Khimaira Friesians - Fanclub

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

What type of Fantasy adopts to you want to see?

Domestic Animals (cats, dogs, bunnies, farm animals)
13%
Wild Animals (wolves, cougars, polar bear, lion)
18%
Ocean Animals (seal, whale, fish, shrimp)
7%
Scary Themed (demons, monsters, ghosts, haunted forest)
14%
Flowers (roses, sunflowers, pedals, lilies)
10%
Galaxy (stars, sun, planets, milky-way)
22%
Landscapes (desert, forest, ocean, mountains)
8%
Decades (40's, 50's, 60's, 70's)
6%
Surprise / I don't care / I don't know
2%
Other (pm L.V.L/post on fanclub)
0%

Total votes : 378

Re: Khimaira Friesians - Fanclub

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:00 am

Would this mean that if we have a VR custom that we want to sell, we can sell it in exchange for a main list or is this against the rules? o.o
    Also, how would we classify the VR custom with main list? Cause the main list is rather huge, would there be a difference between exchanging a VR custom for a below the gap main list and an above the gap main list?
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheUnsinkableShips » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:25 am

DarkestWerewolf wrote:
    Would this mean that if we have a VR custom that we want to sell, we can sell it in exchange for a main list or is this against the rules? o.o
    Also, how would we classify the VR custom with main list? Cause the main list is rather huge, would there be a difference between exchanging a VR custom for a below the gap main list and an above the gap main list?

I would say that it wouldn't work the same way, since it's mainly a way to get points, not pets.

I would agree though that there would have to be a way to differentiate between the different tiers of the list. You couldn't equate a main list above the gap to a main list below the gap.
▓▓ ████
▓▓ ─♔──
▓▓ ████
ImagexxxImage

𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄!
𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄!
𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄!
▓▓▓
▓▓▓
▓▓▓
▓▓▓

─────────┘
─────── 𝑺𝑾𝑰𝑴 ─ ⋯ ──
𝑰𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 ▓
x
▒▒▒▒▒▒
┌──┐┌─┐
└──┘└─┘

██

██
𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊! ▓
𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊! ▓
𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊! ─
┌─────────────┐

Hello there!
Call me Ships <3
I love drawing, horses,
and writing! If there's a
fandom, I'm probably in it,
and would love to chat
about it! Just pm!

└─────────────┘

Image Image
█ 𝐀𝐈𝐑
█ 𝐀𝐈𝐑
┌───────────┐
k~f - errp - rise - vok
boer - link - link - ©

└───────────┘
TheUnsinkableShips

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:36 am

I know there are plenty of places to verify list pets and such, but as an artist here who just “collects pets to collect” I personally have no idea or care to really keep up on what is a list pet or not. Rarity tiers, even with them having changed, are my only real way of telling apart one pet from another, and with sole pet trades which are considered fair compared to year + rarity.

I’m not personally going to be spending any time cross checking lists versus not lists, as I don’t have the time or patience to even do that for my own masses on my account. I can see the popularity this would bring to gain points again and, therefore, obtain customs but I’m on the side of the fence that is not interested if it’s going to be complex and time consuming to check everything. Khims is a large community, even with many members being quiet those that are not still make up for a hefty number; I can’t devote time to looking into pet trades for customs or pricing if “pet B” is being marked as a list pet and therefore worth a custom rather than a set amount of points outright.
Thiedall © HowlingHooves

Current Work:
Trotter stuff

«——————————»
Range Trotters
Acanthelle
Svedala Walking Equines
«——————————»
Adelaron Trotters
Adelaron SWEs
«——————————»

HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:04 am

I say if we end up having a pets for points system we just go by rarity of the pets. Ignore everything about lists and whatever other nonsense that's sprung up over the years.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PuppygirlWillow » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:27 am

HowlingHooves wrote:
    I know there are plenty of places to verify list pets and such, but as an artist here who just “collects pets to collect” I personally have no idea or care to really keep up on what is a list pet or not. Rarity tiers, even with them having changed, are my only real way of telling apart one pet from another, and with sole pet trades which are considered fair compared to year + rarity.

