Hoarding; Why is this allowed?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Hoarding; Why is this allowed?

Postby Saerffin7 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:35 pm

I was wondering who would be the Mod to talk to about why Hoarding isn't banned?
It's unfair to other people on CS and there are so many rants about it, people who hate it, and people who hoard things that make it so much harder for people trying to build a collection by taking hundreds of the pet and keeping it around for reasons like "Loving the pet so much I have to get HUNDREDS"?
I'm not saying getting more than one of the same pet is wrong, but I think people shouldn't be allowed to Hoard hundreds of the same pet that others may be trying to get. It simply isn't logical, or fair. And I'm wondering why No mods have stepped in to do something about it, or speak against it (that I've seen).
Hoarding isn't hidden well and would be easy to solve.
And I'm not saying Hoarding should be wiped out entirely, but I think that a max limit per pet should be established. Like 20, 30 or 50 even, that way people don't have pages and pages of the same pet, and people trying to get one or two of them can't find them.
I've seen arguments about hoarding, and seen opinions from both sides, and seen many people say it's not exactly fair, and one of the most used points I've heard pro-hoarding is "Well, no one says we can't hoard the pet we love". And I've responded with agreeing with them but saying that I still don't see why someone has to hoard so many of the same pet, and have yet to receive any compelling points or justification for keeping pages and pages of the same pet.
I don't want to start yet another argument, but everytime I try to talk to someone about it, people seem to get angry and begin arguments about it. Pro or Con.
Saerffin7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hoarding; Why is this allowed?

Postby Wolfie/Candy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:38 pm

I agree with you. I do hoard myself, but only either the same species with a different outcome or the same colour but different species ( I'm hoarding any pet thats rainbow, and bats )
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageSGTC
I used to be WolfieLunaDarkmoon and ❤ƆнℓσɛƆαи∂ʏcαиɛ❤. NO STEALER~
VanityInsanity & MonroeMania!
MY BIRTHDAY ON THE 3RD OF MARCH! :D
Wolfie/Candy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby | Aloy | » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Hoarding is allowed because you can choose how to play the game. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to have pets you want if you are willing to pay for them. It is a choice. Many people hoard, and many dislike it. It is opinion really, and it will never be banned.
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maethbalnane » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Ocelot at Soul wrote:Hoarding is allowed because you can choose how to play the game.

See above, re: 'because we can'
This is not a compelling argument.

Ocelot at Soul wrote:There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to have pets you want if you are willing to pay for them.

Thank you.
Hoarders are, by the nature of Hoarding, less willing to trade away pets in their Hoards, regardless of whether anyone else is willing to 'pay' fair, or sometimes even outrageous, trades in exchange.
Hoarders, then, render the pets they Hoard comparatively unavailable to those willing to pay for them.
Maethbalnane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saerffin7 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:53 pm

WolfieDarkmoon wrote:I agree with you. I do hoard myself, but only either the same species with a different outcome or the same colour but different species ( I'm hoarding any pet thats rainbow, and bats )

Your definition of Hoarding seems to be different. You have a "Rainbow Hoard" that is just a group of different pets with close colorations with no duplicates. What I mean is the people hoarding, like, 5-9 pages of the same one lion, or dog, or cat, etc.

Ocelot at Soul wrote:Hoarding is allowed because you can choose how to play the game. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to have pets you want if you are willing to pay for them. It is a choice. Many people hoard, and many dislike it. It is opinion really, and it will never be banned.

But that is unfair to the people who are also willing to pay for them, and can't get them because the pet is so much harder to get because of hoards.
It's a one sided argument. Saying that it's okay for Hoarders to get whichever pets they wish, despite the fact that may upset others on the site. It's simply not fair to both sides of players, pro-hoarding and vs-hoarding.
Saerffin7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:10 pm

I don't see why people can't hoard the pets they like.
Usually the hoards that are hundreds in numbers are common/uncommon pets.
They're really not that hard to get.
The people who hoard Rares/VR's and OMGSR's usually wont have hundreds. If they do, you can bet they worked hard for those pets.
Besides, not every hoarder clings to their pets. If you offer well enough, they may be persuaded to part with one.

