《 Hestia - SCS Cat - Tasks 》

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

《 Hestia - SCS Cat - Tasks 》

Postby Lady M » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:35 am

Here is where my writing development for my Second Chance Shelter pet Hestia. These will be used as entries for SCS competitions. Feel free to look around, but please do not post here.

i. Reading Practice
ii. Calm
iii. Gifts
iv. Meeting a Client
v. Friendship
Lady M

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i. Reading Practice

Postby Lady M » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:36 am

I look around, knowing that I will not be finding the cat I'm supposed to be training right now unless she wants to be found. Hestia is in training to be a therapy cat. I always knew she would make a good therapy cat because she always loves to sit on my lap whenever possible. Now I just have to find a way to make her just as comfortable with other people as she is with me. I feel something brush my leg. I look down and see the little black and white tabby rubbing my leg and begging me to pet her. I oblige, but quickly scoop her up. She knows where were going, and she's not extremely happy about it, but she must be having one of her lazy days because she just sits in my arms with a discontented look on her face.

I walk into my "office", which is really more of her office because save one swivel chair there isn't a thing in the room that isn't for cats. I make sure that I have securely closed the door behind me before I set her down on her plush be. She stands up, but I know she loves the bed, and, not surprisingly, she stretches and kneads the blanket a bit, then settles down in a donut shape. I pull out the book I've been reading to her. This time it happens to be A Wrinkle in Time. I do this with all of the cats that I train because it is something people love to do with their therapy animals, and it's not the best thing to make them feel better if the cat runs away when they want to read to it. I settles down in my plush chair and start reading to her. In no time she is asleep and far far away from here. But that's OK, because she is just too adorable when she is sleeping to be disturbed.

[329/200]
Last edited by Lady M on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady M

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ii. Calm

Postby Lady M » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 am

I settle down in the living room and open up the book that I'm currently reading to Hestia. Sometimes I read along without her, but I don't think she minds. And at this moment in time I don't have the slightest clue where she could be, that was all about to change. I hear a crash from the kitchen, and, surprise, surprise, I see Hestia streaming away from the mess. But it wasn't her usually calm and in control yet slightly terrified run, this was really scared. She did make quite a lot of noise just now. She probably knocked down something big. She looked fine, so I start with the kitchen. Because I almost always have at least three or four cats in my house, which despite the fact that it is a big house, at a time almost all of the things in the kitchen are locked in cabinets where little kitty paws can't reach them. However, I do have one stack of pots on top of the refrigerator that are unsecured. I just never assumed that a cat would be able to get up there. But, Hestia must have found a way, because now the entire stack is spread out on the kitchen floor.

Next I go to find the culprit. It is OK in my house, but if she is working with someone who already has problems with being nervous giving the a heart attack would defiantly not be a good thing. What I see when I go into my office isn't pretty either. Hestia is running around in nervous circles and crashing into everything. She probably just has a lot of adrenalin in her system right now. But I don't believe in de-clawing cats, so she still has her claws and if I tried to pick her up now I would probably have scratches all the way up my arm. So instead I grab a towel and pick her up and her next pass. She struggles a bit, but her claws can't hurt me through the towel. I hold her close to my chest so that she can feel my heartbeat. This calms her down. I close the door so she can't get out and then I set her down in my lap. She doesn't bolt, which is a good sign, it means my training has paid off.
[393/200]
Lady M

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me