Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Chibi Dream Dragon Adopts by Zeneka

Artist Zeneka [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Chibi Dream Dragon Adopts

Postby Zeneka » Thu May 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Pictured above is our mascot!
She is a Fantasy type CDD named Blue.
She's a simple girl in design, but she is one of the most helpful Chibi Dream Dragons there is, even for a Fantasy type!

General Information

Chibi Dream Dragons are small, squirrel sized dragons that feed on emotions and can fly despite their tiny wings. Their bodies are covered in short, fine fur with longer, silkier fur along their backs ending in a tuft on the end of their tails and down their legs. They have plate scales along their undersides, atop their muzzles, and on top of their paws and lower legs. They also sport short, forked horns on their heads. There are five types of Chibi Dream Dragons, all of which have different types of wings and different colors that they can be. Each type of Chibi Dream Dragon also feeds on a different emotion and uses their power over dreams to manipulate their “prey” into giving them the correct emotion they need after the “prey” falls asleep. Along with their ability to manipulate dreams, each type also has a special power that only that type can use, generally used to help generate their needed emotion during the day.

They’ll feed on any living creature’s emotions, and do not always need to manipulate dreams in order to get it, however, manipulating dreams is the only way the small creatures are able to hunt properly for the nourishment they need if they have not found any creature displaying the proper emotion strongly enough during the day. They need their “prey” to display strong emotions in order to eat their fill, the emotions cannot be weak or half-hearted or they will not get enough nourishment. Therefore the dreams they create are the most vivid dreams you will ever have, no matter what emotion they are hoping to evoke. Feeding on others’ emotions does not cause their “prey” any harm, hence why I am referring to prey in quotation marks. They are not actually feeding off of the one displaying the proper emotion; they only absorb the particular energy put out into the world by their needed emotion.

Chibi Dream Dragons hatch from perfectly round, pearl-like eggs. Mothers can lay 1 or 2 eggs per clutch with either option being of equal rarity. Children of two different types of Chibi Dream Dragon often have colors that their type normally wouldn’t have, but other than color differences there are no real ‘hybrids’, their wings define them as what type they are and what emotion they need to survive. Babies of any type are able to feed off an emotion they won’t be able to as adults… love. Their parents’ love to be exact. The love of their parents is all the babies need to survive until they are older and have learned how to properly manipulate dreams in their favor. They wean themselves off of their parents’ love as they grow so that when they are mature they will be able to leave and survive on their own instead of depending upon their parents for survival. Chibi Dream Dragons normally mate for life, but it is not rare for them to separate and find different mates on occasion.

Types
From most common to least common.

Fantasy
Fantasy CDDs are the most common type. They tend to be friendly and helpful creatures, carefree and fun-loving. They love to play, with anyone and anything, and are very creative, often they enjoy making art, singing, dancing, or some other creative expression.
Emotion Diet
Fantasy CDDs feed on happiness and their dreams are the most pleasant you will ever have. Fantasies will do whatever it takes to make you happiest, not only because it fills their tummies, but because they generally enjoy seeing others happy.
Special Power
Fantasy CDDs have the power to turn into a ball of white light. They often help travelers lost in the dark in this manner and enjoy playing in this form at night, making fantastic light shows for anyone watching. They cannot be touched in this form and are able to move through solid objects.
Unique Physical Attributes
  • “Angel” wings, feathered and soft, they sometimes glow lightly.
  • Colored sclera, a shade lighter than the iris color.
  • Bright colors but can have small markings of darker or paler colors.
  • Never has protruding fangs, claws, or talons.

Illusion
Illusion CDDs are fairly common. They are often clever and witty and tend to be highly intelligent. They usually enjoy puzzles, riddles, and other brain teasers. On the more negative side, pranks tend to be a favorite past time of the less friendly Illusions.
Emotion Diet
Illusion CDDs feed on confusion. Have you ever had a highly realistic dream and then woken up and been confused that it hadn’t really happened? That was an Illusion CDD’s fault. Or the classic waking up within a dream, within a dream, so when you actually wake up you’re not sure if it’s for real or not? That’s got Illusion CDD written all over it!
Special Power
Illusion CDDs have the power to turn invisible. They often use this power in order to further confuse others and to play their pranks.
  • “Dragonfly” wings, translucent and fragile-looking, they often shimmer in the light and flutter at high speeds.
  • White sclera.
  • Pale/pastel colors but can have small markings of darker colors.
  • Often has claws and protruding fangs, rarely has large talons.

Nightmare
Nightmare CDDs have a bad reputation because they bring awful dreams to their “prey”. Coupled with their generally more sinister appearance, they make for highly avoided creatures. This does not mean that Nightmares are bad or mean, they look the way they do in order to help inspire the fear they need to survive and must create those horrid dreams in order to eat their fill and live on. They are strictly nocturnal and are often mysterious and interested in mystical practices and the stars. They are an uncommon type.
Emotion Diet
Nightmare CDDs feed on fear, which means they create frightening nightmares, for which they are named, in order to get the nourishment they need.
Special Power
Nightmare CDDs have the power to turn into shadow. Their whole body becomes a fuzzy black void which can pass through solid objects. If they pass through a living creature in this form, the creature will feel cold where they were touched.
  • “Demon” wings, leathery and bat-like.
  • Black sclera.
  • Dark colors but can have small markings of brighter colors.
  • Always has claws or large talons and protruding fangs.

Vision
Vision CDDs are the second rarest type. Like Nightmares, they have a rather poor reputation. They tend to be more serious than the other types due to the pain and sadness they cause and feed on. They are often deep and philosophical, interested in historical facts and hunting down the truth of past events, for they know that understanding the past is the key to a better future.
Emotion Diet
Vision CDDs feed on sadness and the dreams they give are often worse than nightmares, showing a future of despair, in which all your hopes are dashed and the ones you love, lost.
Special Power
Vision CDDs have the power of perfect mimicry, they can mimic any sound they have heard perfectly, including voices. However, they of course cannot mimic a sound they have never heard before! They often use this power to speak with the voice of a loved one in order to draw forth the sadness they need.
  • "Butterfly" wings, soft and thin, covered in a fine powder.
  • White sclera.
  • Dull/desaturated colors but can have small markings of brighter colors.
  • Rarely has claws or protruding fangs, never large talons.

Lucid
Lucid CDDs are the rarest type. When breeding with another type, it is much less likely that a Lucid type child will result. Lucids tend to enjoy tinkering with mechanical and electronic objects and are fascinated by technology and how it works.
Emotion Diet
Lucid CDDs feed on anger, often allowing a dreamer to realize they are dreaming and to control their own body within that dream, but causing them anger by not allowing them to escape frustrating situations within the dream.
Special Power
Lucid CDDs have the power to teleport. This power is limited in that they cannot teleport to over a mile away in one go, and they cannot teleport through time.
  • “Mechanical” wings, hard like metal and generally metallic in color.
  • Black sclera.
  • Natural colors (black, greys, white, browns, etc.) and metallic colors (silver, gold, bronze, copper, etc.) but can have small markings of any color.
  • Often has claws or large talons and protruding fangs.

Rules

1. For now, you may own up to 4 CDDs, artists/staff may own 5.

2. Artists may make one custom for themselves and one custom for a friend. Other staff may make themselves a custom or have an artist make it for them. Customs are only open to the general public during random contest events in which the prize will be a custom. No one may own more than 2 customs.

3. Do not whine, bribe, guilt trip, etc. ANYONE for ANYTHING or you will be banned from owning a CDD.

4. Breeding will become available in the future, but for now is closed.

5. If you no longer want one of your CDDs, speak with the artist about what they are okay with you doing with it. They may wish to put it back up for adoption or they might allow you to gift it to a friend or hold an adoption contest on your own. Note that if you are allowed to hold an adoption contest for a re-adoption of one of your CDDs, the same rules apply to you as they do to artists, you may NOT accept any form of payment for the CDD.

6. Artists may make up their own forms for adopting the CDDs they make, however they may never ask for payment or bids in the form of art*, chicken dollars, CS pets, pets from other sites, real money, or ANYTHING. CDDs will ALWAYS be a free species and if an artist is ever asking for payment for one alert me immediately. *Art may still be a required field for adoption, but it must be of the actual CDD and not personal art for the artist.

7. Artists should not make more than 2 CDDs a week, but should make at least 1 every 2 weeks.

8. Artists may make minor line edits and add accessories, but major line edits must be discussed with me and approved before you put them up for adoption.

9. Fantasy types can be made at any time as they are the most common type. Illusions also do not have a limit on them since they are also fairly common. Nightmares should only be made at least every 5 CDDs since they are more uncommon. Visions should only be made at least every 10 CDDs since they are on the rarer side. Lucids should only be made at least every 15 CDDs since they are the rarest type. Customs do not count toward this (for example, they do not bring us closer to being able to make another Lucid, nor do they count as the one Lucid and do not cause the count to start over).

10. No adoption competition should last longer than a month, ever. Try to keep most under 2 weeks. I can understand if you've made one you really love and you want to make sure it goes to the best home possible, and so you might hold a longer contest, but do not make a habit of it.

Staff
Wolphee - Owner/Artist (Reserved Numbers: #50)
Ravendarus - Co-Owner/Artist (Reserved Numbers: #20)

I am currently not looking for artists or staff. However, I will be holding an artist competition at a later date, so if you are interested in becoming an artist for the species, keep an eye out!

Links
Chibi Dream Dragon Fan Club
Chibi Dream Dragon Archive
Chibi Dream Dragon Nursery - Coming Soon
Just for fun, you may email our mascot, Blue, and she will respond~ Her email is BlueCDD@outlook.com

Gift Lines
By Lya

Warnings & Bans
You get 3 warnings before you are banned. However, if the offense is serious you will be banned outright.
Warnings will be in normal text and will be listed first, banned people will be listed in RED.

N/A

Our Banner/Stamp

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1790316][img]http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff491/zenekawogon/CDDStamp5_zps752f6f50.png[/img][/url]

Affiliates
If you have a species you would like to affiliate with CDDs, please PM me your request along with your code and DO NOT post in this thread with a request, thank you!
Image Image
Last edited by Zeneka on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 18 times in total.
My Image
Zeneka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chibi Dream Dragon Adopts

Postby Ravendarus » Sat May 11, 2013 4:42 am

Bookmarking!! ;3
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeneka » Sat May 11, 2013 9:31 am

bump!
My Image
Zeneka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Sat May 11, 2013 10:58 am

So cute!
༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ toyhouse ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶
my uncomfortable habits <3
[🐰] [🐭] [🌹]
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeneka » Sat May 11, 2013 11:21 am

Thank you ^.^
My Image
Zeneka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paper-Thorn » Sat May 11, 2013 11:23 am

cant wait to see some dragons :)
▬▬ ♣ ▬▬
❝ Canadian ❞

Tumblr
FlightRising
Wattpad
Youtube
Starfy333 is my sister, sometimes we will share a laptop. Thanks.
Paper-Thorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeneka » Sat May 11, 2013 11:24 am

Welp, its the weekend and I've nothing better to do, so you'll probably be seeing quite a few in the next couple days XD
My Image
Zeneka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paper-Thorn » Sat May 11, 2013 11:25 am

Wolphee wrote:Welp, its the weekend and I've nothing better to do, so you'll probably be seeing quite a few in the next couple days XD

yay, i loved the first dragon, that was yours
▬▬ ♣ ▬▬
❝ Canadian ❞

Tumblr
FlightRising
Wattpad
Youtube
Starfy333 is my sister, sometimes we will share a laptop. Thanks.
Paper-Thorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeneka » Sun May 12, 2013 5:34 am

4 adoptables up in 24 hours, and I even worked today, busy me XD
My Image
Zeneka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravendarus » Sun May 12, 2013 5:35 am

XD Busy Wolphee! I'll be making some tonight if I have time!
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me