I’m not personally going to be spending any time cross checking lists versus not lists, as I don’t have the time or patience to even do that for my own masses on my account. I can see the popularity this would bring to gain points again and, therefore, obtain customs but I’m on the side of the fence that is not interested if it’s going to be complex and time consuming to check everything. Khims is a large community, even with many members being quiet those that are not still make up for a hefty number; I can’t devote time to looking into pet trades for customs or pricing if “pet B” is being marked as a list pet and therefore worth a custom rather than a set amount of points outright.

My assumption would be that Neri would be the only one to receive pet trades, or another reliable staff member who volunteers for the job. My suggestion was certainly not to be on a case by case basis to all artists at all. That's way too much! Pet trades are annoying normally, let alone trying to convert value.
Queen Chrysalis wrote:I say if we end up having a pets for points system we just go by rarity of the pets. Ignore everything about lists and whatever other nonsense that's sprung up over the years.

It would make it a hellovalot easier for whoever takes the pets.
OMGSR: 80.000 (lets be honest, this is probably never/very rarely going to happen)
Very Rare: 60.000 (Limit on 1-2 a month above here)
Rare: 30.000 or 20.000?
Uncommon: 5.000
Common: 2.000
Below common: 1.000?
Something like that? Again, just guessing on values.

Then rare and not-so-rare pets on each tier level are evened out.
PuppygirlWillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nikki6Ashba » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:33 pm

I think doing pets for points could make more hassle than benefit. It could end with swarms or unwanted pets being traded and end with people accumulating a massive amount of points, making items and customs far too common.

Art and design commisions are currently open for USD, for price quotes and intrest, message me on discord(Nikki6Ashba#6239)

CS Doodle commissions found here ^^

Pronouns-He/Him My WME-
-My DA-My Khims

Nikki6Ashba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovestruck » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Nikki6Ashba wrote:I think doing pets for points could make more hassle than benefit. It could end with swarms or unwanted pets being traded and end with people accumulating a massive amount of points, making items and customs far too common.

I agree, I’m thinking maybe only allow older rares for the trades, so there are no unwanted commons/uncommons, etc, if it did end up happening, so they’re worth something, because I could see a lot of people just bulk trading commons..

I think it would be a complicated system to work out, but I think in the long run it could be beneficial? I also think it would be nice if the artists could get a small cut of the pets, since it would probably mean a lot more customs that we’d have to design?

Is there any current way to earn points?
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ABeardedDragon » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:32 pm

I'm sort of interested in the pets for points idea? I don't really need to buy customs as an artist, but I'd love to buy some small items like dyes. Totally see why the rest of the community would want to be able to buy points though, since they and customs are harder to get now.

Going with PuppygirlWillow's 1 common or below = 1000 points, I have 657 pets in my trade groups and that's 657,000 points at least; and I spent most of my collection on an auction years ago. I think people would bulk trade pets, especially if they don't care about collecting anymore. If this was going to be a thing, I like lovestruck's idea of rares and above only. Rares aren't too hard to get around cs events, so people with few pets still have a chance of getting points.

For lists, I think it's fair to base the points off their list value, because some pets are 'worth' more than others, even if the list is a mess at the moment. Omgsr pets could all be the same value or valued more than what they might be on the list because they are a higher rarity, more valuable? Also if you didn't consider list values and you traded down a higher demand pet for multiple others with the same rarity, you'd be getting more points for the same worth; but I guess it's the same with any pet really.

Would points be able to be traded back for pets? It'd kind of suck if something happened you didn't want to be involved with khims anymore but couldn't get your pets back. I only trade things in for currency if I'm going to use it straight away, but I imagine some people would bulk trade a huge amount of pets with no idea what to spend their points on.

