IN OUR TIME

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

IN OUR TIME

Postby windsorblue17 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:59 pm

For humans, it's all the same: get bit and become a zombie, or just get completely devoured and
become dinner. It's the collapse of humanity, predicted by many, feared by all. Only a few humans had made it thus far, the majority of their kind becoming zombie bait or zombies themselves. It's truly a tragedy; that is, if there were any humans left to recognize it as such.

In the wake of a zombie apocalypse, the animal kingdom is the only one left and truly at risk. Humans are now mindless, going after the very species they used to preserve. Some animals are immune, but missing important resources produced by the humans. Others, such as the wolf population, are stirred in a much more perilous way. Seemingly at the touch of a zombie, the canines will be at risk of death in just a few hours.

Eight wolves have joined forces. With humans far out of the picture, they have grown to know how to care for themselves. Avoid the zombies at all costs, for they will try and eat you. Eat what little prey comes your way gratefully. Find shelter for the night. Stick close to your comrades, even if they are your worst enemies. By these rules, these wolves have made it so far, and they plan to make it even further.

Their destination is still unknown to them, but the one thing they want most is to be free of the constantly looming zombies. Somewhere safe, where they can do as they please without having to fear for their lives. But only God knows if such a place exists. Together, we'll struggle for survival. Foes will become brothers, enemies friends.

Will you survive until the end? Or will you shake hands with the death that's taken every trace of your previous life?

Only time will tell.
windsorblue17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: IN OUR TIME

Postby windsorblue17 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Wolves are wolves. They have no thumbs, therefore they are unable to wield weapons. All they have
are the claws on their feet, and the teeth in their mouth. Consequently, this zombie life is a hard life.Granted,
they are capable of killing zombies, but they have to be extremely cautious. If they were to be
scratched or bitten by one of the rotten corpses, they will not stop bleeding. The zombie-human
reaction is much different than the zombie-wolf reaction. Humans transform into a corpse
themselves, and then try and eat all the surviving humans. For
the wolves, the zombies have an anti-coagulating agent in their saliva and nailbeds, making it so any that the wolf affected
won't stop bleeding until death.

However, a wolf may not particularly die from a scratch or a bite. They will be weakened to a point,
but after so long the effect wears off and the wolves' system fights to form a clot, and eventually will
succeed. And by to a point, I'm speaking near death. However, if the wolf does not cover the wound up and apply pressure then there is no hope, and they will be a goner within hours. It's recommended that wolves don't travel alone, because if they are bitten or
scratched in a strange spot they can't reach... death is imminent.

As of right now in the roleplay, some wolves have joined as a group.They are in a small town in Pennsylvania.
They still have no idea where they are headed, and are trying to make it out of town alive and in
one group. One wolf has risen as the leader of the little pack, but there is no real order. It's safe to say the world is in shambles for every species that still remains living.

Literacy
    This roleplay has a two-hundred word minimum. Well-written sentences, good grammar, spelling, and nice formats are all required. Writer's block may not be used as an excuse for failing to meet these requirements.

Characters
    One character per person. Characters must be realistic and detailed. No blue eyes for wolves. Just remember what Hannah Montana said. Nobody's perfect! (Also, you gotta work it).

Plot
    Talin and I know which direction this roleplay will be taking. If you have questions as things progress, feel free to PM us.

Commitment
    In order to keep this roleplay alive, we ask that you post at least every three days. If you can't do this, don't join.

Forms
    To demonstrate your literacy, you'll be making your own forms. Have fun with it! I would also like you to PM me a roleplay sample before you post your forms!

Signatures
    Please, for the love of god, disable your signatures! It keeps the thread looking beautiful.

The End
    Talin is the co-owner and has the authority to do everything that I do. Have fun and ask as many questions as you need to be successful in this roleplay! Don't be afraid to PM me, son.
windsorblue17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby windsorblue17 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:11 pm

MALES

HE KILLING MACHIN
        Best known for his desire to destroy the human zombies, this is a very rough-around-the-edges kind of guy. You might even go so far as to say he enjoys killing and would kill those bitten if he was allowed under the premise that, 'they wouldn't have to suffer.'
                  name;; here user;; here

HE CARELES
        The most oblivious of the group, this male has trouble seeing what's right in front of him. Uncoordinated and apathetic, the male holds little respect in the group and has been pegged as the first one to die.
                  name;; here user;; here

HE STRATEGIS
        This male is just the opposite of the careless. He is extremely observant and intelligent, finding the right path through a field of treacherous choices. He strives to do what's best for the wolves in the group, which might be the reason they have made him their leader.
                  name;; pilot user;; talin

HE LOVESIC
        It doesn't matter if the world is in shambles around him, this brute will try to win the heart of any female he comes across. His whole personality revolves around females, as he is constantly trying to impress him with his masculinity or quirky jokes. This wolf is always in a good mood, as long as there is at least one female in the vicinity.
                  name;; here user;; here

FEMALES

HE SCARE
        Before the apocalypse, this female was a scaredy cat. Now, things have only been heightened. There is nothing she fears more than being bitten and bleeding out and would do anything to protect herself, even if it meant sacrificing someone else's life. She tries to put as many wolves as she can between her and the outside world.
                  name;; here user;; nine.

HE RELIABL
        Loyal and selfless, this wolf would do absolutely anything to save the weakest of companions. She's always the one to volunteer to do the tougher jobs, not hesitating in putting her life on the line again and again. She is deeply respected by every wolf in the group, though is often overlooked by her humbleness. She is a motherly figure to most, and is often the one others come to when they have a problem on their hands.
                  name;; here user;; rose ;

HE KNOWLEDGEABL
        She is perhaps the smartest among the group, and the leader usually comes to her for advice on big decisions. To some, she could be seen as the second-in-command, but she doesn't see herself as such and would rather keep to herself and communicate with the leader than be given a rank above the rest of the group. She just wants to fit in, and not be an outcast like she was in her pack before.
                  name;; here user;; timber.

HE ARROGAN
        The wolf with the biggest ego, she walks on the earth like nothing could go wrong in her life, despite the pressing danger all around her. If it was her decision, she would be the leader of the group (and they'd also probably all be dead by now). Her eyes don't see the faults in herself, but they certainly see them in others, and she won't hesitate in calling them out. She thinks she's better than anyone else and shows it.
                  name;; here user;; here
Last edited by windsorblue17 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windsorblue17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby windsorblue17 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:12 pm

OPEN FOR BUSINESS, READ THE RULES.
windsorblue17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cakewalk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:03 am

I AM EASY TO INSPIRE. THERE IS
LITTLE I REQUIRE.

Name: Micah
Nickname: None
Name Meaning: None

Title: The Strategist

Height: Thirty four inches
Weight: One hundred and twelve pounds

Crush: None
Mate: None
Pups: None
Living Family: None
Best Friend: Unknown

Previous Rank: Hunter
Current Rank: Leader

I HAVE NO HOME, I HAVE NO LAND. BUT IT DOESN'T TROUBLE ME.

Born into a large pack with eight brothers and sisters, Micah never knew a life without constant competition. From birth, life was a struggle, and immediately he needed to prove he was the strongest to get the best out of life. Unfortunately for little Micah, he wasn't the strongest. Somewhere in the middle, he got just enough milk from his mother to grow and managed to survive to opening his eyes. Then it was play fighting, showing each other up and tumbling over the ground. Never the strongest, the gray male would often get stuck beneath his larger brothers.

Then he made it to his first birthday, where the competition only became harsher. All of the lessons the young wolves had learned were brought forward, and each wolf was forced to perform as best as he or she could to earn the highest position he was capable of. One brother was named beta. Another lead hunter. When it came to him, he was put as a hunter. Nothing special there, made to carry out monotonous duties for the pack. All the while, his keen mind was picking up the subtleties in the pack and in his own job, and he horded knowledge, playing on it in his free time to better himself while no one's eyes were on him, testing him, seeing if he would add up to anything in life.

