why are there banner limits on events

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

why are there banner limits on events

Postby pipe me » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:56 pm

title ^^ i've never even been close i'm just wondering :p
pipe me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: why are there banner limits on events

Postby Piefan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:38 pm

Plenty of people would probably gather, like, a thousand candies if not for the limit. It's in place to stop that from happening - that would mess up the rarities. Trade-in pets aren't supposed to be common/vc, usually, but if not for the limit, almost all of them would be.
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grizzegrijn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:40 pm

On the other hand, the time it takes to reach the limit... is insane as it is.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
grizzegrijn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pipe me » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:04 pm

Piefan wrote:Plenty of people would probably gather, like, a thousand candies if not for the limit. It's in place to stop that from happening - that would mess up the rarities. Trade-in pets aren't supposed to be common/vc, usually, but if not for the limit, almost all of them would be.

thanks, that makes sense!
pipe me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:08 pm

When the first summer event came, the medieval faire, theee was no limit. The blue cats with the castle and unicorn on them are the result if what happened: they were all very commin, though they came via the banner. Lots of people set a timer to click every 20 minutes. Not a lot of oets turned rare, i velueve uncommon was the rarest back then.
So they set a limit to make it fair to those who have less time, and to make the pets worth more. Basicly the limit is there to prevent an economy crash.
People pay 1-3 c$ per token. If you can click unlimited banners there are more tokens, so they will be worth less and less.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pipe me » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:16 pm

SabrinaB wrote:When the first summer event came, the medieval faire, theee was no limit. The blue cats with the castle and unicorn on them are the result if what happened: they were all very commin, though they came via the banner. Lots of people set a timer to click every 20 minutes. Not a lot of oets turned rare, i velueve uncommon was the rarest back then.
So they set a limit to make it fair to those who have less time, and to make the pets worth more. Basicly the limit is there to prevent an economy crash.
People pay 1-3 c$ per token. If you can click unlimited banners there are more tokens, so they will be worth less and less.

ahh thank you for the background info
pipe me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:33 am

One of the other reasons is also fairness. People who can be online all the time can gather unlimited tokens while people who have school/work can't without a banner limit. To keep it more fair, people who have more time can hit the banner limit while people who don't have a lot of time can still hit that same banner limit C:
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VegetaLover1998 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:34 am

DaDwarf wrote:One of the other reasons is also fairness. People who can be online all the time can gather unlimited tokens while people who have school/work can't without a banner limit. To keep it more fair, people who have more time can hit the banner limit while people who don't have a lot of time can still hit that same banner limit C:

i like that, it's very fair. Especially for us college students
VegetaLover1998

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:44 am

I think of banner limits like the adoption limits on monthly pets, except you have to work to reach the limit, but still
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me