Su Hounds {dogs of the apocalypse} RESULTS

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Su Hounds {dogs of the apocalypse} RESULTS

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:37 am

u n d e r - h i a t u s
Abandon all hope; never again shall we see the light.

Su Hound Army
Su Hound Archive

Available: NO Competitons: NONE Customs: NOT OPEN

News:
15th February 2013
To compensate for a long break, 4 new hounds will be available for adoption within the next few hours!

[size=85]A lengthy black car pulled up to a tall while building. It shined in the late evening moonlight, but it's beauty was overshadowed by the huge white building that stood before it; about thirty steps led up to the builing, and on the outside six tall pillars held up a grand domed roof. A man walked out of the car and was grasped arm-in-arm by two burly men both dressed in tan suits, their faces stern an emotionless. The man they were holding was a skinny old man; he wore round glasses that balanced on his nose and he had messy ginger hair and stubbled that accounted for sleepless nights, though he did not look tired. He looked... eccentric. At the top of the steps masked in the shadows of the building stood a man, he too surrounded by tall men in suits. However, they were not restraining this man, they were stood around him in what looked like a protective circle. As the skinny man was lead up the steps he squinted to try and see into the blackness.

'Oh, g-good evening, Sir.' He murmured, his eyes now wide with concentration. The skinny man had a faint spanish accent but was masked by what sounded like german and english. He shrank back into himself, afraid in the precense of the man in the shadows, who at this moment step forward and gestured to the large men standing around him. 'Away.' He said and with a flick of his wrist, the men slinked away into the night. The small man was released and suddenly it was just the two shadows cast on the steps. 'I have heard about your... experiments.' The taller man spat. He too had an accent, but it was strictly German, maybe Austrian. 'Urm...' the smaller man stuttered. 'Yes, the Hounds.' The taller man finally stood so that his face was dashed with enough moonlight to distinguish. The smaller man shuddered. 'Tell me more.' The taller man commanded.

'Even their mere existence was a huge scientific feat... the best, most famous since the discovery of how to create actual biological life at all. Their sheer size made them strong fast and with an impressive stamina, meaning they should be perfect for most jobs man required.'
'Even warfare?'
'...Potentially...What do you plan to do with them?'
'You will see Doctor, you will see.'

Last edited by MalleusGrey on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am, edited 27 times in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Su Hounds {dogs of the apocalypse}

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:46 am

Su Hounds: A History
Su Hounds: A Guide WIP

Doctor McDonnell wrote:The Su Hounds are about one and a half meters tall at the shoulder, but both males and females can vary in height. Most Hounds are about three meters long, nose tip to tail tip. They have acute hearing, but no sight or sense of smell, meaning that I have developed a kind of 'sonar' where they make a clicking noise which bounces off of objects and back to the Hound, much like animals such as whales, dolphins and bats. It is actually very hard to recreate the sense of sight and smell, don't you know?

Their airways are very simple due to the fact they have no nostrils, so that air is just passed through the gaps in the outer skull and directed straight into the throat. They have a valve over their actual airway however, to stop bacteria from getting in. This also means that they can hold their breath for long amounts of time which makes them excellent swimmers. However, they tend to steer clear of water because they don't like getting their fur wet and they don't like being cold. You'd think that having crocodile DNA in you would make you love water, but no. For some reason they just don't like it.

Oh, that reminds me, in the winter both males and females grow thicker ruffs around their necks, and when females have cubs they grow an even thicker coat to keep their offspring warm. The males -during mating season- will become more vibrant and will flush their scales with blood to make their markings stand out more to attract a mate. Now this is impressive as it is not something that I engineered them to do. Their natural instincts told their bodies to do this which, scientifically, is extraordinary. A female will usually have about two or three cubs per litter and they will stay with their mother until they are six months old, by which time they will be nearly full size.

1-3 Years- Still a baby really.
4-15 Years- Adolescent.
16-30 Years- Officially adult.
30+ Years- Getting on a bit.
40 Years- Hounds usually die by this age.

The creator who originally made up the the first Hound out of a mixture between ancient dinosaur, wolf and alligator cells was the infamous Spanish Entomologist, Howard McDonnell. He was known for his shy nature, and was easy to take advantage of. Hitler wanted McDonnell to name his creations something to honour Hitler himself, 'Su' being the Spanish translation for 'his'. This is a reference to Hitler himself, as one so great that everyone knows his name so that he need only be referred to as 'Him'. Once the disaster took place, the 'Su' was then referred to as the devil himself as one that should never be named again.

These creatures were originally created to protect mankind. To stand at their side and to be loyal. However, when Hitler heard of the great power they could potentially force on the rest of humanity he needed to unlock their secret. He called forward Doctor Howard McDonnell and forced him to tell of their power. McDonnell was permitted his own laboratory, a near limitless budget and as many specimens as he needed to develop his creation, so long as he was loyal to Hitler and Hitler only. Despite the fact that he hated Hitler and his ideas, McDonnell was forced to obey on pain of death. When the Doctor got to work, he bound reptile and mammal DNA to attempt to create his creatures. The way he eventually did achieved this it is not known, but the result was large canines, as tall as cows with lethally sharp teeth and an equally lethal temper. McDonnell, with so little resources in their creation, had canine skulls genetically woven over their skin giving them a chilling, merciless stare.

