𝐯𝐨π₯𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐜π₯𝐚𝐧 -- ✴ [o&a]

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

𝐯𝐨π₯𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐜π₯𝐚𝐧 -- ✴ [o&a]

Postby Maplejay » Sat May 06, 2023 1:03 am

Volcano by Din Muhammad Sumon, on Flickr

𝐰𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐒𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲, 𝐒𝐭 𝐑𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐬 . . .
β–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒ
long ago, a group of cats formed a clan at the base of a volcano, attracted to the fresh, succulent pine forest that was blossoming after an eruption seven years prior. they say that through the ashes of a volcano comes the most fertile land, afterall. thus, volcanoclan was born, a group of hardy felines who pride themselves in being fearless and resiliant. decades have passed since an eruption, but volcanoclan's luck will soon run out... the medicine cat has received ominous message from starclan, while clan members are starting to sense a shift in the earth beneath them. the cats of volcanoclan must first escape the explosion of lava, and those who make it out in one piece must make a treacherous journey to find a new home after decades of living in peace without the involvement of twolegs and other clans.
β–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒ

discussion

Last edited by Maplejay on Sun May 07, 2023 12:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Maplejay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 𝐯𝐨π₯𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐜π₯𝐚𝐧 -- information

territory: volcanoclan's home territory is in a pine forest at the base of the volcano. a river runs through the end of their territory furthest from the volcano, forming their border. the camp is an area of dense undergrowth, with the leaders den being at the base of a rock, the medicine cat den being inside a large, hollowed tree, and the nursery, apprentice's, elder's, and warriors' dens being dugouts beneath large bushes. the cats hunt rodents and birds most frequently, sometimes fish from the river.

season: greenleaf

weather: currently sunny with a warm breeze

plot information: the volcanic eruption will begin on page 5 of the roleplay, giving us all time to develop our characters a bit before chaos ensues. then, the cats will be forced to find a new territory, as the pine forest is on fire. they will make a journey, experiencing twolegs and other groups of cats for the first time, and the survivors will reside in a new territory.

Last edited by Maplejay on Mon May 15, 2023 2:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Maplejay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝐯𝐨π₯𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐜π₯𝐚𝐧 -- allegiances

Leader. [1/1]
β†  infernostar | tom | 50 moons | large smoke-point cat with amber eyes | Maplejay

Deputy. [1/1]
β†  albinoleap | she-cat |47 moons | long-furred, black and white with pale green eyes| Albino_

Medicine Cat. [1/1]
β†  lightningfeather | she-cat | 63 moons | cream and white she-cat, missing one leg | Queen of Flames

Medicine Cat Apprentice. [1/1]
β†  ivypaw| she-cat | 6 moons | light grey with dark grey flecks and dark green eyes | Mist

Warriors. [15/--]
β†  ashenfall | tom | 14 moons | solid grey with blue-green eyes | Maplejay
β†  shadowleap | tom | 14 moons | long-legged black tom with green eyes | Mist
β†  sparknight | tom | 38 moons | orange and white tabby | Queen of Flames
β†  softstep | she-cat | 24 moons | long-furred black she-cat with one green eye and one missing eye | Catfrog
β†  sootpool | tom | 41 moons | silver tabby tom with yellow eyes | Catfrog
β†  cinderstream | she-cat | 50 moons | black with pale green eyes | daifuku
β†  owlsong| she-cat | 32 moons | mottled brown tabby with pale green eyes | red october
β†  hollowfall | tom | 32 moons | physical description | red october
β†  sunfallow| tom | 39 moons| pale orange tabby with green eyes | red october
β†  sablethroat| tom | 21 moons | brown tom with black markings and gray eyes | anathema
β†  thicketfog | tom | 22 moons | brown tabby with dark green eyes | coffee.berry
β†  jaguarcloud| she-cat | 20 moons | light brown bengal with hazel eyes | coffee.berry
β†  shadesong | she-cat | 56 moons | slender siamese cat | sin.amonroll
β†  ravenfrost | tom | 28 moons | black and white tuxedo tom | monsteras.
β†  aspenwhisker | she-cat | 27 moons | light calico with green eyes | monsteras.
β†  name | sex | age | physical description | user

Apprentices. [6/--]
β†  condorpaw | she-cat | 9 moons | siamese cat with blue eyes | Maplejay
β†  nettlepaw | tom | 6 moons | dark grey tabby with blue eyes | Mist
β†  wrenpaw | she-cat| 11 moons | long-furred black cat | Queen of Flames
β†  brackenpaw | tom | 7 moons | brown tabby with olive eyes | daifuku
β†  marrowpaw | tom | 7 moons | large white cat with grey-green eyes |red october
β†  creekpaw | tom |10 moons | pale ginger tabby | sin.amonroll
β†  name | sex | age | physical description | user

Queens. [1/--]
β†  brightstep | she-cat | 36 moons | long-hair white she-cat with grey points & blue eyes

Kits. [2/--]
β†  lakekit | she-cat| 4 moons | long-furred grey she-cat with amber eyes | Mist
β†  featherkit | tom | 4 moons | long-furred white tom with amber eyes and a fluffy tail| Mist

Elders. [3/--]
β†  plumflame | she-cat | 73 moons | large black cat with green eyes | Maplejay
β†  blazeflight | she-cat | 46 moons | scarred flame-red she-cat with long legs and amber eyes | anathema
β†  sundapple | she-cat| 103 moons | calico cat | sin.amonroll

γ€ˆCats Outside The Clan〉2/--
β†  tiger | tom | 41 moons | bengal cat | Queen of Flames
β†  marble | she-cat | 8 moons | silver tabby | Queen of Flames

[ ✩ - mentoring | β™‘ - has a crush on | β™₯ - is mates with | β™’ - is the parent of | ♦ are siblings]

albinoleap β™‘ infernostar
aspenshade β™‘ ashenfall
wrenpaw β™‘ ashenfall
marrowpaw β™‘ ivypaw

lightningfeather ✩ ivypaw
sparknight ✩ nettlepaw
sootpool ✩ condorpaw
cinderstream ✩ wrenpaw
sunfallow ✩ brackenpaw
albinoleap ✩ marrowpaw
ravenfrost ✩ creekpaw

ashenfall ♦ shadowleap
cinderstream ♦ infernostar
lakekit ♦ featherkit
owlsong ♦ hollowfall
plumflame β™’ infernostar & cinderstream
brightstep β™’ lakekit & featherkit
shadesong β™’ condorpaw

Last edited by Maplejay on Mon May 29, 2023 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Maplejay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 𝐯𝐨π₯𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐜π₯𝐚𝐧 -- ✴ [o&a]

Postby Maplejay » Mon May 15, 2023 2:57 pm

♔-- infernostar

leader | 50 moons | large smoke point tabby, amber eyes | location: middle of camp| tags: open

infernostar's amber eyes blinked open, a feeling of slight anxiety immediately creeping over him. something was different, he could feel it in his paws. yet, at the same time, nothing had changed since yesterday. the feeling of uneasiness was difficult to shake, and it made the large smoky tom nervous -- he wasn't one to normally spend his mornings worrying. he rose to his paws, shaking the strands of moss off his long pelt, and crawled out of the leader's den which was under a large boulder. his immediate thought was to check on the clanmates, his mother, his sister, and his best friend. his eyes scanned the clearing and he felt a brief moment of relief when he saw his mother, plumflame, basking in the morning sunlight outside of the elder's den. infernostar took a deep breath, trying to clear himself of the feeling that something was off. he sat down outside the boulder, watching over the camp protectively as cats began to wake up and start their morning duties.

♕-- plumflame

elder | 73 moons | long-furred black cat, pale green eyes | location: elder's den | tags: open

plumflame was basking in the sunlight directly outside of the elder's den. the sun warmed up her dark pelt with ease. she blinked lovingly at her son, infernostar, as the two made eye contact from across the camp. something was especially intense about his gaze this morning. plumflame rested her head on her paws.

☾-- condorpaw

apprentice of sootpool | 9 moons | siamese cat, blue eyes | location: apprentice's den | tags: open

condorpaw was snoozing in the apprentice's den. she was a deep sleeper and usually didn't wake until the other apprentice's began to stir. her tail rested tidily on her nose as she dreamed about hunting the biggest rabbit to ever exist.

