Rise Summer Event: Dark Skies | Path 4

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Rise Summer Event: Dark Skies | Path 4

Postby Trickz » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:45 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: ThunderCry04
Clan Thread: TideClan
Prompt Writing: Click
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:06 pm

The fifth writing prompt is now closed. The art prompt will stay open for the rest of the event.
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:20 pm

»»———— • ————««

Your frayed nerves are slightly soothed at getting to wake the next morning on your own time; not getting shook awake by excited healers or rogues sneaking into your camp. It's undercut with the constant dread that's been constantly present the last few weeks but you suppose you'll take what you can get. You stretch, pushing your paws out in front of you in a languid movement. You move back upright with a shake before making your way out of your den.

You're greeted by relative calm, cat's bustling about on their various duties. It's quieter than usual, but you chalk that up to the ever-present stress everyone's been feeling recently. At least no one is actively in trouble. You make your way towards your healer, inclining your head in hello. "Any more dreams recently?"

They shake their head, eyes locked on the activity in camp instead of you. "They've fallen quiet. I imagine we won't hear from them again unless something happens."

You almost hiss at the bad luck in those words, not wanting to chance it with how everything's going currently. You fluff your fur slightly instead, prickling your skin, "Let's hope it doesn't come to that." You can't shake the feeling that the floodgates had opened though, and that you only had more trouble on the way. Time would tell.

---------

You're proven right in a dismally short amount of time, and you can't help the dark amusement that twists in your gut at the irony. You're coming back from a hunt, having gone out to relax with your clanmates, when the ground feels like it falls out from under you. There's a massive rushing of noise that you register under the complete disorientation of having your paws swept out from under you and then not being able to regain your footing. Everything shakes around you and you can dimly hear the panicked cries of your clanmates.

For what feels like entirely too long you're just tossed about on your side, unable to keep your balance long enough to get your paws underneath of you. You already know you're going to be sore for a while. Finally, after what seems like an eon, the shaking still enough for you to shakily rise to your feet, crouched low with ears back. When you've collected yourself enough to look around you, you see most of your clan in a similar state. Further investigation leads you to the rush of water currently rushing through the back of your camp, taking out camp walls and dens with it. You dimly realize that must have been the noise, the enormus volume of water coming in enough to shake the ground underneath you. Hoping no cats got rushed away with it, you stand, legs feeling like jelly beneath you, and make your way over to it. A few of your clanmates beat you too it, and it takes seconds for a wail to go up, too loud in the sudden silence.

Your healer rushes past you, coming to stand by the edge of the water. They stare at it momentarily, realizing quickly there's no chance for you to get whichever cat had fallen into it, not with how fast it was flowing. Sending a mournful look to the greiving cats, they start to herd everyone away from it. "Come on, it's not safe. It could drag any of us under. We've lost enough cats for today," they murmer quietly, nudging their shocked clanmates towards the entrance. You can see your deputy rounding everyone else up, gathering everyone by the entrance.

You sigh, closing your eyes for a moment to reign in the emotion, before moving to comfort everyone as they mill about. You'll have to leave camp; find somewhere else to stay with less chance for flooding. Once everyone's gathered you come to stand at the front of the group. "We lost a good cat today. For now, we'll leave camp. We'll move to high ground, with less chance of flooding. We will mourn tonight, and carry out our rites when we can return."

A murmer ripples through the group. You can understand their hesitance to leave, to break your traditions. But, right now, you just wnat to keep everyone alive. You turn and plunge out of camp, motioning for everyone to follow. A pawful of tail-lengths away you let your deputy take the point, knowing they'll get everyone where they need to be safely. You let yourself fall to the back of the group, stopping to gaze at your camp. If this wasn't resolved quickly you never be able to move back to it. To loose that heritage... it would be just as devistating as the loss of life. Clans revolved around tradition.

Sighing, you turn to head after your group, taking note of the water you can see rushing by behind you and to your side, careful to move away from it. You also keep an eye to the large amount of standing water, nervous of the amount of land its starting to cover.

