EVENT LOC Adopts

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: EVENT LOC Adopts

Postby Tundra » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:42 pm

SO! What you have all been waiting for is here! The Results are in!
Starry will be making a post soon after this with the rest of the cubs results.

The Winner of Cub # 1 is
starry-knight!

This was a close call between the two.
I found that I felt starry created a whole cub, and left nothing to chance. The only downfall of your form starry was the lack of art, showing the emotions of this cub. But you stuck with your story, the falling art fitting the storyline. the name fit his personality, and personality was strong. Overall made me feel as though it was a being, and not pixels.

Apricot
Your form was also amazing, and I mean it. There isn't much I can say as to what was needed. Your name however, contradicted the personality a bit, so in turn made me feel like something was missing. You said he was brave, but half way though the description of brave said he was shy, or needed a boost to have courage. It also took me a little to pick out his personality, reading it through a few times instead of being able to see the personality immediately. My suggestion for future events is to post the direct personality traits at the top, THEN give them description, that way the reader knows what they are looking for.

Overall though the score came close, very close. So good work both of you! Hope to see you in future contests!

ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charboo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:32 pm

The results are in for cub #2!! Are you ready?
The rest of the cubs will be posted in order.

The winner of cub #2 is:
Shattered Beazt

Shattered Beazt, your from was well coded and easy to look at. The personality seemed to fit the cub well and was kept the same throughout your form. The personality written was clearly painted and easy to understand. The art immediately drew the judges into your form but we did wish to see more of the personality to be shown in the art. The elemental detail and use of the elements is legitimate to the cub and form. However, when your cub went from a Pride Traditionalist to a Pride Hater, it made your form slightly confusing. Although the cub is hating a group, it was seen by the judges that it is generalized to the pride. Overall your writing sections and form was well written and everything tied together. Congrats!!

Red Weasel
The judges saw your form having good qualities and a solid length. All sections of the form are completed but we did however find the lack of detail something to be missing in your form. We really wanted to know where this character went and detail to why the cub likes or dislikes something. The lack of art was somewhat disappointing, but we would have loved to see the art you ordered so we could get a visual look of the character you were creating. Overall, your form could have been a bit better written. There are many grammar and spelling errors that made it difficult to connect to the writing, in other words: It was distracting. We would also have loved to see a little bit more effort put into the form too.

Both of you did an amazing job and surprised us with your forms. Thank you for participating in the Event Adopts! Hope to see you in the next one!
She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
FR // Anime List // Tolters
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:50 pm

The results are in for cub #3! Are you excited!?

The winner of cub #3 is:
Squirrelspirit

Squirrelspirit, despite your form being short in size, you did deliver on exactly what was asked for and even surprised me with your element portion with which you went into detail about the element usage...all of which I have never seen before. Everything your form had was accurate and with LOC species...I just wish it had been longer and more in depth to give this loc a real deep sense of character.

Queen Chrysalis, you form was a good length and the name you gave her was intriguing. Your personality section was on point and your story well built. However, what really killed your form was your extras, which included things not known or used by the loc world. It diverted from species rules and regulations and made your form lose that initial spark it held.

Both of you did an amazing job but unfortunately the cub could only be won by one. I hope to see you both back again for our next event!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:56 pm

The results are in for cub #4! Are you PUMPED!?

The winner of cub #4 is:
NARANDA

NARANDA, your form was a monster - both in length and caliber. Every detail and thought that could be put into this cub was given in your form. Even in your relationships section you blew us all away with your in depth stories of how they met and how she feels about them. For your story, we all loved the family you created for her and the feelings displayed in this family was evident in your writing. Congratulations!

