Valentine's Semi Custom Competition !! [OPEN]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Valentine's Semi Custom Competition !! [OPEN]

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm

Hello and welcome to the competition !!
This year for Valentine's Kalons aren't hosting a formal event of any kind but I still wanted to do a little something. As you all know new members being welcomed into the community is one of the things that keeps us growing and developing, allowing this wonderful community to continue and prosper. We all remember what it's like to be new and the struggle to obtain your first few Kalons. This year I'd like to make that a little easier for a couple of you just getting into the swing of things !!

In this competition owners of 5 or less Kalons will be competing for one of 14 standard semi-customs!!

I have partnered with several of our amazing staff members to bring this opportunity to you guys so lets give them all a warm round of applause for helping out. The competition is fairly simple: I want you to paint a clear image of this Kalon's aesthetic. This can be in moodboards, playlists, writing, coding, anything really. Go wild!
You will have a max 1,000 words to complete the prompt.
Additionally you will have to provide a concept design for the Kalon. This can be done traditionally, on oekaki, or off oekaki, but it must be done by you, the competitor. Please keep in mind that this does not have to be a fully fleshed out design and design quality will not be a part of the judging as this will not be the official design of the Kalon.

At the end of the competition I will be working with staff to select the 14 Kalons we feel have been most cohesively brought to life through the various mediums that you choose! The artists that are participating will then each be given a winning form and based off this form create a Kalon for you! This competition will end on March 1st at 10:00 PM EST.

If you have any questions please PM me, Jiinxed!, as I will be running the competition. Please be sure to title the PM "Competition Question" exactly or it will not get separated into the proper folder and response will be slower.

FAQ

Q: Can I make art for my entry?
Sure, but it can not feature the Kalon in it! As these Kalons do not exist and the designs are not official art of them can not be shared publicly, however you can draw any form decorations or scenery ect. that you would like to go with the prompt.
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valentine's Semi Custom Competition !! [OPEN]

Postby cribunni » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Panem [ pah-nehm ] || female || Who waits in the woods || [ 849/1000 ]

“Someone like you shouldn’t be out here in the woods, all alone. But don’t worry. I can keep you safe.”

other palette ideas: x x x x

Part 1: the winter
May 24th, 1933

The village roared in bright red embers, screams echoing through the deep pine woods surrounding the village. Mothers carried their children from the flames, other townsfolk throwing buckets of water onto the fire in the hopes that the droplets would spread like the ocean. They didn’t. The trees along the edge of the village began to catch the flames, bursting into a red glow that burned the night. As the townsfolk all gathered together, huddling in front of their burning homes, a shadow passed overhead. Heavy paws hit the ground with a thud, the dry earth cracking beneath them. The kalons gasped, backing up further into the tree line. They watched as the long furred figure pulled itself into a straighter position, strong shoulders flexing underneath curling fur. The stranger swung its head around, pale green eyes glowing in the night. A smile spread across her maw, a look like no other shadowing her gaze. The Kalon, a woman most of them thought, turned herself toward the fire, planting her paws deeply into the ground. She began to whisper, her rasping voice flowing from her throat like it wasn’t only her speaking. The wind began to pick up around them, a strong breeze beginning to gust from within the forest. As the wind grew faster, the pine trees whipped wildly, branches snapping and falling to the ground. Through it all the woman did not raise her voice, a nearly silent whisper escaping her maw. All at once, the wind gathered itself into a swirling cloud, until it all pushed towards the village. As if it were never there in the first place, the fire snuffed out. The cold of the night creeped into the townsfolk’s skin once again, their breath mingling with the air in a cloud of white smoke. The village leaders gathered themselves together, all looking forward to where the woman stood. Or did. The village was empty, no trace of the strange woman remained. The villagers looked up in surprise as white flakes began to drift from the deep grey sky, ice miraculously forming on their homes. Icicles began to elongate on the trees, the area beginning to look like a winter worn terrain. Of course, the villagers didn’t know that the rest of the forest remained the same as it had, the only spot of white was a circular shape of about a mile wide radius around the village.

[ 403 ]

Part two: missing
May 24th, 2019

The teenage boys howled in delight as they drove their small pickup truck wildly through the woods. The boy driving swerved back and forth between the trees, laughing. The boy beside him had his head out the window, dunking in now and then to dodge a close tree. They had been doing this for months, in the part of the forest that was being cleared out for more buildings. The older people in town said that the forest was once much more healthy and vibrant than it was now, due to deforestation and pollution. The boys, like most of the other people in town, didn’t really care. It was close to midnight now, the boys not worrying about waking the rest of their town. As the boys rounded another set of trees, a woman appeared before them. The boys screamed as they swerved hard to the right, ramming into a large boulder. The truck flew over a hill, rolling down the side before planting itself upright and shaking. The boys watched as the woman walked towards them, her long tail sending frost across the pale grass and leaves. Her breath burned the air as if it were winter. The boy in the driver’s side struggled to pull his door open, but the handles began to freeze over, ice covering the interior of the car in an instant. The boys screamed as the ice continued to build around the car, the temperature dropping wildly. The woman still stood to the side, whispering as the wind blew her hair. The boys huddled together as their fur began to form icicles. They saw the woman one last time before the window froze over completely; she wore a strange smile.
-
3 days later, the boys were found. They were inside a completely frozen truck, the ground around it pale white with frost. Small tree saplings poked their way out of the frost, moss and flowers joining them. The rescue team worked for hours to pry the door open, the temperature dropping the closer you got to the vehicle. They finally managed to get the door open, and found the boys frozen solid. As they struggled to lift them from the truck, they realized that the boys’ hearts were still beating. In a miracle, the people in town were able to thaw the boys. They were oddly calm, and dead silent as they rejoined the world. Weeks later, their families knew that the incident had changed them. They stopped driving through the forest, and protested against the clearing of the west side. The boys planted new tree saplings there. They didn’t seem to notice that they grew much faster than normal.

[ 446 ]

Animal Impulses - IAMX

I found - Amber Run

Runaway - AURORA

Wolf - First Aid Kit

x
Last edited by cribunni on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.

ImageImageImage
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MATT !! ANY PRONOUNS !! LESBIAN
deviant art . toyhou.se . art shoppe .
cribunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloven » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:59 pm

I own 2 kals

𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕞𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔 𝕥𝕠𝕠. 𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕤 𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟.

Sketch of a ton of ideas- if I make her I’ll have to see how much would make them look good. Lots of lace, white, black, red, and maybe neon depending on how it looks
(Sorry it big)
XD she a sass queen tho. Meant to be a tad stereotypic in order to establish understandable character and to have a lot of room to improve throughout life! 497/1,000
Last edited by cloven on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 9 times in total.
cloven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyabeille » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:16 pm

dropping ♥
Last edited by nyabeille on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nyabeille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lunaire » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:45 pm

marking
x

x
x
x
" s u n s h i n e "
sen ☼ he/him
please don’t call me girl ♡
kalons©
lunaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hxneystorm » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:59 pm

hopefully marking !! i have five kals :0
hxneystorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌹

Postby Glitter_Goatman » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:10 pm

─────────────Image─────────────
// poisonous bread //
// Balladyna [ballah-dyh-nah] //
// female //
// zero kalons owned //
᙭ ᙭ ᙭

[sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my native language!!]
[468 words]

The sun has just started to rise when a figure was running between the buildings. She seemed to be hurrying somewhere. The woman took a turn, slipped on the icy sidewalk and fell, but got up very quickly and continued the run. She had no time to waste. The wind was blowing her hair. She had a long jacket on, which did not make running easier. She was more and more exhausted, but did not stop. No time, no time... every second counts... Another turn. A huge block of flats appeared in front of her. She quickly got inside as she reached it and started climbing the stairs. The lift was too slow. She got to the sixth floor. A few more steps and she made it...

A body found in the local high school
Today, around 9 am, a body was discovered in the local high school in Silverhill. The victim most likely died by
electrocution and probably that was an accident, but the investigation is still in a very early stage so we don't know much. Our journalist hasn't been told the identity of her, we only know that it was a girl and she was around 17 years old. "It's a real tragedy" - says the headmaster of the school - "It's not a big school, most of our students knew the victim, so it affected many of them. She was really liked here. Nobody had died in this building for over 20 years until now." We'll let you know once we get more information, make sure to buy the next issue of our newspaper.

─────────────
Image─────────────

She made it. She was standing for a few minutes in the living room, looking out the window and sat on the couch, lost in thought and panting heavily. And then the realization finally hit her. It was her fault. She started crying and covered her face with her hands. If only she could reverse the time... But it was too late. She didn't mean to. If only she knew... Suddenly, she stood up and grabbed a random item near her hand, which appeared to be a mug, and threw it in fury across the room. The mug shattered into pieces. How? How could she be so stupid!? She should've known this would happen. But it was too late. She felt so helpless and tired as she looked at the remains of the mug she sat back on the couch and continued crying. What has she done!? Why? Because she had more friends? Because everyone liked her? Because she was better? It was supposed to be a regular innocent joke... It was an accident... But it was definitely Balladyna's fault.
She killed her own sister.

But she did not know what was coming next...

SIAMÉS - The Wolf
[pixel art credit]
Last edited by Glitter_Goatman on Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:21 am, edited 20 times in total.
Glitter_Goatman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeyqlass » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:26 pm

mark, I have one kal
honeyqlass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the pathetic john doe and his crude infatuation with a crow

Postby 0009 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:20 am

the moon looks nice today and i'm so sad that this sucks but i tried my best and some of it was fun so cheers
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx- 𝔞𝔫 𝔞𝔠𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔱 𝔟𝔶 ℌ𝔦𝔰 𝔪𝔬𝔰𝔱 𝔩𝔬𝔶𝔞𝔩 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔦𝔭𝔩𝔢, 𝔍𝔬𝔥𝔫 𝔇𝔬𝔢.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxI AM A CAGE 
xxxxxxxxIN SEARCH 
xxxxxxxxOF A BIRD.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxIDOLATRY.
xxxxxxxxxSEMPER FIDELIS.
xxxxxxxxPERPETUAL LIMBO.
xxxxxxxxWITHERING ROSE.
xxxA SERVANT OF THE FALSE GOD.
xxxxxxxxxCURSE THE SUN.
xxxxxxxxxxxxCHASMS.
xxxSENSIM AMOR SENSUS OCCUPAT.
xxxxxxxxxxxxSAUDADE.
xxxxxxhave you seen my prince?
x
x

A boy woke up to find himself lying on a d
esolate field of dead grass.The sky was gr
ey and cloudless, yet the sun would not re
veal its rays— ‘Was it shy?’, wondered the
boy as the words dripped from his lips like
honey in the form of a soft whisper. He he
ard nothing but the sigh of a hot breeze in
response. The boy studied the area aroun
d him to find some semblance of sense to
this madness— but the search proved frui
tless. The boy knew not of the world or of
himself. 'I do not even know my name.' [Ⅰ]

'I am the Crow Prince', the boy whipped[Ⅱ]
is head towards the source of the noise an
d spotted a creature with black feathery f
ur, 'and you will now be namedx John Doe,
my loyal subject.' The boy looked at the p
rince with wild bewilderment— not one th
at derived from the arbitrary state that sp
routed before him, but rather the strange
emptiness that resided within his heart an
d the speed of which he had accepted this
insanity as his new reality. His eyes fell fro
m the prince's red gaze and he bowed dow
n in submission and in respect to his new c
row prince. Fur caressed his skin, he looke
d up to see his prince peering down at him
with intense affection.x John felt warmth.
x
x

Time passed by— and John learnt many things. xThey were alone in this world, for as long as they have wandered they have not met a single soul. However, to John, xeverythingx was xirrelevant but tendingx to the whimsx of his belovedx prince, for he was his only companion; the onlyx shed xof xlight in ax world of endless shadow. He felt indebted to all of the xsweet xsmilesx hisx prince had shared with him during their moments [Ⅲ] of purex intimacyx and innocence.

[Ⅳ]'Thexxxxxx sunx isxxx tooxxx shy.'
'Whatxx will xhappenx whenxxxx.xxxx
xxxx.xthex sunx returns,x myx Prince?'
'Why,xxx I'll getxxx to xgoxxx home.'
'Willxx you xxxleavexxx me?'
The xxxxxprince xxxxxresponded
with xxxxxxxxxxxxxsilence.
For the first time since
he had woke up into
the grey world,
John felt
fear.
why must you go
why didn't you
take me with you
you left behind a distorted heart

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
    the moon looks nice today
    chasing clouds— what a truly fruitless endeavor. an attempt to capture such formless being would only be the work of a madman, for they will only dissolve into the nothingness they once were. it is the acknowledgement that they too will soon drift away is one that i find simultaneously saddening and comforting— for it is the nature of their temporary but beautiful state that provides their presence with such value, for the fickle nature of my sky almost guarantees that such a sight will not be seen the following day. the cloud that you've grown fond of is doomed to leave, but if one such object can leave while making an impact upon yourself, then so can all of the terrible things that life can thrust upon your chest. breathe well, child. suffering only lasts for so long; repeating such phrases provides me subtle caresses of comfort during such times of distress— is statement that i would wish were true, but in all honesty almost nothing can soothe the restlessness within me. your warmth remains in my heart, but it is getting cold and your scent is a stain inside my brain but it has grown ever so faint— when will you return, great prince of the crows? were my services not enough? you were my cloud, and you have left behind rain. i am drowning yet again. the red sun marks its yearly thanks for allowing it to take you away from me, as i am too weak of a combatant to fight against your fate, but then, you wouldn’t have wanted me to stop you, would you? unfortunately, it appears that i am merely an empty cage. i wish to possess you, my prince. does that scare you? it scares me. why? why do we feel such things… it only permeates and dissolves into nothing, over time. in my journey of traversing through the perils of limbo, i find myself being faced with the ugly face that is immortality in this wretched world there is color now but it is all grey without you. i, as a self proclaimed painter of the clouds and the sky and of all the birds that seem to haunt me as the red sun shines above: all the canvases, all the clouds, all the colors— they simply cannot compare to you. where are you? where are you? where are you? am i mortal? will i die one day? i fear too greatly that i will not be able to see you again to find that out for myself if that is the truth. were you nothing more than a false god? perhaps i deserve this pain for questioning you, or perhaps it is deserved of this undisciplined irrationality that i have enabled myself to fall into for too long— i do not need to eat to live in this world, but i am starting to believe that you were my sustenance that i needed to devour. i am once again succumbing to madness. madness. i feel too sad to write, now. i shall continue to use the radio that i have found washed up on the beach. it works. i like the songs that they play. i saw paintings too. ever since the sun had returned, buildings continue to sprout and they are full of objects but there is not a soul in sight that i can speak to, but at least there is now life beyond you. crows fly across the sky. i am jealous of their gifts. i will now dance to the radio of shores, until then beloved prince, please return soon.

[john's silly doodles a.k.a. concept design]
[how this post is supposed to look: 1, 2]
Last edited by 0009 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Whisper In The Forest (Entry, completed!)

Postby Deercan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:27 am

Alexander Nicholas Justus
male
lord of flowers
mute, grown up in a society where verbal communication is key
proud, worried, misunderstood, creative
this is His story

'Hello! Goodbye! See you soon! How's life going? Where did you buy that? Amazing! Come, let's go visit Claire. Party at my house tonight! Did you hear the news about Jenny? Nice hat! Oh look, there's that stupid mute weirdo...'
This is what he heard. Every single day, Alexander woke up to this. Everywhere you went in this place, there was noise. There was no paper, cell phones, or books. Communication was done through speaking, and everyone knew this rule. If you decided to disobey, you would be shunned, invisible, forgotten. Young kalon Alexander Nicholas Justus knew this the best of all, for he was mute.

Alexander can't remember a time when he spoke, or when any other kalon actually stopped talking for more than a few seconds. As a young child, he had no friends. Once he hit the age of 10, his parents left him. Maybe at one point they loved him, but never now. Perhaps they saw it as an embarrassment to have a 'cursed' child. So, Alexander Nicholas Justus, was alone.

Now the age of 23, Alexander has the right to plea. Due to his forced refusal to obey the law, he sits in Town Square, expression unreadable. The town seems to speak as one, calling him shamed names, trying to get him to speak. But alas, it is no use. Understanding crosses Alexander's face. No one wants him here. Head held high, he turns, and proudly walks away from the town, out into the great unknown. Oh, Alexander, what shall you do next? No one has ever left the town. Good luck, misunderstood child.

His story has just begun. What shall happen next? Only time will tell. But please, young Alexander, remember to always trust the flowers..

Are you here to see the wanderer? The one that came from far? I'm sorry sir, but not right now, our young prince is rather busy. He's been running ever so long, never halting to rest. Young Alexander is too weak to speak at the moment, please wait a while. No, sir, you may not see him. The young one is exhausted from his trek! You would be too if you were chased away countless times. Oh, please, sir, leave him be, he is young and scared. Fine then, mystery man. But leave your belongings at the door, the lord of flowers does not like for the peace to be disturbed. One last warning though. Us flowers to not like to be walked on, so please be careful where you set your paws. And be quiet, the lord is sleeping in a bed of delicate lavender and roses. Goodluck, mystery man.

I own 1 kalon! total word count of this is around 430 words.
Concept idea lots of vine like swirls? shy yet proud, wondering kid. feel free to change edit ideas/design ideas! (light pinks, greens, and blues for colours? if doing yellow only small bits and pale yellow. black/white always welcome)
credits
https://www.deviantart.com/bqsil/art/6-744531562
https://www.deviantart.com/claire-and-c ... -669390771
https://www.deviantart.com/sqdpxl/art/F ... -636725286
Last edited by Deercan on Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me