~*~.:Isle of the Purple Cloud:.~*~ [See Post No.#84]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

~*~.:Isle of the Purple Cloud:.~*~ [See Post No.#84]

Postby LostGosling » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:28 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~*~.:Isle of the Purple Cloud:.~*~

ImageImage
Welcome, and please make yourself at home! ;3

You excitedly grip the edge of the speeding boat, one hand sheilding your eyes from the sun as you rocket across the crystal blue water. You, out of several hundred people, have been chosen to visit this dream paradise: The Isle of the Purple Cloud. You can't see it at first, but as you get closer, you give an awe stricken gasp. The cloud, so beautiful that you could just drift away into it's midst, came into view. You blink a few times to get over the shock, and then suddenly know how the island got it's name. It was entirly shrouded by the massive, purple mist, only bits and pieces of dark green foliage jutting out over the water. It was beautiful.

Soon, sooner than you'd expected, the boat was incompassed in mist, your sight limited to only feet away as you slowed into a port. Suddenly unsure, you sit down, the cold, wet surroundings causing your hair to stand on end. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, you couldn't see anything! The engine of the boat purring to a stop, the captain helps you onto land before he bids you well. You nod quickly, reluctantly stepping into the soft sand as you start inland. Many chirping insects break into your subconscious as you part the dense plants, a sharp rustle from nearby ferns causing you to jump. You'd heard of the wonderous creatures that supposedly resided here, but now you were terrified and alone. Were they even friendly?

Before you could finish the thought, something darts from the forest, knocking you to the ground with one leap. You try to scream, but are cut off by your own gasp. Was it really? "No, no no, you can't be real... can you?" you ask the creature as it curls up on your chest. It purrs soflty, glistening eyes enviting one to play for hours on end. "Why yes! My Fasheea is very much real!" I say jubiently, stepping from the purple mist with an outstretched hand. You pause, not quite sure if you can trust me, and then let me help you up. The yellow-tailed Fasheea rolled off into the sand, giggling hysterically to itself as another appeared. You watch it approuch with wide eyes, only vaguely noticing that the salmon colored Fasheea was shyer. "My name is LostGosling, but you can call me Goz. We all go by code names around here." I continue, looking around before I gesture to my two pets. "The one who greeted you is my dear Phea, and this little girl is Eloutina." The two creatures now stood side by side, the calmer male comforting the female through grooming. "They mean you know harm, you just have to be careful which ones you come across." I warn, leading you into the forest. You note that, now aware that some of the creatures might be as viscious as you'd feared. "Why is it so dark in here? Whats the cloud made of? Are all the myths true? You begin questioning me relentlessly, and I shake my head with a smile. "Wow there! I'll get around to that soon." I chuckle lightly, pulling a scroll from my pocket. I hand it to you with a nod. "But first, you'll need to know the proper island etiquette."

~*~.:Rules:.~*~

#1. Please, do not take a Fasheea, Peumy, or Misphea that does not belong to you. There will be consecuences.
#2. No trash talking or claiming to be the "creator" of any of the creatures on the island. They will eat you.
#3. If you can't seem to claim the heart of any beast you've come across, don't complain, or you will be warned.
#4. If you nolonger wish to own your pet(s), please let Goz know and she'll return it/them to their home island.
#5. There is a limit of 5 of each species per person on this island.
#6. Asking for a custom pet will result in a one week ban from adopting.
#7. The repeated violation of any of the rules above will lead to a permanent ban.

You pinch your eyebrows together, trying to remember all those rules, when I hand you not one, but two more scrolls. "This is our list of law inforcers..." I point to the one in your left hand. "... and this is our "Wanted List". Keep an eye out for those law-breaking outlaws." I continue, tapping the one in your right hand with my index finger. You give a heavy sigh, focusing on the new set of reading material.

~*~.:Mini Mods:.~*~

None.

~*~.:Banned List:.~*~

None.

As you hand the scrolls back to me, both Fasheea come darting past, quickly vanishing into a misty wall of vines and leaves. I smile, stepping out of the way as you pause. "Go on, town is just on the other side." I say reasuringly, gesturing toward the patch of greenery. A small gap remained open at the bottom, daylight shining through the fog that surrounded you both. It had to be better than where you were at now. You nod, and then with a deep breath, duck under the foliage. It raked across your back, causing you to stumble forward slightly as you hurried in. When you rise, your eyes slam shut to adjust to the light, but soon fly back open to soak in the view. Your mouth falls open in utter amazment, and I soon appear at your side. The two Fasheea are playing in a sparkling stream up ahead, and many more strange creatures mingle about with the human population. "Welcome to the Isle." I say, briskly patting you on the back so you'll breath.

Last edited by LostGosling on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 31 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~*~.:About the Island:.~*~

Postby LostGosling » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:29 am

~*~.:About the Island:.~*~

The story continues. :3

As you suck in a deep gasp of air, you glance to me with a breathless smile. "This is... amazing..." you tell me, hardly able to take your eyes off the wonderful little haven. The purple fog faded away into blue sky directly over your head, letting warm rays of sunshine bathe the lush, green grasses. Birds sang cheerfully from all around, and flowered mosses covered everything in sight, including buildings. The center piece of the cottage themed town seemed to be a stream, so shimmering and clean that you longed to take a sip. Your mouth still open, you carefully cross over to the stream, dropping to your knees to stare in total quiet. Phea and Eloutina come trotting up next to you, one on each side, staring into the water as if the scene were perfectly normal. I sit down at your side as well, running my finger across the water's surface as I wait for you to ask. And then you do. "What is this place?"

"Well," I start, taking a deep breath. "It's believed, in town lore, that this island has been around since the Cretacious period, maybe even further back. The Fasheea have been here at least that long." You nod, still focused on the stream. "Though the town has a very different story, having been founded by a few good hearted individuals many years ago. You see, it has a magical element, of sorts..." I point to the sky, your gaze following. "We are in another realm, as is demonstrated by our multiple moons." You pinch your eyebrows together, just now noticing the 5 different moons in the sky. " This place is only, and I do mean only, accessible to humans by the Fasheea's consent. They are the key in and out of Kaina, as it's called. You must befriend one to come here at will." You stay still, listening intently to every word.

"Of course there are other animals in Kaina besides the Fasheea, but none so are as magical." Phea purrs to me, lovingly rubbing his face down my side. I pet him softly on the head as I continue. "They are revered in this town as godly, and are by far the most intelligent. They know if you're a good person with one look." I pause, looking directly into my Fasheea's blue gaze. "It is said that their eyes can see into your soul. That's how they've survived as long as they have. Humans would have destroyed them long ago if not for such ability." Your eyes widen at the thought, and they quickly turn to Eloutina. So dainty, so mild..."But why? Why would anybody want to hurt them?" you ask, angry tears now forming in your eyes.

I sigh, shaking my head. "Most humans are afraid of Fasheea, being so different from all other animals. And you know how humans tend to act toward something that's different..." I roll my eyes, tucking my short, brown hair behind my ears. "They've hid in this relm ever since humans invented the boat, becoming as fearful of us as we are of them. When a stray human or two would discover the island, all the animals would flee to Kaina. The land would become nothing but a desolate waistland to outsiders, too many useless trees for lumber and nothing but sour fruits and insects for consumption." You nod in relief, glad that the wonderful creatures had some sort of protection.

I look back to the sky, smiling with a long kept fascination. "The fog also plays a huge roll in such seclusion. You know the purple cloud that the island is named for?" You nod. "It is very special, in that the Fasheea can control it. When they combine their phsycic energy, the fog will refract the light, causing the island to vanish from view. Infact, that's why it's purple when visible, since Fasheea are quite fond of the color. The normal fog, which you probably also came across, deters anybody from coming this way. Nobody in their right mind would sail nose first into a thick fog. Especially when they could go around it."

Last edited by LostGosling on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 25 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~*~.:About the Creatures:.~*~

Postby LostGosling » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:30 am

~*~.:About the Creatures:.~*~

Indepth Creature Feature!! 8D

Pausing for a brief moment, my eyes suddenly light up. "Hey, if you want, I can go get the info sheets on all the cretures! They're quite interesting, and will help you considerably." You nod, waiting patiently as I disappear into a cabin. When I return, I have 3 different scrolls. "Fasheea, Misphea, and Peumy." I say, handing them to you in that order.

~*~.:Fasheea:.~*~

ImageImage

Fasheea are about the size of an average house cat, are smart as a whip, and have very powerful legs they use to jump as far as 6 feet in the air. They're covered in a thin layer of satiny fur similar to that of a seals, which seems to keep them comfortable throughout the entire year. They have a small, pointy horn on their head, which is a dangerous weapon when used as a spear, and small fangs that secrete venom. A Fasheea bite can have one writheing on the ground in a little under a minute. Not to worry though, as they are only venomous when they need to be and can happily nip your fingers all day with no permanent damage (Though it would be a good idea to keep around a first aid kit to tend to those nasty little puncture wounds that the cute, little "nips" leave). As of yet, Fasheea venom hasn't ever been proven fatal to a human, just very, very unpleasant. Though, it is rumored that there are select specimens out there who can give a lethal bite.

Fasheea are very active, playful little sprites. They understand human speech, but can not produce it themselves, so they communicate through hisses, shreaks, and purrs. The species is known for it's magical abilities, especially in the relm of Kaina, so remember that before you choose one as a companion. They are extremely well adapted to living in any environment, considering they have gills and fins for life in the water, and wings on their head for soaring in the sky, so they're geared for every situation. Their feet especially, are a mystery all of their own, since they are adapted to anything from long-distance track running to swimming lazily down a river.

~*~.:Misphea:.~*~

Misphea, a carnivorous species native to the Isle, are an interesting creature to behold. They are striped a lot like a Reef Snake, but have teeth like an Anaconda. Sharp, and deadly. Though they aren't poison, like the Fasheea they occasionally try to hunt. It's usually the youngsters that attempt this sort of feat, since adults are commonly seen basking amidst a clan of Fash. They relish insects of all kinds, and can be seen at dusk chasing the native moth population.

When you ask a sampling of people: "What's the oddest thing you can think of about a Misphea?" You will get a large variety of different answers. Their scruffy crests. Their large, slightly protruding eyes. Their mish-mash of different body fibers: shimmering feathers striped with soft, white fur. All of these are opinions though, since the true answer to that question is their social behavior.

You will never, under any circumstances, see a single Misphea on it's own. They are always seen in brother/sister pairs, who have been together since birth. This is not an intimate relationship mind you, but a deep bond that tyes the two together for life. If one Misphea dies, the healthy one will go as well. No explanation has ever been made for this behavior, but a Misphea will always have two chicks: A Male and Female. They stay together always, crying to each other in dreadfully forlorned whistles when seperated.

When mating season comes, the pairs will seek out each other with a complicated series of clicks. Each possible partner that presents itself must be approved by the other sibling, since unapproval means a heated chase. After matings have occured(sometimes only one of each pair will take a mate), the male will help care for his sister's eggs on into hatching. He will bring her tid-bits of meat while she nests, so she doesn't have to leave often for food. After the offspring have grown, they will go off to live on their own.

As you can see, if you've already incountered some Misphea, there are several flawless methods of gender differentiation. The female, usually the larger of the two, is somewhat drab in color. This is to keep her nest safe in breeding season, and she could be colored anywhere from light greys to dark browns. Her tail is also quite dense, which she wraps around her clutch for further warmth and protection. The male is a gaunt little fellow, being smaller and thinner than his sister, but you most likely won't notice this tiny difference. You'll be staring at his feathers. The males are strikingly colored, any color of the rainbow possible. The white bands of fur only seem to accentuate. The final and furthermost method of telling who's who is by looking at the crest. Males will have a "bushier" look to their "bangs", while the females only have a small curl. Both genders are about the size of a small chicken, and have a band of color on the wings(even in females).

When pondering the possiblity of Misphea ownership, you may want to consider the universal personality of this species. Impish, unpredictable, naughty little creatures they are. Of course there are variations between bloodlines, but you aren't exactly going to find a "nice" Misphea.

~*~.:Peumy:.~*~

Coming Soon!

Last edited by LostGosling on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:31 am, edited 21 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~*~.:Creatures for Adoption:.~*~

Postby LostGosling » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:31 am

~*~.:Available Creatures:.~*~

Here you can adopt your own creatures.
To obtain one, you will need to write me a story about an event from it's past.
Put some effort into your writing, I love a good story. ;3

Note: You must already have a Fasheea to try for a Misphea or Peumy.

You finish reading the scrolls with a chuckle, carefully handing them back to me. As I turn to take them away, you speak. "So how do I go about getting my own Fasheea, anyway?" you ask, watching as I slowly turn back around. I grin eagerly, as if I'd been waiting all day for that very sentence, and drop the scrolls. Giving a stretch, I point upstream.

