✦ Stars Catvent 2022

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: ✦ Stars Catvent 2022

Postby Vivika » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:50 am

↬ catvent day: six

↬ username & id: vivika + 966947
    ↬ clan archive: azeryn

↬ word count: n/a, for day six!
    ↬ prompt: forgotten. most of these songs are forgotten, lost to withering flame and the ire of the king’s wrath. the few that remain are mere pieces. little snatches and tatters of old songbooks and ancient snippets of poetry.

some keepers have taken it upon themself to commit those little pieces to memory, passing it down along their family line. others… are more bold. inventive. they take the pieces and create something new. something fresh. woven in their music are the traces of their lost history, disguised under innocuous love songs and silly ditties and rhymes. and thus, they immortalize history ━ right underneath the king’s eyes.

and wherever the breeze blows
      may the fires burn, deeper than my love

so we never forget
      upon the cliffs of mezzanoche
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:54 am

↬ username & id: nindroidzane + 996925
    ↬ clan archive: frostclan

↬ prompt:
breezewhisper has pretty well always been the only one interested in holiday songs, and even then she can't remember most of the words after so many moons away from her housefolk. but whenever the wind was soft and the nights felt even colder, she would still hum the tunes to littlekit as she lulled her to sleep - it was almost like being back under the indoor trees, or sniffing the scent of tiny fire sticks again.

and then huckleberry showed up, and he has NO qualms with belting out whatever holiday songs he's stored up in his head. it's nice someone else appreciates the same sentiment, at least.
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Plushbunny » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:56 am

↬ username & id: Plushbunny + 858001
    ↬ clan archive: BlizzardClan

↬ prompt: fruitcake sings various christmas songs throughout the year. any songs you can imagine, they seem to know. with christmas as his favorite holiday and time of year, christmas songs are an essential part of celebrating and making the whole year christmas truly festive!
Plushbunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 6 Results!

Postby Vivika » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:01 pm

ImageImageImage

Catvent Day Six Results:
      ↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 common edit for participating!

0zero0
        adamented
        angel bugs
        archaeopteryx.
        arrikanez
        artmajor
        cloudeddiamond
        coffee.berry
        craig?
        deercan
        dragoness129
        echo into void
        faelyn
        feather '
        fleurs
        griff
        hush
        i like bees
        jay.
        kennymcnenny
        lokisaurus
        mrs
        nindroidzane
        néktar
        plushbunny
        skywardthedragon
        sleepy-rat
        strawberrymwilk
        sunny-skies
        thani
        vivika
        whovian5eva
        xem

if you aren't on this list and posted a response before rollover, please contact vivika (on cs/discord) as soon as you can! <3
Last edited by Vivika on Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 7

Postby Vivika » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:02 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImage
↬ Catvent Day Seven!
One of your cats encounters a mysterious traveller ━ a cat who has never heard about
celebrating winter festivities! But they do seem interested in learning about these…
holidays. How do your cat(s) describe the winter festivities/traditions in your clan
and the activities that come with it?

form:
Code: Select all
[size=85][list][b]↬ catvent day:[/b] seven

[b]↬ username & id:[/b]
[b]↬ clan archive:[/b]

[b]↬ word count:[/b] 000 words; n/a if art
[b]↬ prompt:[/b] [/list][/size]

#activeprompt
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LiLi041 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:02 pm

↬ catvent day: seven

↬ username & id: LiLi041 925966
    ↬ clan archive: eNUF

↬ word count: 193 words
    ↬ prompt: Santa greeted the mysterious traveller cheerfully. Another lovely visitor in this cold winter, for her to show off to.

"You've never heard of the winter festivities?" Santa gasped, tittering in mock horror. "Well, hm. How should I explain this? During winter, everyone basically just does what I have them do. I'm Santa, after all; the leader of all Christmas festivities. My candy store used to be the biggest shop in town, and it would always face an explosion in traffic the closer it got to Christmas. I'd give out presents too, to all the good children, and there would be singing and carols to welcome my sleigh and I rode it through towns and mazes, laughing 'ho ho ho'... and everyone would applaud. Here, we all decorate for the parties, and every year I pick a wild and wonderfully wacky theme that we all decorate by. And in the end, we would all admire the work... and my brilliance, of course. I'm the best party planner here."

She eyed the stranger appraisingly. "You should join," she said. "I'll tell you what to do, and I'll be sure to hand you a present afterwards."

Please credit my Toyhouse @LiLi041 for all designs!
~~~
Lissidom (Stars) | eNUF (Stars)
Colony Tracker (Storkies)
~~~
All trades welcome!
LiLi041

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:44 pm

↬ username & id: aftonbuilt 186503
    ↬ clan archive: https://toyhou.se/aftonbuilt/characters/folder:2228196

↬ word count: 34 words
    ↬ prompt:
    "You're not missing much." Taz' tone was flat as he looked over to the mysterious visitor. "Not like there's much to be celebratin' at this moment, I think. Not with the new guy here."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
the world's most normal petscop enjoyer
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
werm time

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(and speaks.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtMajor » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:55 pm

↬ username & id: ArtMajor + 639839
    ↬ clan archive: blep

↬ word count: 264
    ↬ prompt:" Ok but, but buried gifts, you do that, right?"

"Nope" the stranger said, sounding amused by this point.

Ryeblaze groaned, burying his face in his paws. He sighed, and shook out his short fur, sitting back up, and meeting the strangers gaze, suddenly intensely focused. "Alright, lets start from the top then. Firstly, every winter, Jadewhisper, he's one of our warriors, he brings out a bunch of pretty cloths that we lie in the sand and every cat sleeps in those during the cold season. Then, after the first snowfall, every cat starts leaving little trinkets in holes underneath the cloths, we open them on the night of the last full moon of the year."

the stranger nodded "alright, I can follow that."

"And, when the first frost happens, before the trinkets get buried, every cat spends that night sleeping in the center of camp, sharing warmth, from Smokestar all the way to the newest members. Its a great bonding method."

The stranger's ear twitched. "I'm not...great, with physical contact" they said, tail flicking in the sand.

Ryeblaze frowned "But, the warmth from every cat together, it's like our spirits are connecting, so that even when we die, we'll stay attached to the clan, like Nightpaw!"

"But what of a cat who joined and died before the winter, would they be unattached to the clan in death?" the cat asked, eyes narrowed.

Ryeblaze shrugged "That's a question for Tideblossom,or maybe Dawnflower. I'm not too caught up in the spiritual side of things."

"Alright" the stranger said, sounding amused. "Was there anything else?"

──────────────────────────────────────
artmajor ✧ she/her ✧ graphic design student

mainly here to stalk the art boards but I
may wander around the rest too, see you
if I see you

toyhou.se
──────────────────────────────────────
ArtMajor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ day 07.

Postby echo into void » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:25 pm

↬ username & id: echo into void + 947184
    ↬ clan archive: snowclan

↬ word count: 171 words
    ↬ prompt:
      the stranger stared at darkfire like she was crazy.

"what?" she asked, incredulous.

"what is a 'santa pile'," the stranger questioned. darkfire stared at them for a second, wondering where they come from.

"do you celebrate the holidays at all," she asked as she began to study the stranger. if they didn't celebrate any holidays, then what did they do?

"what are 'holidays'?" they beamed at darkfire, wanting to know all about this special time. darkfire gawked at the stranger. she was utterly speechless. in snowclan, the holidays were so extraordinary and memorable. she couldn't believe this cat has never been able to experience the joy that it brings.

she sat down with the outsider and began to explain all about the traditions snowclan has for the holidays. with each new detail, the cat's eyes would glow even brighter. they were hanging onto every word.

at the end of it all, the cat was speechless. they wanted to join. they wanted to be a part of this unique and unusual celebration.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: happy holidays!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleepy-Rat » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:12 pm

↬ username & id: Sleepy-Rat 723170
    ↬ clan archive:Rowanclan

↬ word count: 156 words
    ↬ prompt:

"What? Really?!" Pumpkinshine gasped, shocked by the stranger's confession. "Well, I better tell you everything then!" She puffed her chest proudly. The Midwinter's Fest was one of her favorites!

"The celebrations are preceded by The Great Winter Hunt where all of those who wish to, go and hunt together. Meanwhile the rest decorate the camp." Her eyes sparkled with excitement as she pictured the camp clearing adorned with spruce and rowan branches. "Then, once the sun begins to set – which is quite early – the hunters return and we all gather together to feast on whatever was brought home. Afterwards we'll all huddle together to sing and have fun, and to remember the ones no longer with us. Some exchange gifts with their friends and family before the crowd starts receding back to their dens. Some will stay out for quite long." Pumpkinshine smiled widely as she spoke.

"You can join us this year if you'd like!"
Sleepy-Rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me