[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet

Postby Obius » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:32 pm

CS Help wrote:Hi there,

We currently have no plans to re-release store pets.

This reply was sent by Nick, a member of our Administrators group.

A reply from Nick I just got. Looks like things will remain as it is now. In the meantime, the rarest store pets will continue to grow in rarity. Best to get them soon in case any second chances never happen.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:37 pm

WASSAP wrote:
CS Help wrote:Hi there,

We currently have no plans to re-release store pets.

This reply was sent by Nick, a member of our Administrators group.

A reply from Nick I just got. Looks like things will remain as it is now. In the meantime, the rarest store pets will continue to grow in rarity. Best to get them soon in case any second chances never happen.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. :3

I do think this suggestion thread could be turned into what could be done with store pets regarding the archives?

@Shian, I'm not sure if that was directed at you, there's been a lot of suggestions going on since someone originally brought up removing them from the archives.
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Not a surprise with that conclusion. Although, the archive idea should be up for a suggestion. ^^

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:43 pm

@Shian sorry that wasn't yours, that was mine; haven't put yours up yet or anything else really; I added that after people started responding to it but I didn't add my other suggestion since people didn't respond to it (edit: it looks like I did? I distinctly remember removing that. Must've hit ctrl z one too many times) and I didn't add yours at the time since it was too new and I was going to add it and others once I properly sorted out all the different suggestions and also once people commented more on yours (it's also what I did with mine)

but then life happened (and is still happening)

Anyone else want to do it? I fully intended to keep the first post updated with the various ideas in here but real life loves to be a troll with timing

@WASSAP Thanks for the Nick reply

Sorry on phone
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:14 pm

Ah, ok. I was very confused as to where you got that since it wasn't anywhere in the discussion. ^_^;
I'm in jury duty this week so I'm stuck on phone for a while too. Editing posts is really difficult on phones :/
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pegasus4240 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:16 pm

I am a little confused about the big deal. I have been here a year. I am an adult player. My goal is to collect the pets I like, not every pet. I realize that I am probably not going to achieve every pet on my wishlist. That would be unrealistic. A wishlist is just what it says it is; a list of pets I would like to have. Not have to have. Not going to stomp my foot, throw my hands up in the air and quit. Just a wish.

No matter what we collect. No matter who or what we are in life, there's always going to be somebody better - somebody's going to have that something we want that we don't or can't have. Is having an incomplete collection the end of the world? No, not for me, at least. Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by pegasus4240 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pegasus4240

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:34 pm

Hm, well with that reply from Nick it seems like it's settled.
Although I do wonder if store pets could be generated through the "custom" method and slowly introduced into circulation via the Pound. That would have issues too though, and still would count as re-releasing and therefore isn't an option I guess.

I do support altering the archives to seperate store pets and make it clear they are more of a seperate thing from the free/event pets. I would prefer them to be able to be added to wishlists still, but maybe exclude them on the year tabs and put them on their own page completely? Or would that make them even more desireable? Haha
I mean nothing changing is fine too. I'm sure we can all adjust to the increasing scarcity of store pets c:
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:21 am

Taiger Lilly wrote:Hm, well with that reply from Nick it seems like it's settled.
Although I do wonder if store pets could be generated through the "custom" method and slowly introduced into circulation via the Pound. That would have issues too though, and still would count as re-releasing and therefore isn't an option I guess.

I do support altering the archives to seperate store pets and make it clear they are more of a seperate thing from the free/event pets. I would prefer them to be able to be added to wishlists still, but maybe exclude them on the year tabs and put them on their own page completely? Or would that make them even more desireable? Haha
I mean nothing changing is fine too. I'm sure we can all adjust to the increasing scarcity of store pets c:

In that case they don't need generation. The pound could just release a few more than it already does.
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bvrd » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:37 am

Shian wrote:that the store pets need to be on a separate archive list so it is very clear that these are novelties, not part of the CS collection. Not remove them entirely. What kind of sense does that make? That would make them into semi-customs really quickly.

You also need to be able to add these pets to your wishlist or those that trade or sell their multiples can find people that are looking for them.

if they don't plan on re-releasing store pets i very much like this idea. i feel like they're should be some sort of indication that all past store pets are retired and will never be released again with an explanation why just to stop some of the asking.
bvrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:21 am

R e d p a n d a wrote:

In that case they don't need generation. The pound could just release a few more than it already does.

As far as my understanding goes, pound pets come from somwhere though, either donations, quitting users, or cheaters. So unless the pound has a very large stockpile of skelebuns it is sitting on, new ones would still have to be made otherwise it would have little to no effect on increasing the number of skelebuns in circulation. Since it is far more likely that the number of skelebuns in the pound is small and proportional to their rarity on the site.
Hope that makes sense, please correct me if I'm wrong about this!
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me