Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre || Discussion

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Are you planning on entering the Mustang Million?

Yes, with one character/one horse.
10%
Yes, with two characters/two horses.
20%
Yes, with three characters/three horses.
15%
Yes, with four or more characters/horses.
5%
No, I do not plan on entering the Mustang Million.
5%
Maybe, but I can't guarantee having enough time/motivation to say for sure right now.
45%

Total votes : 20

Re: Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre || Discussion

Postby Sandy Hoofprints » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:47 pm

Oohhhh it's so exciting, I will join if I can! I'm not great at bidding and I haven't got much in my bank at the moment, and if I do get one I will have minimal time to spend on it, but I'm still interested and will participate if I can!
▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
Sandy
◈ Vet Student ◈ Irish ◈ Image
◈ ♀ Rugby Player ◈ ISFJ/ISTJ ◈

toltsfwphocother
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲
Sandy Hoofprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutFoxed » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:22 am

Very excited for the hunter releases! Keep checking for them - at work so it's a bit of a challenge but so worth it!

The mustang million sounds like a lot of fun, especially because I missed out the first time and had to watch everyone else have a great time.

I'm hoping to use this event to bring out more hunters. Looking forward to more information as it's released to find the perfect niche. My hopes are to enter two, if not three characters, to showcase the beauty of horsemanship, the true bond between horse and human, and how mustangs portray the perfect balnce of grace and agility to dominate in the hunter and jumper rings.
If a horse comes up with the qualities required on the cross country course, I'm likely to add another entry.

OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chellerd » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Regarding the Mustang Million, I might give it a shot for 2 or 3 horses. It definitely sounds like a fun thing and I can work a bit on my art (chibi).

Another topic, regarding showing. I wasn't entirely sure, do we need to train (and age) our horses before they can enter a show? Or is training purely a benefit for showing.
Also can a horse stay forever young and still show, or do we really need to age them aswell?
Image Image

|| infinitely tired ||

chellerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brindle. » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:44 am

on the topic of the hunter horses, I'm super excited as well, i only have one hunter, and would like to get more.

©

Ω▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
┌─────────────────────┐

'ello I'm not going to go by my real
name on here, so just call me alex xx
i ride horses, and own a few
im bisexual and confused about life
i love broadway musicals

└─────────────────────┘
ImageImage
┌─────────────────────┐
link - link - link - link - link - link - link

└─────────────────────┘
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Ω▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Ω
┌──────────────┐

farouche / shy
honestly I'm a disappointment
space / tb gelding
cassie / qh x tb mare
mira / warmblood mare
eli / halflinger gelding

└──────────────┘

brindle.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:28 am

Chellerd wrote:Another topic, regarding showing. I wasn't entirely sure, do we need to train (and age) our horses before they can enter a show? Or is training purely a benefit for showing.
Also can a horse stay forever young and still show, or do we really need to age them aswell?

Training is purely a benefit for showing; however, you may not "immortalize" a horse by now aging them and showing them indefinitely. ^^ A horse should have aged a year each time he or she is entered in a new show.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:21 am

Hi all,

I've been thinking on what to do about this for a while, and I think it's a problem that needs to be addressed but that no one has quite brought up yet. I'm talking about the general clutter brought on by the nature of RVEC's functioning mechanism; in other words, the fact that anyone who attempts to adopt a horse will see that horse's page brought up indefinitely on their recent posts. This makes it incredibly difficult for people to keep track of their own horses, I think, as well as just being a general nuisance for those who would like to pay more attention to other topics. I consider this part of the reason why adoptions may be decreasing; if someone doesn't think their chances are very high, they'll refrain from applying so that they don't have to deal with that post coming up again and again on their board.

I may be completely off here, but it's still something I'd like us to consider. If it isn't a problem at all, that's fantastic, because it's less work for me! ^^' However, I want to do what I can to keep things organized for you guys, so if this is a problem or an annoyance for you guys, we'll do what we can to fix it. What I propose is this: Since there is no unsubscribe button (I know there technically is, but I've never had it actually function as an unsubscribe button, so I'm not entirely certain that it's still functional), we can have all training and aging take place on the horse's tack page. This means that training will only apply for the discipline it is done under (so if you request training under a horse's jumpers equipment, that training will only apply during jumpers competitions; this is also technically the way it works now, as a horse will only receive training for the discipline it is marked as competing in) and that during shows, the page linked to must be the horse's tack page for that particular discipline, not the horse's main page. For aging, I'll just have to remember to go back to the horse's main page and adjust the age there. This will make everything a little harder on you guys too, I'm sure, because you'll have to remember to keep training spread out a week apart, even if your horse shows in more than one discipline (for example, if you train your horse in hunters one week, you have to remember to wait a week before you can train it in jumpers); however, this should also make it fairer and more realistic if a horse competes in more than one discipline, as well as making it easier to enter them in multiple disciplines because you don't have to choose just one discipline for the horse's main page. Additionally, the end goal of this is to eliminate the problem of RVEC clutter; hopefully, the only times a horse's main page will pop up on your posts again will be few and far between, such as general discussion of the horse or other matters that are far less intrusive, and not just a barrage of training requests like I worry they do now ^^

So what do you guys think? Is it a problem even worth addressing, or should I just leave it as it is?
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandy Hoofprints » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:06 am

I am kind of on the fence over that one! You hit the nail on the head with the problem, that's pretty much how I fine mine. I have an awful lot of 'my posts' so I have to search to find anything I want nowadays rather than scroll through. What I do when I'm trying to find my horses is go through 'my posts' and search for 'RVEC'. It does cause some confusion when I then have to trail through any I've entered for to find mine, especially as my stables is growing and it's getting harder to remember all the individual coats of my horses from their page titles.

Perhaps what you could do is put the owners name in the title instead of (or as well as so long as it goes before) the coat colour. That way I could for example search 'RVEC' and 'Sandy' to find mine only. That would make it very easy to narrow down the posts to what you are looking for.

If you think your idea is better that would work equally fine for me, I could even search by 'RVEC' and then 'cross-country' if it was to be done that way to find mine as the majority of cross-country horses are mine! Though I have realised that their tack pages don't say 'RVEC' in the title, so that might not actually work!

Anyway I'm happy with whatever happens cx To be honest it's not causing a huge amount of extra time for me so I would be happy for it to stay the way it is if that's what everyone wants, and importantly if that's easier for you. I feel like changing so much could turn out to be more hassle than it's worth maybe?
Sandy

toltsfwphocother
Sandy Hoofprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:05 am

You certainly make some good points there! Unfortunately, I don't know that having the names of the users in the titles would necessarily be a solution, as we do have a few users who change their usernames frequently and I don't think I could keep up with that; however, for adopted horses, if you search RVEC and "train" or something to that effect, it should also pull up all of your horses (except newborns and horses that haven't been trained yet, I suppose) because you'll have used that language in a text there, but that's the best way I can think of to remedy that ^^ That or searching RVEC and your username, which will bring up all horses you've applied for... I don't know, I'm sorry there's no obvious solution right away ^^' If everyone's more in favor of that, I suppose we could give it a shot, but I think I might die inside if I have to be keeping up with username changes like that xD

I'm perfectly open to anything, though! Just want to make sure this isn't too much of a hassle for anyone trying to find their horses in RVEC <3
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandy Hoofprints » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:46 am

Actually as you've just pointed out I realise that what I suggested works fine the way it is, I forgot it will show up what is in the post not just in the title... xD
Though it will also show up any I've tried out for still because they'll have my username but I will try searching 'train' that will work for me.
In that's case I'm perfectly happy with everything as it is :3
Sandy

toltsfwphocother
Sandy Hoofprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albino_ » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:52 am

Could we have some standardbreds maybe for the around the world? I own a standie named Ace and they are amazing! Do we have any standies in the sim yet?
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Alb | she/her | EST
RVS(CDH Barn) CDH Whisps
I am a mother of 2 and work 4
days a week, I own a horse and
a maine coon
🌿🌿🌿
Albino_

My pets
My items