✦ Stars Catvent 2022

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: ✦ Stars Catvent 2022

Postby 0Zero0 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:34 pm

↬ catvent day: seventeen

↬ username & id: 0Zero0 780482
    ↬ clan archive: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4611663

↬ word count: N/A
    ↬ prompt: Image
    I spent 4 hours on this drawing, and was gonna do words but... :sweat: not enough time. So! this is Usahgi's family~ together for a family photo. The kittens are her grandchildren.
    In front is Usahgi and her mate Aster.
    the kittens are Akai and Yuki (madoushi, and Yuu's children)
    To the left is Madoushi and Yuu, (Yuu is Usahgi and Aster's child)
    to the right is Ai and his adopted Sibling Kotori, also Usahgi, and Aster's kids.
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
Gifs Offical art Yu Yu Hakusho
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feather ' » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:39 pm

↬ username & id: feather '+ 979911
    ↬ clan archive: the still waters!!

↬ word count: 520 words <3
    ↬ prompt: He didn't understand what any of those words meant.

Like a foreign language as the droplets of ink are spun across the page. Symbols flying as he flipped through, the markings of dark splotches scribbled across the page, with wrinkled dirty pages wet with water. He presses his nose into the paper, shaking his head as he lets a soft whimper escape from his jaws.

He'd done everything, and yet he still didn't understand. He spent hours… no days… working on trying to understand this old crusty book. He even drank Yolknose's disgusting leaf water, and yet he still didn't know… what the symbols meant.

Could dad know?

Maybe… but dad wasn't that smart, he couldn't even answer something so simple.

He reels a paw backwards, bringing his paw down hard onto the burnt cover of the book. Feeling the sting of ash on the tips of his paw. He lifts his head, maybe he could try to burn the book, again.

He needed help… but who?

Speckledpaw?

No… she'd never help him with this, besides she was sad at him. Well… maybe she was mad at him? He didn't know what he did, but she seemed sad. And… she told Ivydrift to give him extra work. So… he was mad at her too.

Yolknose might cut a deal with him.. At the cost of trying some of his terrible food.

''Yolknose!''

He races off into the morning snow, barely having time to observe the sunrise before tumbling over his paws as he searches for him. ''Yolknose!''

''Hold on child, you want me to help you burn a book?'' Yolknose peers at him, stirring a thick green liquid. ''Beanpaw, I don't think that's a good idea.''

''Please Yolknose… Pl-Please? Dad's going to go adventuring without me… and you're one of my best friends.'' Beanpaw drops onto his knees, slumping. ''Ivydrift's going to be angry with me if I don't finish.''

Yolknose pauses, letting a startled cry fall from his jaws as a wooden spoon falls onto the ground. Olive green droplets splash everywhere, and Yolknose bends down, gently grasping the wooden plank between his teeth. ''Here, try this.'' He offers the spoon to him, '' Is it good?''

'' Ugh…'' He let his tongue graze the top of the spoon, disgustingness pierced his tongue. He closes his eyes forcing the green liquid down his throat, almost unable to keep his thoughts inside his head, ''Ew– Ahem, I mean… It tastes really good.'' A pause, as he studies Yolknose.

If Yolknose was ever going to help him, he had to falter him in a way impossible. '' It's truly the best food ever!' He spits out the words, almost choking on the words, ''Could I have a- some water… It's spicy.''

Yolknose smiles, that familiar grin wrinkled onto his face and his brows arched in surprise, with his eyes wide he responds, ''Really? I never knew you'd like it.''

Beanpaw swallowed, ''Um… yes, could you help me burn the book now? And the water?''

There is a pause, before Yolknose responds,'' Alright! Where should we burn it?''

''Water first?''
feather '

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:54 pm

↬ username & id: néktar + 217991
    ↬ clan archive: shallowclan

↬ word count: 454 words
    ↬ prompt:

a fox and a duck, who would’ve thought?

the cave was quiet aside from the soft sound of falling snow just outside. the island was experience its first heavy snowfall of the season, two body’s lay inside of the cave cuddled close together in the growing cold. their voices echo the makeshift den softly,

“how many moons have we been coming up here?” bright blue eyes glistened in the dimly lit cave.
    a giggle came from just beside them, “i mean, we discovered this cave when we were 8 moons, i remember it was our first long patrol. mistlebranch was giving us a tour with warblerfrost and peachfuzz.” there was the sound of shuffling, the first cat rolled over onto their back, their ears flopping onto the moss padded cave floor. moons of improvements had made this their secret hide out since apprenticeship. “oh thats right! mistlebranch was on her last whisker with us. peachfuzz could barely keep in their laughter.” the ruddy ticked tabby meowed through a fanged smile their paws flicking up towards the roof of the cave. the second cat sat on their haunches, an equally toothy grin on her maw, “i still can’t believe she didn’t bite your ear off foxglove, i’ve never seen her so mad!” their conjoined laughter filled the den. “she did carry me back to the sanctuary by my scruff though. pretty embarrassing for my first outing.” they huffed rolling back onto their belly and scooting towards the chocolate hunter. “meanwhile you looked like the goody of the two of us!”

“but who in the clan could forget your first hunting patrol dear duckfluff?” they mewed teasingly as their whiskers twitched with amusement. the molly’s pelt grew two sizes, their tail lashing behind them, “hey! that’s not funny mousebrain, i almost drowned!” she meowed in defense, “i didn’t know they could swim..” their ears twitched as they flopped to the side of their companion with a sigh. “i miss those days were everything was new and exciting, not that i’m bored necessarily but restless. this is the kind of peace i needed though.” duckfluff let their body relax against foxglove, the warrior purred deeply again the heap of warmth, “i’m sure if you talked to lochstar he wouldn’t mind letting you off the island. maybe.” they chuckled gently laying their head on their paws. “of course i wouldn’t let you go alone, plus someones gotta bring you back in one piece.” the two let out sleepy morrows of laughter, the light outside the cave growing dim as the snow piled higher around the entrance. they’d soon be snowed in but for now they fell asleep beside one another, curling tighter together as the cold crept in.

Last edited by néktar on Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:55 pm

↬ username & id: vivika + 966947
    ↬ clan archive: azeryn

↬ word count: 396 words
    ↬ prompt:

through the cold, cruel curve of the cell’s bars, his brother’s eyes locked with his.

“cathan!” amber eyes brightened, the step of his paws quickening to greet him. “you came. i didn’t know if you would. what’s the verdict ━ will they release me?” a soft chuckle broke of his lips. “you told them this was all a mistake, right? that i would never betray the king?”

cathan exhaled, sharp and quick. “i don’t know.”

“you don’t… know?” otis’s head tilted, frown furrowing between his brows. “stars, you’re an imperial guard. you’re legit one of the highest ranking cats in the kingdom ━ what are you talking about? you could do something about. y-you could get me out. i know you can.”

“it’s not that simple, otis.” his teeth were barred, a thousands swears threatening to slide. he stepped over his cloak, pooling over the cobbled grime. “this is not like when we were kits.”

“... what do you mean?”

and the question, oh the question.

it killed him. so soft, so innocent, so crestfallen. a knife twisting between his ribs, honing at the soft, beating spot between them. once upon time… that question was the start.

the start of adventures and quests. the start of once upon a times and happily ever afters. the start of a new page turning against a worn, fraying book. and the scratch of a quill as new ones were written. the start of a duo ━ two brothers running off into the unknown in naivete and bliss.

“what do you mean?”

“i-i don’t know otis.” he licked his nose. “it doesn’t seem-”

“you mean you don’t want to explore that old spooky well?” against the falling auburn leaves, amber eyes stilled on his, but the firelight in those eyes flickered. “you know… we’d be the first to meet the ghosts there! what do you mean you don’t want to go?”

it was a different world, then. a simpler, easier world. one without rigid rules and regulations; without codes, chains and captivity. a world of golden wheat, flickering candlelight, auburn and sere leaves. a world one not so complicated.

he never let his brother down, then.
    but now?

things were different.
    when blood betrayed blood, blood and bone was spilled. split. shattered.

