Sled Pups! CLOSED. See Page 94.

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Sled Pups!

Postby donkeykong » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:14 am

Ruined Souls wrote:When do you plan in putting a new litter up? And customs open?

As of right now I can't say. To be completely transparent and honest with everyone on the thread, I have fallen out of love with Sled Pups and have little to no inspiration in new designs, customs, events, or anything related to this thread at the moment. I'm not sure when or if I will find inspiration again, but I'm not sure if I am interested in continuing the thread myself. There have been numerous people who have offered to help out especially in running Sled Pups, but since this adoptable is almost entirely art based and there have only been a couple of applications in doing litters, I just don't feel those entries would be sustainable enough to keep the thread running. School and new interests have kept me busy and I feel I just haven't given you all enough in terms of providing litters, events, customs, and other Sled Pup related activities.

I know many of you have probably already noticed the decline in pace since the first couple of months till now. I apologize for the timing of things and how unorganized it has been over the course of the thread. Starting this, I was a new to the process, creation, and maintenance of adoptable pets, and I am extremely thankful for those who have supported this thread as much as you do. As of now I am considering giving or selling the thread to another who may be more interested in maintaining the group and possibly even restarting up the RP, etc. with the stipulation I can provide litters, event items, etc. for the group whenever I please. I would love for this group to grow and continue, but as of now I can't see this happening with only me at the helm.

I hope this makes sense, and I would love for anyone to provide some advice or suggestions if they have any. Nothing is for certain yet, but if you may be interested in taking over the thread, please privately PM me with how you would plan to maintain and build on the foundation of the group so we can discuss. For those of you who are worried about Fishbones or other payments, please do not fear. If a change in ownership, or closing down does happen I will reimburse you. If anyone wants to be reimbursed as of now, I ask you to please PM me, so we can make sure you get your payment back.

Again, thank you all for your support. It's great to have such an engaged group behind an idea that started out just because I wanted to color in some pixel linearts I created. You've made it a lot more than I ever could have possibly conceived!
donkeykong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Northern Malagon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm

If you are feeling burnt out, or just cant come up with ideas...a suggestion I have...is take away the "no crazy color rule" that will give you WAY more options to possibly be inspired by/work with! Limiting ones self to only specific things can really tire you out quick. Of course even with new colors, you can limit those designs to "NO crazy patterns like stars and such"

Another suggestion you can do, is take guess artists! where they are not on staff, but do a limited litter run, say..of 3-5 and thats it. As a reward maybe they could draw them selves a custom colored one (with your approval)
Image Image Image

Click my dragons above to be taken to Dragon Island!

Dragon Island Records
Dragon Island Fanclub

Personal Adopt Collection

Northern Malagon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby donkeykong » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Zerna-Darkwolf wrote:If you are feeling burnt out, or just cant come up with ideas...a suggestion I have...is take away the "no crazy color rule" that will give you WAY more options to possibly be inspired by/work with! Limiting ones self to only specific things can really tire you out quick. Of course even with new colors, you can limit those designs to "NO crazy patterns like stars and such"

Another suggestion you can do, is take guess artists! where they are not on staff, but do a limited litter run, say..of 3-5 and thats it. As a reward maybe they could draw them selves a custom colored one (with your approval)

I'm not tired of doing the designs, per se as I have a bunch of litters planned in my mind that do not require changing the natural coloration rule. The natural coloration rule kept this group more personal (in my opinion) as it limited the number of original characters I had to replicate for the group making the Sled Pups more a community of their own. I could be totally off my mark with that sentiment, but it was what I had envisioned.

Your second suggestion is something I have already tried with little interest. I would have loved guest artists, because after a while I find my designs were starting to look similar in terms of the style I produced them in. I've only had two applications fully filled out, which won't help in the long run if each user only does a litter or two.
donkeykong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sled Pups! Possible Hiatus. See Page 92.

Postby SaharasLivelyPets » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:56 pm

I know it might not be my place to say this but you should take hiatus because you seem a bit over worked and need a break. I would love to help you continue this in any way I can even though I am new to this website trust me I know how hard it is to balance work/school and artistic things. I draw and I am in Jr high, I easily have 2 hours of homework a day. So take a break if you need to, plus it will show the colors of the followers of this adoption. The true followers of you and this adoption will support you and the people that just care about the adoption will leave. I hope this helped in some way. ~Veronica
~σиι¢αѕαнαяα
Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image
SaharasLivelyPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DogLife. » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:15 am

I am really sad that this place may be shutting down. I promise to keep and love Suggs, Ice,Frost and Carrie forever though

┌──────────────┐
Coding Art Credit Avatar Credit
My Viscets Gypsy Viscets link

● ● ▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬ ● ●

ImageImageImage
Hi! My names DogLife., and I'm your
average girl here! I love dogs,
swimming, coding and reading.
I am mainly here for the Viscets,
but feel free to PM me!

└──────────────┘

DogLife.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bogwarden » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:23 am

i know exactly what you're going through. twice ive run adoptables of my own and twice i've had to give them up because i was over my head doing it on my own but i couldnt share them with other users who offered to be guest artists. i ran them like a machine until i practically hated what they became. its a very hard decision and it truly puts your needs and your wants to the test. these really are a good concept, and my gosh they were cute, but you really need to focus on what it is youd like to do. there is no sense turning yourself into a machine. i know i support you with whatever it is you choose to do and i will always cherish the two sled pups i managed to get <3
dan - he/him

bogwarden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby donkeykong » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Thank you all for your kind responses. As of now I will be leaving Sled Pups up, but inactive. I am accepting dA point offers if anyone is interested in taking over the group and this would include the lines with shading and the items files as well, but please be advised I am most likely not going to trade it away.

Anyone interested in fishbone refund I ask to PM me. Since I am unsure if I will come back to this it is most likely in your best interest to ask for a refund. I will accept refunds until the end of November at which time I probably won't be on CS much past that, so contacting me will be difficult. You are welcome to note me on DA at any time concerning the issue.

At some point or another I may have traded away the original pets you sent, so you may get pets of equivalent value from my trades. I ask that those who have gotten free fishbones either through raffles or helping out with the thread be transparent about the amount so we can correctly calculate the amount owed... Please in the PM let me know how many fishbones you currently have available to you and any repayment concerns you may have (if any).

Again, thank you all for such great participation. I have enjoyed my time being a part of this and I hope all of you have too!
donkeykong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DogLife. » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:38 am

I am sad this is over... hopefully it will return

┌──────────────┐
Coding Art Credit Avatar Credit
My Viscets Gypsy Viscets link

● ● ▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬ ● ●

ImageImageImage
Hi! My names DogLife., and I'm your
average girl here! I love dogs,
swimming, coding and reading.
I am mainly here for the Viscets,
but feel free to PM me!

└──────────────┘

DogLife.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruined Souls » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Well. Whatever happens. I really hope this place will always be open. Hiatus I think a good idea. School and life will take over. Maybe only have it open in the summer and holidays l
Do you have a PS3? A PSN Account? Minecraft? add me!
rjlimon
Your my favorite <3
Ruined Souls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wafflez2 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:48 pm

It's sad to here this place might do down, I will treasure my 7 sled pups
Wafflez2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me