VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 16

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread

Postby Yugi » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:25 am

Prompt 1 - Favorite Summer Hobby(s) or Activity(s)
username; Yugi

Hanako with his pet beetle enjoying their time on the island shore.

Umiko cooling down by exploring the wonders beneath the water's surface.

Scylla cooling off in the rain while enjoying her time sitting on the soft grass near the ocean.
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
xxx
x

Yugi | She/They | Biracial Asian
Digital Artist x 3D Hobbyist x Live2D Animator
xxx
Image Image
ImageImage
xxx
World's shortest cyberpunk 🤘

Daylight's not for me 。。。
That's why I'm nocturnal

ImageImage
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:02 pm

username; Mint Chip
Catching fireflies before a date.

Spending the day with Falla and playing in the rain a bit before taking shelter for a bit to listen to her stories.

But really for Caelum any activity that involves spending time with Falla is his favorite.

Last edited by Mint Chip on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kydashing » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Username; Kydashing
(This has my Carter and Strudel's Monroe with their permission to draw :)) (Art by me)
(Carter LOVES karaoke and has a blast going with Monroe. They even won a trophy and contest for the best duo to sing!)
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░

══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══
L I N K S ::
[My Trello/Art progress]
[My DA]+[My Viscets]

B L U R P S ::
Thank you tenlittlesoldierboys
For your help with my
signature!
All rights go to Warner Bros.
+ J.K. Rowling
PFQ! Click Here For MEH?
══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══

░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
Kydashing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macyduke » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 pm

username; Macyduke

Jackie Roderick Oren Runic Nellie Aria

Roderick muttered a few words, some latin and some originating form another dialect he wasn't sure of. In an instant the air around him cooled. As useful as casting the cooling spell had seemed, its effect was more or less blocked by his fur. A low growl escaped him as he ran his claws through his mane. "It's no good." He mumbled as he opened the door to his room, heading down the hall and out into the living room. There he could see Jackie sitting in front of not only one, but three large fans, all of which were going at full speed. She seemed to busy at work to notice him checking in on her. Just a little ways down the hall he could just barely hear the shower running. He rolled his eyes, fully aware that this was Oren's fourth shower today. "Hey buddy." Rick said. After a few moments without a response he left the hallway and plunked himself down in front of the fans.
"Hey!" Jackie said removing an earbud. "I was using that."
"You've got all the fans in the house- but that's besides the point. You wanna go to the pool?" He asked, pushing her laptop closed.
"Rude." She said, reopening the device. "Not really."
"Nonsense. It's too hot to sit inside without air conditioning and all these things are really doing is pushing around hot air. Come on it'll be a nice little outing." He said closing the laptop once more, this time holding it down so that she couldn't open it.
"Can't you just cast a spell to cool us down?" She growled.
"To irritating to continue to casting those every few minutes-fur's to thick to let much of it in anyways." He answered.
"For you maybe. Now let go." Demanded the smaller cet.
"No." Roderick narrowed his eyes, his patients beginning to run thin in the heat.
"Rick I swear to-" She started, her lip curled into a snarl.
"Whoa whoa whoa. What's going on here?" Both cets turned to see the mostly blue get with a towel wrapped around his waist.
"Rick won't let go of my computer!" Jackie said pulling her computer away from Roderick.
"Rick leave her computer alone." Oren said sternly.
"I was just asking if she'd like to go swimming at the pool." Rick said standing so as to block at least one of the fans completely. He crossed his arms, his noise twitched uncontrollably as he stifled a snarl.
"That's a great idea. Jackie why don't you see if Aria wants to go swimming to? We'll head to the pool. In half an hour." Oren stated. Rick smirked at his younger sister.
"But dad!"
"No butts. It'll save me some money on electricity if we shut those things off and head out to the pool" He said disappearing down the hall towards the master bed room.
Jackie shut her computer, furious. She glared at him as she walked past him, had he not taken a step back she would have rammed her should right into him.
Rick fallowed his younger sister out of the room, passing her as she shut her door. He pulled out his phone out of his pocket as he entered his own room, not bothering to shut the door behind him. He sent Nellie a text asking if she and Aria would like to go to the pool with the three of them-not including Runic, from what he guessed, neither of them knew a thing about the norse ghost. While waiting for a response, Rick shut the door and changed out of his shorts and into his dark blue swim trunks, throwing a loose blue wife beater over his shoulders. His phone dinged. Unlocking the phone, he read her message; Oren just texted me the same thing. Sounds like fun.
"Guess he didn't think she'd text Aria either." He muttered.
"Ready?" Oren said poking his head through the door. Rick raised his eyebrow, looking up from his phone.
"Yep."

~~~~~

Half an hour later, they rolled into the parking lot. Oren tucked the towels under his arm, grabbing their pool bag with the other hand. He passed the bag to Jackie, rummaging through his wallet for the cash for the fee. He paid the man at the gate and they were allowed to enter. Jackie handed the bag of pool toys to Roderick before making a mad dash towards the water.
"There's a bunch of seats open on the other side of the pool." Oren observed, unaware of the fact that Rick had already taken off in the same direction Jaclyn. Now that he'd had time to cool off, Ricky actually felt kind of bad about letting the heat get the best of him, though he was sure she was being just as-well that's a word for another age group- one above Jackie's. Runic had probably egged her on in some sense. He waded through the water slower than his sibling had, having watched her run to fast into the water, the difference in momentum causing her to tumble over. She pushed herself back up to her feet and continued till it was deep enough to swim on all fours. Unfortunately for her Roderick had already caught up to her. Digging one of his paws into the water, he flung the water towards her. The brunt of the splash hadn't reached her, but after a few of the drops pelted the back of her ears she dived down under, swimming away from him while doing her best to kick water back at him. He lifted his arms to block her counter attack, but knew that whatever attempt he made would fail miserably. She popped up a few feet away, not giving him the chance to recover much from the water she'd kicked at him.
When splashing got boring, they retrieved the sinker toys from the pool bag and took turns throwing and retrieving them, while Oren floated around the lazy river. A few minutes after they'd started with the sinker toys, a pair of familiar cets entered the pool. In an instant Aria was scampering towards them, only to adjust her speed after being yelled at by the life guard. Nellie headed over to the other side of the pool to drop off their stuff by Oren, Jackie, and Rick's, before going to join them in a game of keep away with one of the toys she'd brought. They handed her the sinker toys, which she tossed into their bag before jumping into the water. At first they kept the ball away Nellie, who was a little ticked that she was first because she was last in the water, then Jackie, Aria, Jackie, Nellie, Jackie, Aria, and then Roderick because they got sick of him not being it. After while Aria and Jackie wandered away to play freeze tag with some of the other viscetlings in the pool, and Nellie and Rick headed over to the lazy river, where Oren had fallen asleep, sunglasses over his eyes.
"There are two stars in the sky, and they're both planes."

Really though, just *Incoherent screaming*
Macyduke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby finifugal ✨ » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:55 am

username; finifugal ✨
{words - 1500/1500}
marlowe and zenith owned by me ( + cameos by some of my other viscets! )

Marlowe swiveled his ears, tentatively stretching his senses out. Calls of excited viscets close and far, waves splashing against the battered sand grains and receding quietly, the wind roaring in his ears. The salty scent of the ocean mingling with the clear tang of the breeze heading out to sea was enough to instill excitement in anyone, and the tropical viscet was no exception. Marlowe grinned, squinting into the sun. He could feel it beating down on his rough coat, as well as the grainy sand that clung to his underbelly.

Marlowe dragged his tail limply through the sand, eyes focused on the sweeping motion. Everything was peaceful in its own chaotic way, he had learned, and it was best to relax and go with the flow of things. It wasn’t until a viscling darted too close, kicking up sand, that he finally moved, stretching his hind legs. He staggered to his feet, shaking off the sand that would come and giving the wet clumps still caught in his fur a playful grin. Maybe a quick swim would help loosen the sand. That would at least make grooming himself later easier. Besides, swimming was easily one of his favorite activities, no matter the season.

Summer had come again, and Marlowe’s homeland of Makti was more packed than ever. Being the only populated tropical island around, it was a popular place to vacation, especially in Summer. This was one of Marlowe’s favorite times of the year, seeing all the new faces relaxing and enjoying themselves. He usually served as a greeter, welcoming in the vacationers as they exited the boats and showing some of them around the village, but today he was taking a break to take in the sun and exciting atmosphere surrounding the beach.

Marlowe strolled leisurely towards the ocean, taking care to avoid the many viscets dotting the sands. He was in his element now, the sand under his paws and the water in front. The viscet was almost to the ocean when a blur of colors shot in front of him, causing him to stumble backwards. “Sorry, ’Lowe!” a familiar voice called out, though not bothering to stop or even slow down. Marlowe grinned after her- a warm, loving type of smile. Zenith’s antics always brought him joy, though he shook his head lightly at her retreating form.

Zenith had shown up months ago, and after a rough meeting, the pair had hit it off quickly, and now Marlowe was a sort of father figure to her. The young viscet was a traveler, and while she claimed her ’base of operations’ was Makti, she had been spending less time on the island and more time running off on adventures. Well, that said, he really couldn’t blame her, since that was what she had been doing before they met.

Marlowe finally reached the shore and stood there for a moment, letting the waves lap at his paws. The water felt good; nice and warm, as usual. He started forward with slow steps, feeling the bottom start to slope down until there was a sharp incline that he was ready for. Marlowe kept walking, past the incline, and stopped as the seafloor began to level out again. This was one of his favorite spots in the ocean, where the water was just up to his chest. Small salty waves licked at his fur, inviting him to come deeper in.

Marlowe plunged his head under for a moment and then brought it back up, shaking off droplets of water with a huge grin. Man, that felt good! After a brief pause, the vicset dove back under and this time began to snake forward in the water, using his long tail as a rudder. It wasn’t the most efficient way to swim, but he made it work. He kept going for another foot or two before resurfacing for air. Marlowe could feel shells under his feet and realized he had already headed a bit too far towards the shore. Back out it was, he supposed.

He took a moment to glance around at all the viscets in the water and on the shore, letting the sun bake his fur. Then, he was off again, as if he belonged to this watery world. Marlowe swam for about an hour, having forgotten the reason he had ever entered the water, like usual. When he finally dragged himself out of the ocean, his fur heavy with water, he at least realized that most of the clumpy wet sand had washed off.

Marlowe made his way back to a rock on the edge of the beach, flopping down onto its warm surface. This was the place he usually came to relax and drink in the sunlight. He hadn’t been laying on it earlier just so that it would be warmer when he got out of the water. Marlowe rolled onto his belly, and while it wasn’t the best position to bask in the sun, it did allow him freedom to do his favorite Summer activity- viscet watching.

To some, it may seem rather silly that Marlowe’s favorite thing in Summer was laying around and watching others have fun, but it had always excited Marlowe. He loved to glance into a part of their lives from the outside. Marlowe usually made stories to go along with what he saw, giving insight into the unknown aspects of their lives.

Like, by the large snack bar run by a few of the locals, a viscet that caught his eye was just approaching. She bore a pretty, blue-and-green pelt, and looked like she was having the time of her life in a casual, almost detached way. A pair of dark sunglasses were perched on her face, but it couldn’t hide the grin on her face- that I-may-be-excited-but-I’m-still-cool type of grin. The female said something to a viscet serving today, striking up a conversation as he bustled around, making whatever she had ordered.

As the unfamiliar viscet eventually meandered off carrying a coconut-shell drink, Marlowe couldn’t help but flash a quick smile. This was his favorite part, for sure- getting to make up stories. He imagined that this viscet- hm, let’s call her B (Marlowe never tried to guess names) -was coming to the island for a long-needed rest from her job. She probably worked harder than everyone else, always trying to impress everybody higher up. Or, maybe she was the boss- yeah, that seemed to fit.

B probably worked for some mundane company, something out in the city on the mainland. But, maybe she had a secret. Maybe B was a strong-willed saleswoman by day, but at night she was the city vigilante. She keeps her identity a secret, to avoid public recognition. Fighting crime and keepng the city safe was what it was all about for her.

Oh, and look at that family! At least, it looked like a family to Marlowe. Two female viscets were walking together, sides brushing, while a younger-looking male trailed after them, looking like he’d rather not be there. He looked like a Y, while the cream female was H, and the green-and-black female was F. The pair looked to be enjoying themselves, trying to point out all the new sights to Y, who didn’t seem to care. They definitely seemed like they came from the city, or maybe the countryside.

Perhaps they were here for an anniversary, and they brought Y along with them. Or, even better- they were all undercover. H, F, and Y all worked for some secret group, and they were under orders to keep tabs on someone. Y didn’t think that they would discover anything and hated warm weather, so of course he was sulking, but H and F were really enjoying themselves. They seemed to be genuine lovers rather than faking it to avoid attention.

Aha, and in the water! Two more viscets, a zebra-striped female he’d call C and a brown-splotched male that could be R. The pair were splashing water back and forth at each other, laughing up a storm. Perhaps they were lovers too, trying to have a nice vacation together. They both seemed a bit out of place, however; C seemed to be getting overheated easily, and R was distracted by the sheer volume of the ocean.

Perhaps the pair were travelers from another universe! Or, they could even be aliens! Aliens from another planet, somewhere cold and dry. They seemed to be having too much fun to be here on any kind of serious business, so maybe that meant they were just visitors to this planet.
He knows his tales are rather outlandish, but he they give him enjoyment, amusement. Viscet watching provides Marlowe a way of connecting bridges together, even if only for a short while. It’s a fun past-time, and just another part of an ideal Summer day.

Marlowe rolled onto his side, stretching, before noticing a darkly-furred viscet.

What could his story be?

━━━━━━━━━━
heyo, i'm fin! i an currently on an indefinite hiatus, though one day I hope to find my way back. if you ever find yourself needing me, you can send me a pm, though a response might take awhile. i’ll try to pop in every now and then when i’m able!

finifugal ✨

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt 1

Postby Vixen Luo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:37 am

username;; true knight

1500/1500 wrote:Yuri had never much been a fan of summer when he had lived on his own as an adolescent.
    It was always a hot, brutal season that made sweat stick to his every inch of skin, heat cripple his drive to work, and raised aggression between the others in his home village. In the past, it had been a season he thought lowly of.

However, with the arrival of his children, he had come to understand what there was to enjoy about it.
    Jude had been hatched on the first blazing heat of summer, his snowy pelt a stark contrast to the bright greens of the forest and grass and the smooth, hot sand near the beach. His soft blue head had poked up, eyes still struggling to open, while Emilia poked at her brother, trying to nose him to his feet before his tender paws were ready. Yuri could still remember the squeal of protest that had left his quietest child, with a pang of nostalgia.

His children were bigger now. Rather, most of them were. Emilia and Morri were nearly old enough to have their own visclings,
    but Jude was still his baby -- and Yuri still loved to let them all play in the sand together. Distantly, he wondered if his gray-blue eyes were glowing with pride and affection as he watched Jude poking his small nose into a hermit crab hole, Morri encouraging him with a grin on his muzzle before Emilia cuffed him over the ear and nudged the small, snowy child away to go play with the water instead.
    The squeaks of laughter coming from his normally quiet child comforted him as Jude splashed in the water with his eldest sister,
    splattering her glittery pelt with equally glittery water while she yelped in surprise and playfully pushed him deeper into the waves. Yuri's heart nearly stopped as Jude's head disappeared underwater -- but then resurfaced soon after with his mane thick with water, his little eyes glittering with uncharacteristically playful revenge as he scrambled to crawl onto Emilia's back to wet her just as much as she'd wet him.

