The Laboratory [Looking for Artists!]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

The Laboratory [Looking for Artists!]

Postby spinachcube » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:02 am

CLICK HERE FOR THE ARCHIVE

CLICK HERE FOR ARTIST APPLICATIONS

You've heard of the Laboratory before - a large and white-walled building which housed experiments and creatures which you've never encountered before. However, now it lies in desolate ruins, forever awaiting for the spark to bring it back to life. Countless weeds and ivy surround the area, and until now, everyone had disregarded it and left it to crumble to pieces. But even as you're warned by your friends that it's a dangerous place and not to be reckoned with, you ignore their cautious advice and slowly push open the rusted gate, a eerie creak sounding out loud in the suddenly silent atmosphere.

The glass doors are broken, or in the left one's case, hanging sadly from the top hinge. The once-blue sign had been ripped to shreds ages ago, and even before you step inside the Laboratory, you hear the barks and squeaks of creatures who have long since made their homes inside the old building. You fumble around for the light switch, finally managing to start up the power with a huge lever which has cobwebs and dust all over it, and you wipe your hands on your jacket, disgusted. But soon enough, the whole building has been lit up, and you look around in amazement.

Taking a few steps forward, you brush the dust away from the glass table in the middle, coughing as it enters your lungs. Some of the work that the scientists have completed has obviously not disappeared as you thought they would - slightly yellowed papers are littered around the floor, and cages are lying open all around the floor. But as you brush the screen, it seems to come alive with a hacking, whirring sound and you stare, because bright blue words have suddenly appeared on it.

Welcome to the Lab.

Would you like to log in as a:-
> RETURNING USER
> NEW USER?

Your heart beating excitedly, and against all your instincts, shaking fingers tap 'NEW USER', and the screen flashes to be replaced by another one.

Please enter username below:-

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

Things turned out to be stranger than you had expected, but you hurriedly type in your username, providing a password as well. The computer confirms that you have been entered into the database then, and you wait breathlessly for something else to happen. Another whirring sound sounds from inside, and you look worriedly towards the door, afraid of it suddenly exploding. After all, it has been there for several years without use already...

But when you turn your attention back to the table, a Lab ID card, a set of shiny new keys, and a white lab coat are waiting for you to your surprise. Wasting no time, you don the coat and the ID card, and shove the keys in your pocket, intent on exploring the secrets of the Laboratory.
Last edited by spinachcube on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.
spinachcube

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Laboratory [Rules & Stash]

Postby spinachcube » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:03 am

> Please do not claim my art as your own.
    > Please do not modify my work in any way.
    > No complaining and haggling about prices.
    > Please be polite to myself and others.
    > Send the trade immediately after ordering, and tell me it is for the Laboratory.

You will be able to exchange Chicken Smoothie Pets for Silver Keys, which is the currency used here.

Exchange Values for CS Pets:
> OMGSC - 1 Image
> SC - 2 Image
> C - 5 Image
> UC - 10 Image
> R - 20 Image
> VR - 50 Image
> OMGSR - Unlimited Image

> 1C$ - 5 Image
> PPS Cats - +8 Image
> Horses/PPS Horses - + 8 Image
> Wishlist - +10 Image

Laboratory Staff
    > spinachcube: Thread Owner
    > SummerLoveZ: Guest Artist
Last edited by spinachcube on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
spinachcube

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Laboratory [Experiment Lab]

Postby spinachcube » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:03 am

You look around the experiment lab pensively, but much of it is covered in dust from years of being untouched by human hands. Wrinkling your nose and pulling up your lab coat sleeves, you get to work. Within a few tiring hours, the place looks much more like home, and a satisfaction is settling in your stomach, a smile bubbling to your face. There is a another big blue screen in the corner, perhaps going through its options might give you some ideas to create some experiments of your own!

PRE-CREATED EXPERIMENTS
None at the moment, sorry!

There are even more on the other side of the lab. Countless beakers and items are strewn across the table, as if someone left in a hurry. But there's no time to think about that; here you can design your own experiment however you want.

CUSTOMIZED EXPERIMENTS
Not available as an option yet.

Code drops!
    None yet.
Last edited by spinachcube on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
spinachcube

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Laboratory [Inventory]

Postby spinachcube » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:04 am

While exploring around the area, you come across a metal door with a dollar sign etched into it, and realizing that it matches one of your keys, you take the right one out and open the door. It swings away with a soft click, and you go inside, once again pulling down a large lever, and the lights go on.

Looking around the area, you see some items that would be of use to you, and take your time carefully scrutinizing each object. Make sure you have enough Silver Keys to purchase something from here!

*Note: The first form shown is to make purchases from the Inventory. The second form shown is for using those items you have bought/received from the Dark Room or Outdoor Maze.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
These small beakers are filled with a strange luminescent liquid.
They look interesting, how do they work?
These will change the color of your creature...somewhere.
They can be mixed together to form other colors.

Liquid C
5 Silver Keys each

It's a small, blue key that catches the light when you tilt it.
What does it possibly unlock?
You need one of these for a custom-made experiment.
Platinum Key
50 Silver Keys each

It's a small, golden key that catches the light when you tilt it.
What does it possibly unlock?
You need one of these for access to the Outdoor Maze.
3 uses; then it breaks and you need another one.

Golden Key
15 Silver Keys each

It looks suspiciously like Mountain Dew in a test tube...
This allows you to breed two of the same species together.
Mythanine
20 Silver Keys each

Code: Select all
[color=#00BFFF][b]LABORATORY LOG-IN[/b]
[b]> USERNAME:[/b]
[b]> ITEM(S):[/b]
[b]> COST OF PURCHASE:[/b][/color]

LABORATORY LOG-IN
> USERNAME: spinachcube
> ITEM(S): 1x Green Liquid C, 1x White Liquid C
> ACTIONS(S): Pour both on the Noshpup
> CREATURE USING IT ON: [link to the creature here]

[b]> ITEM(S):[/b]
[b]> COST OF PURCHASE:[/b][/color]
Last edited by spinachcube on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:22 am, edited 8 times in total.
spinachcube

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Laboratory [Dark Room]

Postby spinachcube » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 am

closed for rebuilding purposes

Wandering around the halls aimlessly, you soon come across a room with a large red 'X' painted on its front. Obviously, to explore, you're gonna need to ignore it...right? You've gotten through cleaning the Laboratory and that rat infestation (that you're pretty sure weren't actually rats) so this doesn't look too bad.

Carefully pushing the door open, your hand pats around before you find a lever, and push down. No lights come on, and you try again, but there seems to be something wrong. With a shrug, you turn to leave, but not before your foot collides with something, and you give a squeak and jump backwards.

CHOOSE A NUMBER
Between 1-20

Rules:
    > You can only choose one number every week.
    > Going to the Dark Room is free of charge!
    > You will receive an item or a special creature.
    > Random.org will decide what you get.
    > Please use the form provided.

LABORATORY LOG-IN
> NUMBER: 8

[b]> NUMBER:[/b][/color]

NOT AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT!
Last edited by spinachcube on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
spinachcube

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Laboratory [Outdoor Maze]

Postby spinachcube » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 am

closed for rebuilding purposes

Outside the Laboratory is a big maze that's filled with junk. Weeds are growing everywhere, and you stare at it in disgust. It seems interesting enough, though, mostly because there might be a hidden treasure somewhere, and at the thought of it, you get excited. Maybe cleaning the maze would warrant in a surprise that you won't be expecting, maybe even a new experiment or two! With that thought humming in your mind, you happily throw on a pair or rubber gloves, arm yourself with a rake and some pesticide, then get to work.

*Note: Every month the places will change due to the 'cleaning' of it, so they may be slightly upgraded, which means more creatures! If this generates enough interest, that is.

AREAS TO EXPLORE
> Weed Garden
> Broken Fountain
> Row of Pine Trees
> Wilted Strawberries

Rules:
    > You need a Golden Key to go to the Maze.
    > You can only visit once a day.
    > Getting something when around here is guaranteed.
    > Who knows, maybe you'll find a completely new species?
    > This is also where events will be held; during that time you will not need a Golden Key.

LABORATORY LOG-IN
> MAZE AREA: Row of Pine Trees
> ACTION: Look behind the trees!

[b]> MAZE AREA:[/b]
[b]> ACTION:[/b] [/color]
Last edited by spinachcube on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spinachcube

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me