✴-- ashenfall

warrior |14 moons | solid grey with green eyes | location: warrior's den | tags: open

ashenfall woke up early. he sat up in his nest of moss and bird feathers and began grooming his thick, grey pelt. after he finished, he rose to his four paws and stretched, reaching his claws out in front of him, before exiting the warrior's den. he smiled to himself as the sun hit his body and his ears swiveled, listening to the sound of birds calling from the tall pines above.
Maplejay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albino_ » Tue May 16, 2023 12:21 am

albinoleap β—‹ molly β—‹ 47 moons β—‹ warrior β—‹ apprentice: marrowpaw β—‹ crush: wolftalon β—‹ tags/mentions: n/a

Albinoleap mumbled in her sleep as she rolled over onto a stray twig and she shot up with a suprised noise. She saw it was daytime and she groaned, she wanted to sleep more, but duty calls. The black and white she cat stood up and shook her pelt free of moss. She then stretched and padded out of the den as she blinked to get her eyes asjusted to the morning light. Albinoleap yawned once she say down and started grooming her pelt. She had this feeling she couldn't kick that something was up, but she didnt know what. She kept her eyee open, maybe she'll take Marrowpaw out to train first thing
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Alb | she/her | EST
RVS(CDH Barn) CDH Whisps
I am a mother of 2 and work 4
days a week, I own a horse and
a maine coon
🌿🌿🌿
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Tue May 16, 2023 6:29 am

LIGHTNINGFEATHER
medicine cat - female - apprentice (Ivypaw) - crush (Infernostar & Wolftalon)
Tags: open

__
Yawning the long soft-haired cream and white she-cat got out of her nest and walked toward the den's entrance. She looked over to the nest there which belonged to her new apprentice Ivypaw, but she was not completely sure if the youngster was on her neat or not as that part of the den was still covered by the dark shadows. Stretching she walked out of the medicine cat's den and sat near the entrance to groom her always messy fur, sometimes she enjoyed those who had short fur.

SPARKNIGHT
warrior - male - apprentice (open) - crush (maybe Albinoleap)
Tags: Open

__
Yawning the bright ginger tom, stretched at his nest before getting up there, shaking his short fur a little bit as she looked at the den. There seemed to be still some warriors left there sleeping, but he was awakened enough to start the day. Carefully he left the den and looked around the clearing for those who were up and ready for the morning.

WRENPAW
apprentice - female - mentor (Cinderstream) - crush (Ashenfall)
Tags: Ashenfall

__
The young black she-cat was early up for some reason, the weather felt hotter than other days which made it hard for her to actually sleep. Yawning she stretched her legs and looked around the clearing, not seeing her mentor Cinderstream yet, but she did see another warrior who caught her eyes. Her tail flicked as she walked over to the young warrior "Morning Ashenfall?" she meowed to the young warrior, which was only a few moons ago still at the same den with her.

TIGER
loner - male - apprentice (n/a) - crush (wb Sunfallow)

__
Walking around the forest the Bengal left the den he was sharing with his daughter Marblepaw to find something for them to eat. He was going to teach his daughter to hunt too, but first, he wanted to make sure she has something to fulfill her stomach. He was hungry too so finding any kind of prey could be a good thing for both of them. Sniffing the air he could smell birds nearby, hopefully, those were still on the ground as most of the bark of the trees was dry and broke easily under his claws and he didn't want to risk falling down.

MARBLE
loner - female - mentor (n/a) - crush (open)
__
She got some more sleep after her father left to find something for them to eat. Though the noises outside of the little den made her almost impossible to fall asleep, instead she started to wonder if she could try some hunting if she could find those preys keeping noises. Yawning she peeked out of the den before walking outside of it to listen if she could find those noisy animals somewhere nearby.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mist » Tue May 16, 2023 4:26 pm

Nettlepaw/Tom/6 moons/Apprentice/Mentor: Stoneflower/Crush: Open/Tags: Condorpaw, Open
Nettlepaw yawned as he slowly uncurled himself from his nest. He glanced around for a moment before smirking when he noticed Condorpaw still in her nest sleeping. "Watch this," he meowed to nobody in particular before creeping forward and pouncing at the older apprentice.

Ivypaw/She-cat/6 moons/Medicine Cat Apprentice/Mentor: Lightningflower/Crush: Open/Tags: Lightningflower, Open
Ivypaw stretched before heading out into camp and blinked when she noticed her mentor already outside. "Good morning Lightningflower," she meowed softly. "Is there anything you need me to do this morning?"

Shadowleap/Tom/14 moons/Warrior/Crush: Open/Tags: Ashenfall, Wernpaw, Open
Shadowleap's ears twitched slightly as he heard some of his clanmates start getting up and head out of the den. He gave a soft sigh before pushing himself to his paws and making his way into camp. He blinked a couple of times to let his eyes adjust to the light in camp before heading over to Ashenfall and Wrenpaw. "Morning Ashenfall, Wrenpaw," he meowed before giving his brother a friendly shove with his head. "Did you guys sleep well?"

Brightstep/She-cat/36 moons/Queen/Kits: Lakekit and Featherkit/Crush: Open/Tags: Open
Brightwing purred softly as she awoke and slowly uncurled around her kits. She watched them for a moment before heading out into camp. Her ears flicked slightly as she watched her Clanmates who were already awake. She then blinked when she felt tiny claws in her tail before chuckling realizing that her kits were awake.

Lakekit/She-cat/4 moons/Kit/Mother: Brightstep/Crush: Open/Tags: Featherkit, Plumflame, Open
Lakekit stirred slightly when she felt her mother leave their nest. After a few moments she got to her paws and jumped on her brother. "Wake up lazybones," she meowed before darting to the nursery entrance. Her tail twitched as she watched her mother before pouncing on her tail. "Got ya!" she purred before darting out into camp. "Featherkit and I are going to see Plumflame," she meowed before darting over to the elder before getting a reply. "Morning Plumflame, can you tell me and Featherkit a story please?"

Featherkit/Tom/4 moons/Kit/Mother: Brightstep/Crush: Open/Tags: Lakekit, Plumflame, Open
Featherkit hissed softly after being prodded by his sister. He sighed softly before following her out of camp and then over to Plumflame. "Would you like some fresh-kill? I can bring you some," he meowed after Lakekit asked for a story.
Mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maplejay » Wed May 24, 2023 1:46 pm

♕-- plumflame

elder | 73 moons | long-furred black cat, pale green eyes | location: elder's den | tags: lakekit, featherkit

the dark-coated molly looked up at the sound of curious voices. her bright green gaze softened when she saw the two kits. plumflame absolutely adored her kits, infernostar and cinderstream, but she missed when they were the size of lakekit and featherkit. "that's very polite of you, featherkit, i would love one." plumflame answered with a smile, already impressed with how brightstep was raising featherkit and lakekit. she let out a gentle mrrow of amusement at the kits before sitting up and thinking for a moment, deciding to tell them a story that wasn't setting the best example, but was interesting to a kit nonetheless. "many, many moons ago..." she started. "sprucepelt and i were apprentices. we snuck out in the middle of the night one night, to go play in the river -- don't ever do this, kits, alright! we were young and mouse-brained, i'll tell you that much! anyways, everything was fine for a while, until we smelled a mysterious scent, something so vile it felt like my whiskers were going to burn off..." she widened her eyes at the kits, for the dramatic effect.

♔-- infernostar

leader | 50 moons | large smoke point tabby, amber eyes | location: middle of camp| tags: albinoleap

the large tom's bright amber gaze scanned the clearing and landed on albinoleap, the clan's deputy. he couldn't shake the feeling of uneasiness he had woken up with, but albinoleap didn't seem to look like she was sharing his anxious feelings this morning. that brought him some comfort as he rose to his paws and approached the molly. when he had earned his position as leader, he had appointed albinoleap deputy because of her humble, yet very compassionate and intelligent nature, and his high opinion of her still stood. "good morning, albinoleap. how did you sleep?" he questioned her with a dip of his head in greeting.

☾-- condorpaw

apprentice of sootpool | 9 moons | siamese cat, blue eyes | location: apprentice's den | tags: nettlepaw

condorpaw let out a loud squeal as the tom landed directly on her. she was suddenly very, very awake. she rolled over and swatted at nettlepaw with her paws. "HEY! you giant furball!" she shrieked, though all in good nature, she swatted at him again and pinned her ears back at him jokingly. she rose her haunches up and lashed her tail side to side, now looking like she was going to pounce back at nettlepaw. "i was about to catch the world's biggest rabbit in my dream!" condorpaw exclaimed with fake anger. condorpaw had a playful nature and didn't actually mind being woken up by the younger apprentice.