“i can’t help you otis. not this time.” he shielded his gaze, turning aside. “you’re on your own.”
Last edited by Vivika on Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faelyn » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:57 pm

↬ catvent day: 17

↬ username & id: faelyn
    ↬ clan archive: faerie <3

↬ word count: 558 words <3
    ↬ prompt:

among the the warm bliss of a dozen shivering kilns, whose soft crackles was a blithe lullaby in his ears - a little ways beyond, a cozy cottage hidden within draping vines quivered in the breath of the larks. of the radiant heat of a dozen little kilns whose warm insides was adorned with tiny pastries with a lick of a honeyed glaze and the last of the gala apples from the last autumn solstice.

rosy and snug in his gentle grasp, the ample curve of a winter’s gleaning of pomegranates bloomed before the soft brunette shades of the cozy cottage. one bejewelled with a creaking, delicately gnarled signpost.

eggie’s and beau’s lil bakery!

a gentle sigh fluttered from his lips, one reminiscent of the sweet blossom of fleeting memories as his footsteps frolicked upon the ricketty steps.
    and ribbons of iridescent daylight dappled the warm, welcoming candlelights lit by a soul whose curls were of the sweet and woody presence of cinnamon.

“ohh… beau?”

and those sweet and woody features lifting to his, the familiar, luminous greeting of his hushed song swarmed to welcome him. a crooked grin tugged at the slight, delicate corner of his jaws, something gentle yet rambunctious all at once. teasing.

and sometimes… sometimes, he would wonder how different things could be like if the little cinnamon tom could still perceive the coo of doves and the lovely breath of mockingbirds. if he could still hear. if beau didn’t have to read the falter of his lips everytime he spoke.

but instead… he was made an example. a victim of a fairy monarch’s tyranny.
    and with a slight shake of his head, the ashen thoughts fled. thoughts of treason and conspiracies of a massacre upon the-

“i got the last harvest of pomegranates!” forcing a radiant grin that matched beau’s, he gently placed them into a basket… one falling apart at the edges but still… usable? “we can make those cobblers… the pomegranate, citrus and cardamom one!”

cinnamon head bobbing to each hushed syllable and laced with enthusiasm, the dainty waver of his paws embellished the fragile fortress of a broken reality.

yes! yes! that sounds great!

every fibre and ivory bone in beau’s petite frame seemed to brighten, before scurrying off to the chime of a liliting clock… he was off once more, attending to the little pastries that had become a deep, rich sienna beneath the auburn tickle of flame.

and a blink… the little pastries cramed to the brim with the sweet, cinnamon-laced apples and a sprinkle of honeyed sugar were displayed behind a glass, glistening beneath the candle light.

the glazed, spring honey gleam of beau’s eyes seemed almost adoring over the steaming pastries, such confections turning the glistening glass to one bejewelled of mist and milky fog.

“beau?”

those spring honeyed eyes fluttered to his, still dreamy and drowsy as the evening lights conquered the daylight among the canvas above, wrinkles upon his brow.

“i hope we last for as life will allow.” and with that, the roses of beau’s nose buried itself into his curls of pastries yet to be baked. “i really do.”

pulling back, the sweet and woody fragrance of his cinnamon curls whirled all around once more, paws wavering in delicate patterns. patterns that blossomed into words.

i just hope we survive until then.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyeza » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:59 pm

↬ username & id: galaxyy. + 803669
    ↬ clan archive: jadeclan

↬ word count: 207 words
    ↬ prompt: the gentle clinking of glass, an aroma of saffron and star anise. the perpetual beat of hooves on gravel, ceaseless, announces the arrival of an old friend. a tawny feline snaps to attention. "ah! alder, welcome home!" they greet. "one moment, i'll get sage."

with a grateful pat and a graceful leap, alderhaze dismounts his stag companion. as promised, the guard returns with a familiar face. "alder!" sagebrush cries, flinging herself at him. she presses against him, head tucked into his shoulder, pure joy radiating from her. "i've missed you so much," she whispers, elated. something cold and wet slides down his side: a stray tear, not of anguish but of overwhelming delight.

"hey, don't cry," alder whispers, raising a paw to wipe the offending tear from her lovely face. his efforts only intensify her tears; she squints through watery eyes as he pokes her cheek. "i can't help it, it's been so long since you left," sage mumbles. he wraps his tail around hers, a soft smile emerging as he gazes at her, smitten. he always has been, always will. she's been by his side from day one, a real, true friend. he at her blinks slowly. "i missed you too, sage. i missed you too."

just editing in word count oopsies!!

Last edited by kyeza on Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    ky xx she/they ♡

th | stars | fr | pce

it's 3:45 (AM!)
kyeza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:59 pm

↬ username & id: nindroidzane + 996925
    ↬ clan archive: frostclan

↬ word count: 766 words
    ↬ prompt:
turtlepaw poked her head out of the medicine den, glancing around camp. her littermate had left to get a snack ages ago... were they coming back or what?

they blinked, scanning the area a third time before giving up. they stepped out onto the heavier snow - if goosepaw was trying to shirk herb sorting with their family, turtlepaw WAS going to find them. which might seem like a daunting task, given that they were pretty well the exact same colour of the snow, if she didn't have the excellent advantage of reading minds.

unfortunately, a poke into a few other cats' minds didn't turn up anything useful. other than SOMEBODY ate the last lemming, which she shot them a look for, just so they'd know she's totally onto them.

with a huff, she sat by the prey pile to get some other snack to eat. goosepaw would turn up eventually, and they could chew them out a little then.

but just as she'd picked out some little fish to eat, someone called her name. she looked up, flicking an ear - but it hadn't come from outside.

"turtlepaw!" the voice hissed again, obviously coming from inside her head, which was, of course, goosepaw.

she frowned at the camp entrance, where two dashes of purple and pink blinked at her.

"goosepaw?" she frowned, speaking only back to their mind now. she got up, abandoning the fish to trot over to her sibling.

but goosepaw just flicked their tail, hurrying off at a faster pace out into the snow. turtlepaw frowned, breaking into a run so she might actually catch up.

"goosepaw?" she panted (internally, just to make a point), finally catching up when her sibling began to slow down. "where have you been?"

"finding this." goosepaw grinned, stepping aside to lift a spiky bush out of their path. they gestured with their tail for her to go up ahead.

turtlepaw gave them a quizzical look, but obliged, stepping into the little clearing within the thicket.

a huge clump of snow fell down onto her head with a THWAP. she flattened her ears, laughter loudly ringing out behind her.

"sorry, sorry." goosepaw apologized, despite still laughing hysterically. "that's not what I was gonna show you. it was just very funny."

"hah hah." turtlepaw gave them an unamused look, shaking the snow out of her ears. "really funny, yeah."

"keep going." goosepaw waved a paw forward, trying to stop snickering. which didn't fill turtlepaw with a lot of confidence, but she continued on, anyways. goosepaw fell into step behind her, which at least meant they probably weren't leading her into some giant death pit or something.

it didn't take long for the clearing to open up more, enough for goosepaw to shimmy up and trot beside her. some sunlight shone down between the branches, glittering across shallow patches of snow. turtlepaw tipped her head.

"well, it's pretty." she stopped walking to glance around. "but I don't see why you brought me here now. or why you dumped snow on my head."

"I didn't just bring you 'cause it's pretty." goosepaw shook their head, motioning towards the far end of the clearing. "and I told you, the snow thing was just funny."

turtlepaw followed, rolling her eyes. "sure."

but her annoyance melted slightly when goosepaw paused in their stride, paw motioning down to a little untouched patch of green, glistening only slightly with frost. turtlepaw's ears pricked I'm surprised.

"oh, wow." she gently touched the tip of her claw to one of the leaves. "these are in great shape, goosepaw!"

"yeah, I know." goosepaw grinned, tail swishing. "that's why I brought you here. duh."

turtlepaw shoved them playfully. "well you could've just said that without all the snow and stuff!"

"but that would've been less fun." goosepaw snickered. "you should've seen your face."

"ahahah, hah hah, hah, that's so funny." turtlepaw scooped some snow into her paw, stuffing it in goosepaw's face. goosepaw yelped, falling over backwards.

turtlepaw actually did laugh that time. "okay, I think I see your point."

goosepaw shook their head out with a huff. but then they grinned again, and turtlepaw ducked before they got a second face full of freezing cold.

"hey, hey!" she frowned, crouched down with her tail in the air. "we should probably be careful. of the herbs. and take them home now."

"coward." goosepaw brushed themself off, smiling. "but yeah, okay."

they each carefully snipped a bit of the herbs off, gathering them up to show their parent and sunspark - who would hopefully be pleased enough to not be upset at all their sneaking around, and being gone for half the day.
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:00 pm

↬ username & id: Skywardthedragon 935233
    ↬ clan archive: Company of Fools

↬ word count: n/a
    ↬ prompt:

Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 17 Results

Postby faelyn » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:01 pm

ImageImageImage
thank you all for your responses! this one was really rough to judge, ahh! as always, all users who entered received a random
prize (first three lists) and we've also awarded a few responses that stood out to us an additional prize (last three lists) <3

Catvent Day Seventeen Results:
      ↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 common edit for participating!

adamented
        archaeopteryx.
        craig?
        griff
        vivika

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 uncommon edit for participating!

aftonbuilt
        arrikanez
        artmajor
        coffee.berry
        dascanadiansparkle

dragoness129
        faelyn
        feather ‘
        galaxyy.
        hush

jay.
        k1ngcl3m3nt1n3
        kennymcnenny
        lili041
        plushbunny

skywardthedragon
        sleepy-rat
        strawberrymwilk
        thani
        tomura

unohdettu.lupaus
        whovian5eva

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 rare edit for participating!

0zero0
        i like bees
        mrs
        nindroidzane
        néktar

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      Catvent Day Seventeen Judged Results:

↬ this user has earned +1 rare myo (one r edit, unlimited uc/c/nr)!

sleepy-rat ━ the group dynamics in your piece was absolutely beautiful! we had a really solid sense of character from your lil group from the expressiveness of your art and your writing! the nicknames were also a such a nice touch <33

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 uc myo (one uc edit, unlimited c/nr)!

i like bees ━ one of the first things that stood out was the vibes <333 it's almost like we were lost in another world ━ something slower-moving, tranquil and gentle. it really stood out to us + we hope frog and ghost enjoyed their time together!

k1ngcl3m3nt1n3 ━ the depth in this was so lovely <33 shivering’sea’s journey was a pleasure to read! we really adored the emotions and the themes intwined in your piece, but also the gentle strength of shivering’sea’s character!

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 common myo (unlimited c/nr edits)!

lili041 ━ aaaaa, this was such an entertaining read! we love the interaction between santa and grecia, along with their little dispute and we hope they stay best friends even after grecia’s ‘thievery’! ^^

feather ' ━ this was also really fun to read!! beanpaw and yolknose’s interaction was adorable and the humor was on point! also the idea of burning homework? absolutely fantastic. and honestly realistic <333

tomura ━ we really enjoyed the development between frederick and willowheart! the progression of their friendship and the gradual, growing depth was so wholesome to see ━ we’re excited to see where this takes the pair in the future! ^^

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      if you aren't on any of the first three lists and posted a response before rollover, please contact vivika (on cs/discord) as soon as you can! <3
Last edited by faelyn on Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 18

Postby faelyn » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:02 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImage
↬ Catvent Day Eighteen!

Choose one of your cats + find out which of Santa’s reindeer they are with this quiz!
If you don’t own a cat quite yet, feel free to answer for one of our npcs here! Alternatively,
you're welcome to just select a suiting reindeer for one of your cats if that's more up your alley!

*this is meant to be a short prompt! one word answers are perfectly acceptable! <3

Code: Select all
[size=85][list][b]↬ catvent day:[/b] eighteen

[b]↬ username & id:[/b]
[b]↬ clan archive:[/b]

[b]↬ word count:[/b]  n/a, for day eighteen!
[b]↬ prompt:[/b] [/list][/size]

#activeprompt
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me