༺ The Isle of Lovebirds ༻ Closed

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

༺ The Isle of Lovebirds ༻ Closed

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:40 pm

You are on a ship whose course is set. The island you seek lies ahead of you, and you can see trees rising up to kiss the clouds. Streaks of color soar through the air, letting out their sing-song calls. Welcome to...

Ƭнɛ Ɩsℓɛ σғ Lσvɛвιr∂s

Navigation wrote:✫ Docks (welcome and rules)
Beach (species info)
Forest (Find a bird!)
Clutches (Hatch a bird!)
Town (shops and bank)
Coloration Pond (customs)
Incubators (breeding)
Tower (affiliates and advertising)
Fairgrounds (events)
Clearing (reserved)

Off-Thread:
Nesting (see all birds)
The Hometrees (co-op archives)
Fanclub
The Docks:

Hello there! Would you look at that, a bird has already swooped down
to greet you. Here on the Isle, you may find your own birds, buy things
to give your birds, grow your Hometree, and watch
as flocks of new birds arrive.

Birds homed: 116

General Rules:

1. Please don't claim birds that do not belong to you!

2. Please keep Lovebirds on Chicken Smoothie. They may be used anywhere on the site, as pets for your characters, in trade threads, as sig decorations/pets, just please keep them on CS, and link back to this thread somehow uwu

3. Do not spam the thread. Posts such as 'mark', 'bump', and flock/clutch suggestions are a-okay, but please don't start posting about off-topic things or try to roleplay your birds here ^.^"

4. Respect other users! Do not post complaints about not getting a certain bird, and do not post anything that may make another user feel guilty for getting a bird. Congratulations are okay, though!

5. Don't alter your Lovebird's image in any way. It IS okay to put your bird on a banner, though, as long as you link back here at some point in whatever the banner is used in.
Announcements:

Let me know when your birthday is to receive 100 feathers!

Lovebirds are looking for artists!

Staff
ThatPinkThing
Owner/Creator/Artist

Jolteon,
Artist

Our affiliates:
None, just PM me to be affiliates though <3

To apply to be an artist, fill out the form below, and PM it to me! The title of the PM MUST be "Lovebirds Artist App". I have a folder where all messages with that title will automatically be sent.

Info for being an artist:
1. Must make at least two flocks per month. (Flocks consist of at least 3 birds.)
2. When you make a clutch, please make the egg and the bird. (Isle clutches have at least 3 eggs, bred clutches have a random number.)
3. You receive 3 feathers for every bird you make, and an additional two for each egg. So for a flock of 4 birds, you'd get 12 feathers, but for a clutch of 4, you'd get 20.
4. For each clutch you make, you can make yourself a custom!
5. You can make a ton of flocks and send them to me and be set for a few months, it just has to work out to 2 per month. (So say if you went nuts and sent me 10 flocks, you could be set to like, take a hiatus for 5 months if you wanted idk. A more reasonable example is 3-5 flocks sent at once.)

Code: Select all
Username:
What program do you use?:
Examples of pixel art:
Three ideas for flocks:
How active are you?:
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:15 am, edited 64 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༺ The Isle of Lovebirds ༻ Beach!

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:50 pm

Welcome to the beach! There's lots of pamphlets and knowledgeable people around here; what a wonderful first stop to teach you more about Lovebirds.

Lovebirds (commonly referred to as LBs on the Isle), are an interesting bird species only found here. They appear to be related to ducks and parrots. They have the body shape of ducks, but their colors and beak resemble a parrot-like gene. Their beaks give them the name 'Lovebirds', as they look like hearts.

Lovebirds can float on the water surface like ducks, and check it out, there's a whole string of them lining the shore and enjoying a dip. Their feet are a little strange, as they are not fully webbed like a duck's, but they are slightly webbed, and softer than a parrot's hard legs and sharp talons.

They have parrot-like feathers, as well. Most have long, extravagant tail feathers and tall head feathers, all for the sake of showing off. They can sometimes benefit a bird in flight, but the original purpose was for attracting mates.

LBs can imitate sounds like parrots do too! They can also make a hum a song, and will 'honk' when alarmed.

Bird Species:
long-feathered
The long-feathered Lovebirds are the most common variation, and there are many near the docks and the edges of the Isle.

star-feathered
Star-feathered lovebirds are a common breed, and they use their spiked feathers to startle predators. They can be grumpy sometimes, but take to handlers when interacted with often.

straight-feathered
Straight feathered birds are similar to the common build of feathers on most birds. They have their distinct heart beaks, still, so that is what distinguishes them from birds like finches and sparrows. They are a common breed.

bald
Huh, this bird's lost it's tail and head feathers... Apparently permanently. Due to their shy and self-conscious nature, these birds are an uncommon variation of LBs.

sweep-feathered
This bird's long, heavy feathers make it a spectacle to look at! It's uncommon, staying deeper in the forest to keep its big feathers from getting all sandy.

More variations will be discovered as we venture further into the forest! The next feather-type will be found at: 175 adopted birds.
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:06 am, edited 11 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༺ The Isle of Lovebirds ༻ Forest!

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Docks - Beach - ✫ Forest - Clutches - Town - Coloration Pond - Incubators - Tower - Fairgrounds

Welcome to the forest, where flocks of new birds arrive. Flocks might arrive Sunday-Wednesday, and will usually be adopted out in a raffle style. Codes for the Flocks will be posted when the next Flock arrives.

Flock birds are birds who are similar to each other and get along well enough to travel together. Flock-mates are not related to one another, and can be bred together.

Title: Gems Pt. 2 (Plus the Leftovers from Pt. 1) by ThatPinkThing
tag: sparkly sparkly

1. Image
1. WalkingContradiction

2. Image

3. Image
1. bricakes

4. Image

5. Image

6. Image
1. Anything.
2. Catskitten

The Form:
[size=150][color=#BF00BF]I want a bird![/color][/size]
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Tag[/b]:
[b]Bird Number[/b]:
[b]Bird Name[/b]:
[b]Bird Gender[/b]:
[b]Other[/b]:

And here are the flock-less birds! Flock-less birds were not adopted out in their original flocks, so they group together. This section is like the 'pound'. Unless birds come from the same clutch, they are not related. They have a separate form for adoption below, and are FCFS.
flock-less birds wrote:0. [example]
Bird Title

The titles listed under the birds just let you know what they're based on :)

Flock-less Form:
[center][size=150][color=#BF0080]I want a flock-less bird![/color][/size]
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Bird Title[/b]:
[b]Bird Name[/b]:
[b]Bird Gender[/b]:
[b]Other[/b]:
[/center]
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 73 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༺ The Isle of Lovebirds ༻ Clutch Center

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:59 pm

The Clutch Center is where Clutches (groups of eggs) are posted for first come, first serve adoption. Clutch-mates are related and cannot be bred together.

Clutches are posted as eggs, and their birds will hatch when all birds are adopted and the codedrop occurs. The Clutches are a more mysterious way of adopting, as you don't know for SURE what you're getting, but the eggs are good indicators, and they are faster to adopt out than Flocks.

You may only get ONE clutch bird per batch!

Current Clutches:
Title:
tag:

The Form:
[size=150][color=#BF40BF]I'd like an egg![/color][/size]
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Tag[/b]:
[b]Clutch Title[/b]:
[b]Egg Number[/b]:
[b]Other[/b]:
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:39 am, edited 22 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༺ The Isle of Lovebirds ༻ Town!

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:48 pm

You've happened upon the main town on the island, and there's assorted shops selling accessories, decorations, and other things-- all for the birds! They really love the birds here (ba-dum-tss). The currency used is feathers, and there's a bank to convert other currencies to feathers down at the end of the street.

Accessories and Decor are modeled for you by a very social, golden bird named Arturo.

Bird Accessories

Shades (only in black) -- 5 feathers

Bandana (available in any color, hex codes/color swatches are appreciated!) -- 10 feathers

Bowtie (available in any color, hex codes/color swatches are appreciated!) -- 10 feathers

Bird Decor

Flowers (available in any colors, hex codes/color swatches are appreciated! If none are provided, I will do them in colors that look nice with your LB. Flowers are movable but not flippable.) -- 10 feathers

Nuts. Birds love nuts. (movable, but colors cannot change.) -- 5 feathers

Plush Birb (available in any colors, hexes/swatches appreciated, and I will color it like a random real-life bird species if you don't provide colors.) -- 20 feathers

Animations

Heart (can bounce anywhere, and can be any color. I'll make it red if no color is provided.) -- 35 feathers

(( he dancin' ))
Bounce -- 50 feathers

Here's the form to buy items/animations!
[center][color=#BF40BF]Let's shop![/color]
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Item(s)[/b]:
[b]What colors for which ones?[/b]:
[b]What birds are getting which item(s)?[/b]:
[b]Total Cost[/b]:
[b]Other[/b]:
[/center]

Bank
The bank is run by a moody, green bird named Cranky. His squawk is worse than his bite.

OMGSC = 2 Image
VC = 5 Image
1C$ = 10 Image
unknown rarity = 10 Image
C = 10 Image
UC = 50 Image
R = 200 Image
VR = 2,000 Image
Store Pets (regardless of rarity) = 2,000 Image
OMGSR = infinite Image
Wishlist Bonus = +10 Image

Age Bonuses
+5 Image for 2014-2015 pets
+15 Image for 2012-2013 pets
+25 Image for 2011 pets
+50 Image for 2010 pets
+75 Image for 2009 pets
+100 Image for 2008 pets

balances wrote:awesomekitty - 305
BriCakes - 1278
Catskitten - nuts item, light pumpkin, candy bucket, 670
Don't Let me go - 100
EyePudding - 10
Nyeh Heh Heh!! - 25
Pancakes - candy basket, candy, dark pumpkin, still bat, 465
tigerclaw14892aj - 50
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 44 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༺ The Isle of Lovebirds ༻ Coloration Pond!

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:55 pm

Docks - Beach - Forest - Clutches - Town - ✫ Coloration Pond - Incubators - Tower - Fairgrounds

"Why, hello there! I'm Diamond; wouldn't you like a bird as beautiful as I?"

Customs are currently CLOSED, thanks for your understanding!

Welcome to the Coloration Pond, sometimes called the Custom Pond on the island ;> Custom Lovebirds are popular because you get to pick all the details on your bird! Sweetfeather is a custom, and her heart-shaped markings help others recognize the 'Lovebirds' vibe. What do you want people to think of when they see your LB?

I will not make birds based on copyrighted things for feathers! You may use custom tickets that you get to order one for free, or you may order one when customs are free, but I won't make them for a cost.

A color-in of any existing feather type is just 25 Image!

Line edits will cost 25 extra Image (includes edited head and tail feathers).

Hair is 5 Image.

Custom accessories are 10 Image each, and can only be bought when ordering a custom.

Here is the form to get a custom Lovebird!
[center][color=#BF0080]I'm visiting the Coloration Pond![/color]
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Bird Name[/b]:
[b]Bird Gender[/b]:
[b]Feather Type[/b] (please describe or provide a reference if custom):
[b]Reference or Solid Description[/b]:
[b]Would you like the image flipped?[/b]:
[b]Any preference as to which direction the bird is looking?[/b]:
[b]Total Cost[/b]:
[/center]
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༺ The Isle of Lovebirds ༻ Incubators!

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:02 pm

The incubators are all located inside a clinic where birds are bred.

Breeding is currently CLOSED, thanks for your understanding!

Breedings will yield Clutches of 3-6 birds! Breeding costs 70 Image, and you may keep up to half of the Clutch! If an odd number of birds are produced, you may keep the smaller section, and the one that tips the scales in terms of count will be offered to you for 10 Image. The breeder will see what hatched 2nd gen. birds look like, remaining offspring will be put in Clutch adoption in their egg forms.

If two different users wish to breed their birds, the cost is 35 Image each (unless one user wants to pay for all of it), and each of the two will still keep half. One of you can choose to pay for the odd-numbered bird, or it will be put up for adoption.

You can breed with any of the freebie birds for 35 Image, and while their little extra floating decor cannot be passed on, the colors on the decor can be.

The birds have genders, but you may breed any two birds, as it is their DNA that's replicated and combined. Lovebirds are actually genetically engineered and are incapable of reproducing on their own.

3 pairs may be bred at a time!

Nest 1:

Nest 2:

Nest 3:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Bird 1 image and name[/b]:
[b]Bird 2 image and name[/b]:
[b]Is this a breeding between two users' birds?[/b]:
[b]Cost from each user[/b]:

[i]If applicable, will the second user please quote this and confirm their agreement.[/i]

Sometimes I fall a little in love with clutches. I might offer to buy a bird from your clutch when I show you their designs, but you will ALWAYS get to pick your birds first, and you ALWAYS have the right to say no and buy them all or put them up for others to adopt. If you choose to let others adopt them, I won't claim any.
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 11 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༺ The Isle of Lovebirds ༻ Tower!

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Docks - Beach - Forest - Clutches -Town - Coloration Pond - Incubators - ✫ Tower - Fairgrounds

Wow! From the top of this tower, you can see a whole lot of the island, and some of the far-off land across the waters. Wanna show the rest of the world to the island?

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3164449][IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2vlnscj.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3164449][IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/24zf7m0.png[/IMG][/url]

And this cute rainbow flashy banner is by Psycho!
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3164449][img]http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/a8ba3d30-84c7-11e6-b430-a96a6cfc3994.gif[/img][/url]

If you want to make a banner/stamp/button, I'll display it here for others to use too!
PM me if you'd like to be affiliates!

Hmm... There's a whole lot of birds wandering around up here too. Here's some freebies! Anyone can use them, they aren't a first-come first-serve type, and they won't be added to archives.

" Pat "
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3164449][IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/jzbm75.gif[/IMG][/url]

" Nic "
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3164449][img]http://i67.tinypic.com/hrxxkn.gif[/img][/url]

" Val "
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3164449][IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/2qmnrkm.gif[/IMG][/url]

" Hol "
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3164449][IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/30su6gl.gif[/IMG][/url]

" Tuk "
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3164449][IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2a6a1qf.gif[/IMG][/url]
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༺ The Isle of Lovebirds ༻ Fairgrounds!

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:11 pm

Wow! You've come to a whole field where trees and rocks have been cleared away. It would be a wonderful place to have a fair, a party, an island gathering...

Too bad there's nothing here right now.
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 26 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

༺ The Isle of Lovebirds ༻ Clearing

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:15 pm

Just a clearing, where space has been reserved in case it's needed.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me