Mobile search box

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Mobile search box

Postby GreenRaindrops » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:51 am

I mainly use my phone to go on CS, which means I see the mobile version, and it definitely makes the site easier to navigate but there's a few features it lacks that make me have to go back to full view every now and then.

First and foremost the lack of a search box in the forums.
Every time I go to look for something specific, I go up to use the search box but forget its not there, so I have to go down and switch to full view which takes me back to the front page, so I have to go back to where I was in the forum, use the search, then go back to mobile which takes me back to the front page again, It gets pretty tedious.

I get that when you switch back and forth between full and mobile it needs to reset the website so you end up on the front page, I'm just wondering if they could possibly add the search box to the mobile version as well.

One other thing that is a little disappointing, is that the mobile version doesn't change backgrounds with the holidays. Not a big deal, but would definitely make the mobile version more fun.
ImageImage
πŸ’œImageπŸ–€ My CharactersπŸ’šToyhouseπŸ’™
GreenRaindrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mobile search box

Postby acatalepsy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:29 am

xxxxxβ–‘Something I recommend is just switching over to the full site in general. I almost exclusively use mobile, but I've recognised that I'm much more able to navigate, as well as enjoy, the site when I view it in full site mode, so I just use that. I think that it's essentially the computer version, and once you're used to being on the full site on your phone, it's really not too much more difficult?
you can call me acata or acaxxxxxpreviously Moona_ (also go by Moona and Moon)
Avi by Tsukoyami on DragCave

Discuss March 2021 here!
Help/Suggestions board here and FAQ here!

2021 Trade Fodder group here

Current Adopts: March 2021

Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image Image
acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:25 am

acatalepsy wrote:xxxxxβ–‘Something I recommend is just switching over to the full site in general. I almost exclusively use mobile, but I've recognised that I'm much more able to navigate, as well as enjoy, the site when I view it in full site mode, so I just use that. I think that it's essentially the computer version, and once you're used to being on the full site on your phone, it's really not too much more difficult?

It is much more difficult to use the full site as everything shrinks and I have to zoom to do anything on every page personally. I can barely read anything on full site when I'm on my phone.
So support for this idea.
Chloe born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
Beckett due November 30th 2024!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:10 am

I prefer to have my phone's orientation locked, but there's no option to have it locked to landscape mode, so I always have my phone locked on portrait mode.

This sucks
IMG_9414.PNG
IMG_9414.PNG (507.18 KiB) Viewed 221 times

compared to this
IMG_9415.PNG
IMG_9415.PNG (166.48 KiB) Viewed 221 times

It's better on landscape mode but I am not going to go to landscape mode just for CS. I use portrait mode for everything else, and switching between portrait and landscape mode is such a pain when I'm lying down or otherwise tilting my phone, such that I even watch YT videos on my computer when possible instead of watching them on my phone unless they'll automatically go to landscape mode for me while my phone is locked in portrait mode. And when I'm in landscape mode, I find it much harder to do things on my phone with one hand.

Maybe I'm a minority of 1?

Re: topic
This would be nice to have yes please I am willing to wait but I would very much like to have this
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:29 pm

I would love having a search box on mobile, it is a pain to have to go from mobile to full site and then find the forum/thread you wanted again.
    So support from me c:
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

┏xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxβ”“
xImage
β”–xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxβ”š
β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬
carries morexx⇒x⇒
╔════════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - Β©

β•˜β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•›
╒══════════╕
β•˜β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•›
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sumashira » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:04 pm

I also support this, for all the reasons listed above. <3

- β€’ β™₯ β€’ -
Hi there! You can call me suma!
- β€’ β™₯ β€’ -
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
- β€’ β™₯ β€’ -
If you missed an outcome or you
want to paperclip, send me a trade!
- β€’ β™₯ β€’ -
ImageImage
- β€’ β™₯ β€’ -
frog art made for me by PumpkinCatCarnival (TH)
sumashira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreenRaindrops » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:28 am

DrinaLestrange wrote:
acatalepsy wrote:xxxxxβ–‘Something I recommend is just switching over to the full site in general. I almost exclusively use mobile, but I've recognised that I'm much more able to navigate, as well as enjoy, the site when I view it in full site mode, so I just use that. I think that it's essentially the computer version, and once you're used to being on the full site on your phone, it's really not too much more difficult?

It is much more difficult to use the full site as everything shrinks and I have to zoom to do anything on every page personally. I can barely read anything on full site when I'm on my phone.

Exactly Drina! acatalepsy, I'm not sure if you have a bigger phone then us, but full screen is a pain on mobile.
As Drina said when it goes to full view you have to zoom to read anything but then you also have to scroll back and forth since it doesn't all fit on the screen.

nickjr, I have used my phone in landscape mode to view full sites before, and sometimes it works ok and sometimes it doesn't, depends on the site, using landscape mode can be an option for some, but I prefer my phone locked on portrait mode. Even when I play games I don't like when it switches automatically, my phone ninja hits me in the face enough when I'm laying in bed, holding it sideway just double the hits :lol:

Thanks for all the support everyone!
ImageImage
GreenRaindrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LOCW_Bluestarwarrior » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:40 am

Would be nice, but only because I sometimes like to search without logging in and you can't do that on mobile! XD

Personally mobile sites with the huge font drive me nuts, haha, I like everything tiny and zoom-able. But a search box would be helpful.
------------β–½
------------Call me Blue
------------adult // fan of a great
------------many things
------------ImageImageImage
------------β–³
------------β–½
------------ImageImage
------------Art credit - me
------------β–³
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acatalepsy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:53 pm

GreenRaindrops wrote:
DrinaLestrange wrote:

Exactly Drina! acatalepsy, I'm not sure if you have a bigger phone then us, but full screen is a pain on mobile.
As Drina said when it goes to full view you have to zoom to read anything but then you also have to scroll back and forth since it doesn't all fit on the screen.

nickjr, I have used my phone in landscape mode to view full sites before, and sometimes it works ok and sometimes it doesn't, depends on the site, using landscape mode can be an option for some, but I prefer my phone locked on portrait mode. Even when I play games I don't like when it switches automatically, my phone ninja hits me in the face enough when I'm laying in bed, holding it sideway just double the hits :lol:

Thanks for all the support everyone!

xxxxxβ–‘I might, yeah. I have a Galaxy S7e, which has a pretty large screen compared to many other models. Although now that I think about it, I don't use the mobile version anyway, so it wouldn't affect me either way, and y'all do, so if it would be more convenient for y'all, support!
you can call me acata or acaxxxxxpreviously Moona_ (also go by Moona and Moon)
Avi by Tsukoyami on DragCave

Discuss March 2021 here!
Help/Suggestions board here and FAQ here!

2021 Trade Fodder group here

Current Adopts: March 2021

Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image Image
acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreenRaindrops » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:31 am

Another thing is why doesn't it show when we get trades on mobile? It shows when we get a new message but not a trade, I've turned on the option to get a message every time I get a trade so I can tell when I get one, but having to keep deleting messages gets annoying.
But the main update I'm still hoping for, is for the moblie search box.
ImageImage
GreenRaindrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me