at the entrance of camp, she drank from the spring, its waters heated from below so it was unfrozen even as the waterfalls above did for the season. A gust of wind sent a chill through her short tabby fur and the water rippled before settling. Before her the reflection showed the deity sitting beside her, its eyes shining like the stars above. Taking a deep breath, Fishswat closed her hazy eyes, though she didn’t question for a second if this was a dream. She knew the deity’s presence too well to mistake it. Though often met with tragedy when seen, she did not resent of fear the deity. “Have you come for me, old friend?” She asked, rough voice calm and accepting, knowing she’d likely be taken in the leaf-bare. Multiple medicine cats told her about others experiences with the deity, most who had close experiences with it joining StarClan in leaf-bare, so she was prepared, knowing her age and health meant she had few leaf-bares left. “Not yet, I come offering you… an opportunity.” Winter said, it’s voice sounding cold and monotone, one could accuse them of being an uncaring being if they heard it alone. However their actions proved them a true guardian deity rather than a malicious one. “You, one who has lived many moons, are being offered a chance to speak to your younger self. Through various interactions with me, my timeless body, it’s magic has seeped into your soul and now can connect you to yourself in those previous encounters. Surely there is wisdom one such as yourself would like to share, possibly change your fate or events you could have prevented.” They offered.

Fishswat sat in silent contemplation for what felt like ages, thinking about all the things she did wrong, cats who were hurt because of her, suffering she could avoid by changing how she did things. Even the death of her dear mate. “No.” She said simply, standing and giving the deity a smile, a softer expression on her rough face than all but her mate had not seen before. “All the lessons I learned only mean something because of how I learned them, being told the answers will not change anything. Even for my mate, he would much rather have joined StarClan while saving the life of our grandchild than curled up in a den in pain. Though my life hasn’t been easy, I wouldn’t be the cat I am today without my hardships. I wouldn’t have my wonderful family or these young ones to teach lessons to in my old age, at least not meaningful ones. So though I am honored to receive an offer like this, I will decline.” She said before starting to walk back to her den, looking over her shoulder at the deity as it stood, nodding its head in understanding before disappearing in a gust of wind blowing the pillowing snow. “Till we meet again, for the final time, dear friend.”

x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kennymcnenny » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:56 am

↬ username & id: kennymcnenny + 985228
    ↬ clan archive: Howling of the seas

↬ word count: 129
    ↬ prompt:
    Cyclades would immediately accept the chance to talk to his younger self. He had been through so much in his long life and if he could spare himself some of the heartache he had endured, he would in a second. The first piece of advice Cyclades would give his younger self is to never leave the ship once he had become part of its crew. Leaving the ship and eventually becoming a house cat had cost him just about everything and every cat he loved, and now that he had the chance to get them back he wasn't sure if he could succeed. And the second piece of advice would be to trust Basalt and never doubt the fact that Basalt had his best interest and happiness in mind.
Kenny!! - He/him or It/its :9c

pfp art by Peachybats!!!
kennymcnenny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:59 am

↬ username & id: nindroidzane + 996925
    ↬ clan archive: frostclan

↬ word count: 37 words
    ↬ prompt:
mothspeckle would have... a lot of things to tell her younger self. she didn't have to be the best all the time. sometimes it was best to focus on things that were... more important. much more important.
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 22 Results

Postby faelyn » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:03 pm

ImageImageImage

Catvent Day Twenty-Two Results:
      ↬ the following users have earned +1 uncommon edit for participating!

0zero0
        adamented
        aftonbuilt
        angel bugs
        archaeopteryx.
        arrikanez
        artmajor
        coffee.berry
        craig?
        dascanadiansparkle
        deercan
        dragoness129
        echo into void
        elliott.
        faelyn
        feather '
        galaxyy.
        griff
        hush
        i like bees
        jay.
        k1ngcl3n3nt1n3
        kennymcnenny
        lili041
        mrs
        nindroidzane
        néktar
        plushbunny
        strawberrymwilk
        sunny-skies
        thani
        tomura
        unohdettu.lupaus
        vivika
        whovian5eva

↬ these three users have also randomly earned an additional +1 star's greetings (starclan/dark forest line edit)!

archaeopteryx.
        jay.
        sunny-skies

if you aren't on the first list and posted a response before rollover, please contact vivika (on cs/discord) as soon as you can! <3
Last edited by faelyn on Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 23

Postby faelyn » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:06 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImage
↬ Catvent Day Twenty-Three!

Aaacho! Oh no, it seems like one of your cats has caught a cold… even worse ━ the night
before Christmas Eve! How do their clanmates try to help them feel better?

*this is meant to be a shorter/medium-ish prompt! <3

Code: Select all
[size=85][list][b]↬ catvent day:[/b] twenty-three

[b]↬ username & id:[/b]
[b]↬ clan archive:[/b]

[b]↬ word count:[/b]  000 words; n/a, if only art!
[b]↬ prompt:[/b] [/list][/size]

#activeprompt
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adamented » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:39 pm

↬ catvent day: twenty-three

↬ username & id: Adamented + 670829
    ↬ clan archive: [x] Gladewood

↬ word count: 28 words
    ↬ prompt:

They all gather around to share tongues with and take care of the sick kitty, no matter who it is- though if they're contagious they'll bring flowers instead!

[ ABOUT ]

Ada
          AdamAddie
          he / she / they

✦ ✦ ✦
          [ MY STUFF ]
          ImageImageImage
          discord: @adamented

[ LINKS ]
          ImageImage
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LilyHorse » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:05 pm

↬ username & id: LilyHorse 985495
    ↬ clan archive: LilyClan X

↬ word count: 066 words; n/a, if only art!
    ↬ prompt: They let whoever the sick cat is cry on their clanmate's shoulders if they need to. No matter who it is, a sick cat is a sick cat and they probably don't feel well mentally or physically right now. If they're still sick on Appreciation of Presents Day, not to worry, the clan can scale back its celebrations a little bit to ensure all feel comfortable.
Last edited by LilyHorse on Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

2020: I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 38 people.
I have received 34 gifts.

2021: I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.
I have received 20 gifts.

I am missing a lot of late '21 and 2022 pets! plz trade i don't bite

____________________________________________________________________________________________

lilyhorse ..................
LilyHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoness129 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:06 pm

↬ username & id: dragoness129 + 3218
    ↬ clan archive: Here

↬ word count: 89 words
    ↬ prompt: As the leader, Jayce tries not to let the others know he is sick. There are just some colds that floor you, even if you try to hide the sickness. It started as sneezing, just a simple runny nose and a slight cough. Nebraxin took notice and hunted a mouse to use in a pot of soup to help his leader feel better. Jayce was moved by the support of his clan mate, wanting to do something nice for the cat, once he was to recover from the cold.
dragoness129

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me