:: Wild Mountain Equid Interactive Sim :: OPEN!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

:: Wild Mountain Equid Interactive Sim :: OPEN!

Postby Oddly Shaded » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:27 pm

Welcome!

Welcome to the Wild Mountain Equid (WME) Interactive Sim! Wild Mountain Equids are a species of Equine created by the amazing horsy1050 on the 24th October 2011. The species has grown to amazing levels of amazingness and so, we open the first of it's kind in the WME genre. An interactive sim. The idea of an interactive sim came from an the first popular horse sim on Chicken Smoothie. Also opened by the glorious horsy1050 in July 2010 called H10 Interactive Stables. This sim evolved to have 5 generations (new threads) before dying out with lack of active players.

News!

28th February 2014 wrote:The Sim officially allows wild equids to join. Enjoy guys!

19th February 2014 wrote:The Sim OPENS!

Staff!

My handy helpers and staff!

Sim Founder
Oddly

Species Founder
horsy1050

Moderators
[img]Link[/img]
-- b e n j I
Shattered Beazt

Archivist
(Closed - oddly gonna
try to do it herself >.>)

Helpers
OPEN! PM Oddly

Handy Links!
~Links for WME's Species~
Official WME Adoption Center
Official WME Information Center
Official WME Breeding Center
Official WME Fan Club

~Links for WME's Sim~
Stables & Pastures
Club Competition Grounds
Challenge Week
The Store
Sim Fanclub

Rules!

READ THESE RULES AS IT IS IMPERITIVE FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND HOW EVERYTHING IS RUN HERE!
General Posting Rules

1. Tess' Normal General Rules
2. All Species Rules put in place by horsy1050 found HERE
3. Please DO NOT - Spam, double post, Argue, Fight or specifically cause trouble.
4. Please DO - Ask questions, board your DOMESTIC EQUIDS on the Sim, and join in!

Specific Boarding Rules

5. You MUST own a WME to be able to board here. If you do not, please go to our handy links above and find the adoption center where you can try your luck to adopt one.
6. Your equid MUST be domestic or Semi-domestic can join whether it is wild or domestic. Equids that are wild but DO NOT roleplay are now welcome to join.
7. You MUST be active here or myself or staff will contact you. If you do not post in 2 months we will contact, if you do not reply in 2 weeks you will be removed from the sim and you will have to start again if you want to.

Boarding & Stables Information

Please note the boarding form in at the end of the post. But you must read all information to be sure you understand how we roll.

Boarding your equid with us creates an account in which you receive 5 pastures which can hold ONE equid each pasture only. There are multiple pastures for Stallions/Gelding, Mares and foals as well. You are even able to buy your own Stable to organize your equids and offer boarding for other users. To board with us, you will need to fill out the form below, but make sure to read through the ENTIRE front page before you start!

Things to know before you fill out the form:
Foundation equids (equids that have not been bred) Should have the bloodline of Unknown X Unknown or simply "Foundation"
Competition winnings will be placed in each Stables Competition Box, OR on the Club Trophy box if your equid lives in the pastures.

Note: Pastures cost 5 credits to buy and your equid only starts with 50 points.

Stables cost 30 credits and allow you to have 20 stalls. You can allow other users to board at your stable for free or for credits. These stables have some cool features for you to enjoy too!

- Allow you to board as many equids in your own stable as you want
- Allow you to open boarding for others
- Stalls only cost 3 credits if you own a stable
- Staff are given a stable (20 stalls) for their commitment to helping the thread.
- You can not only just Name your Stables, but also give your barn a description!
- You can add an image of your stable & have 4 facility links!

Breeding!

In order to breed two equids you must first go to the Official WME breeding topic and catch a slot from our of the official WME breeding artists.

But things you can do here which involve breeding is;

- Organize breedings
- Gain credits for breeding your equid
- Offer your equid for breedings
- Board your foal instantly after creation

Credits!

Credits are a term for the currency we use here!

How to earn credits:

- When you first join us you receive starting credit of 50 credits - use it wisely!!
- You get 5 Credits each week free (Every Wednesday)
- Putting your equid up for breeding (Coverings can be free or cost up to 15 credits or anywhere in between).
- Winning fortnightly competitions (1st=10 credits, 2nd=8 credits, 3rd=5 credits, 4th=4 credits, 5th=1 credit)
- Opening your stables for boarding to other players for credits
- Receiving gifts from other players

What can I buy with credits?

- New pasture - 5 credits
- Covering from a stallion (if credits are charged)
- Training - 1 credit for 5 points in one area >> see skills section
- A private stables (20 Stalls) - 30 credits >> see boarding section above

Equid Aging

For this sim all equids are aged as follows:
Months old (ie. 29) Divided by 2 equals the official age on the sim.
If the age is 14.5 for example, then it would be the younger side of that age.
For example; Sastella was created in October 2011 and is 14 years old. 29 % 2 = 14 years old.

This aging needs to be done for each of your equids upon boarding. New foundation equids are to be 3 years old when boarding (or older) and can stay that age until they are actually that age from the above aging.

FOALS on the sim CANNOT breed until they are 3 years old. You may breed outside the sim in correlation with horsy1050's WME rules.

Boarding Form

Code: Select all
[center][b]Owner's name:[/b]
[b]Equids Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Behaviour:[/b]
[b]Strength:[/b]
[b]Stamina:[/b]
[b]Jumping:[/b]
[b]Dressage:[/b]
[b]Beauty:[/b]
[b]Agility:[/b]
[b]Collection:[/b]
[b]Breeding status:[/b]
[b]Bloodline:[/b]
[b]Competitions:[/b]
[b]Image:[/b] [url=*Link to page*]Adoption Page[/url]
[img]*Original Image of Equid*[/img][/center]

EXAMPLE FORM
Here is an example form for you to show you what you need to do.

Oddly Shaded wrote:Owner's name: Oddly Shaded
Equids Name: Sastella
Height: 12.3hh
Behaviour: 10
Strength: 0
Stamina: 0
Jumping: 0
Dressage: 10
Beauty: 15
Agility: 0
Collection: 15
Breeding status: Open for 1 breeding slot
Bloodline: Foundation
Competitions: Inhand Halter Class & Inhand Dressage
Image: Adoption Page

Please note; if you have any issues, contact me! Im happy to help. You are welcome to post questions on this page as well. & Don't be afraid to ask.
Last edited by Oddly Shaded on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 39 times in total.
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Skills & Training

Postby Oddly Shaded » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:27 pm

Skills

We have many skills that you can train your equids to compete in for different events!

These skills are listed below;

Behaviour
Strength
Stamina
Jumping
Dressage
Agility
Beauty
Collection

These skills determine how well you compete!

Competition

Majority of these shows are INHAND LED SHOWS - due to equids being an unridable species.

Inhand Classes

- Inhand Halter Class
    = Behaviour, Beauty, Dressage, Collection
- Inhand Show Jumping
    = Agility, Jumping, Strength, Behaviour
- Inhand Dressage
    = Behaviour, Beauty, Dressage, Collection
- Inhand Games (Gymkhana)
    = Strength, Stamina, Agility, Jumping

Harness Classes

- Harness
    = Strength, Stamina
- Harness Dressage
    = Strength, Stamina, Beauty, Dressage
- Harness Games (Gymkhana)
    = Strength, Stamina, Agility

All-rounder Classes

- All-rounder equids are to be trained in all areas and can compete in 4 shows each fortnight.

Note: You can only enter 2 shows unless you choose for your equid to be an all-rounder.

Championship

Championships are for equids with a certain amount of show points (Currently 15sp). If your equid reaches the monthly show point amount then it will automatically go into the championships. Show points (sp) is the total credits each equid has won for you (ie. 1st = 10sp). There will be three parts of Champion ships;

Part 1 Dressage
    Horses from Inhand Dressage & Inhand Halter Class
Part 2 = Games
    Equids from Inhand Jumping, Inhand Games & Harness Games
Part 3 = Harness
    Equids from Harness & Harness Dressage

Championships have champion (gold), reserve champion (silver) and runner up (Bronze). This is run the same way as normal competitions, just - for the qualifying equids. Prize credits is - Gold = 20 credits - Silver = 15 credits - Bronze = 10 credits - & qualifying equids (no matter their ranking) receive 5 credits for qualifying :)

Training

Training only happens once a fortnight (twice a month) on alternate weeks to competitions. Training costs 1 credit for 5 points in one area only.
For example, Sastella trains for inhand halter class & dressage. She has 50 points spread like so: Behaviour - 10 points | Dressage - 10 points | Beauty - 15 points | Collection - 15 points. I want to train with 2 credits, 1 credit (5 points) for Behaviour, and 1 credit (5 points) for dressage.

These points are added to the totals each training week in order for you to dominate with your equids!

Training Form & Run through

Here is the form you must post in order to train each equid. If you are training Multiple equids you must post multiple forms.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Equids Name:[/b]
[b]How many Credits:[/b]
[b]Which areas?:[/b]

Now let me explain the form for you.

Username: Obviously where your fabulous name goes.
Equids Name: The position where you will strategically place your equids name.
How many Credits: How many credits you would like to spend on training (Please remember how many credits you HAVE to train with!)
Which areas?: The tricky part, so keep your eyes open. You must write the skill sections in which you would like to train here with a little (in bit) like that. Now not forgetting that 1 credits gives 5 points, you are to post here like so;
Ie. Strength (20 points), Stamina (10 points), Beauty (15 points), Etc etc.
This may be confusing but once you understand the concept you should be fine. I will give you a full example below as if I were buying points.

Username: Oddly Shaded
Equids Name: Sastella
How many Credits: 20 credits (equivalent to 100 points)
Which areas?: Behaviour (25 points), Beauty (25 points), Dressage (25 points) & Collection (25 points).

NOTE: You can put the points in the skill area's at uneven numbers, as long as the credits pay for the correct amount of points going into the separate sections.
Last edited by Oddly Shaded on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ Post

Postby Oddly Shaded » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:51 pm

Frequently Asked Questions

I've said this before, but i'll say it again. I am very used to interactive sims on CS. So if you don't get something PLEASE message me, ask me about it! I will add all the frequently asked questions right here so that everyone can understand the deal <3

Will it cost credits to enter competitions? Like having an entry fee?

No, it doesn't cost anything to enter shows unless they are special events, which currently are not running.

So you can only train your equid once every two weeks? And there are shows every 2 weeks? So like
Month A:
Week 1: Training week
Week 2: Competition week
Week 3: Training week
Week 4: Competition week

What constitutes a competition? Is it based on skill points? Story? Art?

So, part 1; Training
You can train as many times as you want during TRAINING week. Which is the first & third weeks of the month as above. You can train your equids during these 2 training weeks as many times as you can provided you have credits.

Part 2; Competitions
yes, competitions are every alternating week with training. A competition is based on skill points. We find the winner by doing a rather long process (but it ensures that everything is very fair) which you can view right here; CLICK. We may eventually hold mini competitions which are art and story based for fun every now and again so keep your eyes peeled!

Is the credits for a pasture/stall a reoccurring payment, like is it paid once per week/month? Or is it only a one time fee?

You pay the small fee once overall and then that is your stall/pasture forever :)

So we can make one of our equids Domestic as long as its not in a wild roleplay?

Bingo! Yeah, as long as your equid does not participate in a wild roleplay then they are welcome to join. :)

1. Do we start out with any certain amount of credits?
2. Is there a form to apply for our own stable?
3. If we have our own stable, can we kick boarders out and make them board somewhere else?
4. When I adopted an Equid I made his age 4, so would his age in the sim be 4?
5. If we so-called caught a Wild Equid( Adopted) shouldn't we have to train it to even let us touch it or let alone leading? ( I trained my own Wild Mustang an broke him in about 4 months riding an all)

1. You start with 50 credits which should be stated on the front page but I forgot... >.>
2. You do not need to apply for your own stable, all you need to do is send me a PM and ask for one as long as you have 30 credits (the cost of buying a stable)
3. I do not recommend doing so and if you do wish to kick out boarders, you are to give a full refund. Though if they wish to leave on their own accord then no refund is to be given :)
4. When you board here, if you equid is a new (Younger than 3 months) foundation (1st gen) then you may choose his start age (preferably 3).
5. There is that factor to it, but I decided not to add this because it then becomes a lot more work for me, and a little more confusing to everyone in the sim.

I noticed I have __ credits. So can I use those on my equids to make their stats higher? For example raise stamina, beauty, etc?

If you read up the 'Training' section, that is how you can spend your credits and turn them into skill points to raise your equids stats.

1. To what extent can we customise the barn?

2. Can we change the boarding price?

3. Can we offer incentives to persuade people to board with us?

4. Why would people board with a barn, are there any bonuses?

5. Can we later buy more stalls?

6. Could we make the fee weekly/monthly rather than a one of payment?

1. You can customize the barn's images(including divider), name, and description. This is just so that I am able to easily update it.

2. You are certainly able to change the board price but I wouldn't suggest going higher than 5 credits.

3. I've had people ask about this before and it's a strong no right now. Not unless it doesn't involve me what so ever. (ie. you offer free art or something)

4. When people reach the limit of their 5th stall - they have to fork out 5 credits for a new pasture. That is the whole reason behind opening boarding. But usually Stables are just for that user's equids in order to keep them organized and not have to worry about going "oh one mare is here, and my stallion is over there and then the foal is right down the bottom".

5. You can definitely by more stalls. but each stall costs an extra 5 credits each time you buy a new one.

6. I am not allowing this because users can just buy a pasture for 5c which is a one time fee, rather than having to worry about constantly paying agistment.
Last edited by Oddly Shaded on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: :: Domestic WME Interactive Sim :: HARD HAT ZONE

Postby Oddly Shaded » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:52 pm

Posting is open!

The boarding form will be posted once details are sorted and the competition post & Pastures/Stables thread is all complete.

But you are welcome to ask questions and let me know if issues which have appeared to you on the main page. :) Like I said. We're working out the kinks!
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyofbee » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Was horrified as I didn't think I had any domesticated quids...
Then realised I actually DO and Eros would follow her to the end of the Earth <3
SO KEEN!
skyofbee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddly Shaded » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:25 pm

Haha, that's why I am allowing 'recently domesticated'. So that people have the option to bring them to domestication. I'd just like to be sure that it is somewhat realistic and they're not domesticated here but in the roleplay they're completely wild... But considering all of my equids have been deemed 'domestic' I am fine XD
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddly Shaded » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Ok, heres the thing;

If you DO NOT roleplay your equids as wild, they are welcome to join the sim.

I want this to come off rather realistic so as in anyone roleplaying an equid as wild, cannot join that equid to the sim as domestic. Because I'd love everyone to be able to join but still have that, i'll allow 'Semi-domestic' so wild, but not roleplaying wild are allowed to join the as 'semi-domestic'.

I don't want it to be unfair to you guys because I really want everyone to join and have fun and yeah! SO i'll update the info for this alright. Because I love you guys a lot :)

From the fanclub
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: :: Domestic WME Interactive Sim :: OPEN!

Postby AustrianAce » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:40 pm

Marking as I may join when I get the chance <3
AustrianAce | She/her | Aspiring Veterinarian | Alpine Aces Kennels
ImageImage

AustrianAce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Okay so I'll join with 1 equid for now, see if I like this.

So do I just fill out the boarding form? Or...? I was a bit confused since it said the form wouldn't be released yet.... ^3^' I'm still a bit confused about a lot of things, really. xD

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddly Shaded » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:26 pm

The Mean Kitty wrote:Okay so I'll join with 1 equid for now, see if I like this.

So do I just fill out the boarding form? Or...? I was a bit confused since it said the form wouldn't be released yet.... ^3^' I'm still a bit confused about a lot of things, really. xD

Sorry, I forgot to remove the little releasing bit. If you want, send me a message with a bunch of questions you have and i'll make a FAQ. This goes for everyone btw :)
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me