At first their behaviour was controlled by the German army, but as Hitler grew more and more greedy for power, more and more were created. Their boisterous behaviour became almost impossible to handle, and soon some escaped. Soon as they bred, the animals alone were more powerful than all of Germany's armed men together. They were locked in combat for weeks, but it was the Hounds who won. Soon after Germany's army were defeated, their land turned into a battlefield and their people hidden in fear, there is no authority. When the Hounds had finished with the army and had a taste for blood they hunted the remains of the population. Some moved into Poland, Belguim and France whilst other stayed in Germany and went after Hitler himself. They succeeded an even killed their creator.
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:48 am

To adopt one of these creatures you need to fill out the form below. (NOTE: the subtitles with asterisks * by them are optional, but if filled in they will boost your chances of winning). The best form which looks like it has had the most effort put into it will win that particular Hound. There will be two - four Hounds up for adoption per week, and at the end of that week the forms will be judged and the winner announced. No WIP forms will be judged so make sure you get them finished before the end of the week!

Adoption Form:
Code: Select all
Username:
Which Hound (Hound X):
Why do you want him/her:
Name:
Personality:
History:
Creative Writing*:
Art*:

CLOSING DATE: --------

Hound X wrote:TAKEN BY hornddragon
A rarer hound this time, who was a commission ordered by a rich woman, hence her unusual colours. The woman intended on showing her, but died before the hound's completion which is why she is now up for adoption. This girl is sterile, and will not be able to breed in the future.
Born in: Lab
Rarity: Rare
Taken By: ------
here are all the hounds that either were no longer desired by their owners, misused or did not have any forms for it after over a week of an extended closing date. They will always be up for adoption whether regular adoptions are closed or not, and all you have to do is fill out the form above, like a regular adoption. Please, treat them well as they've already had it rough. c:

Hound IX wrote:TAKEN BY Batman.
As a pup, she was randomly selected to partake in a test; to alter a hound's body to suit work alongside submarines. She was given teeth better suited to catching fish, and her fur cells completely removed and stunted. It was a painful procedure but now she's 'acting up' and needs a home to be looked after in.
Born in: Lab
Rarity: Special
Taken By: ------
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:38 am, edited 23 times in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:49 am

CLOSED

when I say that breeding will be open, each member that owns a Su will be able to apply to be bred with another Su. I will choose a male and a female to breed that will look nice together, (providing both owners agree) and within a few days, between 2 and 5 cubs will be born. The owner of the mother and father will get to choose one of the cubs each to keep for themselves, and the others will be adopted as normal Su Hounds are. The forms for the babies will be judged on creativity of the name and do not require any art or creative writing. all you need to do is give him or her a name! (Genders will be decide by me ^^)

CURRENT CUB(s) FOR ADOPTION:
///

To apply for breeding

Username:
Su Name:
Approx Catagory:

To adopt a cub

Username:
Cub number:
Cub Name:
Reason for name:
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:50 am

CLOSED
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:51 am

Please don't mini-mod unless you are one- otherwise it kind of defeats the whole point of having mini-mods. If you need to ask a question, ask one of the people listed below only.
Fill out the form completely- If you have any questions or don't understand what something means or something is unclear, just ask. You may add sections to the form, but what's already there must be filled in.
Please, be patient- In between new pairs, I may have a lot of things to do besides spend all my time on CS. I have a life and school and won't be able to focus on the Hounds every week.
No complaining- If you complain or whine you will get a strike. This having self pity on yourself because you didn't win what you wanted or being rude to anyone else participating. I don't allow any of that.
Don't use a Hound that you don't own- Kind of obvious, but if you break this rule you will be banned from adopting any more Hounds in the future. It's not worth the hassle guys.
Don't edit your Hound's design- I will have spent time and effort planning and creating this design, and if you do not like it you can give it back and it will be adopted out for someone else to own.
You can only have 3 Hounds- This is so that everyone has the chance of winning at least one Hound. If you have three and would like a different one, you will have to give up one of the ones you already own.

[official 'staff' of it all.]
Universal PhoneBooth - Creator/Artist
Jenn the Psycho - Mini-Mod
pollydogluv - Mini-Mod
DoctorDraca - Guest Artist
Shiko Hayashi - Archivist

[Three strikes is a ban, and if you're banned you cannot undo it unless I say.]
none so far- let's keep it that way please :)
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:53 am

CLOSED

Custom Hounds will enable you to order your own, specially designed Hound. You will be able to have lineart edits, and generally unusual patterns and body types. However, custom slots are not always available. When they are available (and it will say above this paragraph if they are) will cost one 2008 rare/very rare. This is expensive I know, but it is because I have little time on my hands for extra little things like customs. You can also get a custom if you win a competition or just generally special circumstances. Obviously their rarity will be 'rare'. When custom slots are open, post this form below if you'd like one c:

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-

Username:
Hound Description:
History:
Payment:
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:54 am

R.A.W
W.A.F

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o29/Draca_1/SUStamp.png
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:21 am

Hm... I do believe we're open for business. Feel free to post at leisure ^^
╔══════════════╗
@malleushyde on instagram
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Commissions Are Closed
ImageImage

Bequelle's Liontails

-
Brave New World
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fawkes-Rinzler » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:24 am

HOORAY! It's so pretty!!!! Yayayayay!!!!!
Fawkes-Rinzler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me