When everything started, young Micah could tell something was wrong. The air had changed. Strong smells of decay started overwhelming him on hunts, distracting him from the real prize. And then the pack encountered one of them - a human with dead eyes and rotting flesh. Not knowing what it was the pack attacked. Micah was a little less sure. He hung back, watching it tear at his companion's flesh with its teeth and nails. So strange. Only five wolves out of twenty made it out without some sort of wound that day. Micah's reluctance to attack and his unique observational skills had kept him out of harm's way, and soon he discovered what a good idea that had been. Though the thing was dead, no one was safe. Soon the wounded wolves began to die off because the bleeding just couldn't be stopped.

Only five wolves out of twenty lived to tell that tale. They tried to stick together, opting to leave their home. They encountered another zombie and lost another, Micah learning from his pack's mistakes and landing the final blow. He taught the three remaining wolves how to kill. He became the leader of the small quartet, leading his family through hazardous terrain with them depending on him. Another succumbed to starvation as the winter closed in on them. Two wolves left, both of who had never trusted Micah. They left, leaving the now four-year-old on his own.

He traveled around alone, moving here and there, evading the mass of humans that now stumbled through the forest looking for their next meal. He didn't dare try to kill them on his own. Soon he began to pick up others. Not wanting to navigate the world alone, they teamed up. Soon there were seven others, and they again pushed him to be their leader. Suddenly there was no competition, no need to prove he was better than these seven. He was known by each of them and never pressured to be anything he wasn't. Micah thrived. He became the leader no one had ever expected him to be.
Cakewalk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xelinator » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:22 am

Last edited by Xelinator on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

hello !! i'm a little dead rn,
getting my life in order <: !
will be visiting back on
occasion <3
[ viscets ]
i'm a random art student who really likes animals

Xelinator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tremayne » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:07 am

the scared will go here.
Tremayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cakewalk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:32 pm

{Bump.}
Cakewalk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

► VIENNA

Postby windsorblue17 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:18 pm

ImageImage
    She was born into a polished world, one of order, timeliness, and organization. Though, none of those characteristics suited this disorderly pup, Vienna tried her best to cater to the rules and regulations that came along with pack life all throughout her puppyhood. Be respectful to your higher-ups. Don't eat until your turn. Follow orders without question. The rules made her life seem so bitterly ordinary, when deep inside she felt like a remarkable, unique being. It was almost as if leading that terribly monotonous life was completely against her nature, and when she reached her teenage stage, it began to show. Instead of conforming like a mindless drone in the depths of the large pack, Vienna tried to stand out. She tried to be extraordinary. In anything, really. Hunting, fighting, arguing, rebelling. She didn't care at that point... anything to confirm her suspicions that she was, in fact, completely unique.

With each failure, the winter white wolf was cast further out of the social circle. She wasn't great at fighting. Hunting, either. Not to mention she could barely raise her voice without her words wavering, so rebelling was out of the question.

It made her feel so unbelievably small.

Then, in the middle of a dark Summer night, for the first time in her life, two-year-old Vienna decided to take control on her own. She exited her shabby cave with wobbling limbs and walked away, growing steadier with each step. She walked past rushing rivers and steady stones, through thick forests and barren fields. And then, you see, Vienna did something completely extraordinary.

She never looked back.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ever since that fateful Summer night, she has changed dramatically. Her boisterous and unique personality makes it impossible for her to blend in and difficult to forget. She grows more intelligent by the hour, surpassing almost all wolves in knowledge and strategy. However, Vienna still has difficulty both hunting and fighting, but has since improved. She is extremely likable and easy to get along with, but is sometimes too sensitive to what others have to say. Overall, she's grown into a well-rounded, beautiful wolf who is certainly worth your time.

Best of luck, Vienna dearest.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
windsorblue17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Electric~Lime~Zebra » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:57 pm

{{The Arrogant : if open, i am making the form now }}
Last edited by Electric~Lime~Zebra on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Electric~Lime~Zebra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me