Relief settling into him, Yuri turned his head to watch Morri as he started packing together a sandcastle with the help of Evanlyn,
    his adopted daughter. She was far more focused than her brother was, a concentrated gleam in her eyes while her paws firmly pressed sand together to strengthen their beginning tower while Morri found shells and a hermit crab, as if to make it the resident of their castle. Evanlyn rolled her eyes, a dim gleam of amusement hidden within them as she went back to work, starting on a smaller tower connecting to the thick base.
    Although they were older, Yuri still carried a special affection for each of his children, one that wouldn't fade; Evanlyn had an undeniable independence that Yuri admired, for it was something he had never been capable of on his own. Morri had a very adventurous spirit, almost the same one that had gotten Yuri wrapped up in the affairs of so many others when he was that age. Emilia was strong-willed, and Yuri was more than certain that she had adopted that from Flynn, because it had never been something Yuri's meek soul had carried. Finally, Jude carried most of Yuri's issues; he was dependent, he was uncertain about most things, he was shy, he was quiet, he was sensitive...and that was what worried Yuri the most.

Yuri blinked as he felt another warm body sliding up to curl next to him, glancing over and softening his tensed muscles as he recognized Flynn, his blond-maned mate.
    "Why don't you head inside the cave? It's hot outside. I'll keep an eye on them for you," he murmured, and Yuri shook his head; instead, he shifted to lean into Flynn comfortably despite the heat, nuzzling into his cheek.
    "Watch with me," he answered simply, and he got his way without much of a problem.

As they lay wrapped up in each other's embrace, they murmured together and watched their children play -- and Yuri understood there that Flynn was just as drawn to their family as Yuri was -- even if Flynn was terribly intimidated by children, even after starting such a large family.

"Flynn, I want another," Yuri suggested gently, his eyes still on Jude while his long ears twitched. He felt Flynn's disbelieving stare for a long moment before the blond's warm breath stirred his mane softly in a sigh. He knew where this was heading already.
    "We have one between us already."
    "I never see her."
    "We know where she lives. We can visit..."
    "But we don't."
    "Yuri, we can send for her, then. You know they'll all lead lives of their own someday, and you won't be able to see them every day when you want. We can't just..."
    "...I understand." Yuri let the discussion sink, wishing to enjoy the afternoon instead of arguing. Flynn had been awkward around their children at first, despite being good at raising them, but Yuri wished that he had as much of an affection for children as he did. To Yuri, there was nothing better than raising little ones and watching them grow into fine adults with families of their own. However, he would not dare disturb the comfort of his mate for his own needs; he wouldn't allow himself to become so selfish. He leaned his head against Flynn's softly, wordlessly, his ears flicked back in contentment. A long, peaceful moment passed before Flynn sighed again, his tail twitching softly.

"...maybe one more," he said at last. "The other kids are almost on their own. Jude would get lonely when they moved on." Yuri felt unease squirming inside of him at Flynn's easy decision, and he pulled his head away briefly.
    "Don't say yes because of me..." He didn't want to pressure Flynn into having more. Had he done that? Flynn blinked, however, looking at him with surprise.
    "What, are you serious? You can't bully me into changing my mind," he huffed. "I just had to think about it first, that's all." Yuri hesitated for a long moment before he felt joy sparking beneath his pelt as he pressed closer to Flynn, feeling the blond shift in a mixture of flustered pleasantry and mutual happiness.

He became wrapped up in his conversation with his mate as Jude and Emilia wandered over to help with the sandcastle -- but Yuri immediately snapped out of it as he heard a pained squeal come from Jude, panic gripping his heart.
    "Jude!?" He hurried to the little one's side with FLynn hot on his tail, gently nosing at him to see what was wrong -- and he saw the same hermit crab from before pinching at the snowy viscling's nose, clinging tightly. Yuri's paws shuffled before he tried to pry the hermit crab's claw open with his teeth, but to his dismay the crab gripped tighter and Jude wailed in pain.

"Take him to the water," Flynn suggested quickly. "Put his nose in it. Maybe it'll let go if it's back underwater."
    Yuri didn't really agree, but he wasn't sure what else he could do, so he did as Flynn said and brought the viscling to the water's edge, gently putting his nose underwater. Jude whimpered and tried to pull away, but his struggles slowly died after a long few moments, and Yuri hesitated before letting him rise again -- revealing that the crab had indeed let go, but there was a bright red mark where it had been squeezing mercilessly.

"Are you okay?" He asked frantically, and was met with surprise as Jude's tear-filled eyes sparkled with excitement despite his painful experience.

"Daddy, did you see? It was a crab!" While the little viscling chirped in a surprisingly boisterous manner about the crab, Yuri visibly deflated with relief, allowing himself to listen with his heart swollen with affection.

Although the summer time had once been one of dread - when he'd suffered during his long travel to a more peaceful home,
    when he and Emilia had gotten wrapped up in a war that was not theirs - Yuri was rapidly finding new ways of enjoying the heat and the moist weather, the critters that came out around that time. His children adored the season, and for that, Yuri did, too.
