CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Zahra, Eye of Sekhmet

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:49 am

General Information
Full name: Zahra Abubakar Nashwa Al-Amin
Nicknames: (if any)
Gender/Pronouns: Demigirl (she/they)
Birthday: August 18th
Sexuality: Pansexual with a feminine lean

Camp Information
Weapon(s):
A wand made of curved hippo ivory, mainly used for defence.
Twin khopesh for close-range combat and a longbow and arrows imbued with fire magic for long-range combat. Both are usually stored in the Duat and can be summoned with a simple spell.
Godly Affiliation: Path of Sekhmet; she is currently the Eye of Sekhmet
Powers: Zahra can cast spells just like any magician and knows a little bit of every type of magic, though here are some of her specialties.
Fire Elementallist/Pyrokinesis - Zahra can conjure and control flames at will, and is naturally fire and heat-resistant. Her skin is generally warm to the touch.
Combat magic - Zahra can summon any weapon from the Duat, though she typically just stores her own weapons there and uses it to summon them. She can also summon a magical shell of armour to protect her, and as such usually wears no armour. She can also conjure a combat avatar while drawing on Sekhmet's power, taking the form of the lion-headed goddess. Zahra is also a very talented combatant, and brutal when it comes to destroying her enemies.
Animal Charming - Zahra can speak with, summon, and control felines in particular. In addition, Zahra can shapeshift like most magicians. She takes the form of a lioness, most likely due to her connection with Sekhmet.
Divine Words - Zahra knows and actively uses a decent amount of the divine words.
A'max - "Burn". Summons fire to burn the target. Deeply tied in with Zahra's pyrokinesis ability.
Ha-di - "Destroy". Causes the target to explode. Primarily used to break and shatter smaller objects, and often creates explosions.
Sa-mir - "Pain". Causes of the word to appear all over the target's body which starts to smoke and spark, causing it great pain.
Stahp - "Sever". Used to split a target into two parts.
Sa-hei - "Bring down". Can be used to destroy buildings or other large objects.
Ha-wi - "Strike". A simple attack spell, can be used to strike at a target.
Drowah - "Boundary". Creates a wall of light to defend something or separate two things.
N'dah - "Protect". Can be used to shield people or objects. Stronger when used with protective circles.
Healing Magic - Zahra can brew excellent healing potions, though they aren't the most pleasant to the taste. Said potions can restore most beings back to full health, unless the injuries are incredibly grave. She can also cure illness and wounds through spells and magic, though it does consume a good part of her energy.
Seven Arrows of Sekhmet - Zahra can control the Seven Arrows when linked with Sekhmet, though it requires a lot of focus and energy.
When she channels the full power of Sekhmet, Zahra has access to all of her abilities. However, doing so is incredibly dangerous, and could potentially get her killed in the process.
Languages: Zahra's first language is Arabic, but she is also fluent in English and most forms of Ancient Egyptian.

Physical Description
Zahra is an alluring woman standing at about 5' 6" (approx. 168 cm). Her skin is on the darker side; a warm bronze colour that blatantly indicates her Egyptian heritage. She has curly, voluminous dark brown hair that ends in an auburn ombre, and is cut in a short bob. Her nose is large yet gracefully curved and her face is long and slender, with an ovalline shape. Her eyes are almond-shaped, albeit thinner, with a startling golden colour - reminiscent of those of a lioness. They often framed by thick black khol. Her lips are a medium size, with a pronounced cupid's bow and a larger lower lip. Zahra's body is lithe and muscular, with elegant curves - not unlike that of her goddess' sacred animal.
Zahra only wears clothing made from plants; animal fibers can interfere with magic. Her style is simple yet effortlessly fashionable, often consisting of clothing that is easy to move in. She likes wearing black and rust-orange, often with no prints or designs though occasionally with gold trim. Sometimes she'll wear a crop top to show off her navel piercing, in which is often a golden solar design with a thin gold chain around her waist. Zahra is also known to sport a black fake leather jacket (no animal fibers, of course). Around her neck, she wears a golden amulet with a depiction of Sekhmet's leonine face on it. Zahra's septum is pierced; she typically ports a delicate golden ring wrought in an intricate solar design. She always wears an assortment of golden rings - if not for the sheer fun of them, for the added 'ouch' when punching someone. Some even have symbols carved into them, and function similarly to an amulet. Her lobes have three piercings on each, and her left ear sports a double helix. She usually wears small, decorative golden rings or studs with solar designs to avoid getting in the way during combat.
As for scars, Zahra has a small scar slicing through her right eyebrow like a knife. There are plenty of others scattered across her body, but that is the most notable one.
Zahra has a tattoo of Ma'at on her tongue, as well as a few simple cuff tattoos around her right wrist.

Personality & Background
Zahra is a fierce and cunning woman, albeit a bit of a loose cannon. Though she used to be quick to anger, it is now rather difficult to get under her skin. She has a tendency to be brutally honest, often unwittingly disregarding the feelings of others in the process. She does have a sense of dignity, and greatly dislikes being disrespected. Zahra is not apt to intentionally intimidate others, though she occasionally tends to do so without meaning to. She would rather befriend her allies than cause them undue stress. Zahra can also be very protective, specifically when others are relying on her. She has a high level of self-confidence and will not hesitate to defend her allies.
Though she enjoys to flirt here and there, Zahra is actually afraid of commitment and the emotional attachment that comes with it. Flirting back and forth is fine, but she's not ready for a serious relationship as of yet. Zahra is very loyal to her friends and allies, however, and keeps her word to the best of her ability.
Zahra is also fairly talkative, albeit indirect at times. She is generally very open emotionally, though she does her best to keep any public displays of anger to a minimum when not in combat. Zahra has no qualms about physical contact, but typically reserves it for her closer relationships such as family and friendships. She tends to maintain eye contact when speaking to others.
Likes: Fire, being seen as an equal, flirting, honesty, reliability, spicy foods, dark chocolate, storytelling, humour, family, felines, rock and metal music, and upholding her word.
Dislikes: Blatant shows of intimidation, manipulation, lies, unreliable people, disrespect, dishonour, crass humour, stress, and being controlled by her anger.
Fears: Commitment, rejection, and hurting those she cares for.
Zahra was raised in a family of Magicians. She grew up around the First Nome in Egypt, and was sent to train there in Egypt when she was eight years old. At age thirteen, she was assigned to the Ninth Nome in London and has lived there ever since. As a child, she had a lot of anger issues, but she learned to use her Magician's training as an outlet for all of her rage. This is what initially caught Sekhmet's notice. When the time came that her abilities could progress no further without the aid of a deity, Zahra started to walk the Path of Sekhmet, having felt a pull towards her ever since she was young.
With the state of current events, Zahra has been spending most of her time in the Duat trying to battle the Ogdoad. However, it has become apparent that the Magicians and their gods need aid in the face of such primordial forces. The notable absence of Set and Anubis from the grand battle has also drawn her attention, and she has been sent to Camp Half-Blood to try to garner allies and figure out if the attack on the camp is related in any way to what's happening with the Nomes and the Duat.

Personal Relationships
Zahra is very close with others in her Nome, and treats them like family. By extension, she sees the other Magicians as family and may treat them with more intimacy than she would others.
Feel free to send PMs or just figure things out in RP!

Anything Else
Zahra speaks with an exotic mixture of a London and Arabic accent.
Last edited by WitchHazel on Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby FerretMonarch » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:53 am

Woohoo! Another magician!
FerretMonarch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:53 am

Yay!
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Lovel* » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:45 pm

General Information
Full name: Ash Davis
Nicknames: (if any) any you can think of
Gender/Pronouns: he/him
Birthday: July 10th
Sexuality: Bi

Camp Information
Weapon(s): the crosses on his set of black earrings can turn into twin swords and his silver ones can turn into twin daggers. Also, has a leather patch full of sleep inducing sand.
Godly Parent: Hypnos
Claimed?: yes
Cabin: 15
Powers:
Hypnokinesis: Ash can induce sleep, visions, and dreams
Flight: More like levitation than flight
Shapeshifting: He uses it to change subtle things like hair color or eye color
Number of Beads on Necklace: 2

Physical Description
(general physical traits go here! I.e. height & build, hair colour & style, eye colour, scars/tattoos/birthmarks, clothing style. etc.)
Height:5 ft 9in
Build: Athletic
Hair: White and messy
Eyes: Cognac brown, orange/red near pupil that melts onto a honey color
Clothing style: dark blue faded jeans, black t-shirt, red and black flannel over the t-shirt or tied around waist with black boots
Extra:
Has a beauty mark under right eye
No labret piercing

