☆☆ Altheren ☆☆ ~owo~

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

☆☆ Altheren ☆☆ ~owo~

Postby Iridien » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Post if you want, but it's under extreme construction!

Still (really, really, really) under construction.

Also looking for any suggestions as stuff goes up! x3 Completely open to changing stuff--these guys are my first adoptables.

~

Altheren

You spy a feather out of the corner of your eye and pounce, trapping it between your hands. It doesn't feel soft like a feather, in fact, it's burning! You quickly drop it, and a tiny, dazed creature stares back up at you, terrified. You've found an Alther.
Last edited by Iridien on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Iridien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☆☆ Altheren ☆☆ ~NO POSTING~

Postby Iridien » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Stages of Life

Image ---> Image

Immediately after adoption the feather begins to burn in the new owner's hand, releasing the Altheren.
Last edited by Iridien on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Iridien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iridien » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Monthly Free Raffle!

There's a free raffle every month. Generally the entire year follows a single theme. Once this raffle is open you will be able to post once claiming a free ticket!~ At the end of the month I'll use random.org to choose a winner on a join.me and one lucky person will be the new owner of the Alther for that month.

Sometimes there might be random raffles posted here for holidays and random newbie events. >w<
Last edited by Iridien on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Iridien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iridien » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Wayfaring Feathers

How to claim

For a normal claim there's generally a posted time that it will go up at. Make sure you have your time zones correct! I use PST. There's a time converter HERE. At the posted time you should send a trade with the correct payment (listed under the pet) with a message stating "Lot #xxxxx". Replace the x's with the lot number of the desired pet. After you send the trade, post on the thread so people know you already sent a trade. I honor the first trade I get that follows all instructions. I'll update the first post and confirm that you got the pet. I will accept the trade and update the owner list.

For an edited claim, the instructions are entirely the same except that there is no time to wait for and that you MUST send the pet shown as payment. First to trade gets it.

Lot #1 wrote:Image
Claimed

Lot #TEST 2 wrote:Image
Type: Edited Claim
Price: insert specific pet here.
Last edited by Iridien on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Iridien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iridien » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Breeding

Breeding is not currently available, but it will be soon! x3
Last edited by Iridien on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Iridien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iridien » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Customs

Customs are closed at the moment!
Last edited by Iridien on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Iridien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Owned Altheren
Last edited by Iridien on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iridien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Trading
Last edited by Iridien on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Iridien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ and Information

What are Altheren?
Altheren are tiny animals that emerge from certain feathers. The origins of the feathers are mysterious, but they are always found flying in the wind.

What is the singular form of the word Altheren?
Because it's so rare to find a lone Altheren, the name for the species is grammatically correct for both singular and plural uses.

How do I get an Altheren?
There's quite a few ways to get Altheren! They are generally obtained in the "Wayfaring Feather" post of this thread. Follow all of the instructions in that post and you might just get lucky and catch it! Alternatively, you can try your luck once a month for the free monthly raffle. If you aren't interested in either of those options, you can certainly try to bug a friend to breed an Altheren for you. You can read more about breeding in the breeding post. If none of those options work for you and you have some disposable income, you might want to check out customs and commission me to edit or color you one.

What's an edited Altheren?
An edited Altheren has edits that vary from the base edits. This might mean it has different wings, a scarf, a hat, or anything else! You won't know until it gets claimed.

What's the difference between an "normal claim" and an "edited claim"?
A normal claim generally is cheaper and/or has a broader range of pets you're able to pay with. Normal claims also have a specific time they are active. The Altheren you receive from a normal claim will not have any edits. (See above)
An edited claim generally has a single specific pet it's asking for as payment, however there's no time to wait for.

How do I know what time this normal claim is available in my time?
More info later

What gender is my Altheren?
Altheren do not have genders. You're welcome to call your Altheren by whatever pronoun you so desire, but that won't affect breeding at all.

Are you hiring?
It depends on what you want to do! I'm currently looking for someone to organize this mess of a thread and someone to retype all of the posts with clearer verbage. I know my writing tends to be rather confusing. Payment would be in customs, PM me to discuss this.
If you want to be an artist I am potentially hiring. I'd have to be VERY impressed by your samples to be frank. Don't take it personally if I turn you down, but my inbox is always open if you want to throw samples of character designs you have done and just art in general. If you're shaky on editing, I might hire for just a marking position. Just PM me if you're interested!

I don't like the Altheren I found in my feather--can I sell it?
No, you may not sell Altheren for CS pets. The reason behind this is that I do not want people profiting off of my work and it's almost impossible to decide if you gained or lost pets when you sold the Altheren.
You are, however, allowed to trade your Altheren. Just post in this thread or PM me that you plan on trading it and I'll put it in one of the front posts along with your username. They will PM you and you two can work it out and then just PM me and say you want me to update the owner list and give me the info.
Trading for other adoptables is somewhat iffy, but PM me and we can work it out on a case by case basis. I'm generally cool, and I'm only concerned about you profiting off of my work.

Can I breed my Altheren?
Right this second (how do you already have Altheren?) no, you cannot. Breeding is currently being sorted out. Things will be a bit shaky these first few weeks.

~To be continued~
Last edited by Iridien on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Iridien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iridien » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm

~Claimed for future use~
Last edited by Iridien on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iridien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me