    It had helped Jude become more outspoken and playful despite his quiet and shy childhood, it had helped his children spend more time together as siblings before they moved on to start their own families -- and most importantly, it had given Yuri more than enough time to remember once he and Flynn were left as an empty nest in the coming years, even after their 'one more' child had come and grown. He knew he had plenty of time to savor, and plenty to become nostalgic over when he was coated with grandchildren instead of his first generation -- and he couldn't wait for those summers to come rolling in.

viscets mentioned;;
    Yuri | Morri | Jude | Emilia | Flynn | Evanlyn
    (Flynn and Evanlyn owned by commandant)
    please stop asking me to give you my viscets. thank you!
Vixen Luo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt #1

Postby Placebo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:55 am

Placebo || Jocelyn's Favorite Summer Activities

Riflery wrote:▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Jackie loved a great deal about summer and what it entailed for her.

The freetime was definitely a plus, sure, but it extended much farther than that- now free from her studies, she could finally do what she wanted to do, restrictions be damned.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

In, and out. In… and out.

At this point, the weight of the firearm was familiar in Jocelyn’s paws. Sweat trickled down between her shoulder blades in the steadily warming morning rays, but there wasn't any place she'd rather be.

She squeezed one claw around the trigger, and the recoil of the rifle barely phased her before she was already moving to replace the empty cartridge. The sound of the bullet hitting the glass bottle from one of her self-appointed targets filled her with a sense of satisfaction. Four down, five to go. Missing that first one still kinda irked her, but she could still hear the phantom of Gatsby’s instruction ringing in her ears like a mantra, as well as the phantom of his paw on her shoulder. Just keep going.

Jackie paused to adjust her shades. She vaguely contemplated whether or not she should bother to set up a round of moving targets as well, but dashed the idea once she got through two more successful rounds. She was grateful for Gatsby and Maia lending her their outdoor firing range for the morning, and was sure she could convince Gatsby to let her stay a little longer despite his perceived gruffness, but she didn’t want to overstay her welcome.

Besides— Gatsby was definitely gonna start cooking in a half hour or so and she’s not stupid enough to turn down that invitation. Shooting’s fun, but man can that guy cook.

It wasn’t long before she made her way down the line. Smoke billowed from her gun in the cool morning air, and she was quick to check herself before setting down her gun and moving across the lawn to change out her targets. She probably wouldn’t be using glass again- it was a mess to clean up, and she did wanna get finished up soon, at least. Now where did Maia keep her cardboard targets…

As she started up her final cycle for the morning, Jackie could feel herself settle deeper and deeper into contentment. She understood and reveled in the thrill of the hunt as much as any other viscet out there, but… the weight of a rifle or gun in her hands was something else entirely for her. The pull of the trigger, and the seamless and familiar recoil time and time again... There really wasn’t anything quite like it.

Although, it definitely helped that it was a cool morning. Maintaining this upward stance in 90 plus degree weather was torture.

Her alarm went off just before she started her second to last target. Jackie impulsively flicked her gaze toward the watch on her arm before concentrating on finishing her last rounds. She could feel herself twinge in the barest amounts of disappointment of having to finish so soon, but she kept her hopes high. After all, the day was still young. Jackie wondered if she’d finally be able to drag Gatsby away from his work long enough today to show her more of his shooting tips.

The grumble of her stomach interrupted her train of thought. But first— food.

{559 words}

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Literally Icing Lachlan wrote:▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    The groaning prone figure lying on the hardwood floor only made Jackie try to stifle her laughter even further. She idly clicked at her phone as she lounged on his couch, determined to beat her high score, but dutifully passed another bag of ice from the cooler and plopped it onto Lachlan’s face. He briefly stopped is bellyaching as he sputtered in indignation. “Hey, watch it!”

“Mmhmm…” She was only idly listening to his laments, because at this point she was past sympathy and bordered into mirth at his plight. She knew that he could barely stand this hot southern weather, but that was his problem, really. He’s the one that traveled this far south for work, after all. At least he let her get free tickets to his shows sometimes. Lachlan was annoying at times, but she could never get a ticket before they sold out unless he helped her.

She glanced over at him looking up at her with both watery eyes and a watery pout after removing the sandwich bag from his face. She easily saw past the facade. “Don’t you care that I could literally melt at any moment, Jackie?! I have such a weak disposition, and you don’t even care…”

She carefully didn’t roll her eyes as she replied, “Well, I suppose the only solution is to stick you in the freezer at this point.”

“You don’t think I’ve already tried that??”

“Oh no, I believe it…” Her gaze strayed back to her phone, and Lachlan’s indignant squawk pulled a snort from her.

Still, she reached into the cooler again and placed two ice bags right over his ribs. She barely registered his sigh of bliss, too engrossed in beating this next level. The only sound in the house besides the beeps from her phone and Lachlan’s exaggerated breaths was the whirring from the AC, and Jackie could feel her bones turn to liquid, she was so relaxed. Today was admittedly pretty bad— temperatures got into the high 90s, and she quickly booked it to Lachlan’s condo, knowing that succumbing to his whims was a small price to pay for cool air. At least his AC never broke. She grumpily thought back to earlier today and how unsympathetic Zaccheus was to the complete and utter lack of AC in the house. I mean, she loved her alpha and all, but his tolerance to the heat was unreal.

Still, it was definitely nice seeing Lachlan again. Jackie could easily admit that the man was a bit of a character, but he always knew how to chill. And he made some mean italian ice. Yum.

Jackie briefly looked up from her phone to nudge her foot into Lachlan’s slick side. “The ticket you gave me was front row, right?” He was pretty much covered with ice bags at this point, but under all of the melting water, she could make out his halfhearted glare.

“Well, duh. You think I’d actually skimp out on you like that?”

She grumbled a bit at that. “Well it happened the last time…”

Lachlan rolled his eyes, but shot his friend a crooked grin. “Well, it’ll be guaranteed that you’ll have front row seats to me screwing over another guy instead of second row seats.”

“Hell yeah.” Lachlan huffed out a laugh at that. But, it wasn’t long before he started groaning for another ice bag.

{564 words}

{1123 words total}

Viscets Used/Mentioned || Jocelyn/Jackie | Lachlan | Gatsby | Maia
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:06 pm

And Prompt 1's judging will now commence.

We will have the results for the winners & special mentions as well as listing everyone who qualifies for a prize (and what one that is) around Sunday or at the latest Monday around noon-ish. c: Hang tight and don't worry if you didn't have time to participate in a prompt yet. The next prompt will be posted on Monday!

if you could please refrain from posting good lucks or anything that would be very helpful. Thank you c:

but lemme say all you guys who participated did a great job!
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

VISCETS : Prompt 1 & Weekly Raffle 1 Winners

Postby Mint Chip » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:48 am

{Prompt 1 Winners & Weekly Raffle Winner}

qualifying/participation: (each user listed here will receive the following: x1 Stubs & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle)

special mentions: (each user listed here will receive the following: x2 Stubs, Special Potion & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle)

winners: (each user listed here will receive the following: x3 Stubs, x2 Special Potions & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle)

Weekly Raffle 1:
  1. tiny little box
  2. Divantae
  3. ~Prophecy~
  4. _Alex_
  5. PikachuTori25
  6. covfefe
  7. kiffell
  8. ~Teya~
  9. Gallifrey
  10. Strudel
  11. DragonCave
  12. ABeardedDragon
  13. Wobbuffet
  14. ShimmerSolarPets
  15. Sunlitsecrets
  16. MistCat
  17. Limuma
  18. tenlittlesoldierboys
  19. IKEA Lord
  20. Yugi
  21. Mint Chip
  22. Kydashing
  23. Macyduke
  24. finifugal ✨
  25. true knight
  26. Placebo

weekly raffle 1 winner
#22 - Kydashing!

Congrats to all our winners! Please check out Prize section for more info on what you won. The prizes cannot be redeemed for roughly 1 week to give us time to get them all recorded. For now, please do not pm me about which potion(s) you want of our special list as I need to get a separate prize claim thread made so I can keep my inbox cleared up (and so I don't lose your information c: )

Next prompt post will be posted momentarily!

ImageImage
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Summer Prompt Thread : Prompt 2

Postby Mint Chip » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:58 am

{ PROMPT 2 : Summer Drama }
Not everyone can have a chill summer, some have summers filled with excitement, peril or just general drama! So for this one the prompt will be tell me about something that happens in their summer that was unexpected or didn't go as planned. It can be something embarrassing, scary, unfortunate or just dramatic in general. Tell me what happened and how it turned out in the end. This can be something that just happened with one or two viscets or a whole group. You can use as many of your viscets (or other viscets that you have expression permission to use) for the prompt but it must follow the prompt! You can depict the viscet(s) via writing or artwork. In order to participate / qualify you must do a minimum of 300 words or 1 sketch depicting the prompt. You can have a max of 1500 words or 3 art pieces to depict the prompt. Words must follow the prompt, same with the artwork. Make sure to cite the viscets used (and their owners) at the bottom of your post.

rules
    -minimum requirement is 300 words or 1 sketch (sketch should be full body & depict something their doing / something that happened)
    -1500 words maximum allowed or 3 art (art can be comics with less than 300 words in the entire comic or full illustrations, etc. but no animations plz)
    -in order to qualify minimum requirement must be met & it must be prompt related
dates
    June 19th - June 23rd | Ends @ 8 pm cst on June 23rd

Code: Select all
[center][b]Prompt 2 - Summer Drama (A Summer Gone Wrong)[/b][/center]
username;
{words [b]or[/b] art}

ImageImage
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