Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

Postby nindroidzane » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:03 am

Day 2
Username: nindroidzane
Clan link: FrostClan
Prompt:

If anybody in the Clan didn't like snow, they'd be having a miserable time. *cough cough Vipersong cough*

The snow is there year round, so at the very least, everyone can agree that it's a constant. A handful of cats were born up there in the cold, so they quite enjoy the snow - to them it's beautiful, sparkling under the sun, and they don't even mind the cold (if they aren't somebody who actively enjoys the cold).

Others don't mind it. It would be silly to live in a constantly snowy places if you didn't like the snow, wouldn't it?

Well, you would think so. And yet, some cats ended up here anyway, complaining about freezing their tails off everyday.

You could just leave, Vipersong, sweet pringles

[127 words]
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:15 am

Day 2
Username: MutatedCry
Clan link: Clan of Eternal Sun
Prompt:

The sun rose blinding white-hot, casting a reflection of itself across the desert. Where pale sand and dark brush had once stretched on for miles, there was now a stretch of white so bright it threatened to blind all who lay eyes on it.

Two sets of paws sank into the crust, the normal silence of pawpads against sand replaced with the crunching of snow. Pelts brushed against desert foliage and one turned, rising up on their hind legs to snag a low-lying sprig of buckwheat, pulling it down to the ground to inspect it.

The other cat stopped, turning around to watch his partner inspect the herb. "Any luck?"

Glassheart snorted, abruptly letting go of the branch, causing it to spring back up, catapulting snow. Thymeskip snickered, tail flicking in amusement as Glassheart stared off in the direction of the sound. "...No. It's like you guessed— the snow froze all the new growth. I'd be surprised if any herbs out there were still usable."

"Guess we'll have to be stingy then," Thymeskip sighed. "Someone's gotta tell Everstumble to try and be a little less clumsy for a bit."

The two were silent for a moment, as the wind blew steady across the desert, kicking up snow and ice instead of sand. A dark shape appeared on the horizon, standing out sharply against the blinding white, and Thymeskip raised a tail in greeting. "Obsidianwatcher's heading over here," He murmured to his partner, who stood up, ears pricked for pawsteps.

"How are the herbs?" They called out once they were in earshot, padding down the slope to stand by their Clanmates.

"Dead. Frozen." Glassheart replied brusquely. "I want to check some of the sagebrush by the Watching Stones, see if the rocks shielded the foliage at all. But the stuff out here is unusable."

Obsidianwatcher hummed thoughtfully, staring up into the sky. Thymeskip didn't even try to follow their gaze— the Watchers were always a little out of touch with the rest of them. "The Scavengers are saying much of the same. No food. Supplies will be scarce for a bit." They finally met Thymeskip's eyes, and the fur on the back of their neck rose at Obsidianwatcher's somber look. "I think this is an omen."

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wildsight » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:45 am

Day 2
Username: wildsight
Clan link: kingdom of khafra
Prompt:

fortunately for those of khafra, snow...doesn't really exist among the desert, so they really have no knowledge or opinions on such weather. however, if it were to happen, such would be seen as a bad omen. the freezing temperatures are enough of an obstacle, but a fluffy white substance that covers the golden earth they know and love, trapping the prey they seek and making daily duties more challenging then ever, it would be safe to say the kingdom of khafra would despise snow.
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shuurock » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:53 am

Day 2
Username: Shuurock
Clan link:The Pride
Prompt:

Sticky dug into the snow trying to clear out enough so he could dig through the human rubbish pile that often led to many treasures. Finally clearing out the snow they tried to dig into the dirt, paws met with rock hard ground. They hissed at the pile, this was the third hole they had dug and they were all impossible to dig into. The snows from winter made their job as scavenger impossible.

They turned around jumping through the tall snow, spitting out the bits that wound up in their mouth or nose. Sticky wormed themself through the tree that marked the entrance to camp and was immediately pelted with snow. “Ah! Sticky? We’re so sorry!” A small kitten crawled through the snow towards them, “We were just playing in the snow we didn’t think anyone would come in.”

Sticky sighed, they’d had enough of this white fluff. “It’s alright kits. Sticky’s just had a rough day. You seen Lion?”

