Pound of Hope [CLOSED PERMANENTLY]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Pound of Hope [A: OPEN/D: OPEN/COME AND ADOPT!]

Postby red october » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:29 am

I just want to remind everyone that this round ends tonight at 9:00 PM EST. There are about four and a half hours last, so be sure to finish up your forms. c:
red october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aster » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:02 am

I am looking to adopt...

Kennel number:

F7
    Name:

G'wyr [ Guh-were ]
      A name of my own design. In her language, it means of the goddess's favor.
    Breed:

Golden Tiger Centaur
    Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?:

The best art have emotion. It's noticeable, and unsubtle, whether it be sorrow, rage, or elation. I see emotion in her eyes, in the way she's drawn. Her expression is innocent, perhaps a tad playful, yet unsure of herself. It's the look of a blossoming adolescent, just beginning to find out her place in life. She's beautiful, yet remains determinedly unaware of it. There's suppressed excitement, and perhaps a little fear - this is the time when she first begins to explore the world on her own, without the support of her family. It amazes me someone could be so generous and let some other people have a chance at this beautiful character. To cut a long explanation short, I have fallen head over heels with this character. If it was a real-life person, I'd propose to her immediately, just so I could ensure I could be with her forever and ever. To be completely honest, I've had my eye on her since Bel first posted her. But I was uncertain whether I should try for her not. Obviously, I have. xD

Anyway, I want her because I want to chronicle her life. My fingers are at the ready, and my muse is at an all-time high. I've been stuck in a rut, lately, I'll admit. I haven't been able to conjure up any passion for any of my usual pastimes, such as piano and reading. Nothing seems to give me inspiration. And then I saw her. *cue sappy happy ending music. xD * Alright - so it wasn't exactly like that. But I do draw inspiration from her, and I'm nervously awaiting the judging. Will I be able to continue writing her life story?

What will I be willing to do for her? Anything needed or desired. Art? Done. [ even if I'm not the best artist, and she might turn up looking like some estranged llama. ] A poem? Done. A book? Done. Even if this very paragraph proves I'm not the best writer, for I'm still in vain in proving how much she inspires me and how much I want her. Thank you for giving me this chance.

Personality:

You wouldn't portray G'wyr as overly muscular, beautiful, or talented in a certain area. The only way she differs is in her personality. . .

Trepid;
    Precocious;
    Sardonic;
    Self-esteem issues;
    Adventurous;
    Hasty in Action;
    Easily Frightened/Panicked;
    a Dreamer

Trepid & Quiet. Shy, quiet by nature - no matter what you call it, G'wyr remains the one always hanging near the back of the crowd, the one becoming flustered upon meeting strangers, the one putting on a brave face, but, in reality, frightened inside. G'wyr has long looked enviously upon those who can push themselves out of their comfort zones seemingly easily. Her overpowering fear of rejection, disappointment, and hurt holds her back from many things, and is the main cause that has influenced her upon making momentous decisions.

Intelligent & Studious. Because G'wyr shies away from big social functions and resists putting herself 'out there,' this centaur has found herself with abundant time on her hands several times before. Perhaps its due to this that she is the top student, since she often has ample periods in which to study. G'wyr enjoys reading, and even as several of her friends shun it, she continues to gobble up words as if she was starving, and craving paper instead of food.

*While she is academically ahead of her peers, she still judges herself harshly and has convinced herself she's not.

Sarcastic & Playful. As odd as the former two words together, they are the only pair fit to describe this aspect of G'wyr's personality. She is a playful person, always looking to tease when in the presence of those familiar to her, often through forms of sarcasm and mock innocence.

Tentative & Lacking in Self-Confidence. G'wyr is easily hurt. This is not to be mistaken with easily offended, for if you think about it, there's a large gap between the two; when someone insults her, instead of shrugging it off or shooting back a taunting remark in response, she simply is hurt. She has never, as before mentioned, really even took a step out of her comfort zone, so hearing different opinions about her, is both unsettling and frightening for her. This accounts for her lack of self-confidence. She's always comparing herself, and her life, to others - and viewing only the cons about her own. This makes her tentative, in the sense that she's always terrified others are judging her for the worse.

Adventurous & Curious. Despite what you've heard about G'wyr so far, she is naturally adventurous. Perhaps not as daring as others - especially when others are around - but she stills enjoys say, exploring a cave, or trekking through the jungle with a friend. Her curiosity might also account for some of her smarts. It spurs her to check out things others might dismiss on sight.

Impetuous & Forgetful. Impetuous - characterized by sudden and forceful energy or emotion; impulsive and passionate [ defined by here. ] Which describes G'wyr perfectly. She often acts on impulse, most definitely not one to only move after much pondering. She's forgetful in the sense that she can't remember small things - 'Remember I asked you to . . .'

Easily Startled & Alarmed. As the prior two words might insinuate, G'wyr is easy to frighten. She tends to have a hyperactive imagination, thus bringing to mind many scenarios which she would rather not consider, and just another reason for her to be on edge.

A Dreamer. She's a thinker, not a doer. She prefers to only imagine feelings others would choose to instead feel, and the same goes with stimulating situations. Why force yourself to live in a world where you can get hurt, when you can have your own perfect little bubble just by imagining?

• When I'm up just at dawn and no on else is, and it feels like I can do anything.

•The security brought by being in the presence of those you care for, and who care for you.

•The feeling of success. There's nothing better.

• At the scene of something beautiful.

• Being able to help others.

• Autumn.

• Spring.

• Her family and friends.

T'werya. [ Tuh-were-yuh ] Meaning what I live for in G'wyr's language. The day when you celebrate everything you're thankful for in your life.

• When she completes something after hard work.

• When it drizzles.

• Magic.

Dislikes:

• The separation of others due to trivial things such as skin color, and other things beyond their control.

• Choices.

• Pressure.

• Being the center of attention.

• Being the object of someone's displeasure, irritation, or anger.

• Messing up.

• Growing up.

• Hunting. Though she knows she has to eat, she can't stomach the thought of killing.

• Blood.

History/Background:

Death and destruction was my origin, and darkness and shadows were meant to be my doom.

The count must have passed one thousand awhile ago on how many times I've been told I'm bad luck. A curse, an abomination, a mar on my family's name. . . My natural clumsiness and inclination to act the worst when other's eyes are on me only served to emphasize the idea in most everyone's mind that I was a creature woven of nightmares and bad fortune.

I was something they didn't understand, and didn't want to.

In comparison to my sister, I could do no right. I would struggle to wrap my mind around the complex problems my instructors posed to us, while she answered them with ease. She moved with a natural, fluid grace, while I remained the fumble-foot and klutz. My best efforts at anything wasn't up to par, while her's were far above. My spirits sunk ever lower, while her's only rose.

'The first is good luck, and the second is a curse. . .'

It began with a prophecy by our seer - one of the only humans who frequented our village. She was surprisingly young, with skin tanned a deep brown and a bright smile that often crossed her countenance.

Watch the moon, not the sun. . .

She predicted of a beautiful young girl who would only bring good luck. And then she spoke about me. She said flames would greet my birth, and death would follow as soon as I opened my eyes. She was right. Our former home of Kirkoche fell to the hands of our enemies as soon as my mother had me in her arms, and I had first displayed my emerald green eyes.

You can't run from your troubles, but I'll try. . .

My first day in the world was spent locked in my mother's grip as we fled from our home. Acrid smoke stung our nostrils, and walls of flame connected burning trees to form a confusing maze in which we were trapped. We barely made it out - most others, including friends and extended family, didn't.

I can only aspire to be like you. . .

It was only by luck that we heard of a mixed village, meaning one of both humans, centaurs, and other creatures, in which we would be welcome. Along with a meager stream of others from our prior home, we settled there.

This is my home, yet I remain an outsider. . .

Rumors spread. Those who had witnessed the proclamation of our prophecy whispered behind my back, and it wasn't before long that everyone knew me as the cursed girl. When I dared to step outside and enter a game with others, and fumbled a catch when playing ball, they only tightened their lips, expecting this from one who had been deemed bad luck. They didn't shun me openly, but I could sense the hostility in their gazes, their reluctance to let me in their games.

And it only worsened. . .

People began to fall ill. Along with my sister. We were different in every way but one: our mutual love for each other, and feeling that we'd do anything for one another.

Heart-broken and terrified, I searched for help. . .

I called upon our god of healing. It was not unusual for us to come to our gods and goddesses for help, and most often they answered. It was no different for me. He came to Earth in the form of a slender centaur, with an impish smile but serious eyes. He listened to me, and after I was done, heaved a sigh.

He told me what had to be done.

I'll give up my soul, if only you'll remain with me. . .

I could heal her, but it would inspire a change in me. The darkness that was supposedly my origin would overtake me. I would be nothing but one of the living dead - one with a beating heart, but with no purpose. I wouldn't be able to think.

I healed her without a moment of hesitation.

Art:

Well, uh. This is really hard to explain but. . . um, I had a drawing. But not anymore. Because, well, uh. . . it ended up looking like a alpaca with a bench for its lower body, and, um. I may have torn it into little bits and then even smaller pieces for good measure. And then blamed it on my younger sister to save face for the small amount of the drawing you could still see.

Other:

Bad ending for the history/background, agreed? xD Mwahaha. It's supposed to be a cliff-hanger, and not the end of her story. But I didn't want to keep writing and be let down if I didn't win her, so. . . Yeah. That's the main part of her history, however. Anyway.

Thank you - once more - for giving me this chance, and please don't even consider giving her to me if you for one moment think there's someone else who could possibly love her more.
Aster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jericho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 am

Red October wrote:I just want to remind everyone that this round ends tonight at 9:00 PM EST. There are about four and a half hours last, so be sure to finish up your forms. c:

How much longer left? I'm working on as much of my form as I can but I don't want to get disqualified for working on it after the end time.
Jericho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:33 am

Foxtrot55 wrote:
Red October wrote:I just want to remind everyone that this round ends tonight at 9:00 PM EST. There are about four and a half hours last, so be sure to finish up your forms. c:

How much longer left? I'm working on as much of my form as I can but I don't want to get disqualified for working on it after the end time.

There's a link on the front page that will take you to the precise current time in EST. Just use it to keep track. c:
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlazzingWolf » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:30 am

Red October wrote:@blazzing_wolf; There's no need to repost your form; the link from the previous round is still on my list.

Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't sure if I was on this round of not. Thanks for clearing that up.
BlazzingWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:25 pm

To be more of a help, you guys have about 30 min. till the deadline ovo
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jericho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:33 pm

QUESTION: Do people still have a chance at winning a character even if their form is not done (history)?
Jericho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:34 pm

WIP are looked at and judged just as much as finished forms~

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jericho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:35 pm

-3B- wrote:WIP are looked at and judged just as much as finished forms~

Is it harder for a WIP form to win though? I'm not going to have my form history finished in time for the code drop (seeing as I'm writing a novel, literally).
Jericho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Foxtrot55 wrote:
-3B- wrote:WIP are looked at and judged just as much as finished forms~

Is it harder for a WIP form to win though? I'm not going to have my form history finished in time for the code drop (seeing as I'm writing a novel, literally).

Eh, not really. The form itself has to be clear.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me