~Goennec~ Round: Closed

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

~Goennec~ Round: Closed

Postby June Bug » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Goennec

Announcements:
Coming Back!
I've been really busy with life lately. Between Classes, two jobs, a house to keep clean, and animals to care for, I've had almost no free time at all.
I really want to be able to do something with the goennecs, so I'm going to be mixing things up a little bit. For the time being, new rounds will begin and end on the first and third Sundays of each month. If there is a fifth Sunday, then I may put up one of two for that week, or just leave it empty depending on how much time I foresee having.

We have an official RP
Official Goennec RP
you may not create your own RPs for the species, if you wish to RP your Goey, do so on the site

Oh look, Fanclub! Please chat in the fanclub rather than here please. C:

Advertise for us!
Use the code provided to add this image to your signature or topic to guide your friends over! :)
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=118117][IMG]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af174/Kamaliah_Growables/My%20Species/Goennecs/Goennec%20Promos/GoennecPromoSephnis.png[/IMG][/url]

This is the original Goennec, Sephnis, the Pioneer of his species and spokes-goat for them as well.
He is not, nor will he ever be for adoption. He belongs to me.

The species is (C) me, June Bug. No one may claim any part of it as their own creation
I do take color/design suggestions, just post them here
You may not make you own Goennecs! This is rule one. Please don't break it~

Appearance
Goennecs are small creatures, only slightly larger than a newborn fennec at birth and standing only two - two and a half feet when fully grown.
Because of the goat in them, they are stockier than fennecs as well as larger. A female will usually weigh around 40 lbs while a male around 50 lbs, though there are some small males and large females that deviate from the standard. Their weight is due to their muscle mass. While small, they are strong runners, therefore having dense leg and core muscles.
Males are larger than females and have the large curling horns of the bighorn ram. Females also have horns, but like on bighorn ewe.
The two genders both have the same color range. Almost always a natural base with either natural colored markings, or earthy/dull unnaturals. Some may have bright accents.
Most Goennecs are born with two hooves and two Paws paired on the fore and hind. They can be born with all of one foot type, but it is very uncommon. There are a very small few that have diagonal pairs. These are often a result of an activated latent gene from far back in their ancestry.
Each has a 'Mohawk'-like mane of scruffy long fur running from the top of their head all the way down the center of their backs to blend into the fluffy tail. Manes are usually short enough to stick up like zebra manes, but can vary in length. Occasionally there will be a goennec born with either no mane, but this is about as rare as the diagonal foot pairs and has the same cause. Often these goennecs will also be blind or deaf, due to genetic linking complications, and require extra care.

Behavior
Goennecs are omnivores, but behave much more like prey animals, grazing for most of the nutrients in their diet, but supplementing with small rodents, fish, and insects.
They are herd animals and enjoy the company of others, preferably other goennecs, but they are compatible most other friendly species as well. They do not feel comfortable with many predators around if there are no other herders to gather with. They do not survive alone or in very small groups. They are small, easy pray for large predators that share their habitats and need the safety of a herd.
When migrating, mothers will often hide their young by either finding or creating some sort of shelter. Usually bushes do the trick, but if there isn't much in the way of plant growth, they will attempt to dig small, shallow burrows.
Their first instinct is to flee rather than fight, but some males can be daring enough to attempt fighting off even large canines and felines, though even the bravest have an inset fear towards bears. A goennec that attempts to fight a bear is a dead goennec and those brave enough to attempt the other predators would be lucky to get away with it's life.
Males are Rams, females are does, and young goennecs are kids.
The mating season is known as the ‘Siv’. It takes place from late summer to late Autumn or Early winter. Most goennecs will, like most herd ungulates, mate once and move on, but only for a limited time.
Males fight for a harem of females during the siv and, once the season is over, disband these groups to go back to normal herd life.
When they reach the age of about 35, they begin to lose the drive to participate in siv. At this point, some may pair off, but this isn't considered the norm.
Once weaned, kids may remain with the mother for another year before they begin to join in the mating seasons. It is unusual for them to stick around longer. Kids will always recognize their fathers as being their sires, but they don't have the same sort of familial bond with them as they have with their mother. The bond with the mother is close and, even after leaving the mother, they will have a family-bond.

They live in a complex hierarchy consisting of six tiers, or levels.

Tier 1: Prime
At the head of the herd is the leader Goennec, called the Prime by research circles. Typically, the Prime is the strongest male, though particularly clever, strong and dominating female leaders have been recorded. The Prime protects the herd from predators and rouge Goennecs, challenging any unwelcome visitors to the herd’s lands, or giving the command to run when the invader is too large. It is also his or her job to keep order in the herd, resolving small and large conflicts alike. The Prime may be assisted by his or her primary mate in this responsibility. Rarely, two Goennecs- be they siblings or mates- will lead jointly. In this situation, one Goennec is usually an Affected, while the other is mentally challenged but physically endowed.

Tier 2: Prince
The next strongest male Goennec is called the Prince, because his duty is similar to that of human princes. In return for getting first pick of mate during the season, called a siv, and being next in line to take the Prime’ place in case of death or weakness, he has to round up the herd when danger approaches, giving the leader(s) time and space to challenge any adversaries as well as becoming a second line of defense against the herd. The Prince must be prepared to give his life, if needed. In times of distress, he must also lead a group of strong herdmates into battle over disputed land.

Tier 3: Elders
Elders of the herd are well respected among the herd. Although they have no leadership in the herd, they are often referred to for wisdom and counsel. Goennecs in this group are over the age of 35 and no longer fit for life as a soldier. Some may not retire until they are around 40-45, but it's very rare to see one retire too much younger than 35.
Many times Affected goennecs will be put into this group for extra care and, because of their increased intelligence, advice. They are one of the very few exceptions to the '35 and older' rule.

Tier 4: Soldiers
The next group of Goennecs is the young and strong males and females, called the soldiers. The males are the next-highest competitors to the Prince. The females are usually the most sought-after during the siv, because of their strength and promising genes. They follow the Prince into battle, and are the remainder of the herd’s third line of defense, in the case that the leader(s) and Prince fall.

Tier 5: Peasants
The rest of the mature part of the herd is composed of those who are not deemed fit for fighting as it is important for soldiers to be able to defend the young, old, and unable in the event of a predatory attack. Most often, the reason they have a physical or mental block that makes them ineffective in battle situations. They are the lowest in the 'pecking order', and are often the least attractive, gaining few, if any, mates during the siv. If they do happen to participate in siv, it's usually due to a desperate male looking to expand his harem or a female voluntarily choosing to join a male.

Tier 6: Kids
Lastly, the very young reside in their own tier, because they have yet to show any aspects of strength, and the fact that they have yet to be able to survive without constant care from others. Goennecs usually do not stay in this tier for too long, as they usually show signs of strength or weakness by the time they are old enough to begin play-fighting and establishing dominance over others.

Aging
A healthy Goennec can live to be 60 years old if they are well cared for. In the wild they have an average lifespan of 40 years.
They age quickly in the beginning, the first year they age the equivalent of 18-20 human years, much like dogs. The second to fifth years their growth slows to only about 3. Every year after is about 1.
This ensures that they grow quick enough to be able to outrun predators within a few months. and the slower growth after the first year keeps them healthier longer and from aging too quickly without reason.

Habitat
Goennecs are a widely spread species, though they are rare sights in any climate.
Primarily, your best bet of finding one would be in mountains, mountain valleys, or scrubby desserts. Anywhere with sufficient food sources and water can be adapted to.

Domestic Breeds
Much like dogs, there is a large community of people selectively breeding strains of goennecs, and again like dogs, these breeds have specific purposes with physical variations to accommodate them.

Draft Goennecs
These hearty goennecs are sturdy and stocky. They've been bred for hind hooves for better hind-strength, large, sprawling forepaws for good grip and traction, shorter tails for safety, and thick, strong legs and bodies. Most often, this breed is used in cooler and/or mountain climates for carrying or pulling resources in areas where other animal or mechanical means of transporting them would be difficult.
In addition to the features selectively bred for, this breed is also larger than wilds, standing at an average of 3' tall at the shoulder, has fully feathered feet, their muzzles are slightly shorter and more squared, males have elbow fluff and goatees, and females have slightly longer horns than wild varieties.

Hunting Goennecs
Lightweight and agile, these goennecs were bred to hunt all manner of small critters. They have very little excess weight on them and are often called the "thoroughbreds of goennecs", not only for their preferred shape, but also because they've been bred to sport four hooves. Another nickname is the "Fox Goat" for their fox-like faces. Their tails are much longer than the tails of other breeds, which they use to show location both to each other (when hunting in groups) and to their human trainer so they can be easily found in tall grasses or heavy undergrowth.
Hunters are a working breed and not usually kept as a casual pet due to their high energy needs and their tendency to find ways to occupy themselves by destroying homes if not given enough work to do.
Hunting goennecs are smaller than the wild variety, averaging only about 2' tall when fully grown. Both males and females have medium-length horns, used to defend themselves on the hunt.

General Rules
[~]You may change the sexes of the young goennecs only. Adults must keep their sex. I just don't have the time or patience to put a goennec design into another lineart. It IS alright, however, to change the gender and make a goennec transgender, just be sure to get permission for this first.
(A helpful hint for those who don't know the difference; Sex - between the legs. Gender - between the ears)

[~]Forms must be 100% your work. This means you may not collaborate.

[~]You may not order art of a goennec that has not been won. This goes along with the previous rule. Any art added to your form must be by you. Art ordered from anyone else will disqualify you. Until I officially give them out, they belong to me.

[~]There is an RP for them, posted up below the title. Use it, don't make your own.

[~]You may not give an adopted Goennec to anyone. If you no longer want or can't take care of your Goennec, bring 'em back here.

[~]Goennecs cannot be bred or created by anyone but myself. (breeding post located below)

[~]No pity posts or bragging. It's obnoxious to other people to hear about how much you need a character and equally as obnoxious to complain about losing.

[~]Goennecs are animals. Don't make them 'mystical' or add any paranormal abilities to them. They also cannot use weapons or tools. General rule of thumb: If it's not something an animal (specifically goat or goat-like) could or would do, it's not something you should add to your potential character.
Exceptions can be made, but must be approved.

Blacklist:
Clearing this. Fresh start for everyone~
Last edited by June Bug on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:57 am, edited 99 times in total.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Goennec~

Postby June Bug » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:14 pm

These are unclaimed and repossessed Goennecs. They'll be kept here until they can be adopted. If you see one you like that has no hold on it, chances are, it's either up for adoption or will be in the next round so keep an eye out, ;3

Kona
Male
2'2"
Naturally colored
Hoof/Paw diagonal pairs
was available on TheBrightestBlack as an adoptable and won't be going up for adoption

Singer
Male
(height unknown)
Naturally colored
No abnormalities
Other art
Currently on hold from adoption: Needs to be updated

Scenic
Female
2'3"
Naturally Colored
Marked Hooves/Horns/Nose
Keep an eye out for her in the adoption pens!
Last edited by June Bug on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:40 am, edited 37 times in total.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Goennecs for adoption

Each week I will put up a few Goennecs for adoption, please read all of the rules and fill out a form accordingly or your request for one will be ignored

Wilds
Theme: -
Pen W1

(Can be changed)
2'
Naturally Colored
No Abnormalities

Drafts
Theme: -

Pen D1

[url]Without Harness[/url]
(Can be changed)
3'
Naturally Colored
No Abnormalities

Hunting Goennecs
Theme: Foxes

Pen H1
Cosette (Can be changed)
Female
1'9"
Naturally Colored
No Abnormalities
Species: Corsac Fox

Pen H2
Rupert (Can be changed)
Male
2'2"
Naturally Colored
No Abnormalities
Species: Rüppell's Fox

Pen H3

Pen H4

Pen H5

Pen H6

Form rules
[~]Forms are to be posted anytime between when they are put up to the following Sunday at 5pm EST. Applications open when I officially state that they are open and no forms posted before then will be accepted. I will also post to officially close the round. Applications posted any time before, even if it goes past the pre-stated time, will be accepted, but none after will be.

[~]Goennecs are not to be used as Fursonas or mates of fursonas

[~]You may put in only 1 form each round.

[~]longer does not mean better! In fact you do not have to write a story at all. The space specified as 'Define your Goennec' is there for you to show how well you've developed the personality you wish to give them. Write a story, some poetry, doodle a scene, anything that you like to do that will show me how you've developed the character.

[~]You may not ask for story ideas, only critique. It's not fair to have ideas from multiple people going against a form that was written based on the ideas of one person.

[~]Please post your form only once. -3B- will make a master list linking to each form. Reposting a form may result in you being on the list twice and makes the process more confusing.

Form
Goennec Pen #:
Name:
Why do you want this goennec?:
How would you use this character?:
Define your Goennec:

Tammanae helps me judge and also acts as a thread mod. If you need help on something and I'm not available, ask her, but be warned! She bites.

Last edited by June Bug on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:33 am, edited 104 times in total.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hannescon's Disease
pronounced Hann-niss-on's

Goennecs are fast hardy creatures. They are able to live in many places that their natural enemies cannot. However theor numbers are kept in check by a genetic disease called Hannescon's Disease. It is unknown how many Goennecs carry the disease as it is a recessive gene so one can carry it without it affecting them. The disease only shows in Goennecs that inherit the gene from both parents.

Negative effects
all may not be present

misshapen ears
stumpy or lack of horns
enlarged oral features
hoof and paw deformities
lack of tail
lack of mane consistency
blindness
deafness
weak immune systems
occasionally defective or nonfunctional internal organs
inability to stand, walk, run
smaller, but still proportional

Obviously, Goennecs born with this disease do not last very long in the wild, but when born into captivity, they can live as long as any other healthy Goennec. However, they do require a much higher level of care.
Fortunately, there are a few positive effects, all of which are always present.

Increased intelligence
inability to feel anger
sturdy bone structure

The Affected

special care pen #1

special care pen #2

The adoption process for affected is going to be different than the norm. Applications will be open for them for two weeks rather than the one week for the normal adoptions. Use the same form as above.
because this application process is different, you may put in a form for one of them as well as for a normal Goennec. Applying for an affected and a non-affected will not decrease your chances for either.

Last edited by June Bug on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:22 am, edited 12 times in total.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Breeding

Rules
-There will be limits to how many can breed at a time, each listed below. Make sure there is room where you need it for ordering.
-Breedings won't be immediate. Sometimes, I get stuck on the designs and can take a few days to really get a good mix for the kid. Please be patient.
-Each breeding will produce one kid, though rarely, twins will occur. You may not choose whether you get twins or not.
-You may not request a look for your kid. They kid will be designed as Goey God (Kam) sees fit.
-These are not free. Make sure you have an appropriate payment before placing an order.
-Use the form
-Like with the regularly adopted Goennecs, return the kid to me if you cannot care for it anymore.
-You may only order a breeding between two of your own, one of yours and one of someone else's (with their express permission on-thread), or one of yours and one of the 'Breeders' here.
-You may only order breedings once a month.

Pricing
As of now, each breeding request will cost one wishlist Pet, no less than uncommon.
Post here with the payment you want to use and have it accepted before you fill out the form. This is just to make sure I don't get the same pet offered multiple times.

The Options

You and Yourself
Breeding two of your own goennecs.

slots:
1. Closed

Form:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Father:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Mother:[/b]
[b]Payment:[/b]

You and Another
Breeding your goennec with someone else's.

slots:
1. Closed

Form:
[b]Goennec:[/b]
[b]Partner's username:[/b]

You and Me
Breed your Goennec with one of my 'Breeders'.

Breeder #1
Blue Bird

Male
2'5"
Naturally Colored
No Abnormalities

Blue Bird is a generally sweet Goennec. He's laid back and gentile.
He's just barely natural and his coat color will need careful consideration for breeding. However, he has good genes.

Stud slots:
1. Closed
2. Closed

Breeder #2
Finch

Female
2'
Naturally colored
No Abnormalities

Finch is a fiery young doe. She's strong and healthy with a coat that's easy to match with.
Her bloodline does show the presence of affected young though.

1. Closed
+2TheAlbinoBunny (Pending on response due to inactivity)

Breeder #3
Bear

Male
2'4"
Naturally Colored
Mute

Bear is a middle-aged goennec with an excellent build. He would easily make a top fighter in a goennec herd. He isn't very smart and he cannot speak, but his bloodline shows the promise of a possible surprise.

Stud slots:
1. Closed
2. Closed

Breeder #4
Syri

Female
2'1"
Naturally Colored
Blind

Syri is highly intelligent and curious. Her blindness was caused by illness, not genetics so she has no better chance of passing it on than the others. Her genes are good, but there's nothing particularly special about them.

1. Closed

Form:
[b]name:[/b]
[b]Requested breeder:[/b]

Pickup Pens

Sex:
Size:
Natural Coloring?:
Other:

Sex:
Size:
Natural Coloring?:
Other:

Sex:
Size:
Natural Coloring?:
Other:

Sex:
Size:
Natural Coloring?:
Other:

Last edited by June Bug on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:53 am, edited 37 times in total.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Owners and their Goennecs
I will only be keeping up with the Goennecs adopted since the re-opening on February 8th 2011. If you would like me to add in your Goennecs adopted before then, either post them or PM them to me and I'll put them under your name.
-3B-
Albina
Aussie
Cassiopoeia (Celestina)
Enoch
Ford
Hatter
Katili
Lazuli
Nimbah
Rannoch
Secretariat
Zi (Hong Xian)
Delecroix
Haldis
Phobos
Gabriella
Piapot
Glas
Raj
Moses
Ruffian
Baron
Barbaro
Napoleon
Orchid (harnessed)
Margaux
Jesse
Davey (Harnessed)
(Agent) Saleen

*DJ Wolfy*
Mai'yena
Flare
Colombia

~*Oddly Shaded*~
Fljótandi
Kacer

.a m a r y l l i s.
Susan
Obsidian (harnessed)
Keres

acciobadger
Ahka
Coo
Elodie
Sayle
Anmera
Keete
Nym

Africa.
(?)

Applesky
Spice
Caer
Fiore

Atome
Diachi

Azure23
Risen from the Ashes
Nixie
Aria
Kumori
Silver
Auburn
Snowflake (harnessed)
Crowe

Becca~ash
Kralot

Brisa
Lilac

Bubbles.
Bassanio
Idona
Vortex
Vesca
Nzuri

CJ Shaw
Razzy
Flip
Saturn
Fig
Wendells China Teacup
Royale
Leilani

Corgi.
Bluejay
Ladybug
Emora
Liwa

Ebonpyre
Xion
Lance
Calixte
Noel
Saiga
Imogene
Branwen
Birdcatcher
Dallas
Manasi
Mirah
Dakota

Enderwoman
Chkattou

Faint
Claquettes

Fat Unicorn
Victoria
Ayako
Oscar
Spartan

flyteck
Silver Mondance

foreign.potato
Wispen

Freddy-kun
Cliffdancer
Merelda

Jelli
Sienna
Nereus

June Bug's
Sephnis
Devarsi (Devi)
Forest Run (Forest)
Lu Ten (Lu)
Native Dancer (Endie)
Mocha
Olympia (Oli)
Bear
Capera
Finch
Syri
Cherry
Sandy
Amelia (Melia)
Wimbly
Idris
Jag
Meadowlark (Lark)
White Dallas
Tosca
Samba
Montreal (harnessed)
Fayoumi
Michthy

Junsui
Comet
Kelp
Primrose
Papilla
Pawnie Cylion
Kale_dragon_keeper
Desert Flower
Candice
Baraq
Melodic Siren

Kale_dragon_keeper
Anaru

Kestral&Leo
Rafiki
Sparrow
Rafe
Dune
Tidus Wave
Linger
Texas

Lady Masquerade
Penny
Buck
Henna
Aurora
Fala

Miakemi
Heiwa
Damia
Luno
Venus
Regal
Perci
Barla

MirrorMask
Antonio

Nawee
Alec
Ashe
Finlay
Belladone
Tesla
Dune
Orion
Taz
Hellebore

oakdenugg
Sair Gypsum
Spitfire

Quay
Patience

Queen Crysalis
Suishou

Rainwolfeh
Asali

Red October
Ali
Tiger Eye
Roe
Cycle
Thrice
Chaos
Clairvoyance
Mikhail
Neurosis
Iapetus
Elliot
Peter
William
Æfen
Franklin
Anatole
Plymouth
Red October

s n o w f l a k e s
Marley

souBridge.
Andromeda
Siri
Parizzio
Tou

Starmz ♥
Neva

Staz
Adina Birch
Abbadon
Dikotsi
Ranua (Harnessed)
Falli
Deneve

TallyLove
Aisella

Tammanae
Moss
Sir Washington Rarebit
River Song
Gorrion
Squiddle
Opaline
Helena
Jane
Darla
Prina
Ticia

Teeze
ShadowBlossom
Shaded
SilverGlenn
Vernon
Night Lights
AnnaGlade
Tiahni
Bryce
Duskmeadow
Sweetie Cake
Dejah
Snowfall
Anika

TessaKitty
Quasa
Chino
Sepiida
Kale
Soleil Noir

The Real Slim Shady
Apollo

Toadfoal
Tercel
Mai
Virgil
Norman
Willoughby
Dunna
Magnolia
Bass
Nadia
Halfira
Cowslip

Tiikeria
Arwel/Cameo
Alvydd
Eris
Dilia
Runach
(?)
Opal
Brior
Amadan
Keahi
Raz (harnessed)

Vellamore
Wren

wibeke
Quiver
Finnegan
Gypsy
Shard
Nadif
Kitkun

Wolf&Dog Lover
Everest

yearofdragon
Kalliope
Last edited by June Bug on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:31 am, edited 41 times in total.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nearmagic » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Near can has a baby Kia/Near Goennec?

I'ts true what they say, love must be blind
It's why You're still standing by this sinner's side
You're still by my side
When all the things I've done have left you bleeding

Come undone, surrender is stronger
I don't need to be the hero tonight
We all want love, we all want honor
Nobody wants to pay the asking price
{Undone-FFH}

Characters.:.Nearmagic
ImageImage
Nearmagic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meadow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:04 am

Marking for later. :3
Meadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:34 am

Nearmagic wrote:Near can has a baby Kia/Near Goennec?

XD I'm considering making some for the people on my friends list, if I do, you'll get one ~.o
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papyrsatyr » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:36 am

They're very cute. Although the half paws half hooves disturb me a wee bit. ^ ^;
Papyrsatyr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me