The track is made in relative silence, everyone stuck in their own heads. Even the apprentices and kits are quiet, seeming to understand the gravity of the situation. You can only turn your own to your ancestors, hoping they offer you some kind of insight in the coming days.

-------

Your pleading is rewarded, if you could call it that, by yet another dream. Not that it's any more help than the last. You're beginning to doubt your ancestors wishes to help you. It seems like every answer they provide just brings about more questions. This time, when your healer tells you about the riddle their fur is riffled, and they're clearly unsettled by what they saw.

"It was a cat. They were... hovering over something. It was like they were pulling the life out of it. It was wasting away right in front of me." They pause, and you have to prompt them to continue. "It's like they noticed I was there and watching. They moved to attack me when they saw me. I woke up before they could reach me but," they roll their shoulders, clearly uncomfortable, "They had orange eyes. It could help with our hunt." They watch you as you mull the words over, tail flicking with their nerves. "You understand what this means? Whoever this is sensing my presence? They're stirring all this up. They're likely playing with forces much more powerful than they should be. This can backfire on everyone if we aren't careful. Evil spirits don't care for who gets hurt in their crossfire."

You nod, understanding the direness of the situation. If this cat had a deal with spirits, they could just as easily turn them loose to run wild. Once ties of control were cut there was no telling of the consequece. "I'll head to tell Hecate tomorrow. For now, all we can do is alert our warriors of the new description. Lets hope whatever this cat is dabbling in doesn't overtake them before we can take care of it. It's already growing stronger, the last thing we need is it going completely unchecked." You can only hope stopping the cat themself put an end to this and didn't unleash the spirits themselves. You were treading on dangerous territory. Perhaps you could ask the Oracle tomorrow as well. He may have more insight on dealings with spirits. For now, you can only spread the word of the updated description, hoping beyond hope that nothing else major occured.

»»———— • ————««

Prompt 5: Everyone saw what happened to their clanmate; yet another death caused by this mysterious intruder. What does your clan do when they can't perform their traditional last rites? How do they feel about the escalating situation?

Art Prompt 5: Draw your healer's dream OR the Clan's evacuation from the camp. Try to convey the emotions of the cat(s) involved.

»»———— • ————««

End Date: This writing prompt closes at 11:59 pm EST on the 24th. The art prompt does not close.

Code: Select all
[b]Writing Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Writing:
[b]Art Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Art:
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elliad. » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:08 am

Art Prompt!
Username: Elliad.
Clan Thread: Thornclan
Prompt Art: (Prompt 2)

the gift of life, the curse of death
x
xxxxxxx
Cosmos 🎀 They/Them 🎀 AUDHD !!
I am just returning from a long
hiatus and trying to get back into
it. I am starting with species then
hopefully role-playing will be next.
x
x
x
navigation !!
🎀 Kalons
🎀 Stormclan
🎀 © Pfp
🎀 © Sig
Elliad.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfpack12 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:41 am

Writing Prompt!
Username: wolfpack12
Clan Thread: Crescentclan
Prompt Writing: [600/600]

The cave, that the clan now resided in, was mostly silent. Except for the occasional sound of paw steps echoing across the rocky floor. No one dared to utter out a single word as clanmates sat and mingled amongst friends and family. But the smell of fear and despair was thick in the air.

As clan leader, it hurt the she-cat to see her clanmates in such a state.

But there was nothing she could do. It had been deemed to dangerous to return to camp, and many were rightfully angry about not being able to perform their unfortunate clanmate's last rites. Especially after what had happened back at camp.

To make matters worse, their current situation was starting to affect her clan. Many were slowly starting to lose faith in ever solving this problem. Let alone surviving the natural disaster that was just around the corner. Others on the other hand, were starting to blame the rogues for their current problem. Blaming them for bringing this situation upon them, and were even suggesting that they should just chase them out. It was safe to say, that this suggestion was quickly shot down. Mostly by Mistflight.

" Mousebrains! That's what this culprit wants us to do! By attacking each other, we risk not only losing our truce with Hecate, but also risk losing our lives!"

Dawnstar had never seen so many fall silent so quick in her life. It was kind of comical in a way. But it did do the trick in temporarily subduing those who were craving revenge and blood.

That night, the clan had settled around a fire provided by their fire sentries. Although the clan couldn't perform their clanmate's last rites, they could still silently pray to Starclan that rival predators do not find the body. It wasn't much, but it did provide a little bit of comfort and reassurance for those who were still grieving.

However, when morning came back around, the clan was once more restless. Anxiously awaiting a sign from Starclan that would at least help them prevent another death. Everyone just felt defeated about the situation. Even their own leader was starting to lose hope.

" There's that look again"

The tortoiseshell jumped at the sudden intrusion to her thoughts. Upon glancing over her shoulder, she found herself meeting the gaze of her mate and deputy. Frowning, she tilted her head in slight confusion." What look?", she asked.

The reddish tom merely chuckled, as he came to sit down beside her." The 'I'm close to admitting defeat' look", Leopardclaw replied. Before intertwining his tail with hers as an act of silent comfort. A brief glimpse of a smile appeared on the she-cat's face, before disappearing back into a frown.

" You know I can't help it, especially with the stressful situation we've all been placed under", Dawnstar replied. Gaze drifting back towards their clanmates who were gloomily talking to one another. All joy and happiness was gone from their eyes. Replaced instead with a dull and lifeless expression. It was like her heart had been clawed out of her chest just looking at them." I failed them, Leopardclaw, I promised to protect them and I failed", she added in a whisper.

" You didn't fail anyone, my dawn, these things happen unfortunately, with or without supernatural assistance, but we'll figure something out, we always do"

Partially comforted by her mate's words, the tortoiseshell once more gazed back at the rising sun. Silently praying that Leopardclaw was right, and that they would finally put an end to this nightmare.

" I hope so, I truly do"
wolfpack12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CloudedDiamond » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:38 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: DiamondDogg Caverns
Clan Thread: SilverClan
Prompt Writing:

Silverstar watched as the half-warrior was swept away by the floodwaters. He had only been in the clan for a week, seeing if he liked their ways. She was sad to see him go, but maybe StarClan, or other ancestors, decided it was his time. Cats watched him drift away, scared. Shocked looks spread across some cats, some sending messages to StarClan, and others with their heads bowed down. Fallenleaves swam under the water, coming back up with herbs in her jaws. "SilverClan! We will retreat to the tops of the hills. Warriors and onlookers, you may rest in the highest branches of the tree. Smokestep, Clawpelt, and Bramblethorn. Can you three dig into one of the taller hills for Fallenleaves' temporary den? Rainwhisker and Stoneclaw, I need you two to go out and catch whatever prey you can. Head outside of the territory if you need to, but stay as far as you can from the flood." As she flicked her tail, her warriors began working. By sunhigh, Fallenleaves' den was done. By nightfall, Rainwhisker and Stoneclaw returned, with just enough prey to feed everyone. Whenever they eat, everyone always chats, jokes, and laughs. Tonight, everything was silent, which wasn't surprising for the she-cat.

-----------

Fallenleaves stood in an open field, surrounded by flowers. In front of her, a figure stood, almost hovering over something, something the she-cat couldn't see. What was it doing? It seems to be sucking the life out of something. As she tried to move closer to get a better look, the figure whipped around. She saw glowing orange eyes as the cat-like figure moved towards her, ready to attack. As the figure flashed towards her, she woke up in her den. What had happened? How did it know she was there? She shifted in her nest. She'd wait until Silverstar had woken up.

-----------

Silverstar woke up to Fallenleaves' distress and heard about the she-cat's dream. Orange eyes, noted. After they had eaten, the clan had gathered to mourn the loss of the warrior who was swept away by the flood. Luckily, everyone else had gotten out safely, minus a few cases of shock and some small scratches. They sat vigil, but Silverstar excused herself, still having problems sleeping after the few nights she was kept awake. Every cat had worked silently so far today. Some had taken some branches that fell into the water and used them and some stray brambles to make small sleeping nests, gathering moss for nests, and hunting for prey. Prey. Food would be a lot scarcer now that they couldn't go to the river to go fishing or hunt near Training Trees. Now, the clan would have to adjust to just mice, rabbits, and a few stray birds for food. Hopefully, soon they could properly mourn and bury the fallen warrior and maybe, just maybe, things might get better.
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:35 pm

Apologies, but the prompt is being pushed out again. I just don't have the time to finish all the event writing at the current moment so things are a little delayed. I'll give notice when this prompt will officially close, as for now feel free to continue responding to it.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Prompt 6 writing is now officially closed.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt 7

Postby Neah » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:00 pm

»»———— • ————««

You set off the next day at sunhigh, making quick time to the rogues camp with your new location. You go unchallenged when you eventually slip into their camp, but that doesn't really come as a surprise anymore. Everyone's spread thin; they don't have time to worry about guarding a temporary camp. It takes a few moments for anyone to notice your presence, all of them too busy with their own tasks or thoughts.

Pan notices you first, bounding over with a greeting already spilling out, as happy to see you as always. Apollo isn't far behind him, his own hello, much more subdued but still kind, just as quick to reach your ears.

"Well this is unexpected," Apollo starts, tail curling as he comes to a stop by Pan's side. "What can we help you with?"

"Hecate asked that I come by should we gain any more insight. Is she around?"

Apollo flicks his ear, casting a look over his shoulder, "Yeah, follow me." He nudges Pan's shoulder as a temporary goodbye before turning and flicking his tail in indication for you to follow. "As a warning," he glances over his shoulder, "my sister's been more irritable than usual. She may get short with you but she doesn't mean it. This has been hard on everyone."

You nod, understanding of the position she's in. You both have your groups to look after, and every day that goes by that you don't solve what's happening is another day closer to more cats dying. The responsibility weighs heavily on your mind, as you're sure it does on hers as well.

He leads you to a gap in the walls of their temporary camp and slips through it, leaving you to follow. You spot Hecate on the other side, back facing the camp and tail lashing. She seems ruffled and irritated, and you can sympathize. Apollo stops short, holding out a paw to invite you to continue and giving you a wink before turning and slipping back inside.

"What do you need clan cat?" She sounds tired, despite what her brother had said.

You wince a bit, empathy spiking through you, as you come to sit next to her. "We had another message from our ancestors." Her ear twitches your direction and the wild movement of her tail picks up speed but she gives no other indication of having heard you, so you continue, telling her the details of the dream and what your healer thought it meant consequence wise.

She doesn't respond for a long while, making your fur prickle in discomfort.

"Orange eyes?" She finally looks at you, eyes bright with worry and muzzle drawn in a frown. At your curious look, she drops her gaze again, glaring at the ground. "I don't have... I think I know who they may be talking about but it doesn't make sense."

"Doesn't make sense?" She makes an annoyed noise, but you doubt it's aimed towards you. She seems mad at herself for not being able to figure it out. You wait for her to continue, not wanting to derail her train of thought.

Hecate sits quietly for a long while, brows furrowed and staring, unseeing, at the ground. Her tail lashes furiously all the while. Eventually, she seems to shake herself out of her thoughts and glances up to you. "The... wasting away, as you put it. I mentioned the sisters before, from our city?" She pauses, and you nod. "Their names were Clotho, Lachesis and... Atropos."

You blink as the information registers. "Atropos? Like atrophy?"

She nods, looking back out at the horizon. "Clotho and Lachesis were the two we knew were dead. None of us knew what happened to Atropos."

"You think she'd be doing this?"

Hecate shrugs, ears laying back. "I can't think of any other cat. I don't know why'd she come all this way to bother us but the signs, the meddling with spirits. It sounds like her."

You offer a hesitant nod. You suppose you cant argue with her. You can't think of anyone in your clan who would cause this, and all of Hecate's explaination makes sense. "Do you know what she looks like, then? It'll make it easier to keep an eye out."

She shakes her head, looking sheepish. "They were reclusive, very few ever actually met or saw them." She pauses, gaze moving to meet yours, "I'm sorry." She sighs at your confused look. "We've brought you nothing but trouble since being here. Atropos wouldn't have come if it wasn't for us."

You wave her off, ears twitching, "You couldn't have known. At least we know what we're up against now. We know her name. I'll tell my clan to look out for an unfamiliar cat. She'll probably still smell of he city, and she'll probably be scrawny if she's living on her own."

Hecate nods and you both get to your paws, exchanging farewells as you go your seperate ways, one more quetion answered but even more laid out in its wake. You can only hope you'll find this Atropos soon, whoever she is.

»»———— • ————««

Prompt 7: You told Hecate it was fine that this trouble followed her, but do you really think it is? Whatever this Atropos wants, she's willing to bring your Clan down with her. Do you think it's time to break ties or do you still believe working together is still the answer?

Art Prompt 7: Didn't give you y'all much to work with this time, did I? This go-round, just draw me any scene you'd like from the writing.

Hecate

»»———— • ————««

End Date: This writing prompt closes at 11:59 pm EST on the 21st. The art prompt does not close.

[b]Writing Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Writing:
[b]Art Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Art:
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfpack12 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:29 am

Writing Prompt!
Username: wolfpack12
Clan Thread: Crescentclan
Prompt Writing: [599/600]

The silent walk back up the mountain would have been peaceful, if the she-cat's mind wasn't stuck on the concerning information that Hecate had told her.

Atropos.

The name continued to echo deep within the clan leader's mind, as her eyes scanned the valley below. Patches of water shimmered underneath the setting sun's light. Reminding the she-cat of the ever growing danger to her clan and home.

No, she thought, not just a danger to us, but to Hecate and her group too.

But why?

If what Hecate said was true, then why would this Atropos come after them now?

Once more, Dawnstar found herself wondering on whether or not Hecate was holding back information. Information that could be used to solve this problem faster and prevent further death.

For a brief moment, the she-cat considered ending her clan's frail alliance with Hecate's group. They could probably find a new place to live, and the clan would probably be safe from any further spirit meddling. An angered snarl suddenly escaped her throat as she aggressively shook this thought out of her head. No, she wasn't going to give up on Hecate and her group. Not when they had an unstable she-cat trying to destroy them.

After all, Dawnstar meant what she said to Hecate. She knew what it was like to encounter ghosts from the past and she wasn't the only one. Leopardclaw, Moonshimmer, Palefur… They were all clanmates who have each encountered bad cats in their lives. Some of which have even found their way to Crescentclan's territory, such as Thistle and Leopardclaw's father.

Therefore, she truly didn't blame Hecate for their current situation. Considering that even if something did happen between the city cats and the spider sisters, she couldn't have known that Atropos would have followed them here. Furthermore, Hecate seemed to have come a long way from the reckless she-cat Dawnstar had met all those moons ago. Didn't she deserve the clan's help in fending off this common enemy?

Narrowing her pupils, the tortoiseshell turned away from the sight of the rising water. Anger slowly emerging from the depths of her heart, as she continued her walk back towards her clan's temporary camp. First things first, alert her warriors of the new information she has gained. What was once dread, had melted away into determination.

Green eyes were quick to spot Hopetail at the camps entrance, and their owner wasted no time in reaching the fire sentry leader." Hopetail!", Dawnstar called out. Watching as her daughter quickly snapped to attention at her name being called.

" Yes, mother? What is it?", The fire sentry leader questioned. Hazel coloured eyes glowed softly with curiosity, as they met the green gaze of the clan's leader.

" Tell your father to arrange a patrol, and to keep an eye out for an unfamiliar she-cat by the name of Atropos, from what Hecate has told me, she should still smell of the city, but tell him to be careful", the tortoiseshell replied. Watching as her daughter nodded, before dashing off into the cave in search of the clan's deputy.

With that done, Dawnstar found herself gazing once more out into the valley. Her claws slightly digging into the rocky ground beneath her. Whether from anger or a need for reassurance she wasn't sure. But one thing she did know was that if Atropos thought she could come here and try to destroy both Hecate's group and her own, then she had another thing coming.

This was their home, both the clan's and the rogue's, and they weren't going anywhere.
wolfpack12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me