SplashofOrangeJuice, All of the judges found your form to also be well put together. The length was wonderful, the personality insightful and good lord your art was beautiful and told a story with each piece. Your story was good and your relationships, specifically with Ecko was endearing. Overall, it was a very close tie between yours and Nars form. We were all very impressed with your effort and are sorry this cub could only go to one of you </3

Chi-Chan, all judges thought your form was well put together and formatted. Your writing style was nice, but some of your info did not follow species lore and left us confused, considering most of your form was on point with species information. Overall it was a decent form but just needed some refining and a closer look at species info and lore. Thanks for applying. Hope to see a form from you again!

All of you did an amazing job but unfortunately the cub could only be won by one. I hope to see you back again for our next event!Gosh this cub was so hard to judge for /dies/

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charboo » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:52 pm

The results are in for cub #5! There is no surprise about it!!

The winner of cub #5 is:
-Willow

As you were the only person to complete a form for your lovely lady, you win by default. But it isn't just by default that you have won: your form was well created and set out the character well. The relationships are well thought out, the personality is balanced, and the story was equally fantastic. There were some things that could have been added to your form and the story could have used a tad bit more description to it. Overall, it was a worthy, small form.

Thank you for trying out for the event cub and participating! We hope to see you at the next event! ♥
She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
FR // Anime List // Tolters
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:57 pm

The results are in for cub #6! Sorry for the wait...so worth it though!!

The winner of cub #6 is:
BlueMoonWolf

BlueMoonWolf, your form though kinda hard to read from formatting was a great surprise. I was particularly drawn to your history section, which laid out such a beautiful story of two sisters and her fate to fall into the Lake. It was simple, yet well written. Your personality fit well with the character portrayed in the story you wrote. I was sad to see no artwork, but overall your form did well without it!

FandomKitsune, the character you created I could see just like the character Bluemoon made..however, your form with the history in particular lacked the substance that would really define a character. Overall your form was decent, but in the end it was your history and the personality behind it that just didn't have enough to grab onto.

Thank you for trying out for the event cub and participating! We hope to see you at the next event! <3
Feel free to pm me for more critique and advice on forms!
Last edited by starry--knight on Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:15 pm

Ahhh!! Omg!
    I was rooting for you Narnada and Starry! Congratulations to you guys, as well as to everyone else!! ; O ;
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline
International Suicide Hotlines.:
here !
Outside the U.S. site: befrienders
-------------------
by me!

whisky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:41 pm

The results are in for cub #7! Wowza, too much excitement!!

The winner of cub #7 is:
~Trigger~

Trigger, your form was beautiful and amazingly poetic. I loved the entry sentence, and the close. It all flowed and meshed into one beautiful and outstanding form. The personality could have used a bit more length, maybe even the history but the overall feel and flow was just on point. Your art told a story within it, the personality, the hurt. Fabulous job!

TheBootlessBox, your form was long in length and character, but lacked particularly in the history, which was one of the most pivotal parts of the character. The writing and diction was a little choppy and blocked the story I knew was there when reading it. Overall the art was great, relationship section was on point, keep the history section in mind for your next comp and you have a winner!

HobbitGeek, Like Bootless's form, yours had that length and character, however the writing was just a tad bit choppy which took away from the story you were telling. However, the personality, and artwork were wonderful. Overall it was between you and trigger in form, but unfortunately only one of you could win </3

Meddled, your form had it's own set of unique elements which made it so hard to judge for this gal. Your form completed all that was asked of you and executed well. My critique would be a more in depth personality that really delves into the traits and why they are that way. Explain why she behaves that way fully. What really triggers her? The other thing was your history which was interesting, but could have used an extension. It seemed to have just stopped at her arriving, but I would have love to have seen what happened had she awoken the next day.

Thank you for trying out for the event cub and participating! We hope to see you at the next event! <3
Last edited by starry--knight on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:42 pm

The results are in for cub #8! Woohoo, surprise surprise!!

The winner of cub #8 is:
Mortikat

Mortikat, the only real negative about your form was the fact you used the name and personality of Daenerys from GOT. Though that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just takes away from the original character you had the opportunity to create here. Overall your form was well put together, the name would really be my only complaint with your form.

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery