ѧѦѧ ᴠᴀʟʟᴇʏᴄʟᴀɴ 𖠰⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Re: ѧѦѧ ᴠᴀʟʟᴇʏᴄʟᴀɴ 𖠰⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ ᴏ&ᴀ

Postby Cradily » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:32 am

★ N I G H T S T A R ★
[ Leader | ♂ | 57 mns | Tags: ValleyClan ]

True to his name, Nightstar had been up for most of the night...and the night before that. It had only been two days since he had killed Vulturestar, right here in her own den...his den, now. A small part of him still grieved the she-cat that he had longed to have as his mate for moons, and to lead alongside as her deputy. But that part of him was quickly swallowed up by the much larger part of him that had wanted to be leader for even longer, and had finally achieved it. ValleyClan was in his paws now. He could do whatever he wanted with it. He was ecstatic, yet overwhelmed at the same time, overwhelmed with all of his ideas for how to run his new Clan, and he had isolated himself for most of the day yesterday, hardly coming out of his den except to organize patrols. Now, despite still hardly sleeping, he felt more awake than ever, and he finally felt he was ready to approach ValleyClan with the changes he had in mind. He slipped out of the crack in the rock that served as the leader's den--his den--and swiftly leapt on top of it. Excitement surged through his paws as they hit the top of the tall stone, the stone he had seen Vulturestar address the Clan from so many times before, the stone he had longed to stand on for as long as he could remember. For a moment, he simply gazed out across the camp from his new perch, enjoying the view. Finally, he yowled at the top of his lungs, "Let all cats gather to hear my words!"

♨ B L U E F I R E ♨
[ Warrior | ♀ | 43 mns | Apprentice: Toadpaw | Tags: Mushroomdapple ]

It seemed that many of her Clanmates had struggled to get a good night's sleep the night before, and Bluefire was no different. Whether it was due to hearing the tossing and turning of her restless Clanmates, or, more likely, because of the recent changes in leadership that the Clan had undergone, she wasn't quite sure. What Bluefire was sure of, however, was that ValleyClan was headed in a bad direction. She could sense it, and she knew the rest of the Clan could, too. It was natural to be nervous whenever leadership passed from one cat to another, but...no. There was dread in the air, and Bluefire could feel like it like the wind ruffling her fur. She only got up when she noticed Mushroomdapple rise, and slowly padded after her friend, over to the patch of sunlight. "Hey," she mewed a soft greeting to the she-cat, settling beside her. "Mind if I join you?" She had only just finished speaking when she saw Nightstar slink out of his den like a weasel and jump on top of it to address the Clan. Her ears flattened to her her head as his voice rang throughout the clearing.
Cradily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C a s » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:52 am

𓍊⌡→ Mushroomdapple → 41 mns | ♀ | Apprentice: | Crush: | Tags: Bluefire, ValleyClan

Mushroomdapple's eyes lit up as Bluefire sat beside her. "Please do!" She purred to the other warrior, tapping the ground with a paw. "I'm glad to have the company, always." She moved to sit up rather than lounge as she had been. "How did you sleep?" The tortoiseshell had hardly gotten her words out when Nightstar's voice echoed through the cave. Just the sound of the tom speaking sent chills down Mushroomdapple's spine; her fur wanted to rise, but she forced it flat. "Oh, I wonder what this is about...perhaps he'll finally choose a new deputy." Days had passed since Vulturestar's death; admittedly, it wasn't a dreadfully long time, though it was longer than most leaders had gone without a right-paw cat. "I have to admit," Mushroomdapple whispered, "I'll be glad to have some sort of leadership figure that isn't him."

𓃥⌡→ Houndfang → 41 mns | ♀ | Apprentice: Wrenpaw | Crush: | Tags: Wrenpaw, ValleyClan

C a s wrote:Houndfang had been up the moment her eyes had opened. She had always been an early riser; even more so since she'd been given an apprentice to train. And now that there was an open position for deputy, Houndfang was even more eager to prove her worth to ValleyClan. She padded towards the apprentices' den, poking her head inside. "Wrenpaw," the tabby mewed, extending a paw to prod the apprentice's side. "Time to get up. Come on, we might make it in time to join the dawn patrol."

