The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby monstera » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:08 am

Sign-up Time!
      Username: dragon.
      Link to roll call post: here
      Prompt response:

“Test of Courage..?” Jay mumbled as she eyed the signup sheet, “How scary can it be?” She continued as she picked up the pen and scribbled her name onto one of the empty spaces. This wasn’t her first time wandering into a so-called “spooky place”, her photography adventures had taken her to locations much scarier than this. Placing the pen down, she stepped away from the group of kalons forming around the signup sheet to direct her attention to the forest surrounding the kamp. She couldn’t help feeling a little weary about it, though she wouldn’t admit it to anyone. Even in the daytime, the place had a bit of a creepy vibe. It was pretty dark from the surrounding trees, and she could only imagine how much darker it would get at nighttime. She couldn’t tell if this unease was brought on by the other kampers discussing how freaky it was, or if it was indeed her gut telling her to stay away. She shook her head. No, that couldn’t be it. It shouldn’t be that spooky. And besides, if she didn’t go she would regret it later. She wanted to experience it herself instead of listening to the stories the other kampers would be telling in the near future.

[211 words]
monstera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumoonwolf » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:10 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Blumoonwolf
Link to roll call post: here!
Prompt response:

Test of Courage...
The words ring in Fir's ears, and her heart begins to thump.
Whether that's due to excitement, anxiety, or a strange mix of both remains to be made clear. Even to herself.
Regardless, she takes the pen, flicks down the soft teal and writes her name. Three simple letters, and now she's in. Bound in blood ink. The cheerful colors of other names seem to be making fun of her for being just the tiniest bit scared.
'It's a hike.' She reasons to herself. For just once, she wished she could speak. If she said the words, maybe they'd feel more tangible. Maybe she could believe them then.

"Scared?" Another kamper asks over her shoulder. She gives a lighthearted shrug before he leans in, eyes narrowing in barely concealed delight. "You should be. Afterall, no one can hear you scream."
She scoffs soundlessly and watches him with raised eyebrows until he retreated away. She stuck out her tongue, even though she knew he couldn't see it. 'That's just ridiculous, trying to scare us..' She forced herself away from the topic of thought. Refused to acknowledge that... he was right.
They wouldn't, couldn't be able to hear her scream.

Chills crept up her spine as she walked away from the sign-up sheet.
The thought of the hike no longer seemed as appealing as before.
(230 words)
    I hope you have a lovely day/night <3
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Northstar. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:29 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Northstar.
Link to roll call post: Here!
Prompt response: [207 words]

Brynna eyes the sign-up sheet, and the line leading to it, unamused. Can't I just go home? I'm too old to be here! She was sure some of her fellow vertically challenged campers were Chucky-reincarnate. It was in their high-pitched laughter and wide glassy eyes. The snotty kit from earlier keeps following her around; she hadn't been able to shake the runt off her tail after their morning snotty cry episode. Wait! This could be my escape! Her blue eyes dart to the left and right, looking for the sniveling midget. They were standing a good few feet away, staring with wide, fearful eyes at the sign up sheet and shaking their head. She smirks. This would be perfect! A break from that kid? Sign me up!

After staring, head tilted curiously, at the scribbled drawings shen nods. Is that red thing supposed to be a monkey?? It looks like a monkey! In no time she signs her name in purple ink with big, captial letters.
BRYNNA
She completely disregards the 'Test of Courage' title with a scoff. She has plenty courage, thank you! And, really, she'd walk through a haunted house chased by vengeful ghosts to get a break from crying kits. There's no turning back now!
Northstar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:39 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Skywardthedragon
Link to roll call post: https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=119726832#p119726832
Prompt response:
Pip signed up without thinking, but as soon as she walked over to the now-forming group she started to regret her choice. She flexed her paws unconsciously, and glanced back at the sign-up sheet. It would be just too easy to cross off her name, and pretend the whole situation never happened. Someone may recognize her and make her a laughingstock, but that would be better than getting killed, right?
More and more Kalons were signing up, and Pip couldn’t find a clear path to cross out her name without another Kalon seeing her. She nudged her way out of the group and slipped behind the shed. There, she primed her time to strike.
Unfortunately, at that moment Beni tore the sheet off of the wall. “Sign-ups are closed, everybody!” he said. “No backing out now.” The last sentence seemed to be directed at her specifically.
Pip sighed and went back to the rest of the group. There had to be a way to get out of this...
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby La Volpe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:44 am

Sign-up Time!
      Username: la volpe
      Link to roll call post: here
      Prompt response:
La Volpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zakuro. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:54 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: zakuro.
    Link to roll call post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3859303&start=320#p119727632

Prompt Response: 279 words B)

liz flicked the pen to blue and eagerly scribbled her name onto the sheet. "this should be fun," she said to herself. back in her cabin, she sat on the bed and replayed the conversation in her head. i'm just a year younger than them, why did beni keep calling me kiddo? she snorted. i came to kamp to have fun, not to be treated like a 5th grader! maybe i won't go on their hike. her mind was made up. she marched back out there and flicked the pen to black. she put a thick line through her name. but, halfway through she wavered. she really did want to go on the spooky hike. it would be fun, and she could actually make friends with some of the counselors. they were all ones she had briefly spoken to before, but something in her stomach told her to be stubborn and chicken out. red faced, she finished the line and went back to her cabin and took a nap.

a couple days later around sunset, eliza was taking another nap when her door flung open and a backpack was hurled at her stomach. wiping the drool off her face she looked up to see beni dragging her out of bed.

"come on! you're not chickening out now.."

eliza groaned and rolled over in bed. she heard a heavy sign from beni. "okay. if that's how you want to be, you've left me no choice."

suddenly, she was flung over his shoulder and they were starting down the path towards the meeting spot for the hike.

"why did i sign up for this?" she mumbled groggily.
zakuro.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby suds » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:58 am

Sign-up Time!
      Username: suds
      Link to roll call post: trumpet sounds
      Prompt response:
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:03 am

Sign-up Time!
    Username: Unleashed Squid
    Link to roll call post: xx
    Prompt response:
    There was a hinge of uncertainty in the air but also a sense of adventure in her heart. The young kalon looked deep into the woods, mesmerized by the darkness which quickly engulfed the path ahead. Trees towered high into the sky, and a wind swept by her ears which she quickly realized would be chilling when paired with the absence of the sun. As soon as her foot would hit the dirt below, as soon as she crossed that tree line, it would be as if she wandered into a whole different world. Yet with all of those factors gnawing on her mind, her adolescent eyes shone bright with an odd excitement. Young kalons around her carried a frightened aura, but she was far too curious; the apocalypse would have to start in order for it to quench such a thick emotion. Forbidden was exactly the kind of word Elaina liked, and it also was exactly the kind of phrase she would ignore when adults spoke. Adventure soared in her blood, and this woods, she hoped, would be the start of something interesting.

Elaina's eyes swooped across the list to the kalons that would soon accompany her, and she noted that most were her age. With a huff, the kalon decided that she doubted the strength of the shaky kalon who jumped at the croaking of the frogs, or the willpower of the young boy who cried when his pillow had hit the grass on the way into his cabin. Disdain nodded off into interest however, when she realized that this hike would contain herself and other stronger, braver souls watching fellow campers being picked off one by one through fear, the most natural emotion, and this delighted her. Elaina herself rarely felt afraid, especially with all of what she had been through to reach this camp. Earth was not a scary place. This forest would hold more wonders than foes, and it would teach her many things that her own race would die to figure out.

Elaina pondered as she sat in the warmth of a hut for the last time. What more could a rebel want? This was just another escapade waiting to happen, and she hoped more than anything to be the star of the show.
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SyntheticFox » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:09 am

Sign-up Time! | Username: SyntheticFox | Link to roll call post: Sign me up!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How does your Kal feel about the upcoming event? Draw or write about how your Kamper feels! Why do they want to (or do not want to) go?"

Prompt response:

"Should I sign up..?" Uzi felt a little anxious as he approached the signup sheet. Even when first entering the camp, he was nervous and had thoughts running through his mind. "Am I too old for this kamp? What if I don't make any friends? What if I embarrass myself??". As a kid, Uzi was always sheepish and didn't really enjoy camping too much. He had the impression that camp was ment for extroverted people. Its a wonder on why he decided to come in general. "I have done enough thinking. I wanna be more friendly and confident instead of being standoffish all the time." Uzi thought to himself. For once in his life, Uzi wants to be fearless, and what better way then to apply for the Test of Courage? Maybe this camp is what he needed. One could say this is his reason on why he came. Uzi then proceeded to write his signature on the paper in hopes of an adjustment.

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello There !

I'm SyntheticFox ! (Or Fox)
Feel free to message me !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kalons』✮『Senti』✮『Bigby

SyntheticFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mousekewitz » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:16 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: lordren
Link to roll call post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3859303&p=119703511#p119703511
Prompt response:

Tes of Courage sounds exactly like something that his brother would love; he can just imagine how Joel would eagerly sign-up in hopes of terrorizing the younger, more frightened kampers. Thankfully, Joel is not here, so he will have plenty of time to settle his nerves. Alistair shrugs his backpack off his shoulders to retrieve a black pen from the front zipper. He always packs essentials, as you are never quite sure if you'll need them. The logical part of his mind is screaming and wishing that he could run away without glancing back at this cursed paper. He knows he does not like the dark, but at his age, it is something that he should be trying to conquer instead of running from. No teenager should be weak at the knees from just darkness. How would Joel react if he heard about the Test of Courage and found that his scardey-cat brother hadn't signed up? It'd be more torturous than Kamp itself.

He sighs and uncaps his pen, ears buzzing from the chatter of other kampers around him. It wouldn't be as bad if he didn't feel so terribly isolated here. Biting his lip, he signs his first initial followed by his last name in cursive. There's no backing out now. The shame of crossing out his name would be unbearable. He shoves the pen back in his bag before pulling it back over his shoulders. It's time to find his nerve.

i have decided to move on from cs
im simply not as invested or active as i used to be

thank you to everyone who makes this site possible
to every supportive, kind community member ive met
the friends i have made and lost, the experiences ive had
its been an unforgettable ride & i will miss yall

thank you to my wife for introducing me
cs has been a huge part of our lives all this time
and im excited to see where life takes me next
mousekewitz

My pets
My items