Would there be no chance of competitions coming back, say if someone else ran them and the bank, like another archivist sort of role?

@lovestruck - You can get points through runner-ups and from other people at the moment. I can't remember if there's any other ways available right now oops?
ABeardedDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:52 pm

I wouldn't do commons and down and nothing after a certain date ( like now I wouldn't let anything from 2016 to 2019 be accepted ) and then also only one of each pet? Or you can only send for a certain amount for a certain amount of time idk

I would say VR and up and list pets should be ok though for sure ( and then rares from later dates only ( like 2012 and older? Idk though)
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PuppygirlWillow » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:02 pm

lovestruck wrote:
Nikki6Ashba wrote:I think doing pets for points could make more hassle than benefit. It could end with swarms or unwanted pets being traded and end with people accumulating a massive amount of points, making items and customs far too common.

I agree, I’m thinking maybe only allow older rares for the trades, so there are no unwanted commons/uncommons, etc, if it did end up happening, so they’re worth something, because I could see a lot of people just bulk trading commons..

I think it would be a complicated system to work out, but I think in the long run it could be beneficial? I also think it would be nice if the artists could get a small cut of the pets, since it would probably mean a lot more customs that we’d have to design?

Is there any current way to earn points?

I like the rares and up idea, actually- it's a good point. And I'm more and more convinced that one person does the trades, but the pets go to the artists. It would just require coming up with some sort of reward system.
ABeardedDragon wrote:
I'm sort of interested in the pets for points idea? I don't really need to buy customs as an artist, but I'd love to buy some small items like dyes. Totally see why the rest of the community would want to be able to buy points though, since they and customs are harder to get now.

Going with PuppygirlWillow's 1 common or below = 1000 points, I have 657 pets in my trade groups and that's 657,000 points at least; and I spent most of my collection on an auction years ago. I think people would bulk trade pets, especially if they don't care about collecting anymore. If this was going to be a thing, I like lovestruck's idea of rares and above only. Rares aren't too hard to get around cs events, so people with few pets still have a chance of getting points.

For lists, I think it's fair to base the points off their list value, because some pets are 'worth' more than others, even if the list is a mess at the moment. Omgsr pets could all be the same value or valued more than what they might be on the list because they are a higher rarity, more valuable? Also if you didn't consider list values and you traded down a higher demand pet for multiple others with the same rarity, you'd be getting more points for the same worth; but I guess it's the same with any pet really.

Would points be able to be traded back for pets? It'd kind of suck if something happened you didn't want to be involved with khims anymore but couldn't get your pets back. I only trade things in for currency if I'm going to use it straight away, but I imagine some people would bulk trade a huge amount of pets with no idea what to spend their points on.

Would there be no chance of competitions coming back, say if someone else ran them and the bank, like another archivist sort of role?

@lovestruck - You can get points through runner-ups and from other people at the moment. I can't remember if there's any other ways available right now oops?

This. All this. I admit, I wrote the post this morning while on the way to work, and my mind wasn't really awake yet. XD Rares and up.

As for the competitions, I really enjoyed them, and, if it really came to finding someone to do it, I'm happy to put my hand up. But again, not being any sort of official staff there might be an issue, and perhaps it would be good for someone already established to do it. Ultimately, up to Neri.

Rescue2001 wrote:I wouldn't do commons and down and nothing after a certain date ( like now I wouldn't let anything from 2016 to 2019 be accepted ) and then also only one of each pet? Or you can only send for a certain amount for a certain amount of time idk

I would say VR and up and list pets should be ok though for sure ( and then rares from later dates only ( like 2012 and older? Idk though)

My thought was originally that there is a limit on how many pets/trades you can send a month. So maybe like maximum one list a month and then like, 5 rares or something? I have no idea, I'm just throwing it out there. Absolutely hellish day at work, and this is literally just me taking a deep breath.
PuppygirlWillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me