I'm not saying people should hoard hundreds and hundreds of pets. However, it's not fair to ban them from being able to do so.
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby znu » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:17 pm

I think that "Hoarding" is just *Don't get mad at me!* a small way of a game yes I see it IS annoying but! but! Is hoarding like taking things away is it like a scam or even a sickness? I Don't support or even hoard I don't even disagree. If you don't like then why care about it? Because of a 100 hoard will make it a big prob? I don't but really I can see your thought. I seen some mods hoarding... (not naming!) But You can just try to trade after all it's there choice if it makes the game harder then what? This is a place to enjoy. I think your gonna be like but hoarding will make the pets harder to get! "Harder.. Harder" I heard that word Yes if you can get 100 OMG so rare it won't be rare anymore... What about challanges? Rare won't be rare if millions of people get them? Sometimes if hoards are even nice enough after they completed there hoard they might trade? This looks up I'm gonna be the wood to heat up this fight? Maybe even when I turn older I'll just be laughing at this silly comment :D But really.... It's there choice I know you don't like hoards... But will it make a difference in a person? I was hated hoarding but if I saw one of my friends were starting to hoard I would still like them. Don't judge a book by its cover. I'm getting off topic but I'm saying Why dislike hoarding please tell and reply soon. Also post above I agree. But really usally there Commons uncommons rares/very rares/OMG so rare wont have much but! Those hard working rares/very rares/OMG so rares did some hardworking one day Hoarding was ban and all of there rares/ very rares/omg so rares has been gone?! I can't imagine the look on there face. Wait goes to trade rules You don't support hoarders? Aww you won't support me.......
znu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Considering we already have adoption limits and a 1 account per person rule, I do not realistically see 'restrictions' to peoples willingness to collect multiples of a pet being enforced.

It is entirely the choice of the owners of the pets who trade them as to where they end up. It is no one elses business if they all end up at the same place. Those trades were made knowingly and upon agreement of both the owners.

You do realise also there could be, in any one month, around 40,000 of one pet outcome quite easilly based on the kind of pet and number of accounts in existance who could be actively adopting even if they are not trading?

As for people who collect Rares and Very Rares (mostly VR), you can hardly call them a hoard, there is barely enough of those to even establish a 'hoard'. If owners of those R and VR pets want to trade them, and they all end up on one account with one owner, that is the decision between the people who traded the pets and no one else. If you can't get hold of that pet right now, maybe the owner of one will decide in a week.. hey let's trade this now I don't want it anymore.. then hey there's another one you could get. You can't slander people who want to collect pets, that's a main part of Chickensmoothie, collecting and trading pets, so it's hardly likely to change.

If you want to stop hoarding we might as well ban trading. :/
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CrimsonButterfly » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Demotivated_bear wrote:I don't see why people can't hoard the pets they like.
Usually the hoards that are hundreds in numbers are common/uncommon pets.
They're really not that hard to get.
The people who hoard Rares/VR's and OMGSR's usually wont have hundreds. If they do, you can bet they worked hard for those pets.
Besides, not every hoarder clings to their pets. If you offer well enough, they may be persuaded to part with one.

I'm not saying people should hoard hundreds and hundreds of pets. However, it's not fair to ban them from being able to do so.

I can understand if you want to Hoard pets, but we're not talking about the ones that are Common or Uncommon, we're talking about people who - for example - hoard dragons. They're a very difficult spieces to get, & people that hoard 20 or 30 of them & stubbornly refuse to trade even 1 of them, are the people the rest of us complain about.
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I work 12 hour shifts right now, so if I'm slow to answer or online and don't answer, it's probably because I'm on my phone, while on break at work. Please try to be patient with me. :)
CrimsonButterfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arouria » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:34 pm

I agree with Demotivated_Bear, this would be a pointless ban, many many CS users hoard pets, there's nothing wrong with hoards or hoarders. Gathering many of a single king of pet is a great pastime for those have already collected all the CS pets.

Hoarding has it's supporters and haters, but so many people would be terribly disappointed in this rule. What's the fun of having just 50? Why not chase the dream of 100? Or even 200?

Plus this rule would be terribly hard to enforce, with the number of hoarding users I could just never see this happening.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Vampiric
Last edited by Arouria on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// Help // Characters // Perediashas // Da //
Arouria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me