[ Töfratré Event 2019 ]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

[ Fourth Prompt ]

Postby Half Tree » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:20 am

-----
FOURTH PROMPT
-----

Write or draw about your horse reacting to trick-or-treaters.

Non-owners may use my tolter Artagon and/or the Euphorian mascot, Prize.

countdown

Code: Select all
[u][center]FOURTH PROMPT[/center][/u]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Writing/Art:[/b] (500 minimum/coloured fullbody)
[b]Tolter/ERRP:[/b] (link either the stable or adoption page)
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ Töfratré Event 2019 ]

Postby BadgerBuddies » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 am

FOURTH PROMPT

Username: BadgerBuddies
Writing/Art:

Despite her spooky name, Phantom has never really been a huge fan of the Halloween season. She heard the humans and even some of the other horses refer to it as spooky season, which although she disliked, she did agree with, just not in the correct sense. For her, it truly was spooky season, and she would spook at things left and right until the first of November finally came around to save her.

Phantom had been rescued from Fallen Oaks Farms, the horrible farm featured earlier this year all over the news for the awful conditions and abuse the animals on the property had to suffer through for who knows how long. This trauma, paired with her slowly declining eyesight, Phantom could not help herself but to feel so fearful. The humans at Badger Buddies Ranch had been working hard to gain her trust, which they have successfully done, but some things still scare her. There was nothing she could really do about it, and the people of Badge Buddies Ranch just hoped that she would soon become accustomed to the festive decorations they had hung up around the property.

Paper ghosts billowing in the wind, scary witches riding their broomsticks, wooden black cats with their fur standing straight up in fright, and pumpkins with unfriendly faces carved into them. Phantom knew they weren’t real, but kept on spoiling at the decorations if she caught them out of the corner of her eye the wrong way. She would always laugh nervously once she remembered what she was seeing, but it didn’t ease her tension. She didn’t think it could get any worse, that is until the night of Halloween rolled around.

After being confined to one wretched stall for years, she had never experienced the holiday in its full glory, with many young trick-or-treaters traipsing from door to door in their elaborate costumes and makeup in order to obtain prized morsels of candy. If she thought the non-living decorations were scary, some of the costumes of the kids passing by was sure to terrify her. Once the first wave of kids came back with their clunky orange pumpkin shaped buckets and frightening costumes, Phantom booked it as fast as she could to the back corner of her paddock in fear. Her eyes were wide, ears on alert, her body stiff with head straight in the air; she was unable to focus on grazing or anything else with all the commotion.

A couple hours had already passed and Phantom was still having trouble calming herself down, since there was a constant flow of little ones in and out, each wave coming with new costumes to be spooked over. She remained huddled in the back corner of her paddock until she heard a commotion amongst the trick-or-treaters.

Against her instincts, she trotted back over to the section of fence line near where the children were walking up to get their candy. She had heard a terrified scream of a little girl, and that was all she needed to rush in and be brave. A little boy in a creepy clown mask was bothering her, scaring her on purpose, and would not leave her alone. The little girl was in a pink dress and wore a sparkly tiara atop her head, a glittery wand in her hand no longer waving with magic. She had tears rolling down her cheeks as she ran to escape the boy dressed as a scary clown.

Phantom put her head down through the fencing, and reached her nose out towards the girl. The girl paused, and instead of continuing to run, she approached the mare, gently patting her soft nose. Phantom could see the tears had stopped, and now the girl was smiling at her. She looked back over at the boy in the clown mask, trying her best to hide her nerves in hopes of protecting the little girl. To her surprise, the little boy was now cowering behind his mother’s leg, crying as the little girl he had been antagonizing had been. Phantom chuckled to herself for a moment. I guess he was as afraid of her as she was of him!

Tolter/ERRP: Phantom
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:13 am

FOURTH PROMPT

Username: DarkestWerewolf
Writing/Art: (540 words)
    Ambrosia presses her ears back. It was that time of the year again. The odd tradition that the owner and stable-hands get excited and scramble about for. What was it again? Hallo-wheat? Hello-win? Ah right. Halloween. Every year, some time mid-autumn, after the last leaves of the trees have fallen and the last of the green grass has shrivelled up into dried, brown grass, odd things happen.
    First of, a sudden spike in pumpkins. Not just for eating too, they hallow them out and stick candles in them. Ambrosia thought they look good when it goes dark and the candle illuminates the pumpkin from within but isn’t it better when it’s in her stomach, like the cinnamon pumpkin cookies? The mare usually avoided participating in the yearly tradition, much to the chagrin of her herd mates. However, she lost a bet this year, resulting in her having to participate. On the day of Halloween, all participating horses line up along the fence of the pasture, awaiting decoration. Some would be simple and just have some decorations placed on them and their mane or tail being styled while others would be more intricate, having body paint and even special kinds that glow in the dark or under black light. As the stable-hand approached the next horse, she was shocked. Ambrosia has never participated.
    “I’ve been planning this for years!” The stable-hand squealed.
    A little ball of uneasiness formed at the pits of Ambrosia’s stomach. What was she talking about? Why years? The mare saw the stable-hand gather up a bunch of paint brushes and a tub of animal-safe white body paint. The mare stood still, uneasiness and excitement building up. Finally, after the final brush has been listed from her body and was given the green light, the mare hurried to the mirror that the owner wheeled out for this exact purpose.
    Ambrosia almost couldn’t recognise herself. Her lacing markings have been painted on, making it look like cobwebs. It was eerie yet beautiful. A gush of excitement filled her. All her friends were stunned and complimented her. As evening, she came to realise that she started to stand out more. The paint glows. Just then, she heard kids coming up the dirt path. People of all ages started to crowd the stable. The kids rushed to the paddock. As they approached, they were all taken aback by Ambrosia. Gasps filled the air, followed by shouts and giggles. They were so amazed by how beautiful Ambrosia was. The mare practically had the spotlight the entire time.
    Ambrosia was rather awkward to have so much attention on her all of a sudden but welcomed it graciously. The kids loved her and they were all dressed as rather cute creatures as well. Some were wolves and one even wore a pumpkin over his head. How odd. The kids were strange but still rather adorable. They headed towards the owner where they were given candy. Ambrosia and the other horses were also showered with a lot of pets aside from compliments. It was amazing. She has been missing out on this for so many years.
    As the last of the crowd left, Ambrosia sighed. She was definitely doing this every year from now on.
Tolter/ERRP: Ambrosia
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exotica. » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:54 am

FOURTH PROMPT

Username: Exotica.
Writing/Art:
    The barn was blasting Spooky Scary Skeletons on repeat the entire day of Halloween. Everyone was running around setting up decorations, and painting cute designs on their horses! This was the first annual Elysian Eventing Halloween Party and everyone was invited, riders and non-riders alike! At 6 o’clock, the guests started rolling in, all dressed up in their costumes. Then later at 6:30, the town’s weather alert system went off, signifying that trick-or-treating had begun!

Queen was rolling around in the pasture as the weather alert system went off. She immediately stood up, looking around curiously. She paced around the pasture nervously for a few minutes. Shortly after, she began to relax, but then… the creatures arrived.

The first few creatures showed up, running down the driveway of the barn, holding strange bags in their hand. Queen took off running at the first sight of them. She started calling as loud as she could, hoping that someone, anyone, would come and save her from the scary monsters! The monsters turned and saw her panicking in the pasture and came closer to see what was happening.

Queen took a quick look at them and saw the gory, bloody, deformed faces of the creatures. One’s jaw was hanging off their face, barely hanging on by one side, the other was missing an eye. They were a strange pale green color, like nothing she had seen before. She spooked again, frantically calling out, galloping around the pasture as fast as she could.

The more she ran around frantically, the more monsters appeared, all watching her, making strange noises in response. She stopped galloping for a minute to breathe, and looked at all these new creatures. There were skeletons, witches, vampires, werewolves, every terrifying monster known to man, and they were all stood right outside her pasture.

One of the werewolves opened up their mysterious bag, reached their hand in, and pulled something out. It was too small for Queen to see, but a very familiar scent filled her nostrils as the wind blew toward her. Her eyes widened, her ears perked up, and she slowly, nervously, started making her way toward the vampire. They opened their hand to her, exposing the sweet treat she knew all too well. A red and white peppermint laid in their palm. Cautiously, Queen stuck her nose through the fence, and into the palm of the little vampire’s hand, grabbing the mint. Once her teeth were around the mint, she quickly retreated back into the middle of the pasture, back turn toward the monsters, and ate it. When she turned back around, more of the creatures were rustling through their bags and pulling out mints. She cautiously made her way back over, confused by the kindness of the creatures.

Just as she got back to the fence keeping her safe from the monsters, one of the skeletons reached up to their neck and pulled off a mask revealing their face. Queen immediately turned around and started running again. She ran for another five minutes, until finally she had calmed down. As she turned back around to look at the fence, she saw that all the monsters had taken off masks revealing the faces of a bunch of children. Queen was even more confused than before, but all the kids were still holding out mints for her. She walked over and went from hand to hand taking the mints and chomping them up.

The owner of the barn came out with some treats of her own. She stood with the children, holding a bag filled to the brim with apples and carrots. She handed them out to the kids next to her and told them to pass them around. Everyone took turns feeding Queen carrots and apples, completely gaining her trust. The owner stroked Queen’s face, calming her down even more, and making her completely relaxed.

Halloween may not have started off well for Queen, but by the end of the night she had decided it would be called “Treat Night” based off of the amount of treats she got from the barn owner and the kids that stopped by. She can’t wait until Treat Night next year!
    [700/500]
Tolter/ERRP: Queen
Last edited by Exotica. on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Exotica. | She/Her | Henlo :3
Not on too often anymore
My ADHD will bring me back
Feel free to PM me anytime!
ERRP KF RT BRT Toyhouse

🌿🌿🌿
Exotica.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinson » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:54 am

FOURTH PROMPT

Username: vinson
Writing/Art: (522 words)

The first time Asteria was around humans for Halloween she was a few year old, grazing in the pasture near the ranch house. It was a pleasant night, the air cool but not windy, the moon shining, nearly full, above in the dark and starry sky. Her coat was bright white and stood out like a ghost in the moonlight, and there were a few children beginning to walk up the gravel path to the house, and Asteria watched them carefully. They had strange clothing on, some in adornments and jewelry, others in jumpsuits, sheets, every sort of clothing one could imagine. She wasn’t sure what to think about them, so she simply watched and waited. They all carried little buckets with them, one or two had pillowcases. One by one, a few in groups, they went up to the front of the house and rang the bell. One of the owners came out with a smile, dropped some sort of treat into the children’s buckets, and then closed the door. The children walked away happy, swinging their buckets.

Asteria huffed. She wanted a treat too! She looked around, trotting around the pasture to try and find something that could hold a treat like the children had. Eventually she found a little red bucket, a little messy from being left out in the pasture, and she lipped it into her mouth. Proudly she carried it over to the gate, dropped it, and stood trying to open the latch on the gate. It took her a few tries, but eventually she managed to get it open and shuffle her way through it after picking up her bucket. Sure, she didn’t have a costume, or jewelry, but she figured the bucket should be enough. Asteria felt very proud of herself as she walked calmly over to the ranch house, stopping in front of the door. She banged her hoof against the door once, twice, three times, then waited. Then the door opened, one of her humans came out, and she couldn’t believe the look on their face! She held out the bucket and her human laughed, stroking her gently on the nose. Asteria turned her head away, eyeing her human as no treat was presented to her. She was led back to the stables, into her stall, and let her human pet her nose again. She was left alone for a few minutes while her human rummaged around, seemingly searching for something, and then she smelled something delicious. A treat was presented to her, and not so gently Asteria took it and and mashed it in her mouth. Delicious! A pumpkin and molasses treat, a little cookie, and all it took was a bucket and a knock on the door. Maybe she would try it again, when the children showed up in their costumes, carrying their buckets with them. Then she thought- maybe she would try and have a costume too! Perhaps a ghost, like how her coat appeared to those around her. A sheet over her back, a bucket in her lips, and perhaps a tasty treat at the end of the night.

Tolter/ERRP: asteria
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Event Close ]

Postby Half Tree » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:21 pm

-----
EVENT CLOSE
-----

Massive apology for the poor event execution guys! The next event from either species will be better planned out we promise. <33
It's been decided we'll be closing the event early and giving out full customs as prizes instead of token-limited customs.
I'll be listing all participants with what they've won, those that participated in the guessing game will be getting corresponding vouchers. Vouchers can only be used with tolters and can be applied to breedings or customs. The ERRP customs will not count towards your monthly limit!
Tolter items can be used once input into the Challenge Centre bank. For ERRP's link this post when using the custom so the artist knows you aren't going over your limit in the month! Participants are more than welcome to trade the customs/vouchers they won between species just make sure to post on this thread to update me!
Thank you so much for participating guys I loved seeing your art and reading your stories. The character growth for your horses was wonderful and I hope you guys had fun despite the hiccups in the plans!

Namida_☾
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
    Vinson
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
      1x Grey Voucher
      1x Dilution Voucher
    Seven of Sushi
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
    aray17
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
    Exotica.
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
      1x Pangare Voucher
      1x Single Dilution Voucher
    paradise,
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
    BadgerBuddies
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
    Livalathia
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
    DarkestWerewolf
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
      1x Lacing Voucher
      1x Grey Voucher
      1x Appaloosa Voucher
    Nocsokol
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
    JerseyDusk
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
    ♔Voltaire♔
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
    conversett
      ERRP Full Event Custom
      Rare Trait Tolter Custom
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinson » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:52 pm

I will be trading my ERRP custom to BadgerBuddies for her tolter custom <3
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exotica. » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:37 pm

I will be trading my Rare Trait Tolter Custom, Pangare Voucher, and Single Dilution Voucher to Nocsokol for their ERRP custom! <3
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Exotica. | She/Her | Henlo :3
Not on too often anymore
My ADHD will bring me back
Feel free to PM me anytime!
ERRP KF RT BRT Toyhouse

🌿🌿🌿
Exotica.

My pets
My items