Pound of Hope [CLOSED PERMANENTLY]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Pound of Hope [A: OPEN/D: OPEN/COME AND ADOPT!]

Postby Jericho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:39 pm

-3B- wrote:
Foxtrot55 wrote:
-3B- wrote:WIP are looked at and judged just as much as finished forms~

Is it harder for a WIP form to win though? I'm not going to have my form history finished in time for the code drop (seeing as I'm writing a novel, literally).

Eh, not really. The form itself has to be clear.

Ok, that's a relief. Thank you 3B!
Jericho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jericho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53 pm

Probably too late for this but....

I'd like some critique!
Username: Foxtrot55
Number of character you're applying for:
P64
Link to form:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=341528&p=43275864#p43275864
Would you like critique through PM, or another way?: PM please.
critastic

EDIT: sorry for double posting!
Jericho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Briar Rose » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Kennel number: F7
Namrah is of Indian origin and generally means Tigress. It is a feminine name.

That is my birth name but I'm often called Nana by friends. The monks have taken to calling me Prajna.

A golden tiger, golden tabby tiger or strawberry tiger is one with an extremely rare color variation caused by a recessive gene that is currently only found in captive tigers. Like the white tiger, it is a color form and not a separate species. In the case of the golden tiger, this is the wide band gene; while the white tiger is due to the color inhibitor (chinchilla) gene. There are currently believed to be fewer than 12 of these rare tigers in the world,[citation needed] but many more carriers of the gene. She towers at 7' 2'' and weighs approximately 575 lbs.

Yep, I guess that's me, well part of me at least. The tiger part. So naturally there's very few of those tigers to begin with and then to top it off there's even fewer of me. I don't even know how to get a Tiger Centaur, not that I've come across any others to ask.

I just adored the way Namrah was drawn. She's such a creative design and has the sweetest looking face. She called to me. It's very rare for me to find a human/partial human creature. So when she was here, I simply knew that I had to try for her. There's lots of designs that seem nice and "oh those are cute" but nothing that really ever struck me and inspired me. She actually inspired me to make art and this is literally the first time that I've added art to any sort of form that I've made. So at the very least, she helped me with my art block. :) Why could I do for her? Lots of art. Some of my characters have over 100 pieces by themselves. She would definitely be one of them. Not only would I have others commissioned to make art of her, but I would also like to make art of her myself. I would continue writing more of her story and weaving her into more of my characters. I'd really like her to meet a mermaid character that I'm having commissioned and write a story about the two of them.

Outwardly, Namrah is a very serene and calm. She's able to hold her temper unlike almost anyone else. It's amazing how much patience she has. Growing up with the Buddhist monks helped her learn to control not only her body but also her mind, soul, and emotions. She's generally well liked and wickedly intelligent. She was able to reach the standard of enlightenment at a young age, for this reason the monks took to calling her Prajna, which means to have the enlightenment of a Buddha. She is eager to learn and is always up for an adventure with friends. The monks don't normally like this but due to the far that she uses the excuse of exploring and in turn learning more and becoming more knowledgeable, she normally gets her way for whatever she wants. At times this can make her a little bit stuck up when she doesn't get her way but she means well. Both humans and creatures alike are drawn to her, they sense safety and comfort in her and have no fear when she is around.

One must be well composed at all times in order to maintain a healthy and natural functioning way of life. Acts that don't naturally occur in nature are things we must avoid if we wish to receive enlightenment.

Inwardly, Namrah is actually really scared to let anyone know the real her. She's very sweet and caring but since she was abandoned on the steps of the temple, she's worried that everyone will leave eventually. She is also worried of not fitting in. Due to her unusual appearance she feels out of place everywhere she goes. She knows that appearance is a superficial thing, but can't help but think that she's belongs somewhere else. She dreams of one day finding others who are like her.

Well... um.. I guess. But it's not like that will ever happen. I've been this way for my entire life and this is all I'll ever be.

These are some of the things that interest Namrah:
    - Traveling and seeing new places
    - Glimpses of the memories of her past (hardly any but the few she does have)
    - Meeting new people and learning new languages
    - Dreams of meeting others like her
    - Exploring mountain ranges and finding hidden places in the temple
    - Warm beds and hot food
    - All of her accessories - they each hold sentimental meaning to her, most of them being given to her by the monks as she grew
    - Fresh cool water after a long adventure
    - Studying with the monks and learning about the ways to enlightenment and reaching true peace

The little bit of exploring that the monks allow me to do is wonderful and god-sent. With the vastness that are the mountains, it's wonderful finding your own place to just think and let your mind wander. Some days, it's nice to be alone, you know? With no one there pretending to understand what you've been through or "understanding" who you are.

Some things Namrah really would prefer to do without:
    - Memories of once belonging
    - Feeling alone and forgotten
    - When her beads fall off and she has to re-string them
    - Spending all day studying with the monks and not being allowed outside
    - Feeling out of place among people and animals alike

You know, I wish just once, that I could belong. That I could meet someone who was like me and maybe understood what I've been through. I'd even settle for someone who wasn't part tiger. Just someone who feels lost like I do...

Namrah can't really remember when she was born, or specifically one that others ask a lot, how she was born. It's all a blur to her. And honestly, who wouldn't it be for? Who remembers how or when they were born? All she really remembers are dark shadows and figures throughout her earliest memories. She remembers falling asleep and the temperature dropped lower and lower as the altitude grew higher and higher. And then suddenly, nothing.

There she lay on the cold steps of the Buddhist monks' temple as she cried and cried. Her screams grew softer and softer as the winds howled on the mountain's peak. Eventually as the first crack of sunlight broke, someone came outside and found her laying there; almost frozen to death. Looking around confused, he was unsure of who would have abandoned such a beautiful baby girl so high in the mountains on such a cold night. The temple sat very high in the mountains and it was not a trek that was made lightly. Anyone coming here, came here with a purpose. Reluctantly, he scooped up the bundle and brought her inside. Being a monk, he didn't have much to offer the helpless child. He attempted to warm her by a fire as she squirmed and wriggled back into existence. As she wiggled and moved, the blanket she was wrapped tightly in began to fall off. It soon revealed she secret and why she was abandoned on the steps.

Whoever abandoned this baby, did so with the intents of killing her. To them, she must have been thought of as a monster. Not human, nor animal. Some morbid cross between the two. He sighed and held his head in sadness. Why couldn't others see the beauty in all living creatures? he thought to himself. Suddenly the baby whined and complained in hunger. He looked around for something to feed the young child. Struggling to find anything, he offered the babe some overly stale bread that he had lying about. He didn't have much himself since the monks would go on fasting for great lengths of times during hardships. It was part of their tradition to eat only once a day and even then, they tried to reduce the amount of food they ate. She happily ate all the bread in one quick gulp. She seemed to be content after that. The monk sighed and thought, maybe she would fit in here after all.

One day when she was still quite young, she came across a bird that was trapped under a large stone with its wing noticeably damaged. She quickly soothed the restless bird and made it at ease. She had a natural talent to calm creatures around her even from the earliest of ages. She took the bird under her care and nurtured it back to health with ease. The monks were astonished. How such a young being was capable of such compassion and understanding. The bird returned its gratitude in the form of two feathers. Namrah accepted the bird's offering and placed them in her hair to always have them with her.

He began to raise the child and teach her in the ways of being a monk. She attended classes, of sorts, with him and absorbed everything she was taught and shown like a sponge. Her mind grew as quickly as she did. Before long, she was already a bouncing toddler and happily learning. The beads she was wrapped in when left on the steps, became necklaces and trinkets to her. Reminders of what hardships she's already faced and what she has yet to face. And more importantly, that she can make it through all of them regardless.

By the time she was teenager, Namrah had already learned almost everything she could from the confines of the temple. She reached enlightenment and understanding that the monks began calling her Prajna, meaning to have the enlightenment of a Buddha. She had excelled at their lessons with ease and patience. She was unlike anyone the monks had ever studied with before. The monks decided that she needed to be marked to show her knowledge and power, for this reason they gave her a tattoo on her left forearm to forever mark her wisdom and strength.

Namrah longed for more however, it wasn't enough for her to know the mean of life. She needed reason behind it. She needed to know why people acted the way they did and what drew them to behave in the manners they did. She longed for adventure and to see more than the mountain peaks. She knew that one day she would. No matter what it took. One day she would leave this place and finally find others like her.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to own this amazing creature. Good luck to all the other entrants. Please do not take my art without permission in the event that I do not win.
Briar Rose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby red october » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:07 pm

This round is now closed!
Please refrain from posting new forms and/or editing current ones; we'll have the results up asap.
Good luck to everyone~ c:
red october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liru Kaulitz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Red October wrote:This round is now closed!
Please refrain from posting new forms and/or editing current ones; we'll have the results up asap.
Good luck to everyone~ c:

Ooooo, so excited. cx
I'll be keeping my eyes open for the next hour hoping for the results
but it'll probably take longer than that, haha.

I don't want to spam up but I want to say good luck
for F7 because I've got a lot of competition and all the forms are awesome!
Thanks for this chance! c:
Liru Kaulitz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pound of Hope [A: CLOSED/D: OPEN/STOP.]

Postby Irios Atelis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 pm

I have just been working on my form for about half an hour before your posted so you don't have to include me in this round but would you mind if I posted it just to make sure I don't loose it?
Irios Atelis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Try saving it as a draft. ^^; That way, when we open, you can easily post it.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jericho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:38 pm

Yet another question: How long does each round take to judge (approx.)?
Jericho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Irios Atelis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Alrighty, thanks :)
Irios Atelis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Foxtrot55 wrote:Yet another question: How long does each round take to judge (approx.)?

It varies, but they're working on it right now, actually.

[| Pound of Hope |] [| Art Shop |] [| Etsy |] [| Need help? |]

[| I'm on a semi-hiatus due to real-life. |]

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me