You look that way, and jump a little as I suddenly take you by the hand. "Follow me." I carefully lead you along the stream's edge, the sun setting a brilliant red in the sky. You smile wistfully at the sight. I drag you toward the unknown destination for what seems like an eternity, and then you reach a cave. Not dark, as you'd normally associate with the word, but as brightly lit as your average glow stick. That's the only way you can think of to describe it. Some strange, ghost light reflects out of the water, painting the cave walls with a constantly moving pattern of blue light. You almost forget about your quest until Eloutina and Phea come skittering past. You watch intently as they pull ahead, shocked as a mass throng of greeting echoes from just around the corner. Fasheea, and lots of them.

"Welcome to the nest!" I say joyfully, hundreds of creatures pausing to stare. Some look shy, some look gleeful, and others look down right vengeful. You swallow hard, feeling something similar to stage fright. The cave has a medium sized pool in the center, water gushing placidly from it's depths. Large, moss covered boulders are stacked loosely all around. "This is where you befriend a Fasheea, as a normal rule. It's also the heart of the water sorce, and maybe even the entrance to the rest of Kaina." I say, a serious expression on my face. "As you can see, light is clearly visible through the cracks, but we can't move the rocks, so..." I stop, trying not to lapse back into historian mode. For your own mental safety. "Anyway, all the creatures in Kaina come from here, but you must own a Fasheea for the other species to appear." I shake my head in befuddlment. "I have no clue why, but you won't ever see a wild Misphea or Peumy unless you own a Fasheea. They won't even appear if somebody is with you who doesn't have one." You ponder the oddity, taking a few shy steps forward. So many colors, so many personalities, so many teeth. You sit on a bolder, looking helplessly in my direction. I'm gone, leaving you unprotected with several hundred Fasheea. You need some time alone with them anyway, to build confidence, so you try not to be angry. Drawing a few deep, calming breaths, you rise. You're ready to choose your companion.

None available right now. X3
Ends the... pfft, no Fash up right now. xD

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Creature you're trying for:[/b] Nope, No Fash Yet.
[b]Name you will give Creature:[/b]
[b]Your Entry:[/b]

~*~.:Rules:.~*~

#1. Please, don't bestow your creatures with demeaning names. X3
#2. All entries will be judged on readability, effort, and creativity. The best form wins.
#3. The whole form must be filled out before I'll accept it. If it's still WIP by the end of judging day, it won't count.
#4. Post completed or WIP form to thread. Ones sent by PM will be ignored.
#5. Post your form knowledgeably. The stories and fact sheets will help a lot.
#6. Story must be set in the Isle of the Purple Cloud(or Kaina), and must be about the character you wish to own.
#7. Do not Power Play preexisting creatures in your story except for the one you're trying for.

Last edited by LostGosling on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:02 am, edited 33 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~*~.:Specials & Breeding:.~*~

Postby LostGosling » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:31 am

~*~.:Breeding & Specials:.~*~

~*~.:Specials:.~*~

The Warrior's Fasheea, a tweeked Fasheea clone, will always have a normal counter part. They cannot be bred.
Here's how you can get one:

#1. You must own the Fasheea you want to clone.
#2. The form in the code box should not have a strike through it. If it does, I'm not accepting.
#3. I will do WF in lots of 3, so make sure you watch for when forms open.
#4. I price at 1 wishlist pet per slot.
#5. Send payment after I've accepted your form.
#6. Post your form here in the thread.
#7. Do not, under any surcumstances, edit a previous post to bump yourself ahead in line.
#8. Only 1 WF order may be purchased per round.

[b]Fasheea You Want to Clone:[/b]
[b]Cloned Fasheea's Name:[/b]
[b]Cloned Fasheea's Gender:[/b]
[b]Payment:[/b]

Now read this story. xD

"Come this way! You must see my discovery!" I tell you, dragging you by the arm into my laboritory. My hair is escue from many sleepless nights, and my lab coat is covered in many strange splatters and burn marks. I lead you into the small cottage, and into a messy room. There are books and viles scattered everywhere in this darkened room, but your attention flashes instead to a frantically rocking crate. Your eyes widen as you look to me with growing anxiety, and I return a crazed grin. I hurry to a nearby table, scattering more books and papers as I search for something. Your eyes stay locked on the crate though, soft squeals and grunts ringing out from the exceedingly large box. "It was right here! Wait!....no, that's not it....(scatters some more test tubes) AH-HA!!!" I stagger over with a baggy full of berries.

The berries glow softly, euphoricly, as I open the bag. You reach out to touch one in awe, but I quickly move the bag away. "These berries, they are uneffective to most creatures. But the Fasheea....it is a very, very peculiar species. I've worked very hard on making a serum from Eukala berry extract, and when injected into a developing Fasheea clone, it improves the individual! Bigger, Stronger, Faster! Eloutina!" As if on cue, the Fasheea comes bounding up and leaps to my shoulder, an equally as excited look on her face. I turn toward the crate, grabbing your sleeve again. You are reluctant to follow, but I don't seem to notice.

"My creation... they could be used as protection all over Kaina! Their magic is much stronger than the average Fasheea, and their build is much more ideal for defence. I just need to make a few more adjust...." As you watch, the box explodes into a million pieces. My Fasheea scrambles for a hiding place as I push you behind me, a large creatures knocking me down as it begins taking apart the room. It overturns tables as you begin screaming, and I put my hand over your mouth as we both sink to the ground. "Shhhh, it's just frightened! FASHEEA...be CALM!!!"

The strange, Fasheea like creature stops, a low whimper escaping it's throat. The dust is thick in the air, and neither of us can see a thing. You can see a shadow though, infront of a swinging ceiling light. Lots of wings, a larger tail, 6 inch fangs, tall spikes down it's back. You see Eloutina approach cautiously from under a desk, the bigger one knocking over another table as it scrambles in fear. Elou makes a small purr of reasurance to it's newly born kin, the creature begining to move in closer as it's body begins to tremble. Soon, the air begins to clear, and your eyes widen in surprise at the site you behold.

"Beautiful, isn't she?" I say dreamily, helping you off the floor. It makes a high pitched choitle, it's eyes staying pinned on us. "I call it, a Warrior's Fasheea. A fitting name I think, since you could easily take the right one into the harshest of battles." It takes a few shaky steps toward you, a tiny smile on it's delicate face. You curiously reach out to touch it, but it jerks away as if you'd tryed to hit it. I sigh. "You see though, the serum hightens everything. Speed, Stamina, Vision, Physical Capabilities, Phsycic Energy, even their Personalities. The parent of this clone, my Eloutina, is skittish by nature. So as a result, Elounami is terrified of everything." You nod, as if taking in the possibilities of such a creature. "You definately wouldn't want to tweek the wrong bloodline...." I mumble distantly, trailing off into thought.

~*~.:Breeding:.~*~

Ever wonder what your creatures' offspring would look like? Here's your chance to find out! The rules for breeding are:

#1. A single breeding between two pets will cost 1 wishlist pet.
#2. Once two Fasheea/Misphea/Peumy have been bred, they are mated for life.
#3. Both parents must belong to you.
#4. The outcome is completely random, not a custom. They'll share their parents' traits.
#5. Breeding slots will open up in groups of 3 and are "First Come, First Serve".
#6. No interspecies breedings.
#7. The form in the code box should not have a strike through it. If it does, I'm not accepting.
#8. Expect only 1 offspring from a Fasheea or Peumy mating. Misphea will always have 2 offspring.
#9. Send payment after I've accepted your form.
#10. Do not, under any surcumstances, edit a previous post to bump yourself ahead in line.

[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Mother's Name:[/b]
[b]Father's Name:[/b]
[b]Gender(s):[/b]
[b]Payment:[/b]

Last edited by LostGosling on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am, edited 14 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~*~.:Affiliates:.~*~

Postby LostGosling » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:46 pm

~*~.:Our Affiliates:.~*~

You really need to check out these places... :3

...because they're awsome. X3

ImageImageImageImageImage

And if you want, you can help spread the word about the Isle and all it's cuteness with my new banner! 8D

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1025800][img]http://i.imgur.com/6JDFq.png[/img][/url]

Last edited by LostGosling on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~*~.:Archives:.~*~

Postby LostGosling » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:56 am

~*~.:Archives:.~*~

Check out the archives!
You can access your creatures, and view all the others that have been created!

Last edited by LostGosling on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~*~.:Reserved:.~*~

Postby LostGosling » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:56 am

~*~.:Reserved:.~*~

Posting is now open! :3

LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~*~.:Isle of the Purple Cloud:.~*~ OPEN ~ One Available

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:23 pm

I think it looks great, Gos <3 I might try for the new Fash, got a cute idea in mind.....
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~*~.:Isle of the Purple Cloud:.~*~ OPEN ~ One Available

Postby LostGosling » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks Spartan! <3 Good luck if you try for her! :3
.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me