We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby ryomen » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm

Tindraake wrote:One thing I have to add now that I've been reading more messages is that, genuinely, some of ya'll need to stop seeing the pound as nothing but an opportunity to get free WL rares+. It's not made purposely for that, it isn't a December 18th gift box.
It's meant to redistribute unwanted pets (and items) as well as ones from banned accounts. That's it.
I don't remember when I've last gotten something super valuable from the pound, think it might have been months ago. Sure, it's a little disappointing, but even a less rare/more frequent WL pet is still something. Less to trade for. Not everything has to revolve around rares, rares, rares, y'know? /gen

considering the pound presents an opportunity for people who don't trade a lot to get the higher rarity pets they want and for newer users to build valuable fodder without trading away their entire collection, it absolutely is important to have chances at those better pets and it's not selfish in any aspect to want those chances to be decent. the pound would have almost no appeal without the chance for rares, people would just flock to adoption centers instead if they truly saw value in having a chance at just any pet
the disgraced one.

mostly inactive. trading for monthly outcomes only.
ryomen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheBrokenRobot » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:55 pm

I think the more infrequent opening are better as they're more mindful of people on different shedules/ time zones.

𝔸𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕥, 𝕎𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕣, ℂ𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕖𝕚𝕥 𝔻𝕠𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕣

𝔸𝕟 𝔼𝕝𝕕𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙 ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕀𝕟 𝔸 𝔽𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕪 𝕊𝕦𝕚𝕥

𝑀𝒶𝓁𝑒 ~ 𝐻𝑒/𝐻𝒾𝓂
𝐵𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓈𝒽 ~ 𝓐𝓭𝓾𝓵𝓽
TheBrokenRobot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:57 pm

I would prefer more openings otherwise lots of people would miss out
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _SmollJellyfish_ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:39 pm

I prefer more openings
Many times I have missed the Pound because it is late at night in my timezone,fewer openings would be even more difficult for people like me who live in different time zones
┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄
ImageFURINA DE FONTAINEImage
Image |Infp|♋︎|he/him|Writer| ImageImageImageImage
_SmollJellyfish_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buster2918 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:42 pm

duckblind wrote:Also, while I do like being able to see the pound odds, I think maybe it should be open to view for a briefer period of time or maybe only show the number of each rarity available in a folder or something if it’s possible- I feel like the way it is now makes things way too competitive or laggy at times. I prefer to just miss a pound if it’s open while I’m asleep rather than worry about it anyway.

I didn't even think about that, I think it would be a fine idea to only allow the pound's pets to be reviewed 2 hours - 30 minutes before it opens. This does make it inconvenient for people who have work/school at the time that this would be happening, but they likely wouldn't be able to check during certain hours anyways with 24/7 viewing of the next pound opening, so I guess it doesn't change that much?

Tindraake wrote:One thing I have to add now that I've been reading more messages is that, genuinely, some of ya'll need to stop seeing the pound as nothing but an opportunity to get free WL rares+. It's not made purposely for that, it isn't a December 18th gift box.
It's meant to redistribute unwanted pets (and items) as well as ones from banned accounts. That's it.
I don't remember when I've last gotten something super valuable from the pound, think it might have been months ago. Sure, it's a little disappointing, but even a less rare/more frequent WL pet is still something. Less to trade for. Not everything has to revolve around rares, rares, rares, y'know? /gen

I actually disagree completely with this take. When I was new on the site, and even for a few years after joining, the pound pets I got meant something and had more sentimental value to me, rare or not, and I'd name them personally. However, I now have a LOT more pets than I used to and I do not hold sentimental value with most of them, which makes perfect sense. I am only on this site at the moment to collect pets and potentially trade in the future. I generally stopped trading completely for a few years, and even now I rarely do it, because of terrible experiences with EVERY single person wanting a ridiculous overtrade. So, in the mean time, I have been collecting pets of value to benefit me in the trading aspect of the site because that is one of the biggest aspects I personally value. I'm not severely disappointed with getting anything below a rare like I used to be before I was younger (and thus less mature), but it's still just a slight "aw, bummer" moment. But any pet I do end up getting from the pound will probably be used for the same purpose in the end.
x
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╔═════╗
xxxxxx𝚜𝚑𝚎/𝚑𝚎𝚛
Imagexxxxx𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝xxxxImage
xxxxxx𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊
╚═════╝x

x
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxx.𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘! 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐
xx𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊
xxxx𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂.𝙾. 💜

x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxImagexx©xxImage
Buster2918

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:53 pm

I'm not really thrilled about either option. I'd like to see both more frequent openings and more pets. That way if the pound opens locally around the early am hours or a time I am not on the site, there still is a chance to catch the pound later in the day.

I'm guessing as it is, there are still a lot more people trying to adopt than there are pets, so having the higher amount of pets will still leave a lot of visitors empty handed. But having more frequent openings with a larger amount of pets or slowly delivered every 5 or so minutes for a programed amount of time, might help with this. If after a while it seems that the amount of stock in the pound dwindles to the point it is not sustainable, reducing one of the two can be an option later.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aleksander » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:20 pm

Thank you for thinking about improving the pound!
Over the years, the pond became incredibly uninteresting for me with my mediocre internet. I am much more excited for the lost and found, because there I can actually take my time and look for something I want.

I'd actually be for smaller even more frequent releases. Maybe if more other users are still on pound-cooldown it becomes less hectic to adopt something?
Or increase the cooldown time for the pound.
Or another random idea: If people got small competition-less batches, like e.g., 3 pets to select from. No one else gets them offered at the same time. Then one could have a few seconds before they can re-shuffle and before the pets may be offered to another user. Then at least I wouldn't have to click faster than my internet is even able to show me all the pets.
Aleksander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shurikenfox » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:27 pm

Fellefan wrote:in my opinion the main "problem" with the pound is that we can see what pets will be available in the next opening. when people spot a high value pet in the upcoming opening alerts are sent out and a lot of people show up making the pound incredibly slow, making it almost impossible for us with slow internet to catch anything good. I don't think increasing the size is going to change this, but making adjustments so NO pets in the pound are visible until it opens would at least do something.

Apparently, confirmed by other people, pound pets can be visible before opening? How is that fair in the slightest? It definitely explains how, multiple times before now, I’ve gotten to the pound and waited until the exact time it opens, and rare pets go immediately within the first 10 seconds.
Torra/Midnight/Akai/Vixen | He/Xe/It
Autistic/ADHD, Transmasc Demifluid, Welsh Artist
I’ve now got an art shop open! If you have pets you don’t want anymore, maybe spend them here in exchange for art?
shurikenfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverRat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:08 am

Im for more pound openings, ideally with more pets, but even if there's less pets, the frequency would make up for it I think. I feel the pound already doesn't open all that frequently, and then it opens in the middle of the night for me most of the time :/
More pound openings would definitely accommodate different time-zones a lot better
Punk gremlin man

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love rats wholeheartedly

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

On a (relaxed) mission to get all the rats + rodents
SilverRat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marbles » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:30 am

Aleksander wrote:Thank you for thinking about improving the pound!
Over the years, the pond became incredibly uninteresting for me with my mediocre internet. I am much more excited for the lost and found, because there I can actually take my time and look for something I want.

I'd actually be for smaller even more frequent releases. Maybe if more other users are still on pound-cooldown it becomes less hectic to adopt something?
Or increase the cooldown time for the pound.
Or another random idea: If people got small competition-less batches, like e.g., 3 pets to select from. No one else gets them offered at the same time. Then one could have a few seconds before they can re-shuffle and before the pets may be offered to another user. Then at least I wouldn't have to click faster than my internet is even able to show me all the pets.

I like the idea of changing the cool down and maybe even having selerate cool downs for pound vs the lost & found if there isn't already. Most of the time I don't see the pound opening within the 4 hour cooldown after I snag a pet anyways (though maybe thats just me?). Maybe an 8-12hour cooldown would help more people be able to catch it and have less strain? I do like the current frequency its opening and don't mind the amount of pets currently. If I catch it open then that's great, if I see the heads up it's opening soon I put a timer so I can hop online before they are all gone. I'm not looking for anything spectacular though just wishlist pets I don't already have. I don't even go view pets ahead of time, tbh I didn't know that was a thing until I read it in here where somebody else mentioned it.

I personally think more frequent openings with the same or less pets but changing the cooldown may be most beneficial/fair to other time zones as well as helping with internet strain for some people.
Marbles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me