The sound of Nightstar's voice caught Houndfang's attention right away, her head whipping back to peer out into camp. "Hurry up, Wrenpaw. Meet me out in camp, it looks like Nightstar's got something to say." The tabby wasted no time in turning on her heels and padding back into camp, heading towards the flat stone the leader stood on. Was it time? Was a deputy finally going to be announced? Houndfang could hardly contain herself as she settled down very near the stone, wrapping her tail around her paws and gazing up intensely at Nightstar.

𓅞⌡→ Heronshade → 66 mns | ♂ | Apprentice: | Mate: Plumflight | Tags: Thistleheart, ValleyClan

Heronshade met Thistleheart's gaze with a kind warmth in his own. "Good morning, Thistleheart," he mewed to the cat he had once trained as Thistlepaw. "I slept all right. How about yourself?" The blue-gray tom's ears pricked as he heard Nightstar's voice. "Oh, this feels quite early for a meeting," he murmured to Thistleheart. "We'd better get closer." He padded towards Nightstar's perch, beckoning with his tail for the she-cat to follow. Thitleheart, of course, didn't need to be told this; nonetheless, old habits would die hard, and to Heronshade, it felt like only a sunrise ago she had been his apprentice. Even still, he was proud of the fine warrior she had become, despite finding it difficult to let go of the fact that she didn't need a mentor telling her what to do.

𖤓⌡→ Sunstripe → 84 mns | ♂ | Apprentice: | Mate: Beetail, Shimmerpool (formerly) | Tags: Shimmerpool

The golden tabby's brows knit together in concern. "Oh, no, what's wrong?" He questioned the queen. "Just couldn't sleep, or something more?" He had just sat down near the queen when Nightstar's voice caught his attention. "And I just got comfortable," he sighed with a shake of his head. "Would you like to come listen, Shimmerpool, or would you like to rest some more?"

𓆏⌡→ Toadpaw → 11 mns | ♂ | Mentor: Bluefire | Crush: | Tags:

--sleeping--
C a s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:56 am

Redhaze - m - warrior - apprentice (Windpaw) - crush (Mushroomdapple)
tags: Windpaw
__
He watched the clearing or the special she-cat who somehow caught his eyes almost all the time, but he was afraid to actually look at her as he felt it was wrong. He shook his reddish fur a little bit as he looked at how the black tom walked over to the stone where the leader sat when he needed to say something to the clan. He flicked his ears over to Windpaw approving him to the side, just at the right time when Nightstar called for the meeting "...Good morning...First, we will listen to this meeting of course, then see if we're going to join any of the patrols, and then...hmm, we could practice those things you think you need to practice more, sounds that good?" he meowed to the young female apprentice.

Fennelfrost - f - warrior - apprentice (Orchardpaw) - crush (open)
tags: Houndfang, Orchardpaw
__
She checked the fresh kill pile to see how full or low the pile was, low as usual at this time of the day, but enough for the queen or a few others who wants to eat. She picked mice out of there, which were a little bit frozen being there the whole night. She walked over to the apprentice den, giving a greeting to Houndfang "Morning Houndfang, we seemed to be there to do the same things" she murmured to the other female. She then looked deeper inside the den to see her apprentice Orchardpaw there "Orchardpaw dear, it's time to wake up..." she meowed gently dropping the mice down "I bought you breakfast as this is going to be a crazy day for you" she continued.

She flicked her ears toward the den entrance "Oh well, we're having a clan meeting now, come on, I will wait for you outside the den" she meowed to her apprentice before following Houndfang and a few others out of the den. She looked up at the leader, not wanting to keep her hopes up too much if her name could not be chosen as the new deputy.

Quickbriar - m - warrior - apprentice (n/a) - crush (open)
tags: Dovespeckle
__
He managed to collect some moss to his nest just in time as on his way back to the warrior's den, Nightstar made his meeting call. He looked up to the black tom there, as he quickly got the new moss to his nest, but for now, just piled them 'Oh well I can do this later...' he thought to himself as he left the den once again. On his way to find a good spot, he saw Dovespeckle there enjoying the sun "Morning Dovespeckle, any ideas about the meeting? Or who could become our new deputy?" he meowed to her as he sat not so far from her.

Flowerpad - f - warrior - apprentice (n/a) - crush (open)
tags: Turtlepaw
__
She saw the medicine cat apprentice walking back into the camp, and know she was maybe not allowed to get out all by herself, but for now, she didn't say anything about it. She only watched the younger she-cat giving her a gentle nod as she was closer to the medicine cat den and the place she was being sat at "Morning Turtlepaw..." she meowed to her as she looked at the medicine cats den "Kindlecloud is not awakened yet?" she asked her silently. Flicking her ears she looked over to the pit black leader there when Nightstar called out for a meeting "Aah it's probably the new deputy" she meowed keeping her voice down a little bit.

Shimmerpool - f - queen - former mate (Sunstripe) - crush (open)
tags: Sunstripe
__
She blinked her eyes as she watched the worried tom "Everything is fine...I just had problems getting any sleep that's all" she meowed to him, with a soft smile. She flicked her ears as she heard the Nightstar's voice then turned to Sunstripe as she stood up "Nah I have all the time to get some rest, and I am pretty curious to know what the leader needs to tell, I do have my guesses, but I could want to know who will become the next deputy" she meowed to him. She walked next to the ginger tom "Maybe even you could be prepared if your name will be chosen" she purred to him as she walked past him out of the nursery.

Cloudpaw - m - apprentice - mentor (Stagspring) - crush (open)
tags: Stagspring, Toadpaw
__
He still lay at his nest already very sure that sleeping anymore was not an option as all the noises and when he heard his mentor's voice he knew that he could get up now "I am up already..." he meowed to him sighing. He flicked his ears to listen to the rest the warrior needed to say but had no time to respond to anything on that when he heard the leader call a clan meeting "Yeah the patrol will be sent out after this whatever meeting" he meowed. He jumped to his paws and shook his white pelt a little bit before starting to make his way out of the apprentice's den, on his way out he saw the sleeping figure of Toadpaw and kicked into his shoulder on his paw "Get up, you're going to miss a clan meeting" he called out to the other male apprentice.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:24 am

Thistleheart ♀||Warrior||32 moons||→Heronshade

Her attention turned sharply to Nightstar as Heronshade did, glad for the distraction, but at actively questioning what he had to say. "He must be nervous filling in Vulturestar's paws, it'll be interesting to see what he has to say. At least we're both well rested enough if we have to hunt." Patrols, a deputy, many of the apprentices were approaching their warrior age. There was so much to do, so much to work on and prepare for. He'd need someone with a level head if he was ever going to be the confident leader they needed. As the weather got warmer, it was only a matter of time before twolegs started to swarm their territory like flies to a dead mouse. She was, however, excited to fight whatever dogs they might let loose. The rush of battle always got her spirit going as she padded beside her former mentor to join him.

Heatherpaw ♀||Apprentice → Cedarwhisker||10 moons||→Cedarwhisker

As her mentor approached, she found herself mentally noting Dovespeckle wasn't with him again. She tried to keep her paws in her own business, but sometimes she could feel the tension across camp on a bad day. It was sad to see the two siblings unhappy with one another, it made her miss her brother even more sometimes. "Sharing a den with Toadpaw and sleeping? I didn't know you told jokes Cedarwhisker." The calico replies lightly, not actually having much against the other apprentice, but he could be an earful. As Nightstar's voice echos through the camp, she straightens herself up hoping for some good news and work. "Sounds like a plan, I'll be ready." Hunting or patrolling would at least keep her mind busy.
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cradily » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:50 am

★ N I G H T S T A R ★
[ Leader | ♂ | 57 mns | Tags: ValleyClan ]

Nightstar waited while his Clanmates began to assemble. He dragged his piercing gaze over the camp, taking note that several cats were missing, most likely still in their dens. "Ahem," he cleared his throat. "I did say let all cats gather to hear my words, did I not? Anyone who misses this meeting will not be allowed to eat until sunhigh. With that said..." A smile slowly creeped across his face, looking more devious than happy. "Good morning, ValleyClan. I know I haven't properly addressed you all as your new leader since the death of Vulturestar. Her passing was...so sudden. I needed time to myself to grieve, as I'm sure you all did as well." His voice practically oozed with false sorrow. "But we can't stay in the past forever. Vulturestar wouldn't want us to. Now, as your new leader, it is my job to appoint the next deputy. I know you've all been waiting so patiently to hear who my choice will be, so I won't make you wait any longer." His eyes scanned the assembled cats below, seeming to make contact with every single pair of eyes that stared back up at him, before finally locking on a ginger-and-white tom, only seven moons younger than himself. "Cardinalheart will be the new deputy of ValleyClan."

♨ B L U E F I R E ♨
[ Warrior | ♀ | 43 mns | Apprentice: Toadpaw | Tags: Mushroomdapple, Toadpaw ]

"Tell me about it," Bluefire grunted in response. She just hoped Nightstar would pick someone reasonable. Then again, just about anyone would be better than him. She bristled slightly when the leader remarked that any cats not at the meeting would be punished, realizing her apprentice was no where to be seen. She even could've sworn the black tom made eye contact with her when he said it, as if telling her to fetch her apprentice. Growling under her breath, she rose to her paws and made her way to the apprentices' den. Sure enough, Toadpaw was curled up in his nest, fast asleep. "Toadpaw," she said sternly, giving him a sharp prod. "Get up and get out here, quickly." Once she had woken him, she made her way back to Mushroomdapple, just in time to hear that Cardinalheart had been appointed the deputy. She looked over to the red-and-white tabby tom. He was a loyal warrior, no one could deny that, but Bluefire sometimes thought that he cared more about the warrior code than the cats that it was supposed to protect. But perhaps a stern, code-abiding cat would be a good foil to someone like Nightstar. She was surprised he hadn't chosen someone more like himself. I guess there is no one else quite like him. "Cardinalheart! Cardinalheart!" she chanted.
Cradily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tauriel. » Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:54 pm

Cedarwhisker - male - 37 moons - warrior - tagged: Heatherpaw, open

Cedarwhisker's eyes flickered with amusement. Toadpaw could certainly be a handful, but before he could respond to his apprentice, Nightstar summoned the clan. Interest sharpened his gaze and he glanced around until his green eyes rested on Dovespeckle. Relieved not to have to pull her out of the den, he focused his attention on Nightstar, not batting an eye at the new leader's warning. Perhaps a little unconventional but Nightstar had summoned the clan. It was not a good idea to suggest possible disloyalty by ignoring the leader's summons. All he was worried about was the fact that his sister was up and not getting into trouble. He'd noted that Quickbriar had needed to get her attention but his sister's mind did tend to wander. Her spaciness could be especially bad when she'd just woken up. A flicker of movement caught his attention as Bluefire stood up, looking somewhat annoyed. Struggling to keep his whiskers from twitching, he glanced at Heatherpaw, "lucky he didn't keep you up all night. I wouldn't wake to be him right now." He murmured quietly, relieved once more that Dovespeckle was already up. Cedarwhisker followed Nightstar's gaze to the new deputy and Cedarwhisker nodded to himself. "A good choice! Cardinalheart will make a great deputy." Cedarwhisker wasn't too close with the tom, as he wasn't an easy cat to talk to but he knew Cardinalheart was fiercely loyal to his clanmates. The tabby tom didn't hesitate to chant the new deputy's name along with his clanmates.

Dovespeckle - female - 20 moons - warrior - tagged: Quickbriar

The dust motes spiraling through the air reminded her somewhat of snow or feathers slowly fluttering to the ground. It was fascinating enough to the molly that Dovespeckle hardly noticed Nightstar's summons. The sun's rays hadn't taken long to do it's job and with her soft coat warm and glowing, Dovespeckle was content. The warmth was singing a siren song, lulling her eyes closed but she hadn't had them closed for more than a second or two before a voice had her opening her eyes again. "Oh hello Quickbriar, lovely morning isn't it? The sunlight has just been so lovely." She blinked briefly puzzled, her gaze flicking towards the clan's new leader, surprise lighting her eyes. "Meeting? Oh! I didn't even realize he was out of his den." Curiosity bubbled in the molly's eyes and she sat up, a surge of the molly's normal energy chasing away any last bits of sleep. "It must be! I wonder who he'll pick," Dovespeckle mused, glancing around their clanmates with interest. Lowering her voice, she mewed, "There's plenty of cats who want to be deputy." The molly let her gaze rest on Fennelfrost, one of Valleyclan's warriors who wished for the job of deputy. "It won't have been an easy decision." Dovespeckle felt a flash of sympathy for Nightstar, who had to protect and care for the entire clan. The molly made a face, adding, "I wouldn't want that responsibility. Too much work and not enough fun." She fell quiet as Nightstar began speaking, raising an eyebrow at the threat. A threat like that could have only come from a cat too stressed and in grief to be fully aware of his words, Dovespeckle mused to herself. He'd been very close to Vulturestar and Dovespeckle guessed he spoke from a place of sorrow, a guess proven right by the sadness in his voice. He wouldn't actually stop cats from eating. "I hope Nightstar finds time to relax. I think a relaxing swim or run through the forest would do him good. I can't even imagine what he's been going through." She whispered to Quickbriar, realizing only then that the clan was cheering. With a start, Dovespeckle realized she'd missed the announcement of deputy, her mind focusing on how Nightstar was feeling. She listened to the clan just long enough to be able to tell who the new deputy was before cheering for Cardinalheart a moment later.

Turtlepaw - female - 7 moons - medicine apprentice - tagged: Flowerpad, open

Flowerpad hadn’t said anything about her early morning adventure, Turtlepaw noted with mixed relief. Not that it meant she or Kindlecloud wouldn’t mention it later, Turtlepaw reminded herself with a nervous glance at the medicine den. “I’m not sure,” the calico apprentice mewed, green eyes widening with curiosity as Nightstar emerged from his den. The new leader was definitely intimidating but his first clan meeting wasn’t something she wanted to miss. With a small gasp of excitement, Turtlepaw darted quickly into the medicine den, yowling, “Kindlecloud! Wake up! Nightstar’s having a clan meeting!” As quiet as the medicine apprentice could be, she could be just as noisy when talking to someone she felt safe around. “Come on, we have to hurry!” Without waiting for her mentor, Turtlepaw dashed out to rejoin Flowerpad, just in time to hear Nightstar begin his announcements. The calico apprentice flattened her ears, shooting a nervous glance back towards the medicine den. Not eat? Well it was only until sunhigh, but still? Would Nightstar really stop his medicine cat from eating until sunhigh? As Nightstar continued, Turtlepaw looked over at the new deputy. “Cardinalheart! Cardinalheart!” She chanted with the rest of the clan, somewhat nervously. The older warrior wasn’t as scary as Nightstar but Turtlepaw could never tell what he was thinking, which kept her on edge.
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albino_ » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:39 am

Albinoleap ○ molly ○ 47 moons ○ warrior ○ apprentice: n/a○ crush: ○ tags/mentions:

Albinoleap sat with the clan as Nightstar chose the new deputy. She wanted it to be her, but there where other good candidates too. She listened to what her leader had to say. When Nightstar named the new deputy she chanted his name "Cardinalheart! Cardinalheart" the molly nodded to herself, Cardinalheart was a wise choice. She sighed as she was still uoset about her brothers passing, where ever he was, she hoped he was at peace
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Alb | she/her | EST
RVS(CDH Barn) CDH Whisps
I am a mother of 2 and work 4
days a week, I own a horse and
a maine coon
🌿🌿🌿
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ѧѦѧ 1. 𖠰⋆˖⁺‧₊☽

Postby anathema » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:23 pm

𝐌 𝐀 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐍 𝐏 𝐀 𝐖

she-cat | 12 moons | apprentice

martenpaw had taken to a bit of a late start, but luckily she hadn't missed nightstar's first meeting as leader... and, as such, would be able to eat on the earlier side of today. with a big sigh of relief she settled down next to her mentor, cardinalheart, before fixing her gaze on the black tom that loomed over the clan. she'd been pondering over the countless options for valleyclan's next deputy since yesterday morning: sunstripe, heronshade, stagspring, galewhistle, applebloom, albinoleap... all capable cats. it wasn't an easy choice. and, of course, her own mentor. she couldn't help but place all her betting chips on him, the tom who'd taught her everything she knew, and could also very well be her father. well, not that she'd ever know. any hope of finding out continued to dwindle more and more with each passing sunrise. soon, she feared, there'd be none left.

suddenly, martenpaw could feel a pair of eyes burning into the back of her head. she turned around to meet galewhistle's frozen gaze for barely a split-second; the tom had looked away as soon as their glances met, acting as if he'd been staring at something else the whole time. unnerved, the young she-cat curled her tail around her paws and broke away from the bizarre interaction. that cat seriously never gets any less weird, she thought to herself, ears flattening.

regaining focus, martenpaw thankfully caught the tail end of nightstar's announcement; coincidentally, it was the most important part for her to hear. "cardinalheart will be the new deputy of valleyclan." the brown tabby apprentice's eyes widened with excitement as she turned to face her mentor, long-fanged maw agape with elated shock. the clan began to chant for him, and she gleefully joined in, hoping he'd hear her proud voice the loudest. "cardinalheart! cardinalheart!"

𝐆 𝐀 𝐋 𝐄 𝐖 𝐇 𝐈 𝐒 𝐓 𝐋 𝐄
    tom | 54 moons | warrior

galewhistle had been one of the first cats to gather for nightstar's meeting, as he'd woken up long before the tom summoned the clan as a whole. he sat in the far back, his piercing ice-blue gaze scouring the clearing as everyone else started to assemble. he then spotted martenpaw scurrying over to her mentor last-minute, with nightstar already having begun his speech, and shook his head with disapproval. he couldn't chastise her outwardly, but that didn't stop him from doing so in secrecy. fashionably late to things, just like her mother. how imprudent. maybe if i'd taken charge, she wouldn't have become such a ditz.

galewhistle knew he wouldn't be deputy. he hadn't done nearly enough for this clan, and he came off as too quiet and unsociable to his peers. no cat knew of the schemes he'd dreamed up, and the only way he could hypothetically prove any worth to others would be by pointing to the tiny bits and pieces of intelligence he did choose to vocalize. but, he did hope that nightstar would make the right choice. no wooden soldiers or sitting ducks. they needed someone who would take initiative in ways like their new leader... possibly had. galewhistle wasn't an idiot. but, above that, he also wasn't a rat. fate was fate, and it was vulturestar's fate to get sacked. now, the power of fate rested in nightstar's paws; the future of the clan depended on this very moment.

his arrogant smirk quickly fell as cardinalheart's name rolled off the leader's tongue. cardinalheart? seriously?! the dark tabby tom's fur bristled with aggravation and he fought himself from gritting his teeth. he was a good warrior, sure, but what had he really done for any of them? he never seemed particularly passionate about anything, really, let alone about becoming leader someday. not to mention he was his daughter's mentor. this is all she needs. her head's already big enough.

galewhistle scornfully scanned the clearing and zeroed in on other warriors he thought truly deserved the role of deputy. if only houndfang was just a bit older, he internally lamented. now that's a cat who really cares.
anathema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catfrog » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:53 pm

𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓
[ male - 50 moons - deputy ] - [ mentor to martenpaw - located in camp - tags: Valleyclan ]

Cardinalheart's attention was focused on Nightstar the moment he leapt onto the stone. Seeing him up there, he thought that it suited the tom. Nightstar had a powerful presence, he had to admit. He acknowledged Martenpaw with a quick glance, then a flick of his ear as he turned back to the leader. She was nearly late to the meeting; He hoped she wouldn't make it a habit. He listened to Nightstar carefully as he spoke, but didn't think much of the things he said. It was strange to smile while announcing that the cats not in attendance wouldn't be eating for some time, but he supposed strange cats did strange things. The punishment was suitable for cats who missed an important meeting. He thought so, hearing that Nightstar would be announcing the deputy. The clan had gone a bit too long without one, in Cardinalheart's opinion. It would have been be best to announce one as soon as possible, so that the clan could run smoothly and fall back into routine faster.
He stood up straighter as Nightstar's gaze swept across the clan. He had never truly considered becoming deputy before, always too focused on his duties for it to be a thought in his mind. Plus, Nightstar was a cat he had always been unsure about. But it was still significantly thrilling to him as his eyes locked with the leader's, and he heard his name announced as the deputy. Stepping forward, he looked up at Nightstar, then at the rest of the clan gathered around. He took a quick breath, then spoke. "It's an honor to be chosen as deputy. I'll do my best." He meowed, dipping his head as his clanmates chanted his name.

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆
[ male - 58 moons - warrior ] - [ mentor to cloudpaw - located in camp - tags: cloudpaw ]

"Hurry out, Cloudpaw, or you'll be the one missing a meeting." He meowed, hearing the leader call the clan together. He pushed Cloudpaw forward, then dashed out of the den himself. Would the clan's new deputy be chosen today? The thought filled him with excitement. He sat down among his clanmates, listening to the meeting. There was a slight pang in his chest as the leader mentioned Vulturestar. He wondered what could have caused her death. Nightstar was an intimidating cat, ambitious, abrasive, and a whole lot of other things, but Stagspring didn't believe that he had murdered Vulturestar. He listened half-heartedly past that until the word deputy came out of Nightstar's mouth. He sat to attention, curious to hear who it would be. He wasn't vying for the position personally, having left his ambition behind many moons ago, but the suspense could have killed him. It had been some days since Nightstar became leader, after all. His gaze shot to Cardinalheart as Nightstar announced the other tom as deputy. Cardinalheart? He was a solid choice, he supposed. He was loyal, and capable enough to be deputy. But as much as Stagspring had tried to get along with him, he was way too unresponsive. On the bright side, he didn't really dislike him, and he knew that the younger tom would make a good deputy. That was all that mattered, he thought, chanting Cardinalheart's name along with the rest of his clan.

𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐏𝐀𝐖
[ female - 10 moons - apprentice ] - [ apprentice to redhaze - located in camp - tags: redhaze ]

"Sounds good!" She replied to her mentor before turning her attention to the meeting. She was excited to hear the new deputy be announced. As excited as she was, she felt slightly disappointed hearing Cardinalheart's name called as deputy. It would have been cool to be the deputy's apprentice, She thought, glancing at her mentor. He would have been a decent deputy, too. Despite her disappointment, she called out Cardinalheart's name cheerfully. She didn't know much about him, but she still respected him. "Cardinalheart! Cardinalheart!" She chanted with her clanmates.
Catfrog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SoftBeee » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:58 am

Applebloom wrote:50 moons ➥ cis fem ➥ she/her ➥ widow ➥ @ open
no apprentice || no crush

The bengal molly was watching from the edge of the clearing, her green eyes glued upon Nightstar as soon as he stepped out. A sparkle twinkled in their eyes, their new deputy to be announced? Obviously, Applebloom was a good choice, she felt. She was perfection, crafted well by her parents' pressure. It worked for her, and it would work for Orchardpaw, so it made her an optimal choice, yes? It would seem Nightstar felt otherwise, as he picked Cardinalheart instead. She frowned, catching sight of the ginger tabby. Perhaps now was not her time, it would seem there was more work to be done.
She green gaze began to pick apart her clanmates, looking at them. Most were fine, sure, but others needed more work done to be the best they could be. I could have made sure these warriors were perfect, not simply decent! She sniffed a little, before her gaze caught that of Orchardpaw's pelt. They sat at the edge of the clearing, obviously not entirely interested. She raised a brow, as she kept looking, her eyes catching onto her younger sister, Hawthornstreak. She glared, she had been given special treatment and thus, was weak. Applebloom felt bitter at the fact they shared blood at all, but blood wasn't going to make them close at all.

Magnoliaspring wrote:14 moons ➥ genderfluid ➥ they/them he/him she/her ➥ single ➥ @ open
no apprentice || no crush

The chipper young cat watched as the meeting came to a start. Oh, oh, a new deputy! Magnoliaspring hopped a little, their whiskers fanning out wide.
"Cardinalheart, Cardinalheart!"
They cheered alongside the rest of their clanmates, bouncing a little more, though they tried to at least stay seated. The little cat had no interest in being deputy, plus they were so young. They know their previous mentor would have been pleading for them to not be the case. The thought brought a smile to their face, laughing a little. They didn't want that kind of responsibility though, never. They much rather liked their small life they had now.

Orchardpaw wrote:11 moons ➥ non-binary ➥ they/them ➥ single ➥ @ open
trained by fennelfrost || no crush

The apprentice watched quietly from a distance, eyes looking up as they saw Nightstar announce their new deputy. They blinked, clearly not caring who the cat was, as long as it wasn't their mother. I have enough on my plate, more of her looming over me would be too much. As if their thoughts could be read, a burning gaze met their spine, causing their fur to ripple. Right on cue!
Orchardpaw felt bitter. Why was Applebloom their only kin? Why wasn't Birch-heart here? They missed her, the brown and white molly who would cuddle them and sing to them. Why did she have to die? Then, they remembered... Hawthornstreak. She was their aunt, Applebloom's sister. Though they didn't like their mother, their aunt was okay. They would have to speak without privately, without their mother's gaze, unfortunately. They looked at the molly, blue eyes a little sad. That was their only living family that was at least bearable.

SoftBeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me