Witches, Wands, and Wizards - An HP RP [Discussion Thread]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Witches, Wands, and Wizards - An HP RP [Discussion Threa

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:41 am

Alrighty, I'll post here in a few c:
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salvation. » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:38 am

General Information
Full name:Death Hamiltion
Nicknames (if any):N/A
Birthday:October 13th
Sexuality:Straight
Blood Type (pureblood, mixblood, etc.):Pureblood

Appearance
Height:5'4
Build:Shes thin (becuase she has a high metabolism) but she has some muscle
Skin Type:White with a slight tan
Hair Colour and Style:Deaths hair is black, she likes to keep it down.
Eye Shape and Colour:Almond, ice blue
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks (if any):N/A

Digging Deeper
Personality:Death is cold and stubborn. She's mean but not evil, she just likes to bother people.
Dislikes:Crowded areas, water, and homework
Fears:Drowning, worms, and people who are taller than her
History:

Personal Relationships
Parents:Vanessa Hamilton (Mother), Hunter Hamilton (Father)
Siblings (if any):Fang (she's too young to go to school)
Friends:Open
Enemies:Open
Crush/Significant Other:Open
Pets:She has a black cat named Shadow, people say she looks just like Death because the cats also has blue eyes.

School Information
House:Slytherin
Year:6
Title (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.):She doesn't like school activities
Favourite Class:Potions
Least Favourite Class:Divination

Magic Information
Wand Appearance:A straight piece of wood with a crack along the side
Wand Wood:Hawthorn
Wand Core:Dragon heartstring
Wand Flexibility:None
Wand Length:12 inches
Patronus:Snow leopard
Boggart: A giant worm

Other:

General Information
Full name:Jade Frost
Nicknames (if any):Nope
Birthday:December 16th
Sexuality:Bisexual
Blood Type (pureblood, muggle-born, etc.):Half blood

Appearance
Height:6'
Build:Jade has an average body build.
Skin Type:Ghostly white
Hair Colour and Style:She has dark brown hair, although she keeps it in a high ponytail
Eye Shape and Colour:Almond, and brown
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks (if any):She has a scar that goes through her lips

Digging Deeper
Personality:Jade is quite fun, she likes to joke around with her students and almost always lets them get away with anything.
Dislikes:Stubborn people, dark areas, and bugs
Fears:Bugs, the dark
History:WIP

Personal Relationships
Parents:Trinity Frost (muggle mother), father unknown
Siblings (if any):None
Friends:Pretty much all her students and the teachers
Enemies:Open
Crush/Significant Other:Open
Pets:She has a male snow owl named Reed

School Information
Former House:Slytherin
Class They Teach:Potions
Head of House Position?:Slytherin?

Magic Information
Wand Appearance:Crooked
Wand Wood:Redwood
Wand Core:Unicorn hair
Wand Flexibility:Quite flexible
Wand Length:13 inches
Patronus:A dog
Boggart:A huge cricket

Other:Hey why not be the potions teacher!
Last edited by salvation. on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
writer-aries-she/her-entp-slytherin-chaotic neutral
salvation.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:42 am

Accepted! Everyone is on the train to Hogwarts right now c:

I can see her and Killian either getting along really well or hating each other's guts XD
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

WW&W - Zoe Moon Form

Postby Chamrosh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:47 am

General Information
    Full name: So-Hui Moon
    Nicknames (if any): Zoe
    Birthday: 1st September
    Sexuality: Pansexual
    Blood Type (pureblood, mixblood, etc.): Muggle-Born

Appearance
    Height: Quite short, enough that she's noticeably small even among first years. She hit her growth spurt early, ended it early, and is stuck being small.
    Build: Fairly slender, although certainly not skinny.
    Skin Type: Zoe's of Asian descent, so fairly tanned.
    Hair Colour and Style: Her hair's currently quite long and normally slicked back into a neat bun, but she's been longing to get it cut short for years, so she doesn't have to waste time with it. Her hair's very sleek and shiny, and a pitch black colour.
    Eye Shape and Colour: Dark brown, with an almond shape to them.
    Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks (if any): Only in the form of freckles

Digging Deeper
    Personality: Zoe is a logician and proud. She stands up for logic and reason in the face of almost anything, and is actively disgusted by people who fail to recognise the logic in things. She's naturally very intelligent- she wouldn't be a Ravenclaw if she wasn't. That said, she did tell the hat that Ravenclaw was a pointless house when she was being sorted. She was also offered Hufflepuff, and would honestly have preferred that.
    She has quite a lot of ambition to make up new spells and potions, not realising quite how hard this can be to perfect.
    Zoe gets very nervous about rule breaking and being seen as rude, but that doesn't mean she won't perform either of these. Zoe is very calm and collected, and dislikes acting emotionally. She's very diligent, to the extent that she packed a load of muggle text-books into her luggage so that she can keep up her muggle education (and also so that her muggle friends have no reason to think her a dunce). She can be a little bit pedantic with other people, and wanting to make sure they get things precisely correct.
    Zoe wants to study everything next year (not yet knowing how illogical Divination is, and how inaccurate Muggle Studies is). She has an eidetic memory, and a shockingly fast reading pace, which still doesn't help her get her logical brain around how most magic works.
    She actually quite likes people, and can be very extroverted, but she can be awkward to get to know, and because of that, often struggles in social situations anyway. Despite her fears of breaking rules, if something isn't explicitly against the rules, she'll do it; which is why she's the only person in her class who just uses a normal fountain pen for writing, instead of a quill. She's completely unafraid of being seen as weird or different.

Likes: Thinking outside the box, logic, science, learning, reading, intellectual challenges, experiments, maths, the rare things that are illogical in an entertaining way (eg works by Monty Python, Lewis Caroll, Douglas Adams), practicing spells, strategic planning, being right, sitting by the lake to do homework when it's warm enough, coming up with new ideas, running, writing (especially in a serious tone or while parodying a serious tone), being in the non-forbidden forest.
    Dislikes: Quidditch (with a passion), having to get up in the middle of the night for astronomy class, astronomy class, having to answer riddles to get into the common room, making mistakes, eating animal products, there not being any indication of which dishes are vegan-suitable, the moving staircases, the sheer size of the place for a maximum of about 1,000 students, the fact that most people don't twig there are two forests and keep getting annoyed at her for entering one of them (one of them wouldn't need to be specified as forbidden if there weren't two!), being patronised, the rules about pets, distractions, having to wear robes, using a quill, how the ministry works... and many other little things.
    Fears: Being thought to be stupid, breaking rules, being rude accidentally, getting into trouble, being expelled.
    History: Zoe was born to a natural sciences professor at Cambridge university (her father), and a librarian (her mother), so was exposed to scientific thinking from a very young age. She's a second generation Korean (RoK, not DPRoK) immigrant. She had a fairly normal childhood, albeit for the odd inexplicable thing caused by her magic, and being fairly consistently at the very top of her class. Because she got so easily frustrated with her classmates who couldn't think so logically as her, she spent most of her time in her primary school with her little sister at break times.
    It took a long time for the member of staff who visited her to tell her about Hogwarts to convince her that she actually could do magic, and not that there was something up with her and she had hallucinations.

Personal Relationships
    Parents: Sung Moon (Father), Nari Moon (Mother)
    Siblings (if any): Young Moon (Older brother, muggle), Hana Moon (Younger Sister, muggle-born)
    Friends: Few, but valued. She'll often try to make friends with people who get put off by her way of thinking.
    Enemies: Anyone who likes illogicisms.
    Crush/Significant Other: NA
    Pets: It took her an immense amount of courage, but she bought a raven from the Magical Menagerie and called it Xenia. Her justifications included: owls flying around in the daytime is a dead give away of wizards, so it's best to have a day time bird; a day time bird flying around at night which isn't black would also be a dead give away; no-one can get annoyed at her if she can justify it under protecting the International Statute of Secrecy; corvidae are all very intelligent, whereas owls are rather thick by bird standards, and intelligence is rather important as it allows them to get to their destination more accurately; the acceptance letter says that students may bring an owl, cat or rat, not that they can only bring one of those; ravens are cheaper; they were freely available; no one will get suspicious of a raven that looks to have stolen a letter, as it is a raven, further helping with the ISoS thing; she actually has a clue how to feed a raven; having a bird is indisputably useful if you want to keep in touch with your parents (she does); and ravens fit the image of a witch in a non-impractical way.
School Information
    House: Ravenclaw
    Year: First Year
    Title (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.): NA, though she'll probably end up a prefect once she's old enough for it. ...class nerd
    Favourite Class: Transfiguration. History of Magic would be her joint favourite if the teacher was anywhere near as interesting as the actual subject, and she still quite enjoys it! She just re-reads the text-book instead of listening for most of the lessons...
    Least Favourite Class: Astronomy And Divination

Magic Information
    Wand Appearance: Plain, dark polished wood, with only a slightly raised area for a handle.
    Wand Wood: Pine
    Wand Core: Unicorn Hair
    Wand Flexibility: Pliable
    Wand Length: 10"
    Patronus: Domestic Pig
    Boggart: A teacher acting so illogically that she gets angry enough to yell at them- thereby breaking rules and looking stupid- and gets expelled because of this, and then seeing her life going slowly downhill from there until it's a total mess. It's extremely illogical for someone so logical.

Other: Hope this is okay~
Even if I'm accepted today/tomorrow, I won't be posting replies until Tuesday. I might well make another character/other characters but I really like having a logician in a HP setting! It works really well both in terms of having someone different, and in terms of having an only sane man to play off everyone else.
Character Form
Last edited by Chamrosh on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:56 am

Accepted! c:
Everyone's on the train right now; headed towards Hogwarts.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salvation. » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:34 am

I made a teacher! She's underneath Death's form!
writer-aries-she/her-entp-slytherin-chaotic neutral
salvation.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:39 am

Accepted! c:
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:47 am

@Chamrosh: I can have Killian answer to Zoe if you'd like
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adallina » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Jason is back! Jason is back! Jason is back! Love that character
Hey, I'm Lina c: I love fictional writing and reading as well as art of course!
Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken. ~Oscar Wilde

Image Image
Adallina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 pm

^^ Same XD
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me