✴-- ashenfall

warrior |14 moons | solid grey with green eyes | location: warrior's den | tags: wrenpaw, shadowleap

ashenfall turned as he heard wrenpaw's familiar voice. "hi, wrenpaw." he purred to his friend, glad that she approached him. though it had been a few moons, ashenfall still sometimes missed the group of apprentices he left behind in the apprentice's den. moments later, he heard his brother's voice. "hmm, you're in a good mood. that's weird." ashenfall said to shadowleap with a mischevious smile. "i slept well, i'm feeling super energized and ready to catch a whole mountain of prey!" his gaze settled back on wrenpaw, waiting for her response.
Maplejay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albino_ » Wed May 24, 2023 2:17 pm

albinoleap β—‹ molly β—‹ 47 moons β—‹ deputy β—‹ apprentice: marrowpaw β—‹ crush: infernostar β—‹ tags/mentions: infernostar

The white molly sighed softly as she felt the sun on her black and white pelt. She looked around as she took in the view of camp and the cats waking up. Albinoleap then took to grooming herself and stopped as she looked up apon hearing paw steps coming towards her. She smiled softly at the leader and her friend "good morning, infernostar. I slept pretty well until a stray twig rudely awoke me" she chuckled before she asked him "how did you sleep? You seem a bit.. anxious, everything okay?" she made sure to keep eye contact with him, because keeping eye contact showed respect
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-- ✴ 1.

Postby anathema » Wed May 24, 2023 3:02 pm

sablethroat !
[ location: warriors' den, camp ] [ tags: open ]

Sablethroat warily blinked open his eyes against the blinding barrage of morning sunlight as he stirred awake, stretching his shoulders and letting out a grandiose yawn. It was time for his favorite part of the day: the dawn patrol. He carefully got out of his warm nest and made sure not to step on any of his fellow warriors as they slept; he'd made the classic rookie mistake of waking someone up by accidentally using their face as a foothold an embarrassing amount of times in the past. Now, he was dead-set on never doing it again. In his defense, however, he'd been a victim to it just as many times. After all, getting out of the warriors' den while still half-groggy was no easy feat -- especially with just how bright the sun could be on some days.

Once he made it into the camp clearing, he took a look around at the cats already awake. He could hear some kits giggling in the elders' den, and he noticed a few apprentices milling about in search of their mentors. His gaze eventually settled on the forms of Infernostar and Albinoleap, who were chatting in the center of camp. He decided to hold back in case their conversation was something important -- or, even more significantly, not something meant for a young warrior like him to drop in on. He made sure glance back over at Albinoleap every now and then, though; he didn't want to miss any patrols being assigned. His gray eyes then rested on the ground beneath him as he stared down at the earth beneath his paws, and he drew in a deep breath to mentally prepare himself for day. He never really knew what to expect, but he did know well that such was Clan life.

blazeflight !
[ location: elders' den ] [ tags: plumflame, lakekit, featherkit ]

These days, Blazeflight rarely ever got any decent sleep anymore. She often wondered if her body was aging before its time due to her having to become an elder so early on in life. Getting up early hadn't been a novel concept to her since her apprentice days, but this... this was different. It took her until well after moonhigh to drift off, and it'd still be dark out when she woke up for the entire day. It was weird. And, of course, it was very annoying. It didn't take much to tick off a cat like Blazeflight.

She sleepily laid in her nest as some of the kits from the nursery came to visit Plumflame for a story. She'd been an elder for a while, but cats as young as Lakekit and Featherkit didn't really understand what she was doing here. Though scarred from her career-ending injury, a decent amount of fur had grown back over it; not to mention she was scarred everywhere else, too, which offset the severity of her disfigurement by quite a lot. She'd never turned down an opportunity to put herself in mouse-brained amounts of danger while she was a warrior, that was for sure. The circumstances of her becoming an elder, in retrospect, were inevitable. If that fox-dunged fall hadn't locked her away for life in this den, something else would have eventually.

Deciding to play the stereotypical role of the facetious, grumpy, and prank-playing elder, she interrupted the other elder's tale with a morbid, fur-raising deadpan:
    "And then everyone died." She waited a few heartbeats for emphasis -- as well as the kits' reactions -- before letting out a mrrow of laughter. "Just kidding! Keep going, Plumflame."

Blazeflight was aware she didn't have the best track record with her Clan, nor was she the most-liked cat around. She'd made a lot of progress in becoming a more upstanding member of VolcanoClan during her time in the elders' den, but there were still times that she truly just couldn't help herself. This, of course, was one of those times.
anathema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me