He mostly wears the black or silver ones

Personality & Background
(General personality stuff! Likes & dislikes, fears, fatal flaws, etc. Backstory goes here as well!)
Personality: Ash is an ambivert, depending on the person he tries to match their energy. He's very easy going which can either be good thing or bad thing, some consider it as lazy sometimes. He has decked out Hypnos cabin making it a great place to play video games. He can occasionally get in his feels about being lonely but other than that has a happy go lucky attitude.
Dislikes: loud noises (they really hurt his ears, he's sensitive to them) and Waking up early (He's a night owl)

Personal Relationships
Mirabelle: Ash and her know each other on basic terms and are friendly when interacting but that about it.
Juliet: Her and Ash tend to hang out and play video games. Ash has noticed her stealing some Lethe water but he's no snitch. He also enjoys joining in on her joyous pranks.
Chuck: Chuck? Oh goat man! yeah, they are chill.
Delilah: Ash enjoys her company at their cabin and at the table but is sad that she tends to stick to her sister. He'd like to get to know her more.
Dahlia: Ash holds a bit of resentment towards her since she makes it difficult for him to get to know Delilah more.

Anything Else
Playlist:
Killer Queen- Queen
don't cry- sadeyes
Bang!- AJR
Are You Bored Yet?- Wallows ft. Clairo
Middle Fingers- MISSIO
Zombie- Bad Wolves
Heartbeat- Childish Gambino
Float on the Sound- Tiagz
Ash loves Mythology and knows a lot about Gods and Goddesses

Code: Select all
[center][color=#56A5EC][size=150][b]〖 ☾ 〗[/b]Ash Davis[b]〖 ☾ 〗[/b][/size][/color][/center]
[center][color=#56A5EC][size=85]Son of Hypnos ☼☽ Cabin 15 ☼☽ 17 ☼☽ Bisexual[/size][/color][/center]
☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆

[color=#56A5EC][/color]

[left][color=#56A5EC]Tags:
Last edited by *Lovel* on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:48 am, edited 12 times in total.

Steven Grant.Marc Spector.Khonshu.

*Lovel*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:55 pm

Accepted! c:
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galeslash7 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:00 pm

Both my gals are open! Ooh, more new characters!

Just for FYI, I am giving permission for Bay to be possessed at any time. Skylar would be harder to possess, however so you'll have to ask me about that before.
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

delilah luna west

Postby norvina! » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:58 pm

full name; delilah l. west
nicknames; lilah, luna
gender; female
age; seventeen
birthday; april nineteenth
sexuality; pansexual

weapon(s); moon - a silver shield she'd gotten from her father
dreamwalker - a simple dreamcatcher that when looked at will send you into a stunned dreamlike state
godly parent; hypnos
claimed?; yes
cabin; 15
powers; hypnokinesis - the ability to manipulate sleep patterns, dreams. it can also immediately induce sleep or cause insomnia

memory altercation - can retrieve or remove memories from someone's brain, can also be used to plant in fake memories

hypnosis - extremely talented with hypnosis, often even conversing with her she's almost hypnotic

astral projection - very good with astral projection, often surveys camper's dreams to keep away nightmares.

other abilities;
flight - soft white feathery wings that sprout from two large scars on her back

emotion manipulation - she is able to somewhat calm people around her, it can only extend so far before she gets exhausted

physical description; around 5'3, pale skin with a few light freckles from the sun. soft lilac eyes with long blonde lashes, blonde hair sitting mid back (shaved later on). enjoys wearing soft flowy clothing, loose blouses, dresses, sweatpants ect. thin build (slightly athletic later on) she usually keeps her nails nice and painted, a small opal pendant can be seen on her at all times, another necklace would be her locket with a picture of her sister in it. two long vertical scars can be seen from her back, left by her wings as they emerged from her skin years back. smells sweet, like lilacs with a bit of chamomile. very inviting and comfortable aura

personality & background; delilah has a very big heart which can be seen as she practically wears it on her sleeve, her caring and sweet personality attracts people to her often. she'd often been praised by her mother for her kind and calm behavior. dahlia had been a much more rambunctious child, being scolded often by their mom and teachers. delilah grew up with the same temperament, keeping a kind and open mind. often letting herself be stepped on like a doormat, bullies often took their fair share of hits at her. throughout the years cracks in her personality had begun to form, revealing a much more manipulative, vengeful, angered girl. delilah likes to keep those parts of herself under-wraps, remaining as the usual 'nice' girl she is.

hypnos and nemesis placed the twins within a surrogate mother as the result of a bet gone-wrong, their mother had slim chances of giving birth to children. both of the girls had been like a gift to her. delilah grew up with a huge connection to her sister, often they'd follow eachother around without even knowing it. they'd gotten very attached from the start, attending school had been difficult. kids viewed the two as weird, often picking on delilah more than dahlia. during the summers they'd spend their time at camp, delilah loved camp. seeing all of her family and getting away from school felt amazing to her. eventually she made the choice to be a permanent camper as she reached ninth grade, a quest came around sending some campers off including two hypnos kids. they'd passed away on the quest, leaving delilah as the cabin counselor.

anything else; delilah loves flowers, she often spends time collecting little flowers around the camp to give them away. if you're having a hard time, expect a little flower to brighten your day.[/center]
Last edited by norvina! on Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
norvina! | she/her | (*˘︶˘*).。*♡
🍬 | 🍭 | 🧁 | ©

norvina!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:03 pm

Accepted! What a wholesome bean aaa
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby norvina! » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:33 pm

♟️🌑ᴅᴀʜʟɪᴀ 🌑♟️
full name; dahlia a. west
nicknames; lia
gender; female
age; seventeen
birthday; april nineteenth
sexuality; bisexual

weapon(s); she owns no defensive weapons, gifted a whip from her mother, it's usually tied around her waist and hidden as a belt. when removed it changes into a black whip.
godly parent; nemesis
claimed?; yes
cabin; 16
powers; tychokenesis - the ability to control luck and probability, she can manipulate situations to her favor and grant luck upon people. sometimes things go wrong and she can give misfortune rather than luck
shadow manipulation - dahlia can use the dark to her will, appearing in and out of the shadows is practically her favorite thing, creating more shadows is rather strenuous though
curses - she can grant curses upon enemies and wish bad omens, she'll get you with bad karma

beads on necklace; tons

physical description; dahlia is also rather short, the same height as her twin about 5'1 (154.94 cm). she has ravenous purplish-black eyes, pale clean skin. she has a deep scar on her cheek inflicted while training, she also has a few scars on her knees and arms from training as well. silky blonde hair reaching to her back, she usually lets her sister tie it up for her. enjoys wearing loose shirts tucked into her pants, rather stylish she usually is the one to bug her sister about her sleepy appearance.

personality & background; dahlia is a huge tsundere, she's cold and brash on the outside but she is such a huge softie on the inside. she loves to gamble or make bets, although alot of campers don't bet with her since she's a bit of a cheater she can still convince a few. loves to train and duel, a huge competitive person. around her sister she's a huge softie, usually clinging onto her or laying around while she sleeps. drags her sister into pranks around the camp, spending so many years there she grew bored and began to prank other campers, she longs for more companionship. although she's tough on people when first meeting them, she's one of the most loyal people you meet but she's also extremely vengeful.

both her and her twin were created out of a lost bet between nemesis and hypnos, using a human vessel the two were born. since birth dahlia was a really lucky child, excelling in her courses and hanging around her sister she was a bit quiet around the other kids. being isolated by other kids she resorted to bullying them back, eventually getting pulled out of school she grew rather possessive over her sister. after spending a few years at camp she grew into individuality, although she's still clingy to her sister she can form and create good relationships with others.

personal relationships;
mom - neutral, dahlia never really viewed her as her mother. not quite having that bond, she was excited to get out of the house and go to camp. she sometimes asks about her mother from delilah but doesn't worry too much about the woman.

delilah - a strong loving and caring bond, she'd do anything to protect her sister. spends quite alot of time by her side usually dragging her out of bed to train together, their weapons working well in offense and defense. nothing would come in between the two.

pm me for more!

anything else; dahlia is a hardcore romantic, wishing good omens and granting luck to her favorite couples she also has a stash of cheesy romantic novels. if you're close to dahlia, you'll end up being rather lucky
x
norvina! | she/her | (*˘︶˘*).。*♡
🍬 | 🍭 | 🧁 | ©

norvina!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me