Northern Stars - The Original Pixel Boxes - REVAMPING

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

NEW POLL

YES
71%
YES
29%

Total votes : 249

Northern Stars - The Original Pixel Boxes - REVAMPING

Postby Shy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:01 pm

• • • •

Please note this isn't a SIM game. It's an Interactive Wolf Pack (:

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=235539][img]http://i36.tinypic.com/352rn1z.png[/img][/url]

Growth Stages: Overall, there are three linearts. Two of which are almost the same (only separated by small differences), and then there is the pup stage.

Pup Phase: You will only get this stage in your box if you have had a breeding session. Each breeding session produces one pup that is a (A) random mixture of the mother and father, or (B) a pup that inherited a recessive gene, causing it to look unlike its mother and father in some way. There will be a 1/3 chance of getting (B), and a 2/3 chance of getting (A). At this stage, the pup's gender will be undetermined. The pup will grow into an adult 3-4 real-time days after it first appears in the box, and its gender will be known.

Adult Female Phase: Quite obviously, this is what the pup will turn into if it becomes female. The female may look exactly the same as the male, only it is different in a small way. Notice that it has smaller paws than the male wolf, and is slightly more slender. One the wolf is reaches this phase, it will die at the end of the month unless fed an eternal apple.

Adult Male Phase: When a male pup grows up, it will turn into this phase. Compared to the female version, the male adult wolf has larger paws than the female, and it is slightly bigger at the stomach. Once the wolf reaches this phase, it will pass away at the end of the month just like the female, unless it is fed an eternal apple.

Sick/Wounded Phase: It's the laying down wolf shown to the left. If a wolf is sick/wounded, it will appear as the laying down wolf.

• • • •

Territories: There are four different territories (more to come!) your box can come in. These are the packlands of your wolf pack. They will live there until the end of the month. Overall, you can't do much with the backgrounds unless you purchase the "Terrain Gift Box". All boxes can hold up to 5 adult wolves, or 3 adult wolves and 2 pups. If you have 5 adult wolves and 2 pups, two of the adults will die when the pups grow up.

Top Box: Box #1, also known as "Winterscape Day" is one of the first boxes you can choose from. It is located in the Canadian/Alaskan North, and it comes with a pine tree in the foreground, a river running through the snowy hills, and a flock of birds flying overhead. This box is one of the two default boxes you can have.

2nd Box Down: Box #2, known as "Forest Day" is the second box you can initially choose from. It is located in the Rocky Mountains, and it includes a background of many pine trees, with mountains in the background. In the foreground are three layers of grass.

3rd Box Down: Box #3, known as "Forest Night" is one of the two boxes that you cannot initially choose from. To purchase it, you have to buy a "Terrain Gift Box". The same as Box #2, it is located in the Great Rocky Mountains, shadowed with mountains and a thick forest of trees. It is set in the night though, and it has a field of stars complete with a moon.

Bottom Box: Box #4, known as "Winterscape Night" is the last of the two boxes that you cannot initially choose from. To purchase it, you have to buy a "Terrain Gift Box". The same as Box #1, it is located in the Alaskan/Canadian North, and it has rolling snowy hills, a pine tree, and a river. Being set in nighttime, it has a magnificent Aurora overhead and a glowing moon.

• • • •

Interaction: To the left is an example of what yours might look like, only your wolves will be realistic unlike the ones shown in the box to the left. There are many things that can go wrong in your pack, like a wolf breaking a bone, or having a poor birth. Each wolf's health bar has to be monitored carefully, and sometimes the condition can be so bad that the wolf will die no matter what.

Health Bar: The health bar is one of the most important features in the pack. One day a wolf can be perfectly healthy, and the next it could come down with a chronic illness. If a wolf is improving, you don't have to worry about it. But it a wolf's health is depleting, the only way to keep it from ultimately killing the wolf is to purchase/use a "Health Pack" found in the "Store" section of this thread. You can't breed a wolf with any red in its health bar.

Reading the Health Bar & Acronyms:
COND. = Condition
IMPR. = Improving
NEUT. = Neutral, Not changing
DEPL. = Depleting
CF. = Certain Fate/Dying (Point of no return. Even if a health pack is used, the wolf will still die.)
FH. = Full Health
ESR. = Estimated Span of Recovery
- ~ -
 . = Alpha Female
AM. = Alpha Male
O. = Other Wolves
P. = Pups

Illnesses/Diseases: Really, your wolf can get any sort of illness. But all the illnesses that are currently known will be listed here. Don't be too concerned, Illnesses are quite unlikely.

Poor Birthing. = A condition only the Alpha Female can get. It is caused by a rough birth process, and will continue to deplete her health until she passes away. Can be treated with a Health Pack.
Broken Bone = A broken bone. This can happen to any wolf at any time. Usually the wolf will increasingly get better, but rarely it will require a Health Pack.
Minor Wounds = Usually a cut or gash. Maybe from an accident or a fight. No Health pack required
Serious Wounds = Usually a slice to the bone, gashes, and more. The wolf will be bleeding profusely and will continue to loose blood until a health pack is used!
Starvation = This is totally random. Sometimes if the hunting isn't good enough in the pack, one or two wolves are prone to starvation. Can't be treated with a Health Pack. It is random whether or not the wolf will recover.
Rabies = This typically happens to adult wolves only. The health bar will stay at half-full until a health pack is used, and the longer the wolf is rabid, the more sick the other wolves in the pack will become. Note that rabies can ultimately kill off the whole pack unless the initial rabid wolf is treated.
Deaf = The wolf is deaf, and is more prone to "Broken Bones". Permanent condition that can't be treated.
Blind = The wolf is blind, and is more prone to "Broken Bones". Permanent condition that can't be treated.
Mange = Caused by tiny mites that cling onto the wolf's skin. If your wolf is placed in a winter-themed box, it will be prone to freezing. Can be treated with Health Pack.
Freezing = Only wolves living in the Winterscape box are prone to get this. Your wolf will most likely get Mange before freezing. Freezing can't be treated.
Canine Influenza = In real life, a wolf can get this anywhere, but to make Box #1 and 2 equal, you can only get this in Box #1.
Minor Burns = A minor burn. This doesn't need the aid of a health pack.
Major Burns = An extreme burn. This needs the aid of a health pack, or it will kill the wolf.
Hair Loss = Permanent condition that is hereditary, and will be passed down for three generations.

MODERATOR APPLICATIONS
Want to be a moderator and join our lovely moderation team? Well, I'll only be accepting ONE more person for the rest of 2011, so here's your chance.

Requirements? I have some for you.
-You've been on CS since 2008 or November (or earlier) of 2009.
-You're Mature.
-It is a plus if I've been friends with you for a while but not necessary.
-You posted on this thread sometime when the thread was still relatively new. (I can check...)
-You have an account.

If you can't figure out this application then you probably shouldn't be applying in the first place...

Please bold, italicize, colorize, (or anything else) the areas that you fill in (;
Hey. I'm Shy. And your username is? [b]TYPE HERE[/b]. That's nice. So I see that you're applying to be a moderator. What makes you believe that you qualify for this position? [b]TYPE HERE[/b]. Okay, do you meet all the requirements? [b]TYPE HERE[/b]. Are you sure? You should really check twice just to be on the safe side. [b]TYPE HERE[/b]. Alright then, do you have any previous moderation experience? If so, where? [b]TYPE HERE[/b]. What's your opinion on the current moderation team and what do you think you can do to fit in with what they do? [b]TYPE HERE[/b]. Tell me something interesting about you, just because this application isn't completely formal. [b]TYPE HERE[/b]. Is there anything else you'd like me to know? [b]TYPE HERE[/b]

I've received enough applications. Winner will be announced with the new revamp.
Last edited by Shy on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:25 am, edited 30 times in total.
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Northern Stars - - Interactive Pixel Wolf Pack

Postby Shy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:01 pm

• • • •

Store

A Gene: 60 Pts. or 30 NSC. •• Can be injected into a female wolf to make it so all of her offspring receive "A Gene" instead of it being random. Good for the rest of the female's lifetime. Only for use on one female.

B Gene: 80 Pts. or 40 NSC. Can be injected into a female wolf to make it so all of her offspring receive "B Gene" instead of it being random. Good for the rest of the female's lifetime. Only for use on one female.

Custom Pencil: 150 NSC. •• Buy a Custom Pencil and add 2 items to a wolf of your choice. One use.

Certificate: 150 Pts. or 95 NSC. •• A certificate can be used on any pup, and you will be able to choose the gender of it when it grows into an adult. Can be used twice.

Eternal Apple: 150 Pts. or 85 NSC •• Makes one wolf of your choice live forever, illness free. (That means that it will continue to be in your box even at the end of the month.) One use. To clarify even more, the wolf you choose will live illness-free for the entire month-span, and at the end of the month when your box is no longer active, the wolf won't be "deleted". One use.

Custom Wolf Box: 200 NSC. •• Add another wolf into your box, and customize what it looks like (Items not included). One Use.

Custom Background Box: 100 Pts. or 75 NSC. •• Change the setting your background is. You can choose between all four of the backgrounds, instead of just the two initial backgrounds. This also enables you to add one background accessory. (Plant, Rock, etc). One Use.

Teal Heart: 100 Pts. or 50 NSC. •• Add another wolf to your box of a default color. One Use

Health Pack: 50 Pts. or 35 NSC. •• Heal your wolf of an illness. Use for one time.

5x Health Pack: 200 Pts. or 100 NSC •• A Health Pack that can be used 5 times. (Saves you 50 Pts. as compared to buying 5 health packs)

• • • •

Buy Points and/or Northern Stars Coins

**Note, there are no refunds. Buy at your own risk. If there is an occurrence where Northern Stars temporarily shuts down, you may or may not be compensated. Please be aware of this.

Only Wolves and Dogs are accepted to buy Points and NSW. No Rats, Butterfly wolves, etc.

1 Common Wolf/Dog = 20 Points
1 Uncommon Wolf/Dog = 50 Points
1 Rare Wolf/Dog = 200 Points
1 VR Wolf/Dog = 5,000 Points or 500 NSC

1 Common Wishlist Pet = 20 NSC
1 Uncommon Wishlist Pet = 50 NSC
1 Rare Wishlist Pet = 200 NSC
1 VR Wishlist Pet = 750 NSC

CS Store Pet = 500 NSC
CS Store Items = 25 NSC Per Item
CS Non-Store Items = 20 NSC Per Item

I'm kind of picky about non-store items...

*NEW! = Wigs are 50 NSC a piece <3

To buy, send me a trade offering the pets, and make sure to tell me how many points you are buying. They will be added to your 'Account' to make sure no points are lost (:

• • • •

Accounts

Username | Box | Points | NSC | Already Purchased Items

Thread Admin

Shy

Thread Mods
Make a salary of 100 NSC a month for keeping the threat argument-free, on-topic, spam-free, and enjoyable <33

Lennie~ | http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... ireCat.png | 250 | 415 | Image

Vala | http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/CSSHY/Vala.png | 200 | 425 | Image

Ninjutsu | http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... njutsu.png | 0 | 665 | ImageImage

Other Members

~Rainwolf~ | http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... inwolf.png | 70 | 50 | None

Tris | http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/CSSHY/Tris.png | 0 | 875 | Image(x4)

Allstar~Converse | http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... nverse.png | 100 | 150 | Image (x4)

blacklonewolf | N/A | 0 | 65 | Image(x2)

Xrae | N/A | 150 | 0 | None

rivalette | N/A | 150 | 0 | None

Dreamy-ness | N/A | 0 | 500 | None

Patches101 | N/A | 200 | 0 | None

Kenziemoo | N/A | 0 | 0 | None

oakdenugg | http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... kdenug.png | 210 | 50 | Image Image

Cap'n Kenna | http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... nKenna.png | 0 | 160 | None

Houndoomlover | http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... mlover.png | 0 | 0 | None

varoujan | March | 0 | 0 | None

Snowstar1 | March | 0 | 0 | None

Jelli | April | 0 | 0 | None

Zen | April | 0 | 0 | None

Taiyo | April | 0 | 0 | None

BocceF | April | 0 | 0 | None

coseylion | April | 0 | 0 | None

INACTIVE ACCOUNTS WITH NO NSC, POINTS, OR ITEMS HAVE BEEN DELETED AS OF FEBRUARY 28TH
Last edited by Shy on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 82 times in total.
`
`

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:38 pm

• • • •

Rules

DO NOT take these off of CS
DO NOT trace/re-create these
DO NOT claim that you drew these
DO NOT remove my signature
DO NOT beg
DO NOT try to cheat, your box will be deleted
DO NOT spam the thread, your box will be deleted
DO NOT post when you are on the blacklist.
Ninjutsu wrote:Guys, please no pity parties on here. It's really getting old.
"I've been waiting so long." and "I can't believe I missed it! *Cries*." Are spam and clog up the thread. If you want to complain about how you didn't get a box at least do it like;
"Darn, I didn't get it, maybe next time. ^^"
Be a good sport about it. <3

DO have fun, play by the rules, and don't cheat

• • • •

Other Important Information

The waiting list for a particular month will be created at the beginning of the month, and the box will become inactive (nothing will happen, and all the wolves that don't have an eternal apple will vanish). If you want, you may choose to submit the renewal form, and re-activate your box.
No matter what, at the end of the month your background will always stay the same unless you want to change it for some reason.
Only the Alpha Female and Alpha Male are allowed to have offspring, as in a real wolf pack.
When you sign up, you don't get to choose the Initial color of your alphas. Don't worry, they will represent the coloration of a real wolf, and won't look terrible. If you use a teal heart to add another wolf, it will default to a real wolf color as well. The only occurrence where you may have a wolf custom is if you buy a "Custom Wolf Box"

BLACKLIST.

I didn't want to do it. But from now on, anyone who posts their form when slots are closed gets on here, forever. No ands/ifs/buts.

Flicka: Posting when slots are closed, Disobeying Rules, Being just an overall pain...
Last edited by Shy on Mon May 02, 2011 8:55 am, edited 9 times in total.
`
`

Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:05 pm

• • • •

Forms & Joining

5 Slots per month MAX

ALL MINI-MODS GET THEIR BOXES EVERY MONTH (:

March
Slot 1: oakdenugg
Slot 2: Cap'n Kenna
Slot 3: Houndoom
Slot 4: varoujan
Slot 5: Snowstar1

April
Slot 1: Jelli
Slot 2: Zen
Slot 3: Taiyo
Slot 4: BocceF
Slot 5: coseylion

To join, submit this form

[b]Username: [/b]
[b]Month you wish to have your pack: [/b]
[b]Initial Alpha Female Name: [/b]
[b]Initial Alpha Male Name: [/b]
[b]Background Image: [/b]
--Only fill out below here if you want to purchase Points or NSC when you initially join--
[b]Would you like to initially buy Points or NSC?: [/b]
[b]If so, what pets are you offering?: [/b]
[b]If so, how many points/NSC are you wanting?: [/b]

To RENEW YOUR BOX, submit this form

[b]Month you wish to renew your pack: [/b]
[b]New Initial Alpha Female Name: [/b]
[b]New Initial Alpha Male Name: [/b]
--Only fill out below here if you want to purchase Points or NSC when you initially renew--
[b]Would you like to initially buy Points or NSC when you renew?: [/b]
[b]If so, what pets are you offering?: [/b]
[b]If so, how many points/NSC are you wanting?: [/b]
--When you renew your box, you get a free health pack--

To add points to your account, submit this form

[b]What pets are you offering?: [/b]
[b]How many points/NSC are you wanting?: [/b]

To purchase an item using your Points or NSC, fill this out

[b]Number of NSC You want to Use: [/b]
[b]Number of Points You want to Use: [/b]
[b]Item/s you want to buy: [/b]

If you changed your username between the time you signed up and now, please submit this form so I can be sure to change the name to avoid confusion.

[b]Old Username: [/b]
[b]New Username: [/b]

To breed your alphas, submit this form

[b]Alpha Female Name: [/b]
[b]Alpha Male Name: [/b]
[b]Use Gene Shot? (Only if you have one): [/b]

To add another wolf using a Teal Heart, fill out this form.

[b]New Wolf's Name: [/b]

To add another wolf using a Custom Wolf Box, fill out this form.

[b]New Wolf's Name: [/b]
[b]New Wolf's Appearance: [/b]

To use a Gene Shot on your Alpha Female, fill out this form.

[b]Alpha Female's Name: [/b]
[b]Shot A or B (You Must already own the shot): [/b]
[b]Are you aware that this is permanent, and can't be undone?: [/b]

To use a Custom Pencil, fill out this form.

[b]Item 1: [/b]
[b]Item 2: [/b]

To use a Certificate, fill out this form.

[b]Which Pup are you using this on?: [/b]
[b]What gender do you want your pup?: [/b]
[b]Is this your first or second time using a Certificate?: [/b]

To feed a wolf an Eternal Apple, fill out this form.

[b]Wolf that you want to feed Eternal Apple: [/b]

To use a Custom Wolf Box/Custom Background Box, fill out this form.

[b]Custom Wolf Box [CWB] or Custom Background Box? [CBB]: [/b]
[b]If CWB, What do you want the new Wolf's name to be?: [/b]
[b]If CWB, What do you want the new Wolf's gender to be?: [/b]
[b]If CWB, What do you want the new Wolf's appearance to be?: [/b]
[b]If CWB, Do you want this new Wolf to replace a current Alpha/Alpha Female?: [/b]
---
[b]If CBB, What do you want the new Background choice to be?: [/b]
[b]If CBB, Do you want to add any additional items to your background? (2 Max) (Keep it Simple): [/b]
[b]If CBB, Do you want a completely custom background? (Not a default background) (This will cost you an extra 100 NSC): [/b]

If you want to use a Health Pack or 5x Health pack, submit this form.

[b]Wolf you want to use it on: [/b]
[b]Is it a normal Health Pack or a 5x Health Pack?: [/b]
[b]If it's a 5x Health pack, have you used it before?: [/b]

Submit this form if you have an INTRUDER in your packlands.

[b]Do you want to keep or kill the intruder?: [/b]
[b]If you want to keep the intruder, what do you want its new name to be?: [/b]
[b]Are you sure?: [/b]

Submit this form if you have a Newborn Puppy in your packlands.

[b]Puppy's Name: [/b]
[b]Use Certificate?: [/b]
[b]If you want to use a Certificate, What gender?: [/b]
Last edited by Shy on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 am, edited 36 times in total.
`
`

Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Northern Stars - - Interactive Pixel Wolf Pack- OPEN

Postby Shy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Also give your wonderful support to...

Last edited by Shy on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
`
`

Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kagi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Username: Ninjutsu
Month you wish to have your pack: August? :3
Initial Alpha Female Name: Harvest
Initial Alpha Male Name: Tamashii
--Only fill out below here if you want to purchase Points or NSC when you initially join--
Would you like to initially buy Points or NSC?:
If so, what pets are you offering?:
If so, how many points/NSC are you wanting?:

Question: How many points/NSC are not-yet purchased store items/pets worth?
Hey everyone! I'm not really active on Chickensmoothie anymore. If you ever want/need to contact me I'm on Deviantart as KeyDemon or Flightrising as Clovers.
Thanks. :') I still miss this site sometimes!
Kagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Accepted ^^;

And for your question:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=235539#p6004406

The point/NSC value is listed right next to the item :3
`
`

Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:41 pm

&& I forgot to include this in the form, what background number would you like? #1 or #2?
`
`

Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kagi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Shy wrote:Accepted ^^;

And for your question:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=235539#p6004406

The point/NSC value is listed right next to the item :3

No no. xD;; I mean CS store items and stuff. Unless you don't accept those. x3
Oh and background # 2, please. :3
Hey everyone! I'm not really active on Chickensmoothie anymore. If you ever want/need to contact me I'm on Deviantart as KeyDemon or Flightrising as Clovers.
Thanks. :') I still miss this site sometimes!
Kagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Oh :3
I accept CS Items too I'll add them in a minute ^^
edit: added ^^
`
`

Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me