Rate The Character Above You V.7 (New rule Pg 224)

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Re: Rate The Character Above You V.7 (New rule Pg 224)

Postby snubbulls » Thu May 02, 2024 1:31 pm

9/10
this design is beautiful! i love the colors used for her markings and fur, it reminds me of tea/coffee painting. personally i'm not sure the black clothes/accents r my favorites, but the clothing design is gorgeous so i can look past it pretty easily, it just seems to weigh down the design a bit if that makes sense. i think i'd personally go for dark greens but that's my own preference. i really love the style of her clothes though, its so intricate and stylish! i love maxi skirts soo much. i also love seeing characters that use canes (im biased bc im a mobility aid user lol) and the unicorn on top is literally so cute. i cant imagine it would be very comfy to hold for long periods of time but also like. she's a character its not that deep if her cane is a little unwieldy.

jet
he's a 3-toed sloth and i'd love to see what ppl think b4 i design him some more outfits :)
| millie / millipede |
| any / all | adult |
❤ metal ❤ re7 ❤
❤ 70's slashers ❤
sharks ❤ clowns ❤
❤ monster high ❤
snubbulls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby $moke » Fri May 10, 2024 2:09 am

10/10 this SLAPS .
All the boxes are CHECKED.
-Balanced design with soft color sheme that is super gentle to the eye?
-cool and unusual species?
- easy to recognize?
- dark x gold my BELOVED ?
- elaborate enough to be interesting, simple enough that getting him as subject for a commission or art trade doesn't count as assault?
- outfit that actually goes WITH and enhances the body design , instead of clogging it up or clashing, sth that can be tricky in anthros?
-black and white contrast?
All there .
This is just an extremely wellmade design that also happens to vibe with my personal aesthetic, what not to love.

How about him ?

Hes a semi anthropomorphic maine coon , in a setting similar to the ghibli film "the cat returns", so basically among humans/ in the human realm he appears as a regular cat but in their own realm , the cats are the people, with houses n stuff .
He's pretty fat and fluffy , loves his family (genetic and ungenetic, he adopts everyone he's a typical papa bear) , loves to swim and works as a doctor .

https://sta.sh/01fjf707tnv5
(Design and drawing by me)

𓆝𓆟𓆝amos|mouse &catfish dad|inactive |in love with the sea𓆝𓆟𓆞

let the waves take you where the light can not .
$moke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trafalgar » Sat May 18, 2024 8:53 am

[8/10]
I think he looks very cute, and I like his role in the story, his appearance fits very very well!!! I really enjoy his outfits too (especially his doctor one... it contrasts with his design wonderfully), and his scars/eyepatch/tattoo(?) also add a very nice nuance to his character. I'm also very biased because I am a big fan of split designs like these :3
The only reason I give him an 8 is because of how dark his design gets (this might just be my screen, but even with full brightness I have to strain my eyes to see the darker parts of his design, I can barely see the eyepatch and tattoo/marking on his right arm), but then again I suppose it also works to his advantage, gives him some sort of "edge" beyond just being a helpful dad.
i also greatly love the idea of this insanely fluffy cat swimming... immaculate

Ummm Katsu, my BNHA sona that I just redesigned after sitting and collecting dust since 2018 because. because. he's endearing to me
everything by me
Mute silences anyone whose voice he can remember, so it isn't range-dependent, per se, but if he doesn't remember their voice well enough it won't work if he can't hear them then and there (hence the voice recorders/headphones on his hero costume). He'll still be able to hear whoever he's silenced in his head, though with anyone that isn't Mic this is just a whisper at worst (but as he fine tunes his quirk it's a pure silence all around) He could also sap someone's energy but only if he could see them, I don't know if I'll keep this though...
Can work up to fully silencing everything around him, and can also use this on himself - including his footsteps etc etc

I'm reworking his lore so there isn't a lot to him right now. Admires Present Mic (largely because he's basically the exact opposite of himself) and his goal is to one day be able to fully silence him while Mic is using his quirk to its fullest power.
Here's all his old info for just some slight flavouring, and here's his old ref also for... comparison I guess.

I'm not really sold on his new hero costume. Realistically he'd want it to be a fursuit but there's no way they'd let him do that. I am just bad at designing outfits so...... would love some pointers....
dirk/law | he/it | tired "adult"

art shop
rest easy, Techno

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
trafalgar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups