Jellybean Dragon Center - Official Thread

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Jellybean Dragon Center - Official Thread

Postby kavlri » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:48 am

DeviantArt | Discord chat | Nursery | Main Adopts [CLOSED] | Fanclub | Nursery Archives | Archives | Ask.fm | RP Thread

Welcome to the Jellybean Dragon Center!

Jellybean Dragons (c) Hiccup/Dalmatier
Here, you will get to know more detailed information about the species.
Please enjoy your stay, and don't be afraid to ask questions or make suggestions!

If you are not familiar with this species yet, it would be awesome if you visit our adoptions,
and maybe even give one of them a new home! Just HERE to check out the JBD Nursery.

Rules regarding the JBD Center

To keep this thread nice and organised, and also to prevent another closure of this thread, please follow the rules accordingly. If you're unsure, feel free to contact one of the staff members.

★ This thread may be used for announcing adoptions/readoptions,
asking for form advice/aging help, and posting general questions.
★ Absolutely no spamming or off-topic posts that are unrelated to JBDs.
★ Any chatting/art sharing has to be done in the Fanclub
★ Roleplay search posts should be post in the RP Thread
Last edited by kavlri on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
kavlri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Jellybean Dragon Center - Rules

Postby kavlri » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:50 am

JBD Rules
By adopting from this species, you must acknowledge to these terms and conditions (rules)
Effective as of November 2011

General Rule
    ★ You may own a total of 10 JBDs, where at least 3 must be bought.
    ★ Respect artists/mods/other users. Harassment and rudeness will NOT be tolerated.
    ★ Any personal concerns should be voiced over PM.
    ★ Do NOT bribe.
    ★ Do NOT steal the other person's JBD or claim JBDs as your own.
    ★ Do NOT complain if you don't win.
    ★ No spamming
    ★ Do not ask to be an artist or moderator
    ★ We don't offer customs to the general public
    ★ If you are banned from the Jellybean Dragons we reserve the right to re-adopt your beans [Effective as of September 2014]

Gifting and Readoption
    ★Free adopt JBDs may NOT be sold for any type of currency (virtual or real world). They may not be traded for other characters, either.
    ★ Bought JBDs can be sold or traded for the same price as you bought it. [Effective as of 2016]
    ★ ALL giftings must be approved by the artist that designed the bean, or any current artists if the designer is no longer part of the staffs
    ★ There are no more 2-month grace period. However, you may NOT trade your beans away in order to free up slots for new ones.
    ★ You may put your JBD up for readoption, either by yourself or with a staff member assistance. Please note that the contest period may NOT be longer than 1 month.
    ★ Once the bean is put for readoption, you may NOT reclaim it.
    ★ In JBD adoptions where the contest holder did not judge the adoption for over 1 month after the closing date, the staffs reserve the right to judge the contest ourselves.

Aging
    ★ The bean may only be age 1 months after you own it, or 1 months between each age stage, counting from the day when the ref was posted. (e.g., the bean that aged into a teen on October 31st may be age into an adult on November 31st.) [Effective as of December 2016]
    ★ Any in-advance agings must be covered up
    ★ The edits on the beans may not grow proportionally larger as the bean aged, unless stated otherwise by the artist that designed the bean.
    ★ JBDs premade with YFS type B or C may NOT grow past the teen lineart.
    ★ YFS type B or C are non-removable, unless it is a nursery JBD where the YFS was added by the owner. You may NOT ask the artist to remove the YFS.

Breeding and JBD Nursery
    ★ The JBD must be owned by that owner for at least 2 months (1st gens) or 6 months (2nd and 3rd gens) before breeding.

★ The beans must be mates for at least 6 weeks

★ Both owners of the bean must be active/can be contacted before the ticket is post. The owners must also agree to post the ticket. This is to prevent the ticket being post without the others knowing.

★ The nursery ticket may NOT be swapped out for another artist, unless the artist you originally post ticket for is ok with it.

★ The parents owner may put the NB up for adoption and judge it themselves.

Nursery Orphans
    ★ 2 Orphan JBDs may be designed each month
    ★ Orphan JBDs are regarded as 1st generation, meaning that they have 4 breeding slots.
    ★ Orphan JBDs must be adopted by at least one adult JBD parent of any generation or YFS type.

Design edits & Reference sheet
    ★ The main lineart of the JBD may NOT be edit, unless it is done to fit the accessories, expression change, adding short beard, adding eyelashes or tufts (see below for more info on tuft edits).
    These edits are strictly prohibited:
      - Adding curly coat
      - Adding any fur edits
      - Change the pose of the JBD
      - Modify the fur type of the JBD (i.e. giving 'custom' fur)

★ You may NOT change the type of the JBD, unless you already discuss with the artist that design the bean and the current staffs beforehand.

★ Horns may be add to adult non YFS A/C beans. The horn type doesn't have to match the parents in case of NBs. However, you should have it approve by the artist first before posting.

★ Nursery JBDs may sometimes inherited custom horns from their parents. Before adding custom horn to the bean, you MUST first contact the artist for approval.

★ You may NOT edit the design of the bean at any circumstances.
    This includes, but not limited to:
      - Changing the shape, position, or size of the markings
      - Changing the colour of the JBD
      - Changing the eye colour, including the sclera (eye whites)
      - Add edits or custom horns to your bean

★ All transfers from DA to CS lineart MUST be approved by an artist. Do NOT change the ear, fur, tail, and horn type. There are items from events that allow you to do so.

★ Custom horns limitations are up to the artist that designs the bean. It is preferred that the shape and material are realistic. Generally, there should only be two horns on the head, unless otherwise stated by the artist.

★ Any old beans that were made with more than 4 fur colours may be revamped by an artist.

★ The reference may NOT be shaded. If you want to shade your JBD's reference sheet, please do it on gift lines.

★ Hiccup/Dalmatier's signature must be visible on ALL reference sheet/colour in of the main lines.

★ You may NOT draw custom linearts on the main lineart. This includes tracing or heavily editing Hiccup/Dalmatier's lineart.

Any unapproved edits must be removed

Hair and Fur edits
    Original post regarding the hair rule
    ★ Please note that hair edits are NOT allowed to be add to the JBD, except small tufts.
    You may NOT ask for long hair edits to be approved; it is not allowed.
    If any of your bean has tuft edit larger than these x x, unless originally made with hair or have hair made before the rule, you must have it removed or edit until it is of appropriate size. [Effective as of February 2014]
    (e.g. these two are an example of 'short' hairs that cannot be added to the bean)

★ If the bean was made with hair edits, you may NOT have it lengthen unless specify otherwise by the artist. This means, if the bean was made with tufts, it will not magically grow into a bang. Same applies to bangs; it'll not grow into long hair. If in doubt, contact the artist that design the bean.

★ The hair style may be altered as long as it stays the same length, and the artist approves it. The markings on the hair must stay the same. Dyeing or adding colours are NOT allowed.

★ Any large edits without proof of approval (screenshot) must be removed.
Last edited by kavlri on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:12 am, edited 9 times in total.
kavlri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Jellybean Dragon Center - Species Information

Postby kavlri » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:57 am

What are Jellybean Dragons?

Jellybean Dragons are fluffy, generally friendly dragons that hatch from a jellybean-like egg. Their diet consists of fruits and insects, but they also love sweets and desserts. Their fur is soft and long, usually brightly colored, neat and shiny. Jellybean Dragons are known for being gentle and happy, and loving attention. Most are Great Dane-sized when they are fully grown, but some of them can grow as big as a cow. All Jellybean Dragons have pouches on their bellies, which they use to carry around food or younger JBDs.

Jellybean Dragons are highly adaptable creatures, and they can live in the wild or among humans.

Those who live in the wild usually live in groups called "Jams", consisting from two to four families, though of course, the numbers may vary. Jams can also contain non-related JBDs. Usually, there is no problem in accepting new members in the Jam; the more the merrier! Jam members work together and support each other. Some JBDs may live alone (never completely isolated from other JBDs, though) or with a partner. "Jam" has also become a popular term for a group of domestic beans living under the same roof.

Due to their generally mild and friendly behavior, Jellybean Dragons make excellent pets. Most are eligible for adoption from a young age, but adult Jellybean Dragons familiarized with humans can be adopted as well. To keep your furry friend happy, it will need water, food, exercise, grooming, socialization, and of course, lots of love and attention. It is important that the owner knows what its JBD likes and dislikes as well. When pet JBDs don't get enough attention, they can get lonely and destructive. Don't be surprised to find your house in shreds if you leave your JBD all alone and bored during the weekend!

Jellybean Dragons are intelligent creatures as well as quick learners. Each individual has its own preferences, making it unique and different from the rest. Besides knowing their own language, Jellybean Dragons are capable of learning other languages and communicating with other animals in their environment, including humans. Some are even able to read, and enjoy literature.

Jellybean Dragons are unable to use magic, control the weather, have superpowers, shape shift, glow, or any other silly thing like that.

JBD Life

A Jellybean Dragon comes to this world by hatching from a jellybean-shaped egg, exactly a month after it is laid by its mother. This special egg is roughly bigger than a rabbit, though it is definitely heavier than one. Something curious about JBD eggs is that the egg shell's color matches the fur color of the baby it keeps inside. A baby JBD is born with no markings, though a week after it hatches, it will start changing fur, and its markings will appear (unless it turns out that it is Plain). The proud mother and father will take turns to carry the baby around in his or her pouch when they travel. The parents will feed their child with fruits or insects they collect, usually soft and tender, though the baby will have no problem chewing harder food since it is born with a set of tiny, pointy teeth.

Once the JBD reaches four years of age, it will be no longer considered a baby. Child JBDs will start socializing with other JBDs and other creatures. It will be allowed to travel outside the pouch, walking besides its parents or among other jam members. However, the joyous little fluffball will still enjoy a ride in the pouch. A child Jellybean Dragon is usually very active and curious, eager to discover everything in its surroundings, and it will dedicate lots of time to games or other fun activities to learn the basics. The parents will still collect food for the little one, though they will let it try other kinds of foods by its own, under supervision, of course. At this age, a JBD can also be adopted by a person or family.

Teen JBDs are best known for eating a lot. They grow the most during this stage, and prepare for adulthood. A teen Jellybean Dragon's anatomy may seem a bit strange and out of proportion, especially the long legs and body. They spend time trying out new things and meeting others, now with more freedom than before. They focus their learning on what they like, now that they have learned the basics, and seek out for new experiences. Besides this, they are also given the responsibility to help collect food for the jam (if it lives with humans, it won't have such responsibility). Looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend is pretty common during this age as well. Teens no longer fit in their parent's pouch, but they can use their own pouch to carry little sisters or brothers.

As it reaches its 20 years of age, as well as adulthood, the Jellybean Dragon will start developing its horns. Due to differences between JBDs, some might develop their horns later than the rest. If it hasn't started developing its horns by the age of 25, the JBD is considered to have Young Forever Syndrome (YFS). A JBD's horns don't stop growing, so the bigger the horns, the older the JBD is. An Adult JBDs seeks for a mate, and once it finds its "other half", the happy couple will mate for life.

Sizes according to Ages

Please note that sizes might vary due to differences between JBDs.
A JBD's average life span is from 70 to 80 years.

Egg/Baby
Average size: rabbit sized

Child
Average size: cat sized to Bulldog sized

Teen
Average size: Shiba Inu sized to German Shepherd sized.

Adult
Average size: Great Dane sized to cow sized.

Breeding

Adult JBDs mate for life. They are always loyal and supportive to each other.

The couple carefully builds a nest for the egg. They take turns to keep the egg warm. While one of them gets food, the other will watch the egg. They will repeat this process until the egg hatches.

A female JBD commonly lays one egg, though in some cases it can lay two. However, there is never a possibility that identical twins are born.

There is no established mating season, so JBDs are able to breed once every two months.
After mating, it will take a month for the female to lay the egg and another month for the egg to hatch. Once the egg is laid and it hatches, the female is ready to mate again.

JBD Curiosities

★ Jellybean, the first JBD, was created on Wed Jul 20, 2011 out of boredom by Hiccup. JBDs were actually named after him, and I later came up with the egg idea.
★ The second and third JBDs are Jellybean's siblings: Candycorn, owned by Mordacious, and Raisin, owned by -Kiley-. After the interest shown by CS users to own one of these creatures, I decided to make adoptables.
★ The JBD Adopts opened on Fri Nov 25, 2011. The first adoptable (Muffin) was designed by -Kiley- and adopted by SplashofOrangeJuice.
★ Currently, there are over 1500 JBDs running around. That's a lot!
★ Contrary to popular belief, JBDs don't have canine-like paws. Recently, JBD anatomy has changed, and is more dragon-like.

JBD Traits

These are traits that all JBDs share, unless noted.

★ JBDs have bright colored fur, unless it is Dark
★ A JBD's fur is usually long and soft. Its fur may be shorter if it lives in a hot area.
★ All JBDs have a furry upper lip.
★ JBDs have at least two stripes on their tail, unless it is short-tailed (ST) or Plain.
★ All JBDs feed on fruits and insects. If they live among humans, they also enjoy sweets and desserts. They may eat other foods as well, as long as it isn't meat.
★ All JBDs can breathe fire. However, they only use it as a source of light, to cook food, or to keep themselves warm.
★ A JBD's tail is as long as its body, unless it is ST.
★ All JBDs have a tuft of fur at the tip of the tail.
★ All JBDs have a pouch on their belly. They use the pouch to carry around food or younger JBDs.

Special JBDs

★ Dark colored: a JBD is considered Dark Colored if its main colors are dark. This coloration is rare. Usually, Dark JBDs are less social and/or cheerful than regular, bright-colored JBDs.
★ Plain colored: a Plain JBD will have no markings. These are known to be very rare.
★ Young Forever: some JBDs might have a syndrome called Young Forever Syndrome (YFS). This can affect them in different ways:
YFS type A
The JBD will not develop horns once it reaches adulthood.
YFS type B
The JBD will not reach adult size but still develop horns. It will be unable to breed.
YFS type C
The JBD will not reach adult size and it will not develop horns. It will also be unable to breed.
★ Short Tailed (ST): A regular JBD's tail is as long as its body. However, if it is Short Tailed, its tail will be half as long as its body, or even shorter. Furthermore, a ST might not have two stripes on its tail as the rest of JBDs.
★ Short-furred (SF): Most JBDs have abundant, long fur. Short-furred JBDs are less common, but not a rare sight. SF JBDs tend to have fluffier ears and tail tips than regular JBDs. They also have a "mane" running along the top of their neck.

JBD Type Guide

Base lineart (c) Hiccup, Guide created by imperfalence

Tiny horns - Curly/Ram horns - Wavy horns
ImageImageImage

Awwyeah horns - Silly horns - Lolwut horns
ImageImageImage

Short ears - Medium (curly fluff) ears - Long (long fluff) ears
ImageImageImage

Floppy ears - Fluffy floppy ears
ImageImage

Normal fluff - Curly fluff - Long fluff
Image Image Image
Last edited by kavlri on Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kavlri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Jellybean Dragon Center - Staffs

Postby kavlri » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:06 am

JBD Staffs

Species Owner

Hiccup

DeviantArt - dalmatier

'Official' Staffs
The remaining 'official' staffs of the JBDs after the closure of the Main Adopts, consisting of Nursery Artists

Peace-Colby
(Archivist)

Fanclub Staffs
These are the staffs that run the main JBD Fanclub.

Global Moderator

Chat Moderator

Last edited by kavlri on Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kavlri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Jellybean Dragon Center - Freebies

Postby kavlri » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:06 am

Free-to-Roleplay JBDs

These JBDs are considered our JBD 'mascots' or retired JBDs that are up for roleplay. They are not owned by anyone and do not have any base personality, so non-owners are free to use them to roleplay in the fanclub!
They may not find mates or be bred, however.

Mascots
Rainbow (♂/♀) - Tod (♂/♀) and Minrin (♀)
ImageImage

Roo (♂) - Evergreen (♂/♀)
ImageImage

Retired JBDs
Candycorn (♀) - Fanta (♂)
ImageImage

Dr. Pepper (♂) - Concord (♂)
ImageImage

Plum (♂)
Last edited by kavlri on Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kavlri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Jellybean Dragon Center - Adoptions & Readoptions

Postby jayus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:24 am

Open Adoptions!
This is where I'll link to beans that you can currently apply for.

Open adoptions
These beans haven't had a previous owner! They're usually nursery batches, or orphans.
Nursery batch #844 || non-owners/owners of one JBD ||June 18

Open readoptions
These beans previously had an owner, but now the owner is looking for a new home for them.
Ambrosia || no end date yet
Paiva || June 18
Last edited by jayus on Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 21 times in total.
jayus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Jellybean Dragon Center - Official Thread (No posting)

Postby Lady Masquerade » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:15 am

reserve in case anything is needed for here as well n vn <3
Lady Masquerade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Jellybean Dragon Center - Official Thread

Postby kavlri » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:33 pm

I guess I'll call this done for now. Open for posting!

on hiatus. previously Peace-Colby
jbd agings

(last update 5/10/2016)
If you want my JBD design transferred, you MUST ask me first!

ask.fm|deviantART|tumblr|flight rising
commission|characters|my JBDs
serrets|mippi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allinian » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:50 pm

marking <3
allinian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bison » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Marking~
Tamu | Kipper | Yubari | Makhata | Dip | Ulysses | Kallie | Corona

I used to be "ShortAxel" and "Princess Celestia"
Avatar by Celozon. Sig photos by me. Sig art by riddlestyx and Joojoo.
Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me