The kittens nodded pointed to her usual roosting spot, up inside a tree, her pelt puffed up against the cold. Sticky hopped up the tree settling in next to her. “Surprised you’re up here, winds are cold up here.” A shiver ran through their fur.

“I still like the view.” Lion mewed, “Still too cold for digging I suppose?” Sticky nodded, “Such a shame. Snow makes this territory unbearable, we need to find a way to survive the winters out here or we’ll have to…” Sticky knew that face, Lion was thinking about giving up on the whole forest life thing. It wasn’t often she thought about it, but at times like these when every cat was hungry and tired it felt like they were better off on the streets where at least humans would feed them.

“We’ll figure it out Lion. We didn’t come all this way just to run away with our tail between our legs. Maybe we just need a new perspective of the territory! I’ll go out hunting, see if I can find some prey the others haven’t found yet.”

Lion looked at them, smiling a little, “Thanks Sticky. I know I can count on you.” She got up and stretched, shaking the branch slightly, “I’ll come with you. Two heads is better than one.”

(380 words)
Shuurock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:05 am

Day 2
Username: SushiFoxx
Clan link: https://toyhou.se/Sushifox/characters/folder:2183891
Prompt: MistClan rely's on the cold weather to refresh their land and bring more nourishment. Because after the fact that the other animals will have had time to reproduce, the herbs will be able to re grow after a cold winter. It also always brings the clan together which will help during the warmer moons. The tigher bonds within the clan helps to hunt the more populated prey and gather the herbs the medicine cats may need to heal any cats that may happen to get hurt.
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deercan » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:38 am

Day 2
Username: Deercan
Clan link: The Roundtails
Prompt:
New snowfall in the castle grounds tends to have different meanings for all in the group. For some of the more grumpier cats, this chilling weather may mean in increase in the daily complaining about cold paws and noses, much to the rest of the groups dismay. For young kits and squires however, this usually leads to excitement and curiousity for those experiencing their very first snowfall!
[67 words]
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinson » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:51 am

Day 2
Username: Vinson
Clan link: clan of the broken night
Prompt:

For the clan of the broken night, snow is rare - and so when it does show up, maybe once a year, it's usually an omen or a sign. While the city is used to wet winters, with lots of rain and a chill that can reach right down into your bones, the snow is thick and suffocating. It's usually turned brown and slushy by the second day it's been on the ground, but even as soon as it falls, there's just something...off about it. No more are the flakes that used to fall peacefully in the mountains. The snow here signals of harsh times to come, of something wrong. Something that needs to be fixed. The clan usually hides out in their den until it's mostly melted, as going out can be too harsh. The coldness seeps into your body.

Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

day two

Postby faelyn » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:52 am

day two
username: faelyn
clan link: faerie!!
prompt:
a hushed promise or a looming warning, what snow means to the kingdoms depends on the cat!! here are what some cats think of the winter months!

jae // "mesmerizing."
laurel // "seriously? it's snowing again??"
koa // "it's... snowing."
alida // *squeals*
cillin // "great. just great."
eli // "cool. now, where did we leave off?"

(found by aglassman!)
Last edited by faelyn on Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:56 am

Day 2
    Username: lovage
    Clan link: fogclan
    Prompt:
    snow is sure an unwelcomed yet usual sight in leafbare for fogclan. the snow always comes hard and fast upon the clan due to their location. the far north and and proximity to the mountains are what they call their home, so snow always comes regardless of how they feel about it. it is another one of the burdens of leafbare that come and go, and they always put up with it regardless of how they feel.
    [77 words]
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CloudedDiamond » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:59 am

Day 2
Username: CloudedDiamond
Clan link: Tribe of Endless Traveling
Prompt:

The Tribe doesn't value snow. While their forest tends to keep them well-fed through winter, none of the cats enjoy getting snow caught up in their fur, and the healer especially doesn't enjoy frosts and the cold killing most of the herbs she would love to gather. Regardless, snow isn't that often where they are. So when they receive it, they expect the winter to be harsher than usual.

Diamond | she/they/xe/ae | Aroace | EST

[TH] | [DA] | [FR] | [ArtFight]
[Commissions - Open] | [Stars]

[VOK] | [ToET] | [SparrowClan] | [The Flower Garden]
[Gentle Paws] | [The Lost River] | [CAC]
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups