The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby rnirai » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: rnirai
Link to roll call post: yes
Prompt response:
'i can't shake the feeling that mr. beni wants to c-crush me...'

contact me on discord if u have
any questions @ mandula#8303

toyhou.se
kalon commissions

i like bunnies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rorrim » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Sign-up Time!
    Username: Kouhai
    Link to roll call post: here!
    Prompt response:

Lance is a bit skeptical to say the least, when Yuki excitedly announces to him the existence of a sign-up sheet with the words “test of courage” scrawled boldly across its face. Lance puckers his face as he mentally delves into his limited experience with the realm of teen rom-coms. From what he can recall, a large part of what seems to make said nightly foray into the woods “fun”, is supposed to be the darkness, the unknown. He frowns a bit at the thought, he's already blind — so that's pretty much already his reality isn’t it? It defeats the purpose. And he’s not really sure how he feels about running around the forest listening to his fellow kampers scream their heads off in terror about all the things that Lance wouldn't even be able to see himself...It sounds like a headache honestly. He listens quietly as Yuki babbles excitedly about what the counselors could possibly have planned for it as they make their way to the mess hall.

When Bijou meets up with them after lunch and tricks Lance into inadvertently revealing his plans to skip the test of courage, she spends their entire afternoon canoeing on the lake making pointed, yet subtle chicken digs at him. Now with his pride on the line (betrayed, by his own flesh and blood,) coupled with the weight of Yuki's poorly hidden disappointment, Lance finds himself retracing his steps back to where he remembers his brother pointing out the sign-up sheet to him. It takes a good few minutes for Lance to even find the darn thing as he fumbles around, awkwardly fondling at the wall until his hands collide with the clipboard’s dull wooden edge. Lance probably smudges a few of the freshly written names as he runs his fingers hastily down the list, feeling for the subtle pen indentations to find what he hopes is a clean spot on the page, before quickly signing his name, with perhaps a bit more force than absolutely necessary.

He tells himself it will be fine.

Rorrim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EpicratesPictus » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:00 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: Irrylath
Link to roll call post: here
Prompt response: “A test of courage involving a night hike through the woods? Sign me up!” Pip thought. They had been worried about their camping experience being a series of flat notes, but with this event, how could it be? What’s the worst that could happen, probably nothing worse then running into a tree or getting separated from the group.
Then again, if it’s a Forbidden Forest there may be hostile wild animals, or a subterranean cave system with a weak roof making it unsafe to walk around the forest unsupervised. Although, that might be a more fun outcome. How many times does one get to go face to face with a cave in, or truly wild animals?
Now to decide what color to use to write down their name. They could use a red, an orange, a green, or, oooh, a deep navy. Clicking the pen over to navy, they write in a small but extravagant manner “Pip”. Now to just wait for the hike to start...
EpicratesPictus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby husky. » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Sign-up Time!
    Username: husky.
    Link to roll call post: blep
    Prompt response:
    'Hm.'
    *click click* ... *click* .. *click click*
    'Aha!'
    Standing on tiptoes to reach the clipboard, Rannoch took his time to choose the colour of the pen. It was always the longest and hardest decision of writing. There was a decent list of names on the sign-up sheet already, in a cute jumble of colours and writing styles. Rannoch was always a fan of seeing how others wrote their names; he especially liked handwriting that looked kind of old-fashioned, with little curls and sharp edges. His own writing was pretty scratchy and often quite varied in style and level of legibility, however Rannoch knew he would have nice writing one day.
    Gripping the hot pink pen and scribbling his name down, Rannoch smiled to himself in the knowledge that this night hike was going to be 'fun-as'. Hiking? At night? Yeah! Fun-as! He replaced the pen ready for the next kal. He was also slightly perturbed thinking about the possible consequences if he lost the pen... Not to worry! Beni and Iphis seemed so friendly. Rannoch like them already.
    Rannoch's mind went wild with mounting eagerness for the hike as he wandered away from the clipboard, leaving his name scrawled in bright red on the paper. He had a torch, a good sense of direction, and plenty of snacks to share. Preparation was key, although some spontaneity was always good. Maybe he would leave the torch behind and let his eyes adjust to the dark, so that he could spot wildlife better! And hide behind trees to spook the other hikers! Ooh, he could come up with so many ideas to make this hike even more fun.
    Picking up a stick, Rannoch started whacking long strands of grass as he jumped and ran along. We should wear blindfolds! Ooh, we should drop breadcrumbs so we don't get lost... hmm maybe we could... no, what about...? yeah, this is gonna be fun!
true neutral
she/her isfj-t
♈︎ ♘ ♬
fan of anime
& lazy days
|
|
|
|
planning a (semi) hiatus
soon, if there’s anything I
need to finish before I go
just let me know.
[to do: br revamps]
husky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikey » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:24 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: peachytea
Link to roll call post: <3
Prompt response:
Despite the feeling of dread beginning to weigh down in her stomach like a block of lead, Vivian picked up the pink multicoloured pen hesitantly. She thought about it for a while, wondering if she really wanted to do this. She read the sheet, many named already written in the blank spaces. Viv didn't want to look like the kamp coward, she wanted to prove that she was just as brave as everyone else! Before she could change her mind, Vivian hastily scribbled down her name in the pink colour - it was her favourite colour after all.

It wasn't until the sign-up thing became a speck in the distance that Vivian began to worry about it. Oh how she wanted to cross out her name. But then she'd look like a fool, and she certainly didn't want that. So with shaking legs she continued to head back to camp towards the rock climbing walls. Maybe that'd help to calm her nerves... Hopefully..

162 words

hal/mikey ; he/him ; lesbian
      kinda inactive - rentry
      ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
mikey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinnamon Heart » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:25 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: Sweet Cinnamon
Link to roll call post: here
Prompt response:

Lush scribbled his name on the sign-up paper, wedging it between two lines as a smile lit up his face. "Test of Courage". If this activity lived up to the expectations that its name gave, then this would be fun. After all, that was exactly what he was here for: to challenge himself, and try something new.
Lush was scared of very few things. He questioned the existence of spirits and ghosts, and all the monsters and whatnot that people came up with just to scare themselves and others. In shows and films, he would point out the costumes and special effects, and how good or bad they were, but they never convinced him. He would watch horror movies when they came out, and was usually more startled by other viewers' screams than by what had made them produce the sounds in the first place. So deep down, he wondered if this would scare him, and hoped not, and that he'd live on to proclaim that he was afraid of nothing. But he couldn't be sure. After all, this was something new to him: the closest he'd come to being in a real-life scary scene before was walking around in his disguise at Halloween; he'd never actually experienced anything too scary or eerie directly. And that's the thing, really. That may be the one thing that scared him the most: new experiences, the unknown. But he loved it too. It was fun and exciting knowing that you would go somewhere, and do something, but not knowing what would happen or whether or not it would scare you. It was thrilling, really, maybe more thrilling than the "test of courage" itself would be. This was one of the few things that made him feel fear. He knew that, and he just loved it.
ImageImageImage
she/her or they/them
bi ¦ BLM
Cinnamon Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lorne_Purnima » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:02 pm

Sign-up Time!
    Username: Lorne_Purnima
    Link to roll call post: c:
    Prompt response:
    Word Count: 317
    --Fable looked at the sheet with a confused look turning into slight concern "Test of Courage?" he thought, this must be the night hike Beni had been talking about. He sighed, he didn't do very well in the dark as his eyesight wasn't very good in it, but there would be others going on the hike too right? So he could rely on them for help if he needed it plus he was pretty sure had packed at least 3 flashlights so that was covered even if they didn't supply him with any. He contemplated it for a few moments, it could make for a good story when he got home...everyone would be so surprised he did a night hike, plus it wasn't like there's anything terribly dangerous in the woods around here. The stories were likely just made up by counselors to scare kampers and they just kept going with them; worst thing out there are bears or something which is...pretty bad but not nearly as scary as a bigfoot or something.

--As his mind began drifting into the possible wild animals that could be in the forest around here he snapped out of it as the feeling of being watched washed over him, he looked around and quickly noticed Beni and his seemingly pleading look as he stared at Fable holding the pen and clipboard. Fable sighed again feeling bad if he were to just put it back and walk away without signing up, he clicked down the purple pen and signed his name amongst the list of others
    "𝐹𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒". Man, he really hoped he was right about the bear thing and hoped even more that he was right about the bigfoot thing. "That would be one hell of a theme to send down the runway though, maybe my next weirder project could be cryptid themed" he laughed at this thought as he walked off.
    ╔════════════════════════════╗
    Image .can i sleep yet?. || Kalons. || TH.
    ╚════════════════════════════╝
    Image╔═════════════════════════════╗
    Image Image Image Image
    Image Image Image

╚═════════════════════════════╝
Lorne_Purnima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werecat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:30 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username:
.ss.
Link to roll call post:
here
Prompt response:

"Come again Needle Noggin?"

xxxxxxxxWerecat/Karkat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxit/its
xxxxxxxxxxxxWerewolf
xxxxxxxxxxxFui, Imp, VJ

xxxxxxReally only here to sketch
xxxxxN sell ocs I dont use anymore.

xxxxxxxCharacters UFT
Werecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:47 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: Trphlthdl
Link to roll call post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3859303&p=119714332&hilit=Trphlthdl#p119714332
Prompt response: Emilia looked at the sign up sheet. Although she was all for a hike, when she had approached the forest in the evening it was the spookiest thing she though she’d ever see. Besides, it was called the forbidden forest? Wouldn’t there be a reason? But then again, why would they hold a night hike in the forbidden forest? Maybe they just wanted to keep Kampers from hurting themselves without any supervision. Also, why was the paper titled test of courage rather than night hike? Those seemed like two very different things, at least to Emilia. She picked up the pen in one shaky hand. courage? I’m not courageous. I’m always scared, and shaking. Another Kamper asked if she planned to sign her name anytime soon, and when he didn’t get a response bent in front of her to sign his name on the line. see? He didn’t hesitate. Not one bit, not at all. But I... summoning all the courage in her body she took a deep breath and stop questioning the decision, just leaned in and signed her name small and neat on the line.

Emilia

180 ish words
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby black water » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:53 pm

Sign-up Time!
    Username: •ιnιgo•
    Link to roll call post: click
    Prompt response:
    aspen quickly and messily scribbled her name on the sheet of paper in green. she wasn't entirely thrilled about this "night hike" or whatever. sure, she could've not signed up, but then what would even be the point of going to kamp if she didn't? she probably would have regretted it if she didn't sign up.

aspen sighed. it was too late to go back, anyways. she had already put her name down. well, maybe she could scratch out her name but that's besides the point. she stared at her name on the paper, clicking the pen nervously. she was sure that she'd be okay, but she couldn't help but be a bit nervous. she decided to just shrug it off. she wasn't going to turn her back on this now. she wouldn't just scribble out her name. like she said before, this would be a good trip. nothing would get in her way. she